Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty?  (Read 62992 times)
links (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:46:43 PM

For me i think so.. 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/

READ MORE:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:07:01 PM

Bitcoin is not a magic wand which will end world poverty. It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive thing. Also bitcoin is not a payment system anymore. We have moved to a different goal long back, when the confirmation time increased and transaction fees hiked. These confirmation time and transaction fees is going to be increased again and again. So we will move from the initial goal further.

Bitcoin has now purely became an investment asset. IT can provide a huge return which any other conventional investment will never be able to offer ever. So I take bitcoin purely as an investment and a trading asset. I earn profit  and keep it for the future.

ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 01:33:48 PM

I don't see how bitcoin is helping people in Africa getting food or avoiding wars.

Humanxlemming

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:39:53 PM

Well with one snap of bitcoin it cannot end the worlds' problem which is poverty. It is always up for the people to move by themselves. It is on the people that is on that situation, it is up to them if they still wanted to live or they wanted to die as poor. There are a lot of stories I've read saying that there were many people born as poor but died as rich. Well for them to end their poverty using bitcoin they need the literacy to do it. At least they need to be media literate to deal with this.
YOYOY

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:49:43 PM

Well it not just easy as that, it should have process to begin with and and the main is to educate the whole world about bitcoin. It's not also easy that the whole world will embrace bitcoin because not all of us is the same way of thinking. Many will favor but much will hate but for them to better understand that bitcoin would really end world poverty they must first understand what it means and its goal.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:04:44 PM

I really think it will not entirely end poverty, because if a person does not have such knowledge in such feat I think it is very impossible for someone to just invest in bitcoin and hope it will take a leap up then boom your investment will automatically just make you a billionaire, It will really take a serious teachings to someone to really understand bitcoin, well a 12 year old become a billionaire because of bitcoin because he has skill and knowledge with it, but for a country to get up to poverty I think poverty will never end even in the richest and largest countries will always have poverty.
karasuri

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:04:55 PM

NO
People think of poverty, occasionally, as a character flaw. As though the impoverished were able to stop being in poverty, eventually if they just get to work. This may be true, but the work that needs to be done is part of social, part laborious. It's laborious. But it's also social because people are the typical roadblock for the impoverish. Some virtual stuff can't end world poverty
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:05:55 PM

bitcoin is just money, and like any other moneyz it can not do magical things on its ow. people can use it as a tool to make more moneyz an make themselves richer by increasing their net worth but to expect bitcoin to end world's poverty is just absurd in my opinion!

There is a FOMO brewing...
pacifista

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:07:51 PM

I think it depends on the situation. Bitcoin can only end the poverty of those who knows bitcoin,but those who dont know anything about bitcoin, they are always in poverty in thier entire life like on some places were technology have no room.
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:08:33 PM

It has a possibility that bitcoin might change the world but, it will take many years before it will be. We cannot change a thing so easily. But we hope so that oneday bitcoin might help us all especially those who are very lack in needs.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
DatGuyDoe

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:10:28 PM

2 things:
First of all, Bitcoin is just money; nothing special there that would end poverty.
Second, a lot of poor people don't have an internet connection; so how are they supposed to use Bitcoin?
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:11:18 PM

I don't think so.
In order to end world poverty we need to educate children, give them electricity, pure water, Internet etc.
Political changes are needed, end of political corruption, economic development, infrastructure development, good health care...
You can't do it with bitcoin.
I'm sorry but you are to idealistic and don't understand reality.
Money is not enough, people have to change.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
CryptonomyCapital

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:18:20 PM

Bitcoin is not a magic wand which will end world poverty. It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive thing. Also bitcoin is not a payment system anymore. We have moved to a different goal long back, when the confirmation time increased and transaction fees hiked. These confirmation time and transaction fees is going to be increased again and again. So we will move from the initial goal further.

Bitcoin has now purely became an investment asset. IT can provide a huge return which any other conventional investment will never be able to offer ever. So I take bitcoin purely as an investment and a trading asset. I earn profit  and keep it for the future.

The article does not speak about bitcoin, but about how blockchain technology will help to cope with the shadow economy in developing countries and as a result will reduce poverty.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:23:12 PM

It may or may not be able to do that. The thing is bitcoin is virtual currency and is used by those who know the internet and technology stuff. The poverty relates to people who are under developed or doesn't know much of the lesisure things in the world. There are no other people who will take their bitcoins and will donate to poor people for advancing their lifestyle.
Rylei

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 02:31:00 PM

2 things:
First of all, Bitcoin is just money; nothing special there that would end poverty.
Second, a lot of poor people don't have an internet connection; so how are they supposed to use Bitcoin?

But even if they have internet connection and gadget and electricity to use bitcoin, that is not enough to "end world poverty". There are many things to consider also. It would be realistic if through bitcoin it end someone's life from poverty, but to end WORLD POVERTY? I don't think so.
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:40:05 PM

It may or may not be able to do that. The thing is bitcoin is virtual currency and is used by those who know the internet and technology stuff. The poverty relates to people who are under developed or doesn't know much of the lesisure things in the world. There are no other people who will take their bitcoins and will donate to poor people for advancing their lifestyle.
We have the same thought. I think bitcoin can't end the world poverty but it might be lessen. We know that poor people have don't have enough money to get internet or gadgets to access bitcoin because even their daily food is a problem. I think bitcoin can only help to develop the economy of that country because it can lessen the unemployment rate.
itsallpc

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:12:49 PM

Although bitcoin is a potential coin,it could not end world poverty since its supply is limited to only 21 million coins.It has transformed the lives of many people but still it is highly impossible to eradicate poverty from the world.But it could atleast change the life of some poor people.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:21:44 PM

Although bitcoin is a potential coin,it could not end world poverty since its supply is limited to only 21 million coins.It has transformed the lives of many people but still it is highly impossible to eradicate poverty from the world.But it could atleast change the life of some poor people.

It is true, bitcoin will never be able to end world poverty, because besides the number of bitcoinbyang is limited in addition, many people who do not understand about the use of bitcoin. Maybe only some of us who understand the tramp of crypto that can maximize this
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

It is truly possible because Bitcoin is not like those riches who are getting richer themselves exploiting poor people's hardwork, but Bitcoin gives opportunity to those lower or mid level type laymen too in order to think to invest in such a giant and make up a living...
Those who have had taken the opportunities and bought few even when the price was $250 once, they must be having at least 10x of what they sowed... Smiley

davidmccoy

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 03:34:07 PM

It can bring ease to the life of those who know how to handle it. Poverty is not directly proportional to any currency (real or virtual). It is linked with other economic factors including policies, infrastructure, technology, and above all the education.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: