Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:19:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty?  (Read 62993 times)
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:10:08 AM

Ok, as we analyze the situation. The world poverty is somehow much worse than the past years. I mean as you can see even the highest rated fiat (dollars) can't do the trick of saving them from poverty, even though $ has been used for centuries now then what more for Bitcoin who're just a few years old. It doesn't even have the convenience when using it. And few countries are the only ones who accepted it.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:09:29 AM

Ok, as we analyze the situation. The world poverty is somehow much worse than the past years. I mean as you can see even the highest rated fiat (dollars) can't do the trick of saving them from poverty, even though $ has been used for centuries now then what more for Bitcoin who're just a few years old. It doesn't even have the convenience when using it. And few countries are the only ones who accepted it.
yes i strongly agree on you.it is not the bitcoin who can end worlds poverty.it is the people who  was on that world or a country who can make that poverty ends.if the people arround didnt have any interest to make an action then correct me if i am wrong that this poverty didnt end .we need to be united as   one  in order to make our  worlds rise.the bitcoin is only a coin and no one can be rich to it if nobody will be interested to work for it.the reality is worst.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:43:45 AM

Maybe yes, if the people of the nation will learn about bitcoin and will invest wisely and give much time, efforts and skills as well, bitcoin will serve as an answer to end poverty.

A lot of people here testifies that bitcoin already supply their financial needs. Therefore, it really helps to lessen everyone's financial problems.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:55:05 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin is helpful for eradicating poverty. this is just a currency which can be helpful to make money but not for every people. it is a site which needs to be involvement via the internet. so how a poor person can afford it. I think those people are rich and affluent only they can be benefited by this platform.

It can help to reduce people that are in the poverty line/level. But generalizing "world" poverty, I can't possibly see it's going to happen. Problem is too broad when we talk about "world" poverty, there's a lot of places in this world that is experiencing poverty and even electricity, they don't have and we know internet is a much for bitcoin.
There are many reasons why poverty is happening in the world and even though bitcoin comes it will not instantly eliminate poverty in the world. Behold there are many poor people who can not use the internet Even many of them are also lazy to learn, there are many problems that can not be solved with bitcoin

Like I said, it is being experience everywhere. When it comes to laziness it's not of bitcoin's business anymore. Just like what I believe in life, opportunities are everywhere, you just need to come and seek them and they will knock to you. Being lazy is one of the reasons too why the poor became poorer they don't have facilities too.
kupido14

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:39:59 AM

I don't see how bitcoin is helping people in Africa getting food or avoiding wars.

True, aside from that we cannot eradicate poverty for a couple of years, it may take decades , and who will finace? No one will volunteer without a cause.

Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:42:15 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin is helpful for eradicating poverty. this is just a currency which can be helpful to make money but not for every people. it is a site which needs to be involvement via the internet. so how a poor person can afford it. I think those people are rich and affluent only they can be benefited by this platform.

It can help to reduce people that are in the poverty line/level. But generalizing "world" poverty, I can't possibly see it's going to happen. Problem is too broad when we talk about "world" poverty, there's a lot of places in this world that is experiencing poverty and even electricity, they don't have and we know internet is a much for bitcoin.
There are many reasons why poverty is happening in the world and even though bitcoin comes it will not instantly eliminate poverty in the world. Behold there are many poor people who can not use the internet Even many of them are also lazy to learn, there are many problems that can not be solved with bitcoin

Like I said, it is being experience everywhere. When it comes to laziness it's not of bitcoin's business anymore. Just like what I believe in life, opportunities are everywhere, you just need to come and seek them and they will knock to you. Being lazy is one of the reasons too why the poor became poorer they don't have facilities too.
Lazy there is reasons, if they can not do anything of course it is not because they do not want to change their fate, they are not power to change fate for many things, for example is a state policy that is not impartial to them.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 08:45:39 AM

Of course, with bitcoin distribution of money easier and transparent so that the presence of bitcoin can be a solution of poverty.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:35:03 AM

I would rather agree to reduce poverty in the world because it is impossible to eliminate all poverty in the world. You should know that the cause of poverty is not due to unemployment. Because if the unemployment could have been overcome by giving jobs in bitcoin but the cause of world poverty is very complicated
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:07:50 AM

I would rather agree to reduce poverty in the world because it is impossible to eliminate all poverty in the world. You should know that the cause of poverty is not due to unemployment. Because if the unemployment could have been overcome by giving jobs in bitcoin but the cause of world poverty is very complicated

I agree with you to the effect that some are merely just lazy to find a job thus, they are unemployed.  Some are kind of choosy in terms of the job that they will be having because some were shy or feeling of incompetent that is why they are not applying.  They are just waiting for the alms or blessings that will be given by their family member or worst, their parents.  Bitcoin can at least help these people to have a good income.  Online jobs are also preferred by many because it is more comfortable.
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:37:46 AM

I totally agree with you , the problem is too broad to discuss it just from the bitcoin angle since poverty is not just  as we all know a lack of income and resources to ensure an honorable living. It consists also of hunger , illiteracy most importantly exclusion from society .
And if all those people are deprived of the access to these basic services , they won't be able to use internet if there's electricity in the 1st place , so bitcoin won't change their lives if they can't even have the required technology to deal with this "phenomenon" ..
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:43:40 AM

I agree with you to the effect that some are merely just lazy to find a job thus, they are unemployed.  Some are kind of choosy in terms of the job that they will be having because some were shy or feeling of incompetent that is why they are not applying.  They are just waiting for the alms or blessings that will be given by their family member or worst, their parents.  Bitcoin can at least help these people to have a good income.  Online jobs are also preferred by many because it is more comfortable.
Unemployment is only one part of the puzzle on defining what is poverty, because there are so many reasons behind it such as what your earning is enough for your family or not, or even if your own money is enough for you. Yes earning Bitcoin may reduce poverty but it depends on how much you are earning, but I guarantee you if you are treating Bitcoin as a cash for day to day transaction your life won't improve on what it is.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
roll on

Activity: 175
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:08:47 AM

Bitcoin is not a magic wand which will end world poverty. It simply doesn't have the power to end such a massive thing. Also bitcoin is not a payment system anymore. We have moved to a different goal long back, when the confirmation time increased and transaction fees hiked. These confirmation time and transaction fees is going to be increased again and again. So we will move from the initial goal further.

Bitcoin has now purely became an investment asset. IT can provide a huge return which any other conventional investment will never be able to offer ever. So I take bitcoin purely as an investment and a trading asset. I earn profit  and keep it for the future.
I agree with you that Bitcoin may solve some pressing needs of poor or simply helps to provides some but not all theo of the poor people at some times but I don't think it can eradicate poverty completely even tough it's meant for a good course. Poverty has been there since the beginning and impoverished people live amongst us since growing up and nothing has been able to change their situation so I'm looking forward to Bitcoin believing that they can seek solutions to resolve that but it cannot completely wipe it
Alice Nuttal

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:13:29 PM

Interesting to see if someone replies “Yes it will”. Of course it won’t. Nothing can ultimately deal with world poverty. But I believe that Bitcoin can significantly improve all the ways of striving against it. For now Bitcoin is the best donation instrument I know. The fees are extremely low, making it possible to do micro-donations. You can donate $0,3 or even less. No one would do this with banks, because the fee can exceed the donation amount. In this way, Bitcoin is a good motivator to donate a small amount of your money in one click.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:24:34 PM

Interesting to see if someone replies “Yes it will”. Of course it won’t. Nothing can ultimately deal with world poverty. But I believe that Bitcoin can significantly improve all the ways of striving against it. For now Bitcoin is the best donation instrument I know. The fees are extremely low, making it possible to do micro-donations. You can donate $0,3 or even less. No one would do this with banks, because the fee can exceed the donation amount. In this way, Bitcoin is a good motivator to donate a small amount of your money in one click.

Donations can not save the world from poverty, that is just a marketing trick, at least it is my opinion. Fight against poverty should be on higher
level, that means governments should stop giving money for weapons and armies, celebrities should be paid but not like now, companies should give
the part of their profit back to people. That are the steps we need, not bitcoin or donations.
   But when will this happen? It is opposite, governments are investing more and more every year in military, celebrities are earning more and more each year, companies also make higher profit every year but workers earn less and less. Things will not change until people rise!

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:21:33 PM

I think that bitcoin will not put an end to world poverty, because it is money that you need to earn. In countries where there is no Internet, they simply can not even see bitcoin.
Yeah that is right but if you will see the large aspect of bitcoin impact to the society it is the new way of earning because in the past the earning needs hard work but now you only need a gadget, internet and some time to earn the bitcoin so it is gradually reducing the poverty but it can't totally ended somehow but is helping to reduce the cases of it.
Exactly bitcoin cannot end poverty but somehow if we analyze the situation it reduces the indigence. It helps those in need because bitcoin offer earnings to anyone who use it. Thus, we can admit bitcoin added a big impact to our life because anyone can earn money through online.

I don't understand the argument here, bitcoin cannot end world poverty clearly but it also causing new poverty just like capitalism did before. A portion of people getting rich and rich and the rest staying more poor with respect to initial condition. Might sound weird, but bitcoin can also cause poverty.

Bitcoin is a currency and a currency cannot end poverty automatically.  It is the responsibility of the government to take necessary steps to  end the poverty by making new opportunities for the common man. An even distribution of currency is required to eliminate poverty whether it be bitcoin or any other fiat like US Dollar, Euro etc.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:26:39 PM

Bitcoin can not put an end to world poverty. This is an electronic currency, not a magic wand. In order to get bitcoin you need to earn it or earn another currency and exchange it for bitcoin.
yes that is right that bitcoin cannot end world poverty but still it can help us to over come it for a little. it can give opportunity to poor people to make money from bitcoin and earn their livelihood.

When you talk about living, there are many who earn a living / get a job from bitcoin, but this is only for those who understand the virtual world.
At this time may be said 50-70% of the world's citizens have been able to make money from bitcoin
Man, how can you say that 50% to 70% of the world population have made money in bitcoin, adoption in bitcoin has not reached even 1% of the human population, we are probably in between two to ten million users, at the moment, your numbers are way off mate.
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:36:47 AM

Minimal help reduce unemployment, many poor people who apparently have internet access even from the smartphone. Many paths if they really intend to wrestle with bitcoin. It all started with what they had at the time. They fall into the poor category because income is just enough for everyday needs and without thinking of long-term wealth.
Ending the world poverty is a bit impossible, it can decrease maybe but for the poorest country it is even impossible for them to hold a computer or connect a signal.

moedasdofuturo

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 02:50:41 AM

Bitcoin just does not, but btc and altcoins yes
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:29:57 AM

Lazy there is reasons, if they can not do anything of course it is not because they do not want to change their fate, they are not power to change fate for many things, for example is a state policy that is not impartial to them.

Policy and the government must do something about it. We have knowledge that bitcoin can empowerment a country or a community but having no facilities and other people who are willing to do the initiative to educate those people who lives there. Because they will not just know that bitcoin in an instant without someone telling it.
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 12:23:54 PM

I think that bitcoin will not put an end to world poverty, because it is money that you need to earn. In countries where there is no Internet, they simply can not even see bitcoin.
Yeah that is right but if you will see the large aspect of bitcoin impact to the society it is the new way of earning because in the past the earning needs hard work but now you only need a gadget, internet and some time to earn the bitcoin so it is gradually reducing the poverty but it can't totally ended somehow but is helping to reduce the cases of it.
Exactly bitcoin cannot end poverty but somehow if we analyze the situation it reduces the indigence. It helps those in need because bitcoin offer earnings to anyone who use it. Thus, we can admit bitcoin added a big impact to our life because anyone can earn money through online.

I don't understand the argument here, bitcoin cannot end world poverty clearly but it also causing new poverty just like capitalism did before. A portion of people getting rich and rich and the rest staying more poor with respect to initial condition. Might sound weird, but bitcoin can also cause poverty.

Bitcoin is a currency and a currency cannot end poverty automatically.  It is the responsibility of the government to take necessary steps to  end the poverty by making new opportunities for the common man. An even distribution of currency is required to eliminate poverty whether it be bitcoin or any other fiat like US Dollar, Euro etc.
Bitcoins can alone not end poverty from the world. The things you have mentioned should be taken under consideration. We need to pay less to already rich people and should focus on creating jobs for the unemployed people so that they can live a life of dignity and are not at the mercy of cruel billionaires. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: