Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:47:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Securing your wallet  (Read 3603 times)
zwiggel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:53:18 AM

yes, securing wallet is very important. I have three bitcoin wallets, all my wallets are secure and safe.
Alfro

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:01:32 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 01:15:07 PM by Alfro

What do you think about differences Bitcoin and Ethereum from the point of security?
http://imgur.com/SrwnD0z
Cerebellum22

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:07:32 PM

it isn't a secret trick or the like actually, everyone knows it but allot ignore it, Have a BTC wallet for cold storage out of the internet, for majority of coins, 2)  always use a good AV and 3) be careful, don't click download on the shady fake program, That's probably it (also add a password and encrypt your Private keys, but don't forget it).
celested

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 01:27:16 PM

What nuances and secrets you know

Here, if you use an offline wallet, I think you do not need to do too much to protect it. You just need to carefully store your personal locks, your money will be safe. Also, you need to keep in mind when visiting certain websites, if you encounter a virus, it will infiltrate and steal your entire amount.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1344
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 02:02:43 PM

In securing your bitcoin wallet you can use the coins.ph.Because coins.ph is ome of the most tested bitcoin wallet online that is proven to be legit.In coins.ph your bitcoin is safe and secured.

securing wallet is one of the most important factor to secure your wallet from hacking or steeling is not so difficult. There are a lot of online wallets are available today in markets coin base xapo world digital currency in now save enough to keep in online hardware wallets .

I wouldn't recommend Xapo since they've got shitty service around aswell with coinbase they are so suck and cannot shoulder you off when you've got trouble regarding to balance dissappearance and solving some errors. But I could recommend to used electrum and multibit so far never encountered such deep problem regarding to their service.
Always 2fa can be also help to secure your wallet.. and i think xapo and coinbase are legit wallet online but we are just always having many issue about their service that is why other people are always looking for a way to secured their wallet to safety of their funds..
Since i already experience of many issue about coinbase and Xapo i transfer almost all my funds in electrum because its more safe that the other wallet..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Fr33M@n

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:10:27 AM

Download offline paper wallet generator and copy it to fresh install of computer or VM, then generate paper wallet, print it and store it to your bank cell or other places that only you would reach
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:41:00 AM

In securing your bitcoin wallet you can use the coins.ph.Because coins.ph is ome of the most tested bitcoin wallet online that is proven to be legit.In coins.ph your bitcoin is safe and secured.

securing wallet is one of the most important factor to secure your wallet from hacking or steeling is not so difficult. There are a lot of online wallets are available today in markets coin base xapo world digital currency in now save enough to keep in online hardware wallets .

I wouldn't recommend Xapo since they've got shitty service around aswell with coinbase they are so suck and cannot shoulder you off when you've got trouble regarding to balance dissappearance and solving some errors. But I could recommend to used electrum and multibit so far never encountered such deep problem regarding to their service.
Always 2fa can be also help to secure your wallet.. and i think xapo and coinbase are legit wallet online but we are just always having many issue about their service that is why other people are always looking for a way to secured their wallet to safety of their funds..
Since i already experience of many issue about coinbase and Xapo i transfer almost all my funds in electrum because its more safe that the other wallet..
all online wallets provide the best service to its users including in terms of security so depending on how we make our wallet safe and private. coinbase and xapo have many issues with their services and electrum is superior but so far i have no problem using coinbase.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:49:24 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 12:59:54 PM by Script3d

as far as i know the most security wallet is the ones who have 2fa like blockchain , coinbase . offline wallets can be safe too if installed correctly
ouassim91

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:11:40 PM

easy
hardwar wallet :

nano s
trezor
nagobinga

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:22:39 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 06:20:02 PM by nagobinga

The only way Bitcoin theft can be done is to provide more security to the Bitcoin Wallet without any interruption.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:19:20 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 04:28:22 AM by andrei56

If you spend everyday and use your wallet everyday then there is no need for secrets and nuances, an Electrum wallet should do great considering your PC is safe from any kind of malware. If you want to have a wallet for a longer time I think you can use Electrum in an old laptop to create a watch only wallet and keep it as cold storage.
But having a clean computer is a big if, if you are not using a Linux distribution and instead you are using windows, with windows you are one download away from being completely robbed of your coins, so if you are hoping to use a desktop wallet use Linux please.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:59:22 PM

as far as i know the most security wallet is the ones who have 2fa like blockchain , coinbase . offline wallets can be safe too if installed correctly
2fa is very useful to secure your wallet because you can choose authentication like sms verify so even though hackers know your wallet password they will not be able to open it because they do not have your phone number where you have to login with verify on phone. I use this authentication in my wallet
CODE200

Activity: 1456
Merit: 309

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:36:01 AM

Securing your wallet means not using a web wallet or any online wallet. Because the safe wallet is the one that you can save on your own and that is cold storage or paper wallet or bitcoin wallet with private key because in that case you are the only one who can access your wallet and it is safe with the hackers attack.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:53:33 PM

Yes we can maintain secure our wallet. we can provide password to my vaults. nothing is problem no one can hack our valut.  we have diffrent wallets to secure our bitcoins use one of them.  Dont tell to your bitcoin address thats enough security for our bitcoin.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 02:05:34 PM

Keeping Bitcoins securely is very important, while considering security measures about safe and Secure environment for wallet, user must have to take appropriate actions.

Already there are many third party Bitcoin Wallet service provider, but very few of them offer total control over your Bitcoin wallet. Blockchain.info is one of the best third party bitcoin wallet service provider.

Bitcoin address without having private keys cannot give control over your wallet. Better to have private keys of addresses which addresses used to receive payments in Bitcoin.
cryt3k

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:35:12 PM

Securing bitcoin wallet is essential for everyone. Please keep your bitcoin software up to date and careful with the online transactions. Please maintain backup for your wallets from unwanted attacks. Maintain secrecy about your bitcoin wallet address and private key.
MetalGear

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:03:21 PM

In securing your wallet use the coins.ph .Coins ph is a legit way of securibg your bitcoin.Because coins.ph is already tested and many people are using coins.ph.And with this your money is not stagnant instead it will grow bigger.
Lithiutium

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:43:28 PM

Not using anything special or unique, just the plain ol' guide to avoid yourself getting hacked, Not downloading anything suspicious (including altcoins wallets that appear shady in ANY way), Having a good antivirus running 24/7 and scanning everything I download in virustotal complete scanning.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:46:25 PM

There are a few things anyone can do in order to avoid getting hacked. Do not use third party web online wallets but rather use desktop wallets which lets you total control over your private keys. Keep your PC secure with one of the best security suites , only antivirus is not enough nowadays because of malware becoming more and more complex. Do not click suspicious links in emails or website.

If you are too lazy to do all this, buy a hardware wallet then.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:57:32 PM

yes, securing wallet is very important. I have three bitcoin wallets, all my wallets are secure and safe.
Multiplying your wallet will also minimize the risk, it would be better also if every password of the wallet is different and also given authentication for every wallet. Then your wallet will be very safe and will not be crushed by anyone. I also did that and I have never been hacked
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: