Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD Vega frontier released!  (Read 5017 times)
percy_tc (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:00:30 PM

So it is released few tests are already published. Is there anyone who preordered it?

pre-review: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-vega-frontier-edition-unboxed-and-benchmark.html

BustyKuroNeko

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Canadian Miner Passing Through~~

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:11:49 PM

Well s*** i just bought 7 1070 for a rig... Are the new AMD GPU's with the HBM2 ram going to be better at mining then the ones with GDDR5???
Also no release date?

Thanks

Self-proclaimed nice guy~
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:13:42 PM

So it is released few tests are already published. Is there anyone who preordered it?

pre-review: http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-vega-frontier-edition-unboxed-and-benchmark.html

Now this is music for the ears of miners. I love that 16384 MB or 16 GB GDDR5 memory and that extreme bandwidth 483.8GB and the bus width extreme of 2048 bit. I think this will make about 40-42 mhash out of the box in Ethereum and can even go to 50 mhash for a card with a bit of tweaking and overclocking.

I have made ready a board for September with an Asrock K4 B250 gaming with 6-GPUs ready to be filled when these vega cards came out.
Truly spectacular specs if they are for real Smiley

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:18:14 PM

Now this is music for the ears of miners. I love that 16384 MB or 16 GB GDDR5 memory and that extreme bandwidth 483.8GB and the bus width extreme of 2048 bit. I think this will make about 40-42 mhash out of the box in Ethereum and can even go to 50 mhash for a card with a bit of tweaking and overclocking.

I have made ready a board for September with an Asrock K4 B250 gaming with 6-GPUs ready to be filled when these vega cards came out.
Truly spectacular specs if they are for real Smiley

The ram is not GDDR5 it's HBM2

dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:23:27 PM

This is still the non-consumer card, but it's good to see the chipset is finally out in the wild and available, albeit at an exaggerated price point at the moment.

The real question is going to be final consumer grade cards pricing and electricity usage, it's been pretty clear for a while that these will have a considerable improvement over current generation hardware in almost all respects, BUT if the unit price and cost to operate stay as high as many estimates I've read over the past months, the 5xx and 10xx series cards will still be the value leaders. 

This is doubly so considering that once Vega consumer cards are readily available they'll provide more market competition on card prices, on top of the price pressure the "mining only" cards are likely going to provide.
percy_tc (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:30:17 PM

well, there is not too much improvement regarding power usage as it is manufactured on 14nm, however the real question is new memory architecture HBM2 which could be good in eth (or actually not like we saw on HBM v1)
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:45:41 PM

Zcash might be awesome on Frontier cards. Hopefully someone tests mining on one of those Vegas and releases the results.
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2108
Merit: 1397

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:52:33 PM

I have one coming in for testing...will post results. Ill also be able to do some hardcore BIOS mods on it so should be interesting to see what can be done with it.

I suspect any real speeds up will need miner devs to to low level changes to code specifically for the NCU and HBM2 architecture. These should be able to be pushed close to the theoretical 55-60MH cap.

What should be more interesting is how these do with Zcash, LBRY etc...since they should be as fast or faster than 1080 (and some really interesting opportunities with dual mining on them).

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
dacutey1023

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:59:28 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 10:38:50 PM by dacutey1023

Pre- order $999.99 here https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105073&ignorebbr=1  *** Update . This caard is now showing as sold out at newegg ***

This is the Liquid Cooled Model for $1,499.99

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814105074&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Video+Cards+-+Workstation-_-N82E16814105074&gclid=Cj0KEQjwp83KBRC2kev0tZzExLkBEiQAYxYXOv3BKvpgs-5aSS_qRZZ9tjfl1Yu28NWJCAxrqPytJL4aAoNg8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
Cryptohminer

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:43:40 AM

30 ~ 33 Mh
https://youtu.be/QuFG7pw_k50?t=30m43s
heavyinbitcoin12

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:00:08 AM

Mem clock so low. Should do 40 easy.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:08:14 AM

You could get four of the mining cards and get 110+ MH/s for the same price. The workstation cards are never good for mining. Better to wait for the gaming version which will be cheaper.
heavyinbitcoin12

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:43:08 AM

You could get four of the mining cards and get 110+ MH/s for the same price. The workstation cards are never good for mining. Better to wait for the gaming version which will be cheaper.

Yeah Im talking about when gaming one comes out.
D8V1D

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:46:26 AM

30-33 Mh/s that's disappointing.  

You can get 32 Mh/s with a GTX 1070.
BustyKuroNeko

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:01:54 PM

30-33 Mh/s that's disappointing.  

You can get 32 Mh/s with a GTX 1070.

I don't know about you but for me this is good news.
Maybe we won't need to change our cards for another few months

Raziel__

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Geniuses are always branded as crazy

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:44:03 PM

Does anybody know when will rx vega come out? (the gaming one)

This is madness. Prepare yourself miners, winter is here!
SubZer0

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:14:28 PM

Really wan't to know more about the gaming version.
Now i'm thinking of the 1080ti's, but if the gaming has almost the same power at a lower price it will be good.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 03:29:16 PM

by end of july for consumers, some places may start seeing them popup over next weeks approaching end of july i bet tho

these frontier cards are just AMD flexing the new mem type and will not be the bomb ETH miners i dont think (tho if anyone can get them to 50+ it's Jstefanop haha so i am excited to see his results)
 i am really more intrested in equihash and dual-mining results as well

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2108
Merit: 1397

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:59:06 PM

That is on completely stock settings and looks like he was using an old genoil miner. Once BIOS mods are made and miners optimized for vega architecture it should do around 50 MH.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Raziel__

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Geniuses are always branded as crazy

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:16:02 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 06:53:49 PM by Raziel__

by end of july for consumers, some places may start seeing them popup over next weeks approaching end of july i bet tho

these frontier cards are just AMD flexing the new mem type and will not be the bomb ETH miners i dont think (tho if anyone can get them to 50+ it's Jstefanop haha so i am excited to see his results)
 i am really more intrested in equihash and dual-mining results as well

That's good news, is it better then to wait for vega for mining, and skip this ultra expensive rx models, btw what about polaris bug, will vega have the same dag-hash drop as polaris or they will not be affected like nvidia?

P.S. with mem clock at 700-1000mhz isnt that bad for equihash? Because equihash is more mem heavy than ethas.

This is madness. Prepare yourself miners, winter is here!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: