Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:03:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The market now is not real crypto.  (Read 3239 times)
nicolas1979

Activity: 826
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:21:21 PM

Lets be clear the market of icos is mainly little bits of software built on ETH. Everything is being focused on what I see as a flawed platform.

You have to look past this short term fashion and at real projects with real innovations in blockchain tech not eth apps!

Xtrabytes is a real innovation but its invisible in a sea of eth apps that might get millions for the scammer ico makers but they will mostly crash to very little value in rhe coming year.

Forget eth apps for long term investing. You will get stung bad and the only winner will be the guys who took btc off you.

I leave ETH because the price action is too high for buy area, maybe until next year, I'll not buy it. Many coins show up make's trade so difficult, too many choices make me scare. Only time will tell us which one becomes the last stand coin. Just never forget using stop loss for safe investment. Good luck.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Decentradical

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:21:52 PM

These ICO's wouldn't stand a chance in conventional venture financing.

A cute website with a buzzwords filled whitepaper (if you're lucky) without any coherent business model let alone a balance sheet? Tokens like Dentacoin and Primalbase would get laughed in their faces if they tried real investment firms at best and get jail time at worst. 

They're relying on a lower point of access, less regulation and more internet fairy dust to lure in inexperienced people. It's just like Jordan Belmont starting to sell penny-stock to average people pretending they were highly rated companies.  

Token regulation has to happen and it has to happen fast. These things should be classed as any other securities scheme before this charade ends up creating so much blowback that it hurts the rest of crypto.
One Man Band

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:37:03 PM

The bigger ETH becomes, the less decentralized it becomes.
This is what Dan isn't telling anyone.
One Man Band

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:44:06 PM

A cute website with a buzzwords filled whitepaper (if you're lucky) without any coherent business model let alone a balance sheet? Tokens like Dentacoin and Primalbase would get laughed in their faces if they tried real investment firms at best and get jail time at worst. 

They're relying on a lower point of access, less regulation and more internet fairy dust to lure in inexperienced people. It's just like Jordan Belmont starting to sell penny-stock to average people pretending they were highly rated companies.  

Token regulation has to happen and it has to happen fast. These things should be classed as any other securities scheme before this charade ends up creating so much blowback that it hurts the rest of crypto.

Indeed and well said.

I suspect the real reason for people throwing their BTC/ETH at these projects is simply because so many people have done well with their BTC/ETH in recent months/years and are looking to spread some of those profits into other ventures.
jeepbrahhh

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:38:20 PM

Calls the ICO crazy scammy

Says to invest in XtraBytes

LMAO!!!!
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:48:52 PM

You are hypocrite, it is like pot calling kettle black, Xtrabytes is not better than all this Ethereum Dapps, having a good idea doesn't translate to success, ask Coca-cola, Apple, Samsung and co. We don't know which of these project that will survive but the few ones that will do will definitely be a big hit

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
wawaTwice

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:14:07 PM

you are so pessimistic, cryptocurrency is a trend that will change all walks of life, though the price pumps recently, it will still rise in a long term.

the price pumped too much it will go downwards for a few time I presume but of course over time it will skyrocket. But I have few main concerns:

- that we will be fucked by the banks that will implement blockchains (fortunately for us, big companies cannot change their iner way of work very quickly)
- that more and more ETH based shitty projects will pops up. It will add more and more coins. One for each project while I think we only need 10 cryptocurrencies or so or maybe we only need a platform that provides a SDK to develop blockchains for each used cases without being able to speculate of the coins used by these "side" blockchains.
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:45:36 PM

Lets be clear the market of icos is mainly little bits of software built on ETH. Everything is being focused on what I see as a flawed platform.

You have to look past this short term fashion and at real projects with real innovations in blockchain tech not eth apps!

Xtrabytes is a real innovation but its invisible in a sea of eth apps that might get millions for the scammer ico makers but they will mostly crash to very little value in rhe coming year.

Forget eth apps for long term investing. You will get stung bad and the only winner will be the guys who took btc off you.

There is no innovation left to make in terms of a currency we don't need a billion different currency type coins, it is the apps that take advantage of what blockchain tech can offer and the best chance to get this mainstream.

You have a point that eth is a flawed platform but app development will continue and will be the new thing driving the altmarket not yet another currency that does exactly what bitcoin can already for the most part do since day 1.
Decentradical

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:27:48 PM

There is no innovation left to make in terms of a currency.

Truly? The way ETH and BTC are currently performing can hardly be called perfect. PoW is a relic. It's like saying there's nothing to innovate about energy while still being completely dependent on (coal) miners. 
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 08:42:09 PM

Indeed and well said.

I suspect the real reason for people throwing their BTC/ETH at these projects is simply because so many people have done well with their BTC/ETH in recent months/years and are looking to spread some of those profits into other ventures.
The thing is that when they announce something new, it has not yet been half a day since they announced something else, the pace of growth is appalling.
talkingdreams

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:01:16 PM

Every one is trying to jump on the next big thing, that is why these hyped ICO's do so well.
Esphere.in

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 09:26:44 PM

The bigger ETH becomes, the less decentralized it becomes.
This is what Dan isn't telling anyone.
How can ETH become more decentralized when it grows,what is the theory behind it,i thought with increase in the number of users it will be a decentralized structure  Wink,it is true that we are seeing more tokens based on ETH and if the company releasing the token have a good business model then there is nothing to worry,if not it is just a waste of money.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:19:33 AM

He makes a solid point though.
Single point of failure and yet even more centralization.

Yo dawgs I heard you liked ICO coins so..
I put an ICO coin inside an ICO coin for ya Cheesy

Idiots LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 10:40:20 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2018, 12:04:20 PM by jpoker272727

Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 11:00:56 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 12:26:38 AM by Ucy

This forum makes me laugh alot something. Most of the "ICOs are scam" promoters are the ones with gaint ICO Signatures on their tails.  

Imagine screaming "Alcohol is Evil" on Whisky T-shirts. . Lol. !
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:32:06 AM

The noobs that flooded in think ICO's are legit.
They are so wired up in their own hype bullshit that they don't realize lots of coins were actually launched fairly.

A guy made a topic saying could a coin solve the scaling issues then he listed BTC and a long list of ICO coins.

It's almost like the NOOBS here don't know fairly launched coins even exist.

Reality:
If Bitcoin or Litecoin was launched as an ICO ? They would have failed miserably.
The community here back then would have laughed them off the internet.
Anyone who launched an ICO years ago would get flamed to death.

I seen every coin with a small premine get absolutely terrorized over it.
Now ?
No problem.. the bigger the scam the better these dipshit noobs think.

There is a reason why NOBODY wanted anything to do with Ethereum when it launched.
Now ?
Scam central.

This scene is a shithole.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Decentradical

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 02:48:00 PM

Exactly. It's this ICO circus that's poisoning the well for serious currencies.   

A token is a way to avoid investment regulation. But that won't hold up in court and soon we'll see these companies dropping like flies. And when this does happen, people will be losing their money, there will be a lot of drama for jounalism to pick upon and it will leave a very bitter taste in the mouth of what could be new adopters of cryptocurrency. 
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2017, 05:11:47 PM

I agreed. Some of the current Alts market are just pump and dump except for those that have strong team and support... those are really the real crypto that is worth to invest for a long time

Decentradical

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 05:21:11 PM

Pump and dumping is 'only' price manipulation. That's how conventional coin scams work. Usually not at the hands of the originators but at the hands of trader groups. 

Offering securities in the form of tokens is different. It's a bigger form of fraud than merely hyping a piece of currency. Token companies are offering their potential investors value, they make promises. This is why securities in the real world is highly regulated as it is incredibly sensitive to fraud. 

ICO tokens think they can skip that regulation by putting it on the blockchain. They think they don't have to comply with transparency laws and other forms of accountability. 

But they do.   

Most of these ICO's wouldn't survive an audit from any of the regulators. Governments are slow but eventually they'll catch wind of this and then the dominos will start falling fast.
riskthebiscuit

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 06:59:48 PM

To me it just seems like you gotta do your due diligence. Sometimes it may not work out, but if you are careful, read a lot, and see whats happening with the devs and community you should be just fine. Now this isnt to say there shouldn't be regulation because there should be. That would help the crypto scene immensely imho and would rid the scene of all these scams which would leave the good projects that are sincere and honest. This way they actually try to accomplish something rather than running away with your $$$.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: