Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:11:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Buy BTC?  (Read 8912 times)
lostoposum

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:19:01 PM

btc-e, bitstamp, mt gox, and lots more. 

Just google bitcoin exchange
buddrulez

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:38:26 PM

btc-e, bitstamp, mt gox, and lots more. 

Just google bitcoin exchange

T|oo many fees for my liking!
g0reDon

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:01:52 PM

For the past two weeks I've been using www.bitcoin.de, I've done 5 transactions and all have been fine.

just my words

i made 9 transactions in both directions [BTC ⇹ EUR]
if you buy BTCs you'll get a message with Infos where to transmit the Money (12hours to mark as "paid")(SEPA or Country-specific ways of payment possible, no PayPal, no third Party). when the BTC-seller marks the deal as "Money received" automatically the amount of BTCs will be transfered seller to buyer (atm of buying the System checks liquidity of both wallets)

everey "deal" was solved in Maximum 3 days of work (baddest possibility: friday deal, wednesday completed)

after every Transaction you have to give a Rating about your deal-Partner, and you can filter your asks/bids for a Minimum trust-Level which is needed to deal BTC with you.
(i got 9 x 5stars, so i'm almost at silver-level =D )

last but not least i have to mention, that i never heard about or even had myself any Problems to reach the Website. it was always online.

and shouldn't be undervalued: on my first "deal" i was too nervous and wrote to Support (they say they awnser in max 48h). i didnt even slept when i got an awnser (it was about middle Duration of a whole Transaction - they wrote 3 working days).... so even Support gets an "+1"

this all might Sound like Commercial for bitcoin.de, i totally understand you Smiley but i dont know anyone there, don't earn a Piece of anything, or something else.
it's just that i'm totally satisfied to know a (at least so felt) secure Portal to buy/sell BTC without a third Party earns any fees.

PS: you can't do "intraday-trading" or how ever you call it, cause you HAVE TO WAIT 2-3 days until all parts of the transactions are done. it is just the best way to cash out or buy in which i know.

good luck and happy trading =)  

edit: (added some tags)
UI: eng, spa, ger
trade: USD-BTC / EUR-BTC
chart: yes (4 different timeframes)
forum avaible

i hope i could help at least ONE person Smiley

edit²: sorry for some capital letters set wrong ... thats damn iE10 auto-korrection, still didn't got it to set it off.
bebopbob

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

dwolla -> campbx worked smoothly for me.  Still waiting to hear what's going to happen to some funds in bitfloor though...
cryptocoinhunter

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:11:04 PM

I've been mining and converting the coins earned to btc using exchanges like btc-e.com and bter.com.
g0reDon

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:12:33 PM

I've been mining and converting the coins earned to btc using exchanges like btc-e.com and bter.com.

i guess OP's question was how do you change it to fiat-currency of your country Smiley
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:17:05 PM

bitcoin.de is good, if you want to buy Bitcoins.
I've bought nearly all of my Coins there.
It can be a bit annoying to sell Bitcoins, because some buyers wait and don't pay when the BTC-price goes down (+take the bad rating).
You will not lose your Bitcoins, but you've missed the chance to sell them at the higher point before then.

Also the process takes some time, so it's not good for daytrading.
g0reDon

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:19:57 PM

It can be a bit annoying to sell Bitcoins, because some buyers wait and don't pay when the BTC-price goes down (+take the bad rating).
You will not lose your Bitcoins, but you've missed the chance to sell them at the higher point before then.

false

at the moment, when somebody awnsers a bid/ask, the amount of BTC/fiat-money in the wallet is locked.

so it doesnt matters what the chart does, the price at the time stamp of the deal is absolute fix.
Birdy

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:22:19 PM

false

at the moment, when somebody awnsers a bid/ask, the amount of BTC/fiat-money in the wallet is locked.

so it doesnt matters what the chart does, the price at the time stamp of the deal is absolute fix.
false, only BTCs are locked at bitcoin.de.
You get the bank data of the other trader to transfer money.

They want to change that though and try to get a bank to cooperate.
virp13

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:32:09 PM

metabank.ru fast and easy  Wink
g0reDon

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:46:09 PM

false

false, only BTCs are locked at bitcoin.de.
You get the bank data of the other trader to transfer money.

They want to change that though and try to get a bank to cooperate.

you are right, only BTCs are locked... how could they lock a cent anywhere else, you dont have to give any postal or financial adress of you at registration...
my fault, only the BTC seller gets the amount locked....
but no transaction will be without confirmations of both sides....
no matter, at least it's a absolute stable and secure portal for fiat exchanges
LIKE!
+1
however Grin
vegascoins

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:57:04 PM

I used LocalBitcoins.com
ringthefire

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:58:27 PM

I do face to face trades, meeting people in real life.

Do the same thing myself and have  done so for quite a few transactions.  I doubt this works out well for people in smaller cities and towns though.  I live in a large metropolitan area of 10,000,000 plus though.
AltCoinEscrow

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:03:43 PM

slush pool
aj123

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:25:28 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering how you buy bitcoins. What exchange/service do you use and why? I'm a newb and want to start buying some bitcoins and I'm leaning towards coinbase because of it's ease of payment, although I do not know how long it takes for bank transfers to complete. Gox is to centralized it seems, and getting money into Gox seems to be very hard, especially with Dwolla, which has many hoops on its own. I wish I could use a smaller exchange like Bitstamp, but I don't know how to easily deposit money there, and Bitinstant doesn't help much, I don't want to drive to do a cash deposit, and the fees are high. Thanks for your input Cheesy
-Jet

Who did you decide to go with and how did it work out?
specgamer

Activity: 252

I love bitcoins.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:44:27 PM

I personally use localbitcoins - Although some of the prices are very unfair for the buyers..  Still, it has many good traders, and I've done $5000 + worth of trades on ther.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:28:47 AM

cash --> localbitcoins

no 3rd parties, no paper trails, no nothing.

acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:37:08 AM

cash --> localbitcoins

This is the best method. A least likely chance to get scammed, and you can sometimes get more. Exchanges are somewhat risky depending on the amount of money you move.
HarryT1923

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:42:49 AM

cash --> localbitcoins

This is the best method. A least likely chance to get scammed, and you can sometimes get more. Exchanges are somewhat risky depending on the amount of money you move.

It's good when you are the advertiser with reputation, then you can charge a premium like 3,4,6% over exchange price. Worse when you are the newbie and getting charted 3,4,6% premium!
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 07:04:30 AM

I used BitStamp and btc-e to buy bitcoins (and other cryptos), I prefer the first one because of its security and trust.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: