Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:03:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody quit smoking lately?  (Read 544 times)
JimiPorter (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:29:33 AM

How did you do it?..
ThoxX

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 08:32:06 AM

when you really want to quit it is easy.
adeandrian

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:31:52 AM

Yes i am, the reason that quitting smoking is difficult isn't necessarily because you're young, old, smoke a little or a lot, or have smoked for ages. It's tough to quit because cigarettes are addictive. The nicotine acts like a drug in your system. It's what gives you that "high," relaxed, and happy feeling when you smoke that keeps you coming back for more.

Anyone who is truly addicted to nicotine is going to have a tough time quitting smoking, and that's certainly true for seniors who have been lighting up for decades. Plus, it's a physical habit. A cigarette is what you have with your breakfast, after your dinner, while you're watching TV, or when you're chatting with friends. It's the habit of smoking as much as the nicotine that is addictive and tough to give up.

No one said it was easy, but no one said it couldn't be done, either.

Quitting takes a lot of determination, hard work, and preparation. You need to know your potential roadblocks and triggers, and how you will handle them before they spring up and surprise you.

Some people have success quitting cold turkey and never light up again after making the big decision. Others do better gradually tapering off their smoking, cutting out more cigarettes each day until they've kicked the habit.

Getting older isn't an excuse to give up on your health. In fact, it's the perfect time to take control of your health and kick the habit that's been plaguing you for years.

http://www.makeyourbestself.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/StopSmoking.png
shelly154

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:46:56 AM

With A Cup of Black Coffee  Cool Cool
Korinu

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:00:19 AM

I quit smoking cold turkey eight years ago. While on vacation actually.
I didn't have problems staying away from cigarettes, was lucky that way.
Even when people were smoking in my vicinity I didn't get the urge to join them.

Weirdest thing is that I kept smoking in my dreams, and was regularly confused when I woke up if I really smoked or not.
2hot2handle

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:20:28 AM

Been trying since 10 years ago, tried using gums, candies, patches and even get on the level of using vape but still cant quit. Lucky those people who have quit.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

Been trying since 10 years ago, tried using gums, candies, patches and even get on the level of using vape but still cant quit. Lucky those people who have quit.
I have the same problem. I can't quit Smoking though I want to do it. When I am at work I smoke rarely because I'm too lazy to get out of the office and helps to focus on work, but when I go home the number of cigarettes smoked increases three times.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 11:50:43 AM

It seems only way to quit is one's own will.

2hot2handle

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:03:04 PM

It seems only way to quit is one's own will.

True. I guess, mind over matters.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
JimiPorter (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:01:50 PM

Thanks for the comments, guys..

Yes, will power is required.. and it helps a lot to know you are not the only one to keep at it..

Just one more cup of coffee to take the edge off.. Tongue
Ethix

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:04:10 PM

Nope
Ojengonggu

Activity: 756
Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:07:33 PM

Most who quit smoking are sick people and recommended by doctors to stop and it is difficult for them but how else should the healthy life is valuable

beezunus

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:39:44 PM

I am now starting...Avoid from smokers and reject it
uichain

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:06:01 PM

it's pretty easy to quit smoking.
you can put some Pepper seeds in the signature,about 6 times
you will not want smoking.
Proceed

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:10:34 PM

I quit smoking at age 15 and do not smoke anymore.
I just understand that smoking kills.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:23:47 PM

Buy a decent mod (electronic cig) and lover the analog usage in time. Been doing this for the last month and I smoke 2/3 less analogs than before.
smith136

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:28:18 PM

i tried a lot of ways to quit smoking but it doesnt seem work on me. its quite frustrating to br honest because smoking is a little bit expensive. congratulations to those who quit their smokifg habits.

Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:01:32 PM

How did you do it?..

I tried quitting too but i failed. Sometime now or next year im totally gonna quit smoking cigs. But must preparey self first before i can actually say goodbye to this bad habit.
flitschbirne

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:10:54 PM

How did you do it?..

you need discipline, a lot to do and a smoke free area where u can stay.
try it on your vacation or somewhere like this.

i cross my finger for you. stay strong  Wink
Lyancy001

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:56:11 PM

It is hard for me to quit smoking, but I am trying my best to do so. First, I tried taking my daily smoking habit, and that is smoking after eating. Well you need to stop the most common thing you do with smoking so I'll be easy to stop.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: