Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:00:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who should be the listed owner of the Wall Observer thread? Choose all acceptable options. Your vote will be published.  (Voting closed: July 08, 2017, 01:48:25 PM)
lightfoot - 20 (12%)
arklan - 16 (9.6%)
Erkallys - 15 (9%)
infofront - 58 (34.7%)
Lauda - 35 (21%)
empowering - 23 (13.8%)
Total Voters: 110

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer new ownership  (Read 6873 times)
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:48:26 PM

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1993570.0

I will declare a poll winner by considering who voted what, not just by counting votes.

Polls on forum administration are always advisory, but in this case I don't care very much who owns the thread, so I don't see any reason why I wouldn't put the winner of this poll in charge of the thread. Though if the thread becomes problematic again, the thread owner will have to be replaced.

lightfoot - "I would go with a largely hands-off option, no directly blasting other people, no posting marketing crap, simple stuff"

arklan - "if mods are needed, i have the time to do it"

Erkallys
- "I candidate if this is needed. At least I have no hatred toward me as well as any fanboy." - "I would not be too strict on moderation, and I am available all day long."

infofront- "I'm not a prolific poster, or well known personality, but I'd volunteer to help moderate. I started the "unmoderated" wall observer thread because I believe in the laissez-faire nature of Adam's thread."

Lauda - "I could create one, and would if someone were to get something like ChartBuddy running again." <-- from another thread but related to this one.

empowering - "I probably have the necessary erratic mental health condition..." "...So I guess I will throw my hat in - happy to do it, not fussed either though."

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 03:40:51 PM

Will you publish who voted for who again? I am not really familiar with some of these names to vote for them. I had hoped Jimbo would be a part of it.

I will declare a poll winner by considering who voted what, not just by counting votes.
How would you handle a situation with a large number of new accounts voting? The decision to consider 'who' voted is a step in the right direction, but I'm wondering how you would execute it if someone were to be leading by a large margin with e.g. such votes.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:42:59 PM

I vote for Lauda.

Unlock my favorite thread already and free Adam! #freeadam
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:11:41 PM

Will you publish who voted for who again?

Yes.

How would you handle a situation with a large number of new accounts voting? The decision to consider 'who' voted is a step in the right direction, but I'm wondering how you would execute it if someone were to be leading by a large margin with e.g. such votes.

I'll ignore apparent vote-stuffing completely.

Probably I'll be able to tell the proper ordering by just skimming the color-coded voter list. In edge cases, I might devise some sort of point system.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:48:53 PM

I haven't seen a statement from you, Lauda, on how you'd moderate the thread. Do you plan to impose on-topic?
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:49:42 PM

Will you publish who voted for who again? I am not really familiar with some of these names to vote for them. I had hoped Jimbo would be a part of it.

Lauda...

Beat it you tyrant... you kept deleting R0aches natzi posts... and that guy is pure gold entertainment!!! Smiley ... Do you think people come to these posts for speculation?? You are dead wrong!!! They come for entertainment!!! Smiley ... No one care who said what, when or maybe. Because 90% of the people with money from these posts don't listen to each other anyway! So its just simple chit chat between millionaires and billionaires that like to mock each other!!! Smiley
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:52:20 PM

I just hope everyone understands that a vote for Empowering is a vote for him _and_ his monkey..

This is good for Bitcoin.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:00:01 PM

Lauda...

Beat it you tyrant... you kept deleting R0aches natzi posts... and that guy is pure gold entertainment!!! Smiley ... Do you think people come to these posts for speculation?? You are dead wrong!!! They come for entertainment!!! Smiley ... No one care who said what, when or maybe. Because 90% of the people with money from these posts don't listen to each other anyway! So its just simple chit chat between millionaires and billionaires that like to mock each other!!! Smiley

No matter who the moderator ends up being, I hope posts like R0ach's are allowed to stand. The thread will not be the same without the occasional Hitler/anti-jew meme pictures scattered about.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10156

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:00:29 PM

I just hope everyone understands that a vote for Empowering is a vote for him _and_ his monkey..

Aren't you mixing up Empowering and Aminorex?

Aminorex is the monkey guy, no?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:02:33 PM

Aren't you mixing up Empowering and Aminorex?

Aminorex is the monkey guy, no?

I believe they had joint custody.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:03:04 PM

My vote goes to infofront.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:04:20 PM

Oh, it looks like the the electoral campaign has already started. This is gonna be fun.

Lauda is in the lead atm? Who would have thought....  Shocked

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:06:11 PM

Seems to me the blatantly racist shit ought to be out of bounds. Maybe I'm a Jew. Maybe the monkey is. Who's to say?

arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:28:23 PM

i have voted my vote.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:40:32 PM

Seems to me the blatantly racist shit ought to be out of bounds. Maybe I'm a Jew. Maybe the monkey is. Who's to say?

Absolutely.  

r0ach seems to think this is fun:

(Blah blah conspiracy paranoia from r0ach's sick library) Holocaust 2.0 coming soon.

I do not.  When he was a Mod, I asked Lauda why posts I had written were deletd and r0ach's anti-semitic hate posts were untouched on the same page.  

He did not answer.

For me intolerance to the point of advocating genocide and the killing of millions of people is NOT really ok.  It's kind a red line issue.

So in the interests of an open debate, what is your position Lauda? Do you just crave the power? Can you tell us if you're a light touch, laissez-faire type, or a totalitarian?  Why were you a mod and then suddenly not?

Do tell, we would like to know.  Your past is not without clouds - but your audience is listening and prepared to listen, as am I - and if I get no answer, you will have proved my worst fears about your ambition to take over the WO.

You are not Adam - OK, who could be?  Fair enough.  But what are you, Lauda?

我想要火箭和火车
savetherainforest

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:46:10 PM

Bitcoin in the future does not know the concept of religion or why it should matter! Smiley
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:47:27 PM

I thought the new owner was supposed to be someone who is a "regular" in the WO thread?

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
savetherainforest

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:50:32 PM

Absolutely.  

r0ach seems to think this is fun:

(Blah blah conspiracy paranoia from r0ach's sick library) Holocaust 2.0 coming soon.

I do not.  When he was a Mod, I asked Lauda why posts I had written were deletd and r0ach's anti-semitic hate posts were untouched on the same page.  

He did not answer.

For me intolerance to the point of advocating genocide and the killing of millions of people is NOT really ok.  It's kind a red line issue.

So in the interests of an open debate, what is your position Lauda? Do you just crave the power? Can you tell us if you're a light touch, laissez-faire type, or a totalitarian?  Why were you a mod and then suddenly not?

Do tell, we would like to know.  Your past is not without clouds - but your audience is listening and prepared to listen, as am I - and if I get no answer, you will have proved my worst fears about your ambition to take over the WO.

You are not Adam - OK, who could be?  Fair enough.  But what are you, Lauda?

The fact that he presents the other side of the coin is exactly the reason why we should keep people like R0ach! ... Because you can show them, point them with a finger and given as an anti-example!!! ... The world needs fucking bad guys to be in a perpetuum state of equilibrium! Balance is needed! Smiley

*edit(1):  So... don't ignore the other side of the coin!!! If danger and bad sh!t exists... you don't need to ignore it and suppress it!!! Deal with it!!! Smiley

*edit(2): People need to be aware so they can draw up their own conclusions!!! Smiley
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:54:24 PM

Lauda...

No matter who the moderator ends up being, I hope posts like R0ach's are allowed to stand. The thread will not be the same without the occasional Hitler/anti-jew meme pictures scattered about.

Occasional promotion of fascism is kind of OK?

Ok, laissez-faire will win out, which is a plus point - but when I totally kick off, will I also not be deleted when I tell this psychopath who lives in his mother's basement dreaming of the death of the jews to go fuck himself?

Wink

我想要火箭和火车
savetherainforest

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:56:35 PM

Occasional promotion of fascism is kind of OK?

Ok, laissez-faire will win out, which is a plus point - but when I totally kick off, will I also not be deleted when I tell this psychopath who lives in his mother's basement dreaming of the death of the jews to go fuck himself?

Wink

That actually sounds fair...

Maybe you two will bond with the passing of time! Heal, mend wounds together!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy

*edit:   And then peace was restored to the kingdom! They became friends and then they had a plenty bunch of children and the world was a better place! The End!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: