Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 new coins in almost 1 day?  (Read 2085 times)
maunderingcabal (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 01:29:21 PM

There are so many coins being created it's a job to keep up and try to get in while they are still mineable... In a month will there be 50+ altcoins? I was happy with new coins being created, but is this too fast and too overwhelming?

You like my post? Buy me a beer for ฿0.01
13KKQYQLmDFaTtcoPDtnt3My1PPUdcc8AL
My website/blog/bitcoin store
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WeTradeCoins

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 01:31:15 PM

There are so many coins being created it's a job to keep up and try to get in while they are still mineable... In a month will there be 50+ altcoins? I was happy with new coins being created, but is this too fast and too overwhelming?

dont worry, lifespan of a new alt coin will be less than 2 weeks Smiley  Since its used for manipulation and only, and since everyone knows that early adopters will make some profit, its just a game of"phew i sold and im not trapped" thing. They will get over it in time Tongue

In the meanwhile, play and enjoy the game Tongue

www.WeMineLTC.com   0% FEE |   PPLNS  |   SSL  |   STRATUM  |  FULL DDoS PROTECTION LTC POOL!!
Caesar V

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:31:21 PM

If alt coins are coming out everyday, they will get over-saturated, meaning only good alt coins will start to stand out, the clones will be ignored.

As I always said and will say again - Competition is healthy, bring on the stampede!
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:31:28 PM

as long as there is a market they will keep coming.  
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:31:44 PM

Yes I think we are already to that point or maybe just beyond it.  Feathercoin got a good response but not sure about what comes next.
spiderJ

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:33:13 PM

survival of the fittest
mkmen

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:33:47 PM

Yes I think we are already to that point or maybe just beyond it.  Feathercoin got a good response but not sure about what comes next.

Next comes a long list of dead coins in altcoin overview.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:34:34 PM

Being an open source project anyone is welcome to create their own new coin. Unfortunately, many do. There is no need to try keeping up with them. Most are just somebody's coding project of the month.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
maunderingcabal (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 01:40:07 PM

Bitbar: Still confused what bitbar is.

BBQCoin: I thought this shit was dead, back from the grave, Mined for fun and now it's too hard to mine.

MinCoin: Like the idea of small block quantity, mined for a while. Got too hard to mine.

Feathercoin: nothing new, mined for a bit because it got good reception. Now too hard to mine.

Chinacoin: Couldn't get anything to work, mined nothing. WTF.

YaCoin: Awsome idea to mine with only CPU, now too hard to mine. All my blocks are orphans. A little complicated to tell if it's mining and hard to set up.

JunkCoin: WTF I was asleep, too late to mine... starting to lose hope.

RoyalCoin: OK only a couple hours late. No blocks, confusing as shit to get the wallet to sync...

Back to BTC/LTC?

maunderingcabal (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 01:41:42 PM

Altcoin mining is now a fickle and confusing hobby.

calecho

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:11:33 PM

dont worry, lifespan of a new alt coin will be less than 2 weeks Smiley  Since its used for manipulation and only, and since everyone knows that early adopters will make some profit, its just a game of"phew i sold and im not trapped" thing. They will get over it in time Tongue

If you believe 2 weeks lifespan for every new altcoins why did you create pools for each one?
Just curiosity.Thanks
Boxman90

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:15:52 PM

If you believe 2 weeks lifespan for every new altcoins why did you create pools for each one?
Just curiosity.Thanks

To make money ofcourse. Couldn't think of that yourself? :/

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Jakewell

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:26:18 PM

I think there is the same person behind all these new alt coins.. he just create a new user, and spend 1 day programing the new shitty coin until release.
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:27:56 PM

Free market in action + open source style evolution.

There will be more...

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:31:10 PM

BTB, YAC, BQC, RYC. MNC are all going to be but a memory in less than 2 weeks.
All the altcoins launched in the last week have that in common. Of course they also have in common that they are launched by JR members for pump and dump to idiots who actually MINE a coin that starts out with a block reward at diff 0 that is 100x+ more for the first few hours then the rest of the week.
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:32:19 PM

BBQCoin: I thought this shit was dead, back from the grave, Mined for fun and now it's too hard to mine.

MinCoin: Like the idea of small block quantity, mined for a while. Got too hard to mine.

Feathercoin: nothing new, mined for a bit because it got good reception. Now too hard to mine.

YaCoin: Awsome idea to mine with only CPU, now too hard to mine. All my blocks are orphans. A little complicated to tell if it's mining and hard to set up.

RoyalCoin: OK only a couple hours late. No blocks, confusing as shit to get the wallet to sync...

Back to BTC/LTC?

Well said, went something like that for me:

BitBar: Dumb, overhyped, why the hell anyone would think changing the name from "coin" to "bar" would make it more valuable is beyond me. FeatherCoin/CHNCoin/BBQCoin/JunkCoin: loved it, got in early mined a bunch, sold out quickly at under market rates and enjoyed the ride. RoyalCoin/YAC: Didn't get in early, mined a few coins for practice, won't mine anymore. BTE/Mincoin: Interesting, like these two, still mining the latter, holding a few of the former.

Hope for these alts gets more and more dim with each new one. I enjoy mining and trading, but BTC/LTC are in it for the long haul.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:34:33 PM

Back to BTC/LTC?

Well said, went something like that for me:

BitBar: Dumb, overhyped, why the hell anyone would think changing the name from "coin" to "bar" would make it more valuable is beyond me. FeatherCoin/CHNCoin/BBQCoin/JunkCoin: loved it, got in early mined a bunch, sold out quickly at under market rates and enjoyed the ride. RoyalCoin/YAC: Didn't get in early, mined a few coins for practice, won't mine anymore. BTE/Mincoin: Interesting, like these two, still mining the latter, holding a few of the former.

Hope for these alts gets more and more dim with each new one. I enjoy mining and trading, but BTC/LTC are in it for the long haul.

Bitbar will only ever have 2800 bars/coins, that's why it's almost reach parity with BTC already at bter.
shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:42:07 PM

2800 total ever? That's pretty low--almost too low, in fact its ridiculously low. And I thought MNC/SMC had small block rewards.
Jakewell

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:46:11 PM

BTB, YAC, BQC, RYC. MNC are all going to be but a memory in less than 2 weeks.
All the altcoins launched in the last week have that in common. Of course they also have in common that they are launched by JR members for pump and dump to idiots who actually MINE a coin that starts out with a block reward at diff 0 that is 100x+ more for the first few hours then the rest of the week.

BQC was not launched in the last week, inform yourself first before posting.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:00:55 PM

ask yourself what coins do people selling all these alt coins want?

yea... btc and ltc. the rest people want to get rid of faster then their STD.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: