Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:02:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MAGA] Magacoin - Build the Wall! -- NO PREMINE | NO ICO/CROWDFUND  (Read 17634 times)
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 09:44:22 AM

@mktorn, i would like to propose that you set a 2% miner fee from your pool to the Dev's wallet.
There is still a lot for him to do if this crypto is gonna succeed and gain some real traction in the market.
It includes the website, android wallet, ios wallet, explorer, and many more. these cost money and effort from Dev.
there aren't many fair cryptos these days.
you can still keep the 1% thus making it a total fee of 3%. All this will be added to OP for everyone to know.

gliridian

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:50:54 AM

Hi everyone, I would really like to mine this one. But I don't know what to do. I'm not a programmer or a developer... I'm just an Art teacher who happens to like cryptos. I'm also new to this... May I ask someone to make a step by step dumb down tutorial on how to mine Magacoin?

Here's the info for my PC:

processor: Intel Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Ram: 16 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I would really appreciate if someone help me how to mine this... thank you very much!

1. Download the windows wallet. Run it and let it sync. Shut it down.
2. Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread.
3. Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files.

My conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=******
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

My bat file:

minerd.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:5332 -u ****** -p ****** --coinbase-addr=(your wallet address here)

4. Start the wallet and let it sync again with the new conf file. Shut it down and restart once more.
5. Start the miner. It should show you the hashes per thread now. If you get some error messages, go back and check your batch and configuration files and make sure the information matches in each file.

Hi RB25, I really appreciate your reply. I tried doing everything you said.

1. "Download the windows wallet. Run it and let it sync. Shut it down." (CHECK!)
2. "Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread." (CHECK!) I did just like you.

server=1
rpcuser=*************
rpcpassword=*************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

I also closed the wallet and synced it again.

3. "Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files."

I downloaded the magaminer-win64, unzipped it, then I made a magacoin.bat inside the folder of magaminer-win64.

Then I opened may Command Prompt, dragged the minerd.exe in the cmd, then hit enter. then it said, no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

I also tried opening it as administrator, but still the same...

I also tried double clicking the magacoin.bat file but command prompt just appeared then closes again so fast I can't read what's in it. I  printscreen it, and it says the same thing: no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm sorry I'm just a noob... maybe there's something that I'm not doing right.

is it because I can't stall my Java?

I really want to mine this coin... please help... I really appreciate any help... thank you very much...

StealthDad

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:59:55 AM

Hi everyone, I would really like to mine this one. But I don't know what to do. I'm not a programmer or a developer... I'm just an Art teacher who happens to like cryptos. I'm also new to this... May I ask someone to make a step by step dumb down tutorial on how to mine Magacoin?

I would really appreciate if someone help me how to mine this... thank you very much!

2. Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread.
3. Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files.

My conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=******
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

My bat file:

minerd.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:5332 -u ****** -p ****** --coinbase-addr=(your wallet address here)

4. Start the wallet and let it sync again with the new conf file. Shut it down and restart once more.
5. Start the miner. It should show you the hashes per thread now. If you get some error messages, go back and check your batch and configuration files and make sure the information matches in each file.

1. "Download the windows wallet. Run it and let it sync. Shut it down." (CHECK!)
2. "Make a new configuration file or change the one that is already in the file folder C:/local disk/Users/(your user name/AppData/Roaming/Magacoin. Use the examples in this thread." (CHECK!) I did just like you.

server=1
rpcuser=*************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

3. "Download the miner. Now, you can either run it from the windows command line using the code from earlier in this thread or make a batch file, like earlier in this thread, in the same folder as where you unzipped the miner files."

I downloaded the magaminer-win64, unzipped it, then I made a magacoin.bat inside the folder of magaminer-win64.

Then I opened may Command Prompt, dragged the minerd.exe in the cmd, then hit enter. then it said, no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

I also tried double clicking the magacoin.bat file but command prompt just appeared then closes again so fast I can't read what's in it. I  printscreen it, and it says the same thing: no URL supplied Try 'minerd --help' for more information.

What am I doing wrong?

I really want to mine this coin... please help... I really appreciate any help... thank you very much...

Don't drag the minerd program into a cmd.

Instead, double click the magacoin.bat file after you open the wallet program.
But first you need to edit the batch file to have

it it, but with the info you put into the magacoin.conf

and the wallet address can be copied from the wallet program itself at "receiving address"
RB25

Activity: 831
Merit: 500

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:40:30 AM

My conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=******
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

My bat file:

server=1
rpcuser=*************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

What am I doing wrong?

and the wallet address can be copied from the wallet program itself at "receiving address"

Thanks stealth. Just remember to put the batch file in the same folder as the minerd application file and make sure the user and password match your conf file. I forgot that one an it took me 10mins to figure it out.

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
⇪  CHANNEL   ⇪    GROUP   ⇪
Twitter  Facebook  Medium
schyter

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 12:29:19 PM

There a 25 workers on the pool mining at a summed hashrate of 1.5GH/s
My old dell laptop's dual core CPU will do me no good Grin

sushimon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:10:49 PM

I'm new to mining, can someone tell me why in the minerd I'm getting 9 khash per threads (4 in total) but in the pool my address appears with 450 khash, which seems much more that it was supposed?
osloman

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 01:52:13 PM

The mining pool is a scam. Have it run for 2 hours with many accepted result but no payment.
schyter

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2017, 02:31:10 PM

I dont know what is happening with your mining but i have also been mining on the same pool with MRR at about 1MH/s and i have been receiving payments

osloman

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:36:18 PM

This is the pool I have mined, also my address. No coin payment after 2 hours
minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://pool.onepool.online:5000 -u ARMTrDNp3F9Kg9hzCkagoUJLFVKCncEx6Y -p x
osloman

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:48:04 PM

My address even does not appear on the website.
sushimon

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 03:05:02 PM

My address even does not appear on the website.

How many shares you found already?
It seems the address is only reported after the miner reports a few shares

However I'm not receiving any payments even after a couple hours...
gliridian

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:30:45 PM
Last edit: July 17, 2017, 04:44:29 PM by gliridian

My conf file:

server=1
rpcuser=******
rpcpassword=******
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

My bat file:

server=1
rpcuser=*************
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Stealthdad, thanks for the help.

Yes, I actually did that too. I double clicked magacoin.bat
Btw, when you say "batch file" you mean the info inside magacoin.bat?

This is what I wrote inside the magacoin.bat

<--- http://imgur.com/tb3buF7

there's no space in each letter except between "u" and "p" as in, u (myusername) p (mypassword).

However, when I click on magacoin.bat cmd suddenly appears for a millisecond then dissappear again. So I have to time it, to screenshot it until I've got it captured. This is what it said.

<--- http://imgur.com/jLXeP24

Here's everything inside the %AppData%/Roaming/Magacoin folder

<--- http://imgur.com/G9jZjnE

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Again, I really really do appreciate your help. I might be really near solving my problem... Please spare me a little more patience... Thank you very much...
mktorn

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 05:25:57 PM

I lowered the payout threshold down to 1 MAGA for now. Once I update the site to show current unconfirmed vs confirmed balance and make it easier to track how close you are to reaching the threshhold then I will update it back to the original 50 MAGA payout threshold

Everyone who had shares pending and only mined for 1-2 hours should see your payments come in, I saw a bunch of addresses with a balance between 10-30 MAGA so all of those should pay out now.
greytut

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:24:02 PM

Can ccminer be used to solo mine? I can use the cpu magaminer fine but if i try to use ccminer i get "json-rpc call failed"
tiras

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 07:57:39 PM

I lowered the payout threshold down to 1 MAGA for now. Once I update the site to show current unconfirmed vs confirmed balance and make it easier to track how close you are to reaching the threshhold then I will update it back to the original 50 MAGA payout threshold

Everyone who had shares pending and only mined for 1-2 hours should see your payments come in, I saw a bunch of addresses with a balance between 10-30 MAGA so all of those should pay out now.

been running the miner for 4 hours and still at 0 in my wallet.  Am I doing something wrong ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
d:\MAGACOIN\magaminer-win64>minerd.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:5332 -u **** -p ****** --coinbase-addr=AHZ7aYd41LmURF4abbAPvpeVv1UXRcouQq
[2017-07-17 15:23:21] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2017-07-17 15:23:21] Binding thread 2 to cpu 2
[2017-07-17 15:23:21] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2017-07-17 15:23:21] Binding thread 3 to cpu 3
[2017-07-17 15:23:21] 4 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2017-07-17 15:23:21] Long-polling activated for http://127.0.0.1:5332
[2017-07-17 15:23:22] thread 3: 4104 hashes, 9.73 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:23:22] thread 1: 4104 hashes, 9.73 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:23:22] thread 0: 4104 hashes, 9.73 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:23:22] thread 2: 4104 hashes, 9.38 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:23:26] LONGPOLL pushed new work
[2017-07-17 15:23:26] thread 0: 32160 hashes, 7.00 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:23:26] thread 1: 32640 hashes, 7.10 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:23:26] thread 2: 31728 hashes, 6.98 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:23:26] thread 3: 31944 hashes, 6.95 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:24:19] thread 3: 417192 hashes, 7.87 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:24:20] thread 2: 418656 hashes, 7.83 khash/s
[2017-07-17 15:24:20] thread 0: 420024 hashes, 7.84 khash/s

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
mktorn

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:29:24 PM

been running the miner for 4 hours and still at 0 in my wallet.  Am I doing something wrong ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
d:\MAGACOIN\magaminer-win64>minerd.exe -o http://127.0.0.1:5332 -u **** -p ****** --coinbase-addr=AHZ7aYd41LmURF4abbAPvpeVv1UXRcouQq

From the command line you posted, you are currently solo-mining which means you won't get any coins until you find a block. You are getting around 28KH/s while the network hash rate is nearing 1GH/s so it will take quite a while before you find a block from solo mining. If you want to use the pool to mine then you should change the command line to have "-o stratum+tcp://pool.onepool.online:5000 -u <wallet public address> -p x" instead of "-o http://127.0.0.1:5332 -u **** -p ****"
RB25

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:29:31 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It looks like you are solo mining. If that is the case, you'll have to get lucky to find a block on your own.

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
magangster

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:36:35 PM

It looks like you are solo mining. If that is the case, you'll have to get lucky to find a block on your own.

Is it pointless to mine solo at this point if my hash rate is relatively low?
RB25

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:57:34 PM

Is it pointless to mine solo at this point if my hash rate is relatively low?

Yes, unless you have a couple of Antminer L3s to try.

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
sushimon

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 11:27:12 PM

Thanks, I confirm I now received some magas. However it seems now its already required to have a very powerful rig to get any interesting ammount Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: