Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:05:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do You Buy BTC?  (Read 8906 times)
silvercane

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

I use localbitcoins to buy bitcoin.
The price is slightly higher there, but I can get the bitcoin fast and without any verification.

Same here. They're slightly more expensive (around 10 percent more in my country) but when your goal is to buy small amounts of BTC and hodl them long term, the price difference isn't really going to make that much of a difference anyway 5 or 10 years from now. Heck, I've seen the BTC/USD price move more than that in the space of a single day.

You're right, in fact just today the price has gone over 5% down and 5% up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

exchanges, no other way tho
zwickl

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:12:59 PM

Used localbitcoins once, but it's pretty expensive (10-15% onto current market value).
bitcoin.de is my favorite now. Works with SEPA, low fees and most of the time <24h 'till I have the BTC.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
SelbyTsang

Activity: 577
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:20:15 PM

There are plenty of other ways. Local Bitcoins as some have said, IRC, trading and certain forum marketplaces, black markets and plenty of other ways.

Maybe he want to say he only uses exchanges and no other way to buy bitcoin himself?  Smiley

CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:52:04 PM

There are plenty of other ways. Local Bitcoins as some have said, IRC, trading and certain forum marketplaces, black markets and plenty of other ways.

Black markets? Do tell.

Localbitcoins is easiest -- I love cash/in-person but that will only get you so far if you really want to buy in/cash out a lot. I haven't heard too many complaints about wiring money to Bitstamp/Bitfinex, but BTCE I have heard of people running into delays/issues. However, BTCE is the superior trading platform of the three IMO.

Valiant Thor

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:10:53 PM

Try Coinbase.com
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:23:52 PM

I bought bitcoin in this forum currency exchange section.
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:30:19 PM

Try Coinbase.com

Pretty sure Coinbase is US only. For US residents, it's a good/easy way to get money from your bank account into BTC. But it's certainly not good for trading, and I don't particularly trust their pricing mechanisms.

Farmer17

Activity: 674

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

I haven't heard too many complaints about wiring money to Bitstamp/Bitfinex, but BTCE I have heard of people running into delays/issues.

But there are quite some complaints about the Bitstamp KYC. The following are some examples.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406908.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520928.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563071.0

Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:01:51 PM

i buy btc from btc-e and it a good exchange, never had any problems.
CEG5952

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:49:22 PM

i buy btc from btc-e and it a good exchange, never had any problems.

Do you send fiat there? I love BTCE as an exchange -- best trading platform and engine, IMO. But I have heard of people running into headaches wiring money there, not having it properly credited, and the situation being delayed by language issues from their customer service. I've never had issues, but I only send coins in and out.

HarryT1923

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:03:16 PM

i'm in the US, so i use Coinbase. direct ACH from my bank account, nice and easy. not for trading, though.
Gimmelfarb

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:20:30 PM

i'm in the US, so i use Coinbase. direct ACH from my bank account, nice and easy. not for trading, though.

same here, it's by far the easiest way to get $ into bitcoin. but since i also trade, i generally move my coins to Stamp, BTC-E and Bitfinex once i have them. cold storage too. i would never store my coins at coinbase.
brand

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 12:43:54 AM

I bought mine from localbitcoins.com
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:17:47 AM

Coinbase. when i get the itch to trade, i send coins to an exchange. Btce usually.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 05:48:18 AM

I have used Coinbase. My understanding is that Circle's new service is/will be similar. Is it live yet? Has anyone tried it? The more competition for exchanges and brokers, the better.

Can't say I've read too much positive things about them. I know many people dislike them because they look (and function) too similar to a bank. But if they allow users to buy BTC and withdraw them just like any other exchange, then I don't see the harm in using them.

In Australia I use CoinJar for buy and sell

Too bad they don't accept customers from NZ. The closest thing we've got here is bitNZ. I've never tried them but you have to submit ID and proof of address and their prices aren't that much lower than LocalBitcoins.com so I might as well just use them instead.
hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:02:37 AM

I have used Coinbase. My understanding is that Circle's new service is/will be similar. Is it live yet? Has anyone tried it? The more competition for exchanges and brokers, the better.

Can't say I've read too much positive things about them. I know many people dislike them because they look (and function) too similar to a bank. But if they allow users to buy BTC and withdraw them just like any other exchange, then I don't see the harm in using them.

they're like a broker. and i think they front run their customers. Roll Eyes
Lorenzo

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:17:23 AM

I posted that before I found this quote:

Upon withdrawal, bitcoins will be changed back into the local currency and transferred to a bank.

Well that's no good then. Sad
hollowframe

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:23:48 AM

Upon withdrawal, bitcoins will be changed back into the local currency and transferred to a bank.

no, that's just for selling/fiat withdrawal. you can send out your coins from coinbase...
Lorenzo

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 06:38:13 AM

no, that's just for selling/fiat withdrawal. you can send out your coins from coinbase...

Umm... I was talking about Circle, not Coinbase. Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: