Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:53:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Fix] YaCoin wallet Will not mine after shutting down/encrypting  (Read 1184 times)
mullick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 02:11:43 AM

Okay so last night a few hours after release I got to about 1000 Yac and decided to encrypt my wallet. Upon restart the client just would not mine. I restarted checked everything nothing changed. Here is what I did.. I just created a new user account on my pc called Mining. Closed out of my wallet on my main account and signed on to the new one. I then copyed the yacoin folder onto the new desktop and started it up. It created a new wallet and I let it sync, closed it down and used the exact same .bat from my other account. Fired up perfectly. I got to about 600 Yac on this wallet and encrpted it. Same thing. Created a new user account and wallet and im good to go again. Obviously not a fix but more of a workaround. At least my other 2 are encrypted.

Hope this helps!

My third yacoin wallet lol Y2hXXoN6kPjFuc3QukEW9fT2NSpUpG819i

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 03:31:01 AM

Okay so last night a few hours after release I got to about 1000 Yac and decided to encrypt my wallet. Upon restart the client just would not mine. I restarted checked everything nothing changed. Here is what I did.. I just created a new user account on my pc called Mining. Closed out of my wallet on my main account and signed on to the new one. I then copyed the yacoin folder onto the new desktop and started it up. It created a new wallet and I let it sync, closed it down and used the exact same .bat from my other account. Fired up perfectly. I got to about 600 Yac on this wallet and encrpted it. Same thing. Created a new user account and wallet and im good to go again. Obviously not a fix but more of a workaround. At least my other 2 are encrypted.

Hope this helps!

YAC is a PPC fork. PPC requires that encrypted wallet to be unlocked for minting (including proof-of-work mining). So you either don't encrypt the wallet, or unlock it. It seems that yacoind build is not supplied on windows for the public so unlocking wallet is a bit tricky, so your best bet is don't encrypt the wallet.
mullick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:36:45 AM

Okay so last night a few hours after release I got to about 1000 Yac and decided to encrypt my wallet. Upon restart the client just would not mine. I restarted checked everything nothing changed. Here is what I did.. I just created a new user account on my pc called Mining. Closed out of my wallet on my main account and signed on to the new one. I then copied the yacoin folder onto the new desktop and started it up. It created a new wallet and I let it sync, closed it down and used the exact same .bat from my other account. Fired up perfectly. I got to about 600 Yac on this wallet and encrypted it. Same thing. Created a new user account and wallet and im good to go again. Obviously not a fix but more of a workaround. At least my other 2 are encrypted.

Hope this helps!

YAC is a PPC fork. PPC requires that encrypted wallet to be unlocked for minting (including proof-of-work mining). So you either don't encrypt the wallet, or unlock it. It seems that yacoind built is not supplied on windows for the public so unlocking wallet is a bit tricky, so your best bet is don't encrypt the wallet.

Thank you very much. Kinda a newbie so really appreciate the help. Good to see some senior members still like to help the new guys Smiley  I have never mined with the client before. Just used .conf and cg/cpuminer. I won't encrypt wallet # 3 then. Even though it is getting few and far between not even a stale in a few hours. I guess I wont be greedy and start to try to help promote the coin now. How long do you see cpu only mining lasting? Is it going to be as simple as a few changes to cgminer/reaper?
KrLos

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:40:21 AM

Hope this helps!

YAC is a PPC fork. PPC requires that encrypted wallet to be unlocked for minting (including proof-of-work mining). So you either don't encrypt the wallet, or unlock it. It seems that yacoind build is not supplied on windows for the public so unlocking wallet is a bit tricky, so your best bet is don't encrypt the wallet.

Awesome! thanks sunny king!
svennand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:11:50 PM

Do encrypting wallet also cause a problem when using external miners like minerd.
Havent found anything today after encrypting wallet, but that might just be because of rise in diff...

hmm.....

edit:
just got this: accepted 0/1 (0,00%) 103.29 kash/s (boooo) on my main rig.

Guess it might be an orphant, buuuut it doesnt show when using gettransaction in yacoin-qt
mullick (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:11:09 PM

yes you have to have your wallet "open" to mine yacoin. Otherwise it when the coin thr to enter your wallet they get orphaned
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: