Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:06:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] - A New design based on NVC PoW+PoS and incorporating the Mini-blockchain.  (Read 3633 times)
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:27:24 PM

It seems that someone can't understand the checkpointing idea, but posting too much. Roll Eyes NVC and PPC can work without checkpointing, there is absolutely no problem. It's just additional measure which can be removed in any time, anyone can build own client without this feature.
aaaxn

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:38:03 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 09:01:44 PM by aaaxn

It seems that someone can't understand the checkpointing idea, but posting too much. Roll Eyes NVC and PPC can work without checkpointing, there is absolutely no problem. It's just additional measure which can be removed in any time, anyone can build own client without this feature.
Someone could post coin design in one nice detailed documents to help those who are not so smart Roll Eyes Anyway great to hear that.

EDIT: I guess I'll read the source.

█
                              █████████                  ██████ 
                      ███████████████████████████   
              ███████████████████████████████   
            ████████████████████████████████   
        █████████████████████████████████     
    ████████████████████████████████████   
    ████████          █████████          █████████   
  ████████                ██████              ████████   
█████████                █████                ████████   
███████████                █                ███████████ 
██████████████                      ██████████████ 
█████████████████            ████████████████ 
███████████████                  ███████████████ 
█████████████                          █████████████ 
███████████              ███                ██████████ 
  ████████              ███████              ███████     
    █████████        █████████          ████████     
        ██████████████████████████████           
              ████████████████████████                 
                  ████████████████████                     
CorionX

Powered by,
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:55:19 PM

You are correct in this sentence. Smiley I'm working on it currently... Some things will be documented properly after 0.4.1 release.
aaaxn

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 09:03:44 PM

You are correct in this sentence. Smiley I'm working on it currently... Some things will be documented properly after 0.4.1 release.
Great. Reading source is hard, so I'll just wait for doc. Smiley
From what I grasped up to now it looks like most of ppcoin system problems comes from fact that sunny king stubbornly refused to include any work in stake generation. This allows costless double spend attempts, costless offline network simulation and makes working on competing chains free. Quick update to require work for PoS which is inversely proportional to accumulated coin age should do the trick. It would still lower energy consumption because there would be nothing to gain from continuous block generation(Miner gets more coins per energy consumed if he just wait until coin gets maximum age).

█
█████████████████            ████████████████ 
███████████████                  ███████████████ 
█████████████                          █████████████ 
███████████              ███                ██████████ 
  ████████              ███████              ███████     
    █████████        █████████          ████████     
        ██████████████████████████████           
              ████████████████████████                 
                  ████████████████████                     
CorionX

Powered by,
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 03:50:16 AM

3D BC? Like, multiple blocks being hashed at the same time?

no i think he meant like a Tree - then using Hamming code which is error correction bit data to ref back to the Block Tree ? , lets get him back to explain lol

but basically  the idea is if the hamming code matches then there is no need for the whole blockchain , but it needs to be looked at - ATM Bitfreaks! ideas seems to be more advanced.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
thesnoo23

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 04:33:48 AM

3D BC? Like, multiple blocks being hashed at the same time?

no i think he meant like a Tree - then using Hamming code which is error correction bit data to ref back to the Block Tree ? , lets get him back to explain lol

but basically  the idea is if the hamming code matches then there is no need for the whole blockchain , but it needs to be looked at - ATM Bitfreaks! ideas seems to be more advanced.

Darn. I was mildly interested when I thought it was some kind of blockchain braid Tongue
I was envisioning transaction speeds to rival credit cards
TruCoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 05:03:00 AM

I Am announcing the start of a new design based on the Blathazar's NVC core code with it's principals of PoW PoS

if you happen to be new here, the basics of NVC the terribly marketed, but essentially Coded beautifully / simplistically , in my opinion.

See here attempts at ASIC owners to destroy the idea i believe they found such a threat.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143221.0

+

And incorporating what now looks like a successful idea of  Bitfreak! "Mini-Blockchain"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195275.0

So looking for anyone that is competent with Code to come on board, I've been "talking" to Balthazar team and he seems open to the idea, but i have not told him about the principal of the mini block-chain.

Balthazar - see above for the mini block- chain idea (now i have told him)    

a couple of things -

This is MY design as far as - Logo - Name - etc. , if you want to design a "Royalcoin" or a "YetAnotherCoin" or a "MakeMultipleAccountsAndSpamCoin" -

feel free to pump and dump to your hearts content. just copy paste the code an off you go, i love free markets, and I'm free to have an idea and my idea is better so i/we will win.

I don't tell you how to Code, so don't come to me with the gall to say that you understand the first thing about economics. or humans. or how the world works.

if you do happen to know anything about that Great!, make some suggestions , but this is my design restricted to these parameters :

1. Logo
2. Name
3. Symbol name
4. symbol color

I will release all this later as it would be a liability to do that now.

So i'm here for Coders that want to be a part of a successful Crypto- currency one that will get the type of press outside the forum that will make "MakeAnotherAccountAlreadyCoin" look a bit silly.

FAQ

Q- "When will it be released ! i mean Royal coin is going to break though to the Exchanges ANY day now aaaany day!"  {panting , a little sweat, possibly crypt fever}

A- When i can get a competent coder to simply incorporate the two ideas - or if a competent designer does that at another location on another "coin" when i get a competent Coder to copy paste that design and we will use that.

Q- Why do you insist on making the Logo, name Design etc.

A- great question !, becasue I don't care about your opinion in most cases.  -  I have seen/witnessed the net "marketing Design " power of this forum. - the Logo and everything is already designed and it is Very recognizable .

Q- Why don't you release the Logo - Design etc.

A- Because someone will use it for a "spam" coin (its actually that good.) - and unlike "cut paste" code real ideas can/should only be used once.

any coders that want to Pm me no problems - i'm not keeping anything secret - we will all benefit from this design .

I will edit things as i think about them.

Oh why the mini-Block chain? i think that's pretty self evident,

Oh one other thing this Design NEEDS a Reserve amount to be mined and marked in a "special" way , now before you idiots start screaming "SCAM" we need this and i'm open for ideas here to be held publicly - its not just a "bounty" to spam exchanges with - it will be used as leverage in a very important way to get this design exposure, so that needs to be fleshed out ok.  

it will make more sense later when we get into the nitty gritty.

so i'm throwing it out to the free market , i'm quietly confident in my genius , so lets get to work, will our design be THE one, probably not? but it will be big, i can guarantee that.

Cheers.

I love your ideas.. Good job. will be watching this thread  Grin

bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:28:45 AM

digitalindustry, I appreciate this thread but I have some issues with the approach.

1) Focus on non-essential issues (logo, coin name, etc)
2) It's not really going to be called RoyalCoin is it?
3) Your self-assigned role as project leader

You're free to start your own project which includes my scheme but I cannot be a part of that project unless you stop trying to control every important aspect of the project. Every aspect of the coin needs to be up for debate at this point and before we even get into things like the name and logo there are much more important things to deal with.

What we need right now is a development thread, the focus should be on creating a project repository and implementing the new ideas to see how they work. After the core work is complete, we can see if it appears possible and beneficial to include something like PoS into the scheme. The goals at this stage should be:

1) Implementing mini-blockchain and proof chain
2) Implementing account tree database
3) Modify transaction system to work with new scheme

We're still in the pre-development phase, we must keep all our cards on the table. All participants need to have an equal say. I do not like the idea of you deciding everything just because you think you know a thing or two about marketing and economics. If you choose to lead the project in such a manner I will not endorse it.

For one thing I will never agree to a pre-mine regardless of what its purported purpose is. It's simply not needed despite what you may believe or argue, there's no true justification for it because the this coin design offers so many new advantages and it will take off stronger than most alt coins out there, without a doubt.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 08:02:07 AM

digitalindustry, I appreciate this thread but I have some issues with the approach.

Hey no worries

1) Focus on non-essential issues (logo, coin name, etc)

yes very important issues, currency's are humans things driven by human emotion, more so than math.

2) It's not really going to be called RoyalCoin is it?

(slaps head) - {sigh} ... no you must have breezed over the topic, ya?

3) Your self-assigned role as project leader.

incorrect,  you lose 13 points !, only as far as those things highlighted in the topic , its a handshake bitfreak! i do the things i'm good at the other people what they are good at. , you had a good idea congrats , i'm going to see if someone can implement it. - in all other aspects i'm an open book , a bitch to be slapped around with.  

You're free to start your own project which includes my scheme {- Thanks! : D} but I cannot be a part of that project unless you stop trying to control every important aspect of the project. {- See comments} Every aspect of the coin needs to be up for debate at this point and before we even get into things like the name and logo there are much more important things to deal with. {id of course disagree}

and that's the beauty of the free market , once we/i >>>them come up with such hybrid , you will get to see that baby on every version of cut past "Royal" type coin you can think of.   - Hell i'll pump and dump them myself ! - {What's that Jacky Chan, you changed the issue speed, dam good work, thats a new Coin yo have there !} {phone rings.......wahh hi ! this is Bter we waant you coin !}

What we need right now is a development thread, the focus should be on creating a project repository and implementing the new ideas to see how they work. After the core work is complete, we can see if it appears possible and beneficial to include something like PoS into the scheme. The goals at this stage should be:

1) Implementing mini-blockchain and proof chain
2) Implementing account tree database
3) Modify transaction system to work with new scheme

sounds great ! - lets do it,, right here ! if not ...ok, but i still believe we can have a mini block chain principal - as i said Blathazar was working on one, i'm sure people have ideas.

We're still in the pre-development phase, we must keep all our cards on the table. All participants need to have an equal say. I do not like the idea of you deciding everything just because you think you know a thing or two about marketing and economics. If you choose to lead the project in such a manner I will not endorse it.

ok no problem - want me to scrub your symbol from the top ?? the thing about a free market is i'm not stopping anyone from doing anything - I'm just deciding TO DO something , big differences.
i'm not leading anything - i'm as humble as pie - i'm just not moving on the potential success being turned into a failure becasue it ends up being called - "Wazoocoin" - with great code.

For one thing I will never agree to a pre-mine regardless of what its purported purpose is. It's simply not needed despite what you may believe or argue, there's no true justification for it because the this coin design offers so many new advantages and it will take off stronger than most alt coins out there, without a doubt.

ok you misunderstand a lot,  and this is why the "alt coins" are lurking at the bottom of the Bitcoin forum , its also why LTC rode the fame of BTC and that was all it done.  apart from scrypt.

Summary:

yeah you had a good idea, congrats , I've no worries about scrubbing your name if you're not comfortable with the situation , this just means i have to wait a little longer, then cut the code and use it , is going to happen and its going to be stupid successful - the reserve will be kept publicly - its again a Nash type equilibrium  if everyone can see it and its not used for the express purpose intended then i'm ruining my and everyone stake in the design, where is my motive?, my idea is as valuable as your idea, {obviously i believe more so} as only i have had my idea, about 3 people have had your idea.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
aaaxn

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:05:55 AM

I don't think spamcoin boom will continue. With current rate of at least one new coin per day crash is to be expected any day. Then people will be reluctant to invest in new coins. Even with awesome features.

As for development I think we should start with new account database format, because it can be done without modifying other aspects of bitcoin (blockchain pruning, PoW, etc)

█