Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:04:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin End World Poverty?  (Read 62993 times)
Anfisman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:16:52 AM

Poverty is a problem that has existed since human birth, poverty has become part of life that is very difficult to remove. What we can do now is to suppress the growing poverty rate. Based on the data, In 1990, there were 2 billion people living in extreme poverty. With a reduction to 705 million in 2015, this means that on average, every day in the 25 years between 1990 and 2015, 137,000 fewer people were living in extreme poverty. This data shows that we can actually suppress poverty. And I hope bitcoin plays a big role in suppressing poverty.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:31:10 AM

Of course, bitcoin benefits a lot, deals are easier and faster, bitcoin can be easily shared with everyone, so bitcoin can reduce poverty globally.
tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:00:18 AM

Personnaly I don't think so.
Btc is a virtual currency which you can access to, only by having pc + a good internet connection.
This is impossible to have internet all around the globe.
i also think bitcoin cannot end world poverty, but i think it can only help, because majority of poor countries still do not have the facilities of  computer and internet therefore they do not have opportunity to get benefit from bitcoin.
Well Bitcoin can helps the developing countries in present, but the poverty countries not have knowledge any technology as some country in Africa very difficult for helps them. Bitcoin just is the place for people can use PC, use google for seach more knowledge about cryptocurrency and stalbe line internet connection.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:11:36 AM

Btc is a virtual currency which you can access to, only by having pc + a good internet connection.
i also think bitcoin cannot end world poverty, but i think it can only help, because majority of poor countries still do not have the facilities of  computer and internet therefore they do not have opportunity to get benefit from bitcoin.

Some of is possible. Many people under poverty line are getting some money from bitcoin. It not completely end his property but it help some how for their food and shelter. Many people food is possible with bitcoin only.It also give a income to a person not having a job and all.
Ganymede

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:35:46 AM

My personal opinion is that it cant, there must be balance or should i say classes between how much money someone has or someone puts effort to earn it (worker class, business class, etc etc) thats how world functions and if something would end worlds poverty who would be worker class, that would be really bad because no one would do farming jobs (and i mean real farming not cyber farming) and jobs like that imagine world now.... ( i see wasteland in near future).

Be careful! Don't lose your Bitcoins in November 2017 forks!!!
See a very serious warning here: https://bitcoin.org (https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-10-09-segwit2x-safety)
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:37:44 AM

My personal opinion is that it cant, there must be balance or should i say classes between how much money someone has or someone puts effort to earn it (worker class, business class, etc etc) thats how world functions and if something would end worlds poverty who would be worker class, that would be really bad because no one would do farming jobs (and i mean real farming not cyber farming) and jobs like that imagine world now.... ( i see wasteland in near future).
I also think that bitcoin can't end the world poverty because it doesn't that so open for all the people since it is limited and it will not able to supply the people that will demand for it for a long time. Bitcoin will be just an opportunity for the seeker and not solution for the world biggest problem which is poverty.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:44:46 AM

well for yes its impossible due to some instances like north korea which all people are been controlled by the overpower government so basically
there's no chance to get those people around to that country bitcoin wont be able to help the poor from that place.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:32:58 PM

I think Bitcoin is just money, and like other moneyz can not do anything other than for payment traction. People can use it as a tool to make more money to make themselves richer by increasing their net worth but expecting bitcoin to end world poverty makes no sense to me.
i think bitcoin cannot end the world poverty and specially in present time when its uses is not so much.
That is not really the issue, the issue is that poverty is a consequence of the current system that we see, that is capitalism, the problem is that some have devised ways to try to eliminate that, like communism, but as we know that is even worst than capitalism and creates even more poverty.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:52:50 PM

Until now bitcoin is only used as an investment asset for people who already use bitcoin, but bitcoin will not cope with world poverty because most people are still many who do not know about the existence of bitcoin.
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:58:27 PM

Poverty cann't be overcome with anything, also with bitcoin. Poverty is a balance of wealth. However, bitcoin has helped many people change their economic conditions for better. From non produces to produce, from which income fits into prosperity.

geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 06:12:23 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 10:00:58 AM by geegaw

i also think bitcoin cannot end world poverty, but i think it can only help, because majority of poor countries still do not have the facilities of  computer and internet therefore they do not have opportunity to get benefit from bitcoin.
Well Bitcoin can helps the developing countries in present, but the poverty countries not have knowledge any technology as some country in Africa very difficult for helps them. Bitcoin just is the place for people can use PC, use google for seach more knowledge about cryptocurrency and stalbe line internet connection.
Yes, bitcoin can not end poverty in the world because it does not have the capacity to do it, it is not God, it does not bless anyone, it's just a chance and it can only help improve individual income, the whole world is impossible. In addition, many people and countries still do not know the potential of bitcoin, they are always suspicious and feel unbelievable about bitcoin, that makes them lose the opportunity to improve their lives

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:20:47 PM

Poverty cann't be overcome with anything, also with bitcoin. Poverty is a balance of wealth. However, bitcoin has helped many people change their economic conditions for better. From non produces to produce, from which income fits into prosperity.
It maybe true that nothing can eradicate Poverty since it is a phenomenon where we are dividing the people by its economical statuses. It depends on the person really, the only thing we could provide in order for them to leap out to poverty is to give them education and somehow grant them jobs so that they could now be financially stable.

I don't see people who are engaged in Bitcoin can be producers of some sort.
igehhh_01

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:50:06 AM

i think poverty can not be end. . .but bitcoin will help to improve our economy like problems on bank. bitcoin can transact with in a min but bank  took days for transaction like  county to county . . .
Hipster999

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:56:53 AM

Bitcoin, like any other conventional currency or crypto currency, can not put an end to world poverty, because it needs to be earned. I've been earning bitcoin, and my neighbor still doubts and remains poor.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:13:01 PM

Bitcoin, like any other conventional currency or crypto currency, can not put an end to world poverty, because it needs to be earned. I've been earning bitcoin, and my neighbor still doubts and remains poor.

Looking at it in general terms, ending poverty lies heavily in the hands of leaders and the government. Its always been up to them. Corruption mainly is the reason why poverty is rampant in a lot of countries. Bitcoin at the very least can give some people ways to earn and have something to spend but that's a far cry from ending poverty.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:59:06 PM

It is such a shame that people that could easily change their life with some additional income and that they could get through bitcoin do not do it because that have doubts in their hearts, a poor person does not have anything to lose by trying his luck in bitcoin but some are too afraid to try anything new.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:30:17 PM

It is such a shame that people that could easily change their life with some additional income and that they could get through bitcoin do not do it because that have doubts in their hearts, a poor person does not have anything to lose by trying his luck in bitcoin but some are too afraid to try anything new.
If someone is afraid of trying anything new, there is no need to be harsh with them or speak badly about them. Poor people have very less capital and they can’t afford losing it in trying their luck. They need to be cautious while taking such steps. If bitcoins are explained in detail to them, they will surely invest in it.
vegito

Activity: 35
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:27:23 PM

Interesting read. I think Bitcoin can help lessen the world's poverty, in fact this is already happening, but it's happening at a very slow pace, the biggest change has to come from people themselves.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
Bondho Kompeni

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 02:44:04 AM

The problem of poverty due to education and state policy, we all know that many poor countries because they do not care about education, so they just work rough and have no capital and they do not know about investment.

▄
                 ▄██▄
              ▄█████▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄█████▀█████▄
       █████▀░░▀█████
        ▀██▀░▄█▄░▀██▀
                █████
        ▄██▄░▀█▀░▄██▄
       █████▄░░▄█████
        ▀█████▄█████▀
           ▀████████▀
              ▀█████▀
                 ▀██▀
                    ▀
AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:46:13 AM

I do not think so. Not everyone knows about bitcoin and not everyone has access to it as well as to the Internet in general. And at the social level, bitcoin can not solve the problem of poverty for everyone. Only for people who decide to invest in bitcoin and at the expense of this become richer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: