Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:51:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty?  (Read 62993 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 10:58:23 PM

It's a tough task for bitcoin. Well, it's basically the bitcoin user that determines the function of the bitcoin itself. If you are aiming for it, of course it's just like donating so much money to end poverty in this world.
As you talk about donating I have an idea what if we donate 0.00200BTC to every poor to start business in bitcoin because it can be helpful instead doing them a 100$ or 50$ and neither teach them a knowledge so it is better to give them a few bitcoin and teach them what is bitcoin trust me it would end poverty in this world due to its endless potential. Honestly your post is interesting it has given me a great idea.

We are going to see how bitcoin is going to change this world into better dimensions in coming years. That must be including poverty free world too.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:32:14 PM

Bitcoin and blockchain encryption has a greater ability to end the world poverty. And, Bitcoin is the currency is the future. Already a lot of countries accept Bitcoin.
Nope, I think you're too much to say that bitcoin will eliminate poverty in the world. To eliminate poverty in the world is impossible for bitcoin and even for the government though. This will be an eternal task for the government to be able to eliminate poverty in the world
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:54:36 PM

The world poverty is caused by governments and laws, therefore I have no idea how crypto currencies can end world poverty?

You can not eat crypto currencies and you can not live in it.
If bitcoin becomes a currency widely used by the people of one country then that country will enjoy prosperity because bitcoin will solve one of the biggest problems, bitcoin will not allow governments to print as much currency as they want, so they will have to be fiscally responsible.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:20:47 PM

I'm not sure about that. Well, that can solve the poverty of a country is only the government of the country. Although they use bitcoin with that purpose, I think it's still so difficult, because if it is not accompanied by a mature strategy, I think bitcoin is not able to solve the problem.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:29:59 PM

Bitcoin is not able to overcome poverty in the country because i think bitcoin can only help the financial needs of some individuals and bitcoin has nothing to do with poverty but to reduce poverty i think it could. IMO

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
cryp24x

Merit: 253

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:32:15 PM

I'm not sure about that. Well, that can solve the poverty of a country is only the government of the country. Although they use bitcoin with that purpose, I think it's still so difficult, because if it is not accompanied by a mature strategy, I think bitcoin is not able to solve the problem.

It is not the government (they can help) but the only person that can solve poverty is themseves.  I believe Bitcoin can help in giving jobless a job and earn their living, but it is the person that have to act and solve their  own poverty.  Government cannot solve it no matter how hard it try to if the person is not helping himself to get out of poverty.
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:07:04 PM

The world poverty is caused by governments and laws, therefore I have no idea how crypto currencies can end world poverty?

You can not eat crypto currencies and you can not live in it.
If bitcoin becomes a currency widely used by the people of one country then that country will enjoy prosperity because bitcoin will solve one of the biggest problems, bitcoin will not allow governments to print as much currency as they want, so they will have to be fiscally responsible.

They don't have the means to trade for it and are missing much of the infrastructure to make it work.

Money's worth isn't just about people recognizing it as such, there's the very real resources, manufacturing and services provided that are limited. Money ultimately facilitates the trade of these elements, the distribution of them.

Printing more money in itself is not necessarily bad, but too much can definitely be. Now, the problem with cryptos is that who's gonna stop people from replicating them. Not as limited as you thought now, eh? Also, one should mind that if it were just one of them it could still add to the inflation due to it not existing in a vacuum, they are attached to an existing system. Essentially also printing money as they gain value.

It's not really much of a problem if, say, diamonds cost a billion times more or whatever, because they don't have the liquid potential that crypto-currencies do. If the flood gates are opened they could bring some crazy hyperinflation that could be disastrous. See, cryptos, if mainstream, compete with currencies that stood alone within their national territories, you have effectively increased the amount of money, and probably slowed down productivity due to all the speculation. That means as a whole there would be more money to be traded against the same or less stuff than there was before.

One should remember that bitcoins and the other top alts, same as much of the wealth of the planet, is in very few people's hands. Great minds behind it, but I wonder if this was the right way to implement it and distribute it.

Without governments and laws, everyone would be fending for themselves, and unless you are a big fish in the vast ocean it might not be as great as you think. Even the concept of private property, never mind money being worth anything relies on the pacification brought by laws and enforcement. Or it would be the few elites and their private armies running the show and most everyone else as serfs. And sure, there's quite a bit of difference between one country's leadership and another.

It's pretty bad for most on this planet now, but it could certainly get much worse. To help people help themselves education is the way to go. Got to be capable of producing things, for there to be things to trade. The real wealth is, again, in the goods and services that someone needs to provide.

Let's hope I'm wrong, cause I'm a bit scared for the future of us all.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:18:24 PM

I might be wrong but the most people at this forum are getting an extra income from companies that are advertising their services, soo the only thing being made is distribution of money, because when you buy someone is selling as the reverse, and with mining well you will need to pay the bills, soo the ecosystem does generate and distributes money to all. Sure for some people they are able to survive and get a better life with signatures earnings as well trading, but in the end bitcoin inst creating more money, but its putting it into circulation.
jameshowlett

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:25:47 PM

Haha, I am sure that bitcoin can never end the poverty. The poverty exists from the beginning of the humankind and if you want to end poverty, join the Communist Wink and it does not exist at all. Communism is a big liar

PMmesexycoins

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 10:54:47 PM

I might be wrong but the most people at this forum are getting an extra income from companies that are advertising their services, soo the only thing being made is distribution of money, because when you buy someone is selling as the reverse, and with mining well you will need to pay the bills, soo the ecosystem does generate and distributes money to all. Sure for some people they are able to survive and get a better life with signatures earnings as well trading, but in the end bitcoin inst creating more money, but its putting it into circulation.

Although many of them will fail, it still is so. The pump and dump schemes, as terrible as they are, wouldn't add much to this snowball.

Even assuming that the alts and tokens stops multiplying, and even the "mining" of current ones ended, with just the increase of the value of the existing pool, it would still be the equivalent of more money coming in for what concerns the whole ecosystem. One of the popular coins gaining a market cap of 10 trillions is the equivalent of printing that much cash and putting it into circulation. This is all due to the liquid potential, something that gold/silver don't have. For the time being just potential, but it could pose major problems when it does get unleashed. They aren't coming into a world with no currency, but attaching to one that had plenty of it, albeit with improvements.

That globally, as individuals we got to survive somehow. It is what it is.

Haha, I am sure that bitcoin can never end the poverty. The poverty exists from the beginning of the humankind and if you want to end poverty, join the Communist Wink and it does not exist at all. Communism is a big liar

Humans often aren't nice to each other when there's no common threat, we turn on each other and are perfectly willing to take a bigger slice at the suffering of others.
Pattart

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:45:09 PM

Yeah bitcoin can only as a helper, can not help completely to eliminate poverty in the world. Of course it would be impossible to do by bitcoin, who can do that is the government Because government that have full power over a country
auditankara

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 11:59:02 PM

I've seen previous comments about this. I see it damn hard, you can only do campaigns, but ending with the entire poverty never.
I wish it could be a solution, but it's not.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:25:53 AM

Bitcoin is not able to overcome poverty in the country because i think bitcoin can only help the financial needs of some individuals and bitcoin has nothing to do with poverty but to reduce poverty i think it could. IMO
Imagine if bitcoin is used by all the poor people in the world and surely all of them will benefit from business and jobs in bitcoin and it will improve their financially and it will release them from poverty? But of course it is impossible for all poor people to use bitcoin
PMmesexycoins

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:32:10 AM

Imagine if bitcoin is used by all the poor people in the world and surely all of them will benefit from business and jobs in bitcoin and it will improve their financially and it will release them from poverty? But of course it is impossible for all poor people to use bitcoin

Read my posts above.

I'm afraid it's more likely it to further increase the divide between the top end and everything below.
CARrency

Merit: 256

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:39:57 AM

I've seen previous comments about this. I see it damn hard, you can only do campaigns, but ending with the entire poverty never.
I wish it could be a solution, but it's not.

You don't need to hope bitcoin to end the world poverty, bitcoin is just a digital currency, you are hoping for bitcoin big time. It may help people give them opportunities that can make them rich, but this will depend on how the people will be able to do it. There is a lot of way to earn bitcoin, we just need to be open minded.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:40:48 AM

How come you think bitcoin will be used by poor people? Don't you see bitcoin is extreme luxury now?

I sometimes read very interesting things in this forum. Middle class people can't even reach bitcoin but you say it will be used by poor class. Next time, explain how please.
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:06:53 AM

I think, bitcoin should be distributed evenly so that it can reduce and even eliminate poverty. The government played a major role in this.
superhelper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:21:06 AM

I don't know how Bitcoin End World Poverty? I also think removing poverty is not possible for bitcoin because bitcoin is not a magic .
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 03:21:56 AM

Why do we always thought that 'the only that could save poverty is MONEY'. I mean what kind of thought is this, does money really does this expectations you are making assumptions of?

First of all poverty has nothing to do with Bitcoin, since it is only a 'cryptocurrency'. Its not a hope-like tool that could save every person in that state. I mean 'money' doesn't always save everything, in fact it only saves few.

If you could just know the true meaning of 'poverty' this wouldn't be your answer.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 06:09:03 AM

I don't know how Bitcoin End World Poverty? I also think removing poverty is not possible for bitcoin because bitcoin is not a magic .

Poverty is the hardest problem of each countries and it's being discussed by the world government. It can end individuals poverty but not all the people on this world are open minded with such technologies and specific with bitcoin. I believe it can help to reduce poverty but it can't really remove the main problem of people who lives in poor places.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: