Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Craig Wright Threatens Bitcoin Community in Surprise Conference Speech  (Read 2588 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:09:41 PM

https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/why-every-bitcoin-user-should-understand-spv-security-520d1d45e0b9

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 09:50:52 PM

Fantastic. He will step up and stop poison segwit and Core from destroying bitcoin. This is great news for bitcoin all around. Very bullish news. Satoshis vision will not be stopped!

Ver bullish.  Grin

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:39:08 PM

Have you guys any idea what will happen to all the coins if he has the patent?

He wants to prove himself to be Satoshi but can't even move a single coin from satoshi's wallet. He isn't destroying the crypto but wants to buy cheap coins that's why he trolls around.
That's man is Satoshi? Right? He want to control bitcoin , in the past he want to make bitcoin bank but he failed, now through Nchain what can he do?Can he control decentralized community? Even the US government can't do.  This is anonymous world I think by Nchain he want to claim all the crypto developers into his copy right then everyone who want to develop cryptos should pay for him . That another way to control the cryptocummunity.

"It looks like he is trying to patent the fundamental building blocks of any Blockchain, cryptocurrency, or distributed ledger system," said Antony Lewis, a Bitcoin consultant used by Reuters to review the filing documentation.

The time-consuming process of obtaining a patent can take several years, but could pay off for Wright in the long run, given the banking industry’s appetite for all things Blockchain-related.

source : https://cointelegraph.com/news/discredited-craig-wright-working-on-building-a-bitcoin-blockchain-empire
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:42:19 PM

Looks like the only possible outcome of current bitcoin scaling drama is block split with different scaling/upgrade solution since CW force his ideas with threat.
I won't talk which group is wrong/evil, but i totally disagree that Small Nodes to ‘Fuck Off’.

Who here would devote themselves to that chain? It would be put together by pretty much every agitating prick who's ever gone anywhere near Bitcoin. I wouldn't trust any of them any further than I could defecate them. He's basically saying he wants it to be controlled by banks.

It would be fun to see them comprehensively ignored by anyone who they weren't paying in the event of a fork, but it would be a high price to pay for everyone.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 6395

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:48:40 AM

Does Wright really have the resources to really buy 20% of the hashrate? I thought he had financial and legal problems ...

I at least hope that he doesn't succeed and that the Segwit2x plan goes on smoothly. I've already wrote that his criticism on Segwit (because of a possible miner collusion to spend Anyone-Can-Spend-Coins) does not convince me.

Next we'll expose "sidechains" for what they really are.

Interested.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:59:32 AM

The core team is corrupt to the core. 

If only you had any evidence. Meanwhile the evidence for Ver/Wu/Wright being corrupt is pouring forth like Niagara Falls and yet you and a few others keep studiously ignoring it.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:33:19 AM

Does Wright really have the resources to really buy 20% of the hashrate? I thought he had financial and legal problems ...

He's been full of hot air all along. But if he's backed by Wu and Ver they can quietly or openly give him that 20%, whatever their strategy is. We shall see.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:25:16 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 12:41:22 PM by BillyBobZorton

http://bitsonline.com/craig-wright-threatens-bitcoin/

Backed by the Bitmain/Bitcoin Unlimited cartel, Wright appears to be going off the deep end. Note that all the bad actors appear to be joining together:

1. Wright's nChain, which is attempting to flood patent offices with a Johnny-come-lately barrage of crypto patents.
2. Jihan Wu of Bitmain, the monopolistic miner/manufacturer that gave us ASICBoost and Antbleed.
3. Roger Ver of Bitcoin.com and r/btc, Bitcoin Unlimited infamy.

The Powers That Be are mad because they tried to put Craig Wright as the leader of Bitcoin, but they didn't manage to fool the Core devs. Greg Maxwell and Luke caught Craig Wright lies and ridiculed his nonsense. Gavin got exposed as either an idiot or part of the Craig-Jihad-Ver camp. Their anti-small-node agenda to centralize bitcoin is very clear and they are losing the battle so they are on desperation mode.

You're either very very confused or pushing lies on purpose.

I knew it was you before reading your nickname. It's obvious what's going on, if you can't see it, you are either dumb or you are under Roger's paycheck.

Sorry, we are not buying. The anti-fullnode camp will never win. They are the biggest enemies of Bitcoin. No matter how much you don't like Blockstream, that's nothing compared to the anti-fullnode camp.

The "everyone needs a full node on a raspberry pie" lie you preach is working to push the agenda that's destroying bitcoin.

To the contrary: It's the big blockers that will kill bitcoin, by giving up the network to corporations that can be easily located and manipulated by governments and global attackers.

People that think giving the power of nodes to corporations is a good idea are either retards or have agendas that align with said corporations.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 12:29:36 PM

Backed by the Bitmain/Bitcoin Unlimited cartel, Wright appears to be going off the deep end. Note that all the bad actors appear to be joining together:

1. Wright's nChain, which is attempting to flood patent offices with a Johnny-come-lately barrage of crypto patents.
2. Jihan Wu of Bitmain, the monopolistic miner/manufacturer that gave us ASICBoost and Antbleed.

The Powers That Be are mad because they tried to put Craig Wright as the leader of Bitcoin, but they didn't manage to fool the Core devs. Greg Maxwell and Luke caught Craig Wright lies and ridiculed his nonsense. Gavin got exposed as either an idiot or part of the Craig-Jihad-Ver camp. Their anti-small-node agenda to centralize bitcoin is very clear and they are losing the battle so they are on desperation mode.

I knew it was you before reading your nickname. It's obvious what's going on, if you can't see it, you are either dumb or you are under Roger's paycheck.

Sorry, we are not buying. The anti-fullnode camp will never win. They are the biggest enemies of Bitcoin. No matter how much you don't like Blockstream, that's nothing compared to the anti-fullnode camp.

The "everyone needs a full node on a raspberry pie" lie you preach is working to push the agenda that's destroying bitcoin.

To the contrary: It's the big blockers that will kill bitcoin, by giving up the network to corporations that can be easily located and manipulated by governments and global attackers.

People that think giving the power of nodes to corporations are either retards or have agendas that align with said corporations.

Why just corporations? Why not all strong individuals that have wealth ( in bitcoin ) and high interest to keep things up? How many do you estimate are all these on the planet?

Think big or loose that game.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:39:26 PM

This guy is a real pain in the... And then he claims to be satoshi. I can't believe why are bitmain and all supporting him, instead he should be left out in the cold. Won't the community yet wake up and see what kind of a mess he is and why it's best that we take a stand against him before it's to late. It is about time the Knights of Bitcoin rise up before it's to late. I have never liked him and he keeps doing things which makes me further dislike him.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:43:20 PM

People that think giving the power of nodes to corporations are either retards or have agendas that align with said corporations.

Why just corporations? Why not all strong individuals that have wealth ( in bitcoin ) and high interest to keep things up? How many do you estimate are all these on the planet?

Individuals with big wealth in bitcoin like Roger Ver? oh, I see his clear interest in keeping bitcoin decentralized, except he wants to turn it into paypal 2.0:

https://coinjournal.net/roger-ver-paypal-acceptable-risk-bitcoin/

Roger Ver is an idiot, having a lot of wealth means nothing. We need to keep the nodes in the hands of the people to keep the network decentralized and safe, period.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 12:46:35 PM

Individuals with big wealth in bitcoin like Roger Ver? oh, I see his clear interest in keeping bitcoin decentralized, except he wants to turn it into paypal 2.0:

https://coinjournal.net/roger-ver-paypal-acceptable-risk-bitcoin/

Roger Ver is an idiot, having a lot of wealth means nothing. We need to keep the nodes in the hands of the people to keep the network decentralized and safe, period.

If you only can think of a central person, you might decentralize your thinking,too. The internet is your friend...

qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 12:49:26 PM

I am very confused now so what will all this mean for Bitcoin in August? Will there be a hardfork with a new 2nd Bitcoin chain or are they trying to stop that from happening? I would like to be enlightened as to what exactly they want to do and what this will accomplish in the end?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:53:38 PM

We need to keep the nodes in the hands of the people to keep the network decentralized and safe, period.

A non-mining node doesn't decentralise the network, it only benefits you, by allowing you to confirm that you have received payment. Regular users, spending bitcoin have no need to run a full node 24/7.

If you've got a high enough value transaction coming in from someone you don't trust, you can spin one up and verify the chain yourself.

Running a full node is all about what its worth is to you. It has no bearing on the security of the network for anyone else. That comes from decentralised *mining*.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:56:42 PM

I am very confused now so what will all this mean for Bitcoin in August? Will there be a hardfork with a new 2nd Bitcoin chain or are they trying to stop that from happening? I would like to be enlightened as to what exactly they want to do and what this will accomplish in the end?

There may or may not be a fork. It's likely that if there is a fork it will soon become apparent which one is worth more, because the rational economic behaviour is to go with the majority, so as one increases in value others will follow. If you have coins before, you'll have coins on both chains afterwards. There is nothing to worry about. Nakamoto consensus works. Those that are afraid just don't understand it, and argue for something else because they don't think it does.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:10:29 PM

I am more confuse than you, well if he would show himself in some conference regarding what will gonna happen on August 1 I think Craig Wright wants to stop it, and because of the risk involve in what is Segwit's gonna do with bitcoin but I never understand if wright is the real Satoshi because there are a lot out there claiming to be him and even if his proof are legit what is the reason behind of showing now in the public? Well my Answer would be, to stop what is about to happen in bitcoin the control over it and I think this is what the real Satoshi would want to do, but the question would be is he the real and legit one!
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 01:12:45 PM

We need to keep the nodes in the hands of the people to keep the network decentralized and safe, period.

A non-mining node doesn't decentralise the network, it only benefits you, by allowing you to confirm that you have received payment. Regular users, spending bitcoin have no need to run a full node 24/7.

If you've got a high enough value transaction coming in from someone you don't trust, you can spin one up and verify the chain yourself.

Running a full node is all about what its worth is to you. It has no bearing on the security of the network for anyone else. That comes from decentralised *mining*.

Here is your friend.

Translate to me and others:

If you are a small hodler, dont buy a PI, rather bitcoin.

If you are a small merchant, run a SPV ( on a PI )

If you are bigger merchant with lots of flow and want to ensure get paid, run a 20k$ Full node ,if we have 10-20k of those , we ve done it! They wont ever collude across the world.

Miners should also do that.

mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2442

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 01:23:46 PM

He is being funded by Bitmain just like Roger Ver.

Talks absolutely nonsense, obviously trolling, toxic to the community but has the support of the biggest mining company. Bitmain supports every retarded piece of shit there is who's against bitcoin. I think we should do something about it and end this crap once and for all.

Every miner you buy from Bitmain is helping those fucktards.

Bitmain needs to go.

I am more confuse than you, well if he would show himself in some conference regarding what will gonna happen on August 1 I think Craig Wright wants to stop it, and because of the risk involve in what is Segwit's gonna do with bitcoin but I never understand if wright is the real Satoshi because there are a lot out there claiming to be him and even if his proof are legit what is the reason behind of showing now in the public? Well my Answer would be, to stop what is about to happen in bitcoin the control over it and I think this is what the real Satoshi would want to do, but the question would be is he the real and legit one!

There is nothing legit about his proofs. Can't you tell that just by looking at his face? He is just another clown. I can claim myself to be satoshi but nobody will care or talk about it (because it is ridiculous) but when this clown does the same it is all over on the news. It is because they (his sponsors, bitmain/bitcoin.com) are spending money heavily on the news blogs/websites.

He is nothing, he is nobody. Just a clown.

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:26:20 PM

Craig Wright, Jihan Wu, Roger Ver have come full circle! They are now known as the Three Stooges of Bitcoin.

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 01:29:15 PM

He is being funded by Bitmain just like Roger Ver.

Talks absolutely nonsense, obviously trolling, toxic to the community but has the support of the biggest mining company. Bitmain supports every retarded piece of shit there is who's against bitcoin. I think we should do something about it and end this crap once and for all.

Every miner you buy from Bitmain is helping those fucktards.

Bitmain needs to go.

There is nothing legit about his proofs. Can't you tell that just by looking at his face? He is just another clown. I can claim myself to be satoshi but nobody will care or talk about it (because it is ridiculous) but when this clown does the same it is all over on the news. It is because they (his sponsors, bitmain/bitcoin.com) are spending money heavily on the news blogs/websites.

He is nothing, he is nobody. Just a clown.

... And if he is right, than your USAf node pool has 0,3 % of the relevant network connections and no meaning at all...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: