Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:45:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to send a fake bitcoin transaction ?  (Read 1864 times)
asanasuoooos (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:49:42 AM

Is ther anyway to send a fake bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John.D.Hill

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:30:53 AM

(I will be prefacing my post's on here with the following disclaimer until I am more knowledgeable in the realm of cryptocurrency and it's underlying technology, I am new and I do not claim to be a expert)

Theoretically, it should not be possible to send a fake bitcoin nor to add an improper/falsified transaction to the blockchain ledger.

from my understanding the way it works is like this,

>>> You have a crypto coin, for the sake of explanation we shall call this coin a "AsanaCoin"
>>> "AsanaCoin" run's a certain cryptography which add's the security factor to the crypto coin
>>> "AsanaCoin" does an ICO (Initial Coin Offering) which is very similar to an IPO (Initial Public Offering) of a stock
>>> "AsanaCoin" will require a network of computers which is utilized to do several important things
* This "AsanaCoin" network aid's in decentralization of the coin, no one node controls the network which in return removes control of the coin from any one node
* 2nd, this "AsanaCoin" network aid's in the formation of a ledger which keeps track of everything related to the coin itself (it's number of coin in circulation, it's market share, it's transactions)
* 3rd, this "AsanaCoin" network allows for the proper growth/amending of the blockchain which in essence verifies all transactions

now, to give a better example. let's say You and Me would like to do a transaction in which "AsanaCoin" is being transacted between you and myself.
1st = I put in a buy order, let's say I want to buy 100 "AsanaCoin" at $1.00 USD per coin
2nd = You see this order placed on the exchange so you want to make the sell, therefore you place a fill order of 100 "AsanaCoin" at $1.00 USD per coin.
3rd = The order is filled, and the "AsanaCoin" transfers from your wallet to my wallet

within those 3 steps, the first 2 are only tracked by the exchange site. while the 3rd step is added to the blockchain's ledger which is propagated throughout the entire "AsanaCoin" network and becomes permanent history of the coin itself. the blockchain + cryptography + ledger = immutable chain of data.

So no, by theory and by design it is suppose to be very very difficult to manipulate a coin's DNA(Blockchain, Cryptography and Ledger) to send counterfeit coins. but just as with anything else dealing with technology, it can be cracked and broken into but it hasn't been demonstrated yet, and if it has it has been kept quite.

I hope this helps your understanding. and if anyone else who has more knowledge than me can see somewhere where I was incorrect in my explanation please feel free to make the correction as so me and asanasuoooos can learn.

vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:44:27 AM

What is a fake bitcoin?   People send altcoins all the time, so the immediate answer is yes   Wink

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:11:10 AM

first thing you need to know is that there is no "coin" or bitcoin to send or spend. what you spend are transaction outputs.

these transaction outputs are what makes the block and they are stored on the blockchain. and blockchain is what all the running nodes store and it can not be changed.

sending fake bitcoin means spending a fake transaction that doesn't exist. so if you spend something you don't own the first node that sees your transaction will reject it as invalid and simply put an end to what you were trying to do.

Only Bitcoin
Watanabe1505

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:02:33 PM

Your idea doesn't come true because Bitcoin network operate based on blockchain which produce valid blocks consist of transaction in it. Every transaction is defined by hash number it called TX ID and blockchain also create a copy including output and input wallet. Once a wallet is generated that mean it run inside network so you cannot fake any transaction.
Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 07:07:30 PM

Like the responses above have said, there is no such thing as sending fake bitcoin. However, there is a process called double-spending that is similar.

Double-spending is when one successfully spends money more than once. Bitcoin verifies each transaction added to the blockchain to make sure that the transaction has not already been spent. However, double-spending can happen, which is why most merchants that accept bitcoin payments wait for a few confirmations before you can use your bitcoins on their site.

If you want to learn more about double spending, there is an article here that explains it.
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 09:18:30 PM by Bitfort

Are you serious?
First you made post you offering to provide loan and few days later asking how to fake transaction?
I can clearly say you are a scammer ... very dumb one.

And no, there is no way.

EDIT. Yea, I know about double spends. Just didn't wanted him to know about.
But it's already mentined above so I admit it was pointless.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:05:25 PM

Are you serious?
First you made post you offering to provide loan and few days later asking how to fake transaction?
I can clearly say you are a scammer ... very dumb one.

And no, there is no way.
actually there is. Send a transaction and double spent it and the transaction will be made but the amount or the BTC will return to the senders wallet. It isn't fake because the transaction will be written on blockchain but the money will not be sent thus making it a fraud transaction or like cancelling it. That is one reason why most services and even some people rewuire atleast one confirmation on a btc transaction to validate the transaction is legit and can not be cancelled.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:33:06 PM

Acting on transactions in the mempool is a bit foolish.   Only when it is on the blockchain does it matter.   Faking transactions on the blockchain is not possible at this time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: