Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:53:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Avalon batch 3, 4 module, 90+ Gh/s - Asking 150  (Read 1585 times)
shbtc (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 08:38:26 PM

I am asking 150 BTC, escrowed by John K until the unit is delivered. Order # 78XX. All offers >120 will be considered. Buyer will pay 2% escrow fee. Escrow will be released to buyer August 5th if the unit has not been delivered. I will also verify personal and contact information within the escrow, if possible. No power supply. FedEx First Overnight within 24 hours of arrival.

Or I can sell a single module from the unit for 40 BTC instead. Lesser offers will be considered. No escrow.

I am also auctioning shares of future revenue. Each share = 10% of first 100 BTC mined (10 BTC). Bidding starts at 7 BTC per share. Only 9 shares (90%) for sale. I'll cover all mining costs.

No 2 of these sales will be made simultaneously. ie I will NOT sell off one of the modules, and then sell 90% of the first 100 BTC mined by the remaining 3 modules. If someone buys all or part of this unit, the auction will be taken down. This unit will NOT be double sold in any way. This is disclosed in the auction also. I will provide proof to the buyer that this unit has not sold in any of the other listings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 10:56:23 PM

[...] FedEx First Overnight within 24 hours of arrival.

[...]
shipping included?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
shbtc (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 02:54:40 AM

[...] FedEx First Overnight within 24 hours of arrival.

[...]
shipping included?

Yes, I will pay shipping and insure the package for $10,000.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 10:48:00 PM

I recommend everyone stop buying (Re-sold) Avalon/BFL units.

The Avalon Team just released a good portion of the designs for their units and now OEM (Open Equipment) manufactuers are taking that and turning it into clones. Some might have better features.

Keep your BTC and buy the clones as they are likely to be much cheaper.

Word to the wise!
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 03:31:25 AM

The Avalon Team just released a good portion of the designs for their units and now OEM (Open Equipment) manufactuers are taking that and turning it into clones. Some might have better features.

Word to the wise!

Not to jump in here and be a dick, but this man is trying to sell an item and you come up on his thread and start talking about other options. If you don't want it move along. You have no business on someone else's thread making these comments.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 04:54:14 AM

^what he said
Jrock

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:00:39 AM

What he said is good advice so.....

shbtc (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 07:23:19 AM

Word to the wise!

This advice is pure speculation, which I guess is all we have at this point. The bulk chips should be delivered after batch 3. Then time is still needed for development and production. The choices are to a)buy a presale for a proven product that already exists or b)cross your fingers and wait for a cheaper option to appear. It's a race for hashing power now and many people prefer to go with the safer bet. I think my asking price is very reasonable and am current entertaining multiple lower offers. I paid 101 6 weeks ago, so my ROI will not be all that great for a BTC investment. I really wish I didn't have to sell but unfortunate events have forced me to do so. I personally think I am offering a good deal, but each person should decide and speculate for themselves.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:12:54 AM

Word to the wise!

Not to jump in here and be a dick, but this man is trying to sell an item and you come up on his thread and start talking about other options. If you don't want it move along. You have no business on someone else's thread making these comments.

You are saying there is something wrong about pointing out when another user may be overpaying for a product because of lack of knowledge? Eh, ok..
seannnyx

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:40:45 AM

price negotiable?
shbtc (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:55:17 PM

Offers above 120 will be considered. In addition to price, escrow fee and PSU are negotiable.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 12:17:09 AM

Word to the wise!

You are saying there is something wrong about pointing out when another user may be overpaying for a product because of lack of knowledge? Eh, ok..

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I read the post, didn't want the item for my own reasons and moved on. I think it is very disrespectful to come on someone's thread and offer alternative options. If someone is willing to come on this forum and spend $15,000+ on a product that they haven't researched, and looked into then sobeit.

Now if you want to drop a comment stating your feeling on the item being offered, "overpriced" "not worth it" etc. fine. But that would be like me going on someone else's Casascius Coin thread and saying "hey I sell them cheaper" or "wait Mike will be offering them again soon".
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 12:18:02 AM

What he said is good advice so.....

If its good advice then why did you drop links on my Casascius Coin thread to resellers who sell them cheaper? LOL.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:33:23 AM

Word to the wise!

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. I read the post, didn't want the item for my own reasons and moved on. I think it is very disrespectful to come on someone's thread and offer alternative options. If someone is willing to come on this forum and spend $15,000+ on a product that they haven't researched, and looked into then sobeit.
You have the heart of a scammer.

I will do my part and protect those who didn't know about this news. You will lose out because of it, so be it.

Now if you want to drop a comment stating your feeling on the item being offered, "overpriced" "not worth it" etc. fine. But that would be like me going on someone else's Casascius Coin thread and saying "hey I sell them cheaper" or "wait Mike will be offering them again soon".
If it is in the best interest of the community or those buying, then yes, it will be done.

If you want to go scam someone for your own reasons...keep looking out for people like us...who keep others aware and safe (from bad buys).

Links provided:

List of Avalon-ASIC-Miner-Developers

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=192860.0

[RELEASE] Avalon Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200668.0
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 02:45:42 AM

Word to the wise!

I will do my part and protect those who didn't know about this news. You will lose out because of it, so be it.

If it is in the best interest of the community or those buying, then yes, it will be done.

If you want to go scam someone for your own reasons...keep looking out for people like us...who keep others aware and safe (from bad buys).

Links provided:

It has nothing to do with being a scammer. You didn't say "I think this is a bad idea" or "make sure you research before you buy" or "if this is something you want to do then please use escrow" you said don't buy cheaper options will be available. I think that is kind of shitty.

You basically walked into a local store and said to a guy standing at the register waiting to check out "hey you can buy that at Walmart for half the price"

Please explain to me how that is protecting someone from being scammed?
shbtc (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 03:40:40 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 07:34:53 AM by shbtc

Word to the wise!

Links provided:

Thank you for providing these links so we can all see where you're coming from. I first want to reiterate that all of these options are still in development and, as of yet, no units exist. They all also require the buyer to supply chips. My Avalon will have 80 chips per module for a total of 320 chips. The best price I have found is BTC.086 per chip, or BTC27.52 for 320. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.0 The units will still likely be delivered months after my unit. Again the bulk chips were sold after batch 3 and should be delivered in the same order. Then the products still have to finish development and be assembled before they reach the hands of the buyer and/or begin hashing. All of the following figures assume that the assembler makes 0 mistakes and damages none of your chips.

Now I want to break down the prices to make it easier for prospective buyers. I'll start with the first link. The DIY options require the buyer to provide PCBs and solder the chips themselves. These options are not comparable to my listing and I don't think many of my potential buyers would be interested in them. As for the assembled units, the most cost effective options are 20 chips for 100 Euros (5 per) and 10 chips for BTC2.54 (.254 per). The cost of 320 of your chips assembled through these alternatives is 1600 Euros and BTC81.28, respectively. Adding the initial cost of BTC27.54 for the chips brings you to 1600 Euro + BTC27.54 or BTC108.82 for an equivalent unit likely delivered months after mine.

The second link is for a customer to send chips to someone who will assemble and then host them for an undisclosed fee. Assembly costs BTC2.54 for 10 chips (the discounted rate has expired), BTC81.28 for 320. Add this to the BTC27.54 price of the chips and you get BTC108.82.

In conclusion, my full asking price of BTC150 is roughly 40% more than buying your own chips and having them assembled and/or hosted for you. My minimum accepted offer of BTC121 is about 10% more. My unit will likely start mining months earlier and my price is negotiable. The only factors for speculation are:
a)how much earlier
b)will the difficulty rise more or less than the price difference during that time and
c)if the difficulty rises less during that period, is the difference worth waiting an unknown amount of time for an unproven mining investment to see a return.

I hope this simplifies profitability speculation for potential buyers. This being said, I am setting an expiration for this listing. I have a serious offer from a user who was kind enough to give me some time. I will accept this offer if I don't receive a better one by 5/15. Thank you all for your interest.

Edit: This listing will be open until midnight 5/17.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:40:52 AM

I this still available? I am very interested in it.
shbtc (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:21:07 AM

I this still available? I am very interested in it.

It is still available although probably not for long. I have an offer that expires soon and am waiting on the escrow contract to come back. Once I receive the draft I had planned on accepting the offer. If you are interested, please make an offer within the next 24 hours. Thank you.
shbtc (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:38:16 AM

Because the batch 2s have started shipping I am extending this listing until midnight 5/17. The offer I mentioned before expires 5/18.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: