Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:54:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The market now is not real crypto.  (Read 3239 times)
Fatoshi (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:05:57 AM

Lets be clear the market of icos is mainly little bits of software built on ETH. Everything is being focused on what I see as a flawed platform.

You have to look past this short term fashion and at real projects with real innovations in blockchain tech not eth apps!

Xtrabytes is a real innovation but its invisible in a sea of eth apps that might get millions for the scammer ico makers but they will mostly crash to very little value in rhe coming year.

Forget eth apps for long term investing. You will get stung bad and the only winner will be the guys who took btc off you.
wenzuo

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:29:10 AM

Lets be clear the market of icos is mainly little bits of software built on ETH. Everything is being focused on what I see as a flawed platform.

You have to look past this short term fashion and at real projects with real innovations in blockchain tech not eth apps!

Xtrabytes is a real innovation but its invisible in a sea of eth apps that might get millions for the scammer ico makers but they will mostly crash to very little value in rhe coming year.

Forget eth apps for long term investing. You will get stung bad and the only winner will be the guys who took btc off you.
agree, too many icos are just coming to encircle money, and there are little who are focused on the program itsself, if the roadmap can't be excuted, they are just a paper or ppt

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:12:27 AM

This will be changed, projects like Stratis will put milestone for the future development and new ideas. Also people could turn again to classic coins, but i doubt we can easily find solution for coruptive behaiviour in Crypto. No metter how ICO is good for early start it will always stay type of investment with highest risk, this will be even worse over time.

You can rent this space
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:32:06 AM

In present, ICOs is a place for Ponzi project and HYIP, look like as new type Ponzi in 2017. The investor not need know this project is really or not, they just hear by some "leader" introduce this ICOs good, promising, can x2 x3 in short time ... and panic invest =)).
SNT is a example nearest, I not know the reason development purpose this project and roadmap not interesting with me, but this ICO can make the ethchain congestion and delay one day Sad
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1283

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 10:50:52 AM

Interesting points you make and I agree that there could be real gems
of innovation coins/currencies but I think there are also positive
blockchain technologies built on the ETH tokens, but yes these may also
be hidden in between the other thrash coins on the ETH tokens....

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yunuzov

Activity: 464

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:00:10 AM

I feel same with ethereum projects in general with exceptions like spectiv or xtrabytes.
Some projects feel empty. And I agree with other guy in post, your btcs are really precious.

BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:39:51 AM

people are only looking for money and the easier it is to earn that money the more interested they would be in joining in. and right now it seems like ICOs are the gambling game of the year. everyone is enjoying the bets they make on each of these ICOs and the developers of these are also enjoying all the free money for no work they are getting.

that is why there is not much of any innovation around. and everything is turning into copy paste.

i have to check out Xtrabytes to see what all the fuss is about since i have not gotten the chance to do it yet. but the fact that i keep seeing it advertised like this on this board does not look good at all.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:52:40 AM

If you look at all the recent crowd funds,everyone sold out pretty fast,people are willing to invest their money in it and they are willing to risk for the amount of profit they could earn and as long as this trend continues ,there is nothing wrong in making some money by being an investor.
Sapin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:55:52 AM

ICOs are actually very profitable, that is why there is so much, and I do not think that will stop anytime soon.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 775

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 11:59:21 AM

ICOs are actually very profitable, that is why there is so much, and I do not think that will stop anytime soon.
Not all profitable and there would really be still the risk on losing money or being scammed. They wont really stop since theres only two things that do exist on the market which is a legitimate project or just a complete show off into the public just to generate money for themselves. If you are not aware on this thing then chances of losing money will surely be experienced.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 12:04:36 PM

There are some good ICOS but also some scam ones. Unfortunately there will always be the black sheep who wish t spoil things for the general Public. I also believe that way too many speculators have entered the Crypto markets, all the old mlm and hyip, revshare, cycler people that used to try t earn money form the Internet look at Bitcoin and Altcoins as just another way t get fast money, they have zero interest in the technology that is driving this phenomenon. I think it is also this group of people that are causing the altcoin crashes we are seeing.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:24:43 PM

There have been several threads that criticise the ICOs and how they have been coming out to raise money but the issue here is that not all of them are very much successful while some have been oversubscribed at the same time but the issue is that people have the choice as to whether they want to put their money into it or not. This is the risk that they know of before venturing into it and when they reap the benefit of their decision, they would be glad they did when the ICO came out and would equally regret if it didn't work out. The market is a perfect market where the buyer and the seller are expected to have a perfect understanding of how the market works.
cenqiaougubz085

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:00:28 PM

you are so pessimistic, cryptocurrency is a trend that will change all walks of life, though the price pumps recntly, it will still rise in a long term.
Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:03:10 PM

Cryptocurrencies will do well, but this ICO token fad isn't going anywhere. Especially not when the first start being taken down for securities scheme fraud.

This is the risk that they know of before venturing into it and when they reap the benefit of their decision, they would be glad they did when the ICO came out and would equally regret if it didn't work out. The market is a perfect market where the buyer and the seller are expected to have a perfect understanding of how the market works.

Securities, whether they're fiat or exist on a blockchain, have to comply to regulation. And for good reason. They need to offer far more transparency to investors than the current ICO's are doing. They're dodging the law and they're fleecing naive amateurs who are not familiar with how securities work. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securities_fraud 

This isn't 'free market', this is scamming.   

I'm glad that several State Securities Regulators are already on this. These ICO's are giving crypto a terrible name and the faster they start complying to the checks and balances in place to PROTECT these investors the better. 
Fatoshi (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 01:24:16 PM

To be clear im not against ICOs and i'm not against new innovative projects. But what im saying is most of these ICOs are not a new blockchain or currency. They are simply a token wrapped up in an ETH app that might get used. Even though they are overpriced I don't begrudge projects that have true blockchin innovation like IOTA or Stratis amd yessss I am a shill for Xtrabytes. But my point is a real project good or bad isn't the issue the issue is ICO's are selling fucking apps for millions!!!
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:11:38 PM

Not all profitable and there would really be still the risk on losing money or being scammed. They wont really stop since theres only two things that do exist on the market which is a legitimate project or just a complete show off into the public just to generate money for themselves. If you are not aware on this thing then chances of losing money will surely be experienced.
True, therefore we must be more intelligent and selective in reviewing an ICO.
Risks that arise can be minimized and prevent if we can work together to overcome the negative things that arise from some of the ICO is harmful.
Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1024

Bitcointalk Username: Ayers Bsc Wallet Address: 0x

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:35:50 PM

not all of them are profitable, because some of them are entering the exchange with a lower price than the ico price, because new investors don't buy at ico price, but buy at lower price, and this make the ico investors, losing profit, it's a gamble everytime

Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:45:11 PM

I don't get why this stuff is in Altcoin Discussion, nor in any discussion related to cryptocurrencies.  They are not cryptocurrencies, they are tokens which are built on the Ethereum blockchain.

What people neglect to mention is that if Ethereum goes to shit, so do all of those tokens built on it.  And when people talk about Bitcoin maximalism, they also neglect to mention that Ethereum is therefore built to be the ultimate kind of maximalism.
Decentradical

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 02:45:21 PM

Even when they sell below ICO price, the developers make money. Most ICO's actually drop right below ICO value the moment they hit an exchange. Usually because developers instantly sell a part of it or because traders expect them to.  

What you mean is that ICO speculation isn't always profitable, which is true. It's an insane risk. If you really want an ICO coin you're usually better off waiting until the ICO passes and then pick the coins up for cheap on the exchange. Even then of course, you risk buying a coin that the developers have already completely bailed on.  

They are not cryptocurrencies, they are tokens which are built on the Ethereum blockchain.

Of course they're cryptocurrencies. And tokens aren't exclusive to Ethereum either even though the majority are indeed now based on Ethereum blockchain. 
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:01:19 PM

That's why everyone should aware of every investment they've made or planning to invest on ICOs.
There will be always risk in cryptocurrencies investment but some people could make profits through ICO investment.
In the end, people will convert their altcoins for bitcoin as the most trusted digital currency, it just matter of time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: