Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:08:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Fix] YaCoin wallet Will not mine after shutting down/encrypting  (Read 1184 times)
mullick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:11:43 AM

Okay so last night a few hours after release I got to about 1000 Yac and decided to encrypt my wallet. Upon restart the client just would not mine. I restarted checked everything nothing changed. Here is what I did.. I just created a new user account on my pc called Mining. Closed out of my wallet on my main account and signed on to the new one. I then copyed the yacoin folder onto the new desktop and started it up. It created a new wallet and I let it sync, closed it down and used the exact same .bat from my other account. Fired up perfectly. I got to about 600 Yac on this wallet and encrpted it. Same thing. Created a new user account and wallet and im good to go again. Obviously not a fix but more of a workaround. At least my other 2 are encrypted.

Hope this helps!

My third yacoin wallet lol Y2hXXoN6kPjFuc3QukEW9fT2NSpUpG819i
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 03:31:01 AM

Okay so last night a few hours after release I got to about 1000 Yac and decided to encrypt my wallet. Upon restart the client just would not mine. I restarted checked everything nothing changed. Here is what I did.. I just created a new user account on my pc called Mining. Closed out of my wallet on my main account and signed on to the new one. I then copyed the yacoin folder onto the new desktop and started it up. It created a new wallet and I let it sync, closed it down and used the exact same .bat from my other account. Fired up perfectly. I got to about 600 Yac on this wallet and encrpted it. Same thing. Created a new user account and wallet and im good to go again. Obviously not a fix but more of a workaround. At least my other 2 are encrypted.

Hope this helps!

YAC is a PPC fork. PPC requires that encrypted wallet to be unlocked for minting (including proof-of-work mining). So you either don't encrypt the wallet, or unlock it. It seems that yacoind build is not supplied on windows for the public so unlocking wallet is a bit tricky, so your best bet is don't encrypt the wallet.
mullick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:36:45 AM

Okay so last night a few hours after release I got to about 1000 Yac and decided to encrypt my wallet. Upon restart the client just would not mine. I restarted checked everything nothing changed. Here is what I did.. I just created a new user account on my pc called Mining. Closed out of my wallet on my main account and signed on to the new one. I then copied the yacoin folder onto the new desktop and started it up. It created a new wallet and I let it sync, closed it down and used the exact same .bat from my other account. Fired up perfectly. I got to about 600 Yac on this wallet and encrypted it. Same thing. Created a new user account and wallet and im good to go again. Obviously not a fix but more of a workaround. At least my other 2 are encrypted.

Hope this helps!

YAC is a PPC fork. PPC requires that encrypted wallet to be unlocked for minting (including proof-of-work mining). So you either don't encrypt the wallet, or unlock it. It seems that yacoind built is not supplied on windows for the public so unlocking wallet is a bit tricky, so your best bet is don't encrypt the wallet.

Thank you very much. Kinda a newbie so really appreciate the help. Good to see some senior members still like to help the new guys Smiley  I have never mined with the client before. Just used .conf and cg/cpuminer. I won't encrypt wallet # 3 then. Even though it is getting few and far between not even a stale in a few hours. I guess I wont be greedy and start to try to help promote the coin now. How long do you see cpu only mining lasting? Is it going to be as simple as a few changes to cgminer/reaper?
KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:40:21 AM

Hope this helps!

YAC is a PPC fork. PPC requires that encrypted wallet to be unlocked for minting (including proof-of-work mining). So you either don't encrypt the wallet, or unlock it. It seems that yacoind build is not supplied on windows for the public so unlocking wallet is a bit tricky, so your best bet is don't encrypt the wallet.

Awesome! thanks sunny king!
svennand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:11:50 PM

Do encrypting wallet also cause a problem when using external miners like minerd.
Havent found anything today after encrypting wallet, but that might just be because of rise in diff...

hmm.....

edit:
just got this: accepted 0/1 (0,00%) 103.29 kash/s (boooo) on my main rig.

Guess it might be an orphant, buuuut it doesnt show when using gettransaction in yacoin-qt
mullick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:11:09 PM

yes you have to have your wallet "open" to mine yacoin. Otherwise it when the coin thr to enter your wallet they get orphaned
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: