Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 05:23:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: whats up with 2000% rise in ripples?  (Read 1293 times)
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 07:07:35 PM

I don't know but in the past week ripple outperformed BTC/LTC/ all Alts by far. Whats going on? any reason for the rise? is this the time to get on the XRP train?

Ripple is a MASSIVE scam. A group of members here are 'driving' prices by trading with each other. It's not even a 'coin' it's just a scammy startup trying to profit off the Crypto Coin trend. I wouldn't touch Ripple with a 20 foot pole!

Sorry but they are funded my Marc Andreessen (Uh you know who he is right?!?), I think I will take his team's due diligence over what some internet trolls say...

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:30:33 PM

XRPs have done something similar in the recent past. XRP was once at 10,000 XRPs per 1 btc and then dropped to 140,000 XRPs per 1 btc. Now, it breached the resistance at 10,000 XRPs and no one knows how high it can go. It has been at about 7000-8000 XRPs per 1 btc for a surprising time, this suggest it can still go up some more. But once it starts dropping, it will drop back to 20,000 XRPs very fast. And probably won't stop there. At 7000 per btc the 100 billion XRPs have a value of 14,285,714 btcs. That is more than the current number of bitcoins. Therefore, the Ripple system now has more value than all Bitcoins together. True, many of the XRPs are in the deep pockets of the developers of Ripple (they told they will give away half of them, but what I see is they reducing the amount of the give away several times) and not in circulation, but they exist and must be taken in account. This suggest that XRPs are in a big bubble that will burst like all of them do.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 08:35:00 PM

XRPs have done something similar in the recent past. XRP was once at 10,000 XRPs per 1 btc and then dropped to 140,000 XRPs per 1 btc. Now, it breached the resistance at 10,000 XRPs and no one knows how high it can go. It has been at about 7000-8000 XRPs per 1 btc for a surprising time, this suggest it can still go up some more. But once it starts dropping, it will drop back to 20,000 XRPs very fast. And probably won't stop there. At 7000 per btc the 100 billion XRPs have a value of 14,285,714 btcs. That is more than the current number of bitcoins. Therefore, the Ripple system now has more value than all Bitcoins together. True, many of the XRPs are in the deep pockets of the developers of Ripple (they told they will give away half of them, but what I see is they reducing the amount of the give away several times) and not in circulation, but they exist and must be taken in account. This suggest that XRPs are in a big bubble that will burst like all of them do.

I agree with the caveat being that all that opencoin needs to do is sign a few partnerships to use the network for int'l remittances. Or if they could do a deal like what bitinstant has with walmart and 711 then I think we would see the value increase again.

Given that their growth is more "managed" growth, being an actual company, it is entirely possible that XRP could break parity with BTC which I think is something like 1 btc to 1189 XRP.  Again this is assuming that they manage their business development and partnerships fruitfully.
Fantina

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:20:56 AM

rip will definitely grow a lot of positive news Western Union and UAE stock exchanges and so on so only up
mvplol

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:49:36 AM

Ripple right now seems a gverment idea. It's not opensource and it's not annonimous...

My god. The thought that you're investing with real money is scary!
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 11:22:03 AM

Ripple right now seems a gverment idea. It's not opensource and it's not annonimous...

This is why I personally hate ripple and most of what it stands for.

However, people see that as a reason to make a quick profit. Can't blame them but I still think it goes against cryptocurrency ideologies in general.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: