Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125022 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:55:42 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 10:08:31 PM by SebastianJu

There is another thread for the same groupbuy in german language at: [Gruppenkauf] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu)

New development regarding Refund:

Hello,

it seem that Yifu would find it best to refund the Avalon Asic Chips because they at the moment arent worth much anymore and cant mine out the buying price as a miner. The 100% refund option is his favorite. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3035535#msg3035535

Now the question is what each member in our groupbuy, who still has chips in the line is wishing. Refund or keep the chips anyway. Thats why this PM/Email/Forumpost comes into so i can collect this data and when Yifu posted his refund form we can use it and get refund for so many chips like buyers wish. Since we ordered 5.6 batches it could be that a batch remains ordered to deliver the chips that are wanted. Eventually that would maybe even batch 1.

So i need the following details from every member:

Username:
    BTC-Refund Payment-adress:
    Amount of chips you want to keep:

Send me the data simply by pm or email if known.

Of course all missing verifications for orders have to be cleared before i can give a refund to a unverified buyer.

Greetings!
    Sebastian

Explaination refund process: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg3057388#msg3057388

List with refundrequests: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187660.msg3066468#msg3066468

Status updates:

2013-07-07: Batch 6 ordered through zefir (our part: 6000 chips) - Status "Chips ordered"
2013-06-13: Batch 5 ordered - Status "Chips ordered" | Batch 6 starts
2013-06-09: Batch 1, 2, 3 and 4 changed their status from "Chips ordered" to "Sample-chip-shipped"
2013-06-04: Batch 2, 3 and 4 changed their status from "Processing" to "Chips ordered"
2013-05-27: Batch 4 ordered - Status "Processing" | Batch 5 starts
2013-05-23: Batch 3 ordered - Status "Processing" | Batch 4 starts
2013-05-23: Batch 2 changed their status from "On hold" to "Processing"
2013-05-21: Batch 1 changed their status from "Processing" to "Chips ordered"
2013-05-18: Batch 2 ordered - Status "On hold" | Batch 3 starts
2013-05-11: Batch 1 ordered - Status "Processing" | Batch 2 starts
2013-05-02: First payments roll in because zefirs group buy has stopped now.
2013-04-25: Creation of Group Buy with Batch 1

1. Why a new Group Buy?
Unfortunately zefir stops his group buy at the end of April. I wasnt able to convince him to run the offer for an unlimited/at least longer time. His group buy ran under [ANN] Avalon ASIC chip distribution and i think this shouldnt die. Giving the opportunity to order chips in small quantities to miners with smaller BTC-Wallets too.

2. Whats new?
Ill make some changes to the original groupbuy. Buyers will be able to buy chips in 1 chip steps. Not all miner-technologies that will be developed in the near future will need exactly 10 chips for a miner board.
The shipping fee will be lower.
I live not far from burnin, so shipping will be fast and cheap. And shipping to burnin will cost less because the fee can be split among all users that send their chips to burnin.
There are some more miner-developers. I now created a list out of them i know about. Im sure until the chips arrive there will be some more developers that are able to turn chips into miners.    
List of Avalon-Asic-Miner-Developers

3. Remainder
Only send payments from an address you control (i.e. you can sign with it). If you send from MtGox or other exchanges, you risk loosing your funds since you can't prove you sent them. If you bought chips pay attention that your address is in the list that shows the payments with the correct amount of chips. If something looks wrong you need to proof that youre the owner of that address. You have to be able to sign a message with your sending address to proof that youre the owner off that address: How to sign/verify messages?.
The wallet Multibit cant sign messages. In case you did an error there it should be possible to import your addresses into a wallet that can sign messages and then sign a message with your sending address.

4. Order Status

Last updated: May 31 - 21:49 UTC (Nothing changed till that time, ill get an email alert if something changes there.)
Code:
Order 	Date 	        Status 	                      Total 	 
#10261 May 11, 2013 Sample-chip-shipped           ฿782.10 for 1 item
#10281 May 18, 2013 Sample-chip-shipped           ฿782.10 for 1 item
#10369 May 23, 2013 Sample-chip-shipped           ฿782.10 for 1 item
#10401 May 27, 2013 Sample-chip-shipped           ฿782.10 for 1 item
#10685 June 13, 2013 Chips ordered                 ฿782.10 for 1 item
#11321 July 6, 2013 Chips ordered                 ฿782.10 for 1 item (zefir ordered. Our share 6000 chips)

5. Refunds
Your orders are binding after your funds have been used to pay for a batch. Before that (while coins are piling up for the next batch), you can demand for a refund and will get it paid back in full.
In case avalon stops selling of chips all collected bitcoins will be transferred back to the sender.

6. Where you from?
Im located in germany, not far from burnin. Burnin is a developer of a Miner who will create miners out of avalon chips. Your avalon chips could be integrated in his design if you dont want to create your own miner.
There are some more miner-developers. I now created a list out of them i know about. Im sure until the chips arrive there will be some more developers that are able to turn chips into miners.    

7. Who are you?
Im a german member of this community since nearly 2 years. Im living not far from burnin, a developer of a miner board. If you want proof of my identity i can provide you with my id.

8. What to do with the chips?
Its up to you. You can receive it to your home and create your own miner. Check out the DIY-Thread for this.
Or you can let me send it to burnin, a creator of a Miner that works with the chips and is willing to create the miners for you. His thread is here: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service
He thinks about a miner with 10 chips for an assembly price of 80€ and a miner with 20 chips for 100€. (price isnt fully set yet)
Of course you can ask me to send it to any other location, miner producer, your own address or similar.
I created a thread with miner-developers that want to create miners from Avalon asics. The list is incomplete yet but i hope developers will add themselves as soon as they have an offer. List of Avalon-Asic-Miner-Developers

9. The chip details from Avalon homepage:
The relevant information about the chips is available from Avalon here.
Product Description:

the only payment accepted is Bitcoin.
    these chips will be available until at least end of the year, 2013.
    spec and various information is available on the wiki
    the chips being sold are packaged and tested.
    the lead time on the chips is 9 to 10 weeks.
    made to order from TSMC foundry and then packaged and shipped.
    the minimum order quantity is 10,000 chips and the maximum order quantity is 200,000.
    the chips are identical to those in Avalon, clocking 282Mh/s per chip.
    (taken out of description) the password is “I understand and agree”.
    communication protocol, reference board design provided in early May.
    everything will be open source from FPGA to PCB design.
    sample chips will be provided 4 weeks into ordering.
    we do not offer technical support of any kind, this is final.
    if you do not know what to do with the packaged chips, please do not purchase.

10. Pricing
A: I am asking for a 9.9% surplus for my nerves (risk compensation). the 10k chips totaled to 782.1BTC, which results to a resale price of 0.086BTC / chip.

B: Like zefir i have to get a fee for shipping the chips too. Zefir takes $20 processing fee per shipping, regardless of how many chips ordered. I will need only $10 as a fiat based component to cover expenses, including package hardware for shipping, custom handling fees and, if needed cost for outsourcing if time is of essence. On top there is the shipping cost needed to ship your package to the location you want it at. You can chose the type of shipment when there is a choice to choose between security and higher price. This fee is not per order but per shipment. I think thats fair and even better than the original offer.

C: In the case that the shipment from avalon is stopped by customs and a fee has to be paid to get the chips back, all buyers of the batch pay the needed fee to free the batches according to the amount of chips a buyer owns in the batches. No additional fee is taken for this.

D: If you are willing to ship to a miner developer like burnin the shipping fee will be split through all buyers that want their chips sent to him. This should lead to a very low shipment cost.

E: The fiat fee will be paid once the chips arrive and i got your target address. It doesnt have to be paid in fiat, Bitcoin is fine too. Its only calculated in fiat to be independent from bitcoin exchange price.

11. Reservation
No reservations. If you pay and give me the details youre in. Reservations wouldnt be fair against the others. And as long as its possible to order chips there will be a new batch created everytime. The blockchain is the indisputable proof of your payment.

12. Ordering
A: A lead time of 10+ weeks in the current sentiment takes ages. We can right now observe the dramatic exchange rate fluctuations, and we might also see some of the competing ASIC manufacturers succeed and flood the market with cheaper solutions. Before you order, please do your risk analysis.

B: If you still want to buy and are fine with the above pricing model, then you will have to participate in the risk and pay your order upfront. If you understood the risk-factors you should clearly understand why I can't afford to charge you in 10 weeks.

C: There is one common payment address per batch. The actual address is: 1Aq1Kt6LBPgXxzq86DPwoZHAM83iAKb9H3 Only send from an address you can sign a message with. Otherwise a dispute cant be won. How to sign/verify messages?.
Why verify messages? In case another person claims that your payment is his payment you have to be able to prove that the address you sent from is yours.
Make sure you copied the correct address before clicking on send. Compare first, last and some middle digits of the copied address to prevent errors.
If one wants to test verification of messages, here is the data needed to verify that the above address is connected to my forums username (its my donation jar in my signature):
Code: (Adress)
196L73v3G5Cx9rGgDr92yPLvavDJXXWrz6
DAS IST NICHT DIE GRUPPENKAUFADRESSE!
Code: (Message)
SebastianJu
Code: (Signature)
HP0LwMMLrKme1bfzxdQLE7/melW6/gOxv7IZsfgwqr66nHvrv7BBt5d4mxXYcCsLhiY2fC7OMJXAuqibrof4jo0=
Fast Check at: Verify Message

13. To buy
A:
  • select your number of chips N in steps of 1, starting from one, with no maximum chips
  • send the total amount (C = N * 0.086) to the given address
  • post or PM (if you want to stay anonymous) me your order in the following format:
    <forum nick>; <N>; <C>; <sending address>
    ensure the sending address is under your control, so you can sign with it in case of disputes. How to sign/verify messages?.
    if your wallet application does not let you select the sending address and sends from multiple, please post only one of them (and keep the address for a while)
  • Sign your username as message (see point 13B). Its still time to verify until the chips are delivered but its good to have it done in the meantime.

B: SIGNING/VERIFYING
  • Copy the sending address from which you sent with to the group buy. If you mean that the sending address doesnt look like yours its probably a change address. This address is yours of course when you sent bitcoins with it. If you dont know the address then go to the transaction, where you sent bitcoins to the group buy, and check the details. There is a transaction-id. Copy this t-id and put it into the form field at blockchain.info. Then you can see the sending address(es) you sent the bitcoins with.
  • Choose "sign messages" in your wallet.
  • Copy the sending address in the field at the top where the address has to be.
  • Put your forums username in the message field. (If possible use only your username and not more signs or words to prevent errors while sending the info via pm or while verifying.)
  • Click at sign.
  • The signatur IS NOT stored in bitcoin network (blockchain) and isn't automatically transmitted to me. The signation only creates data, the signature, that is the long string at the bottom that ends to =. In order i can verify the sending address you need to send me the signature. See next point.
  • Create a pm and set up two code tags. Like this here:
Example-Code-Tag (Created with BBCode, that is the number sign on top of PMs or Posts while creating them):
Code:
This rectangle is a code-tag created with the hash-button above
the textfield when creating a pm or a post.
Put the message and the signature each in such tag.
  • The code tags are important so that while sending the pm no wrong signs come to it that could make the message or the signature faulty.
  • In the first codetag put in the signed message, for example your username. IMPORTANT: Upper- and Lowercase does matter. You have to verify the exact same text you used for signing.
  • In the second codetag put in the created signature. Please be careful to copy all signs of the signature. For example use ctrl+A to mark all signs, then ctrl+C to copy them.
  • Go to Verify signed messages via website and put in your username (your message) and your signature into the fields. To be sure all is copied correctly first go in the field with the mouse, click ctrl+A to mark all the old text, then click ctrl+V to overwrite all marked text. Klick "Verify Message" and see that the sending address comes out that you signed the message with.
  • If that happened successfully send the pm.
  • As soon as i verified the signature and message and got the correct sending address out of it you will be verified.
  • Who is using armory knows that the result of signing is different. Its a block of text. Simply send me that block. I can verify it.
  • Here a video tutorial to sign with the normal Wallet: Bitcoin-QT signing (Thanks to Foofighter)
  • Here a video tutorial to sign with a Onlinewallet: blockchain.info wallet signing (Thanks to Foofighter)

C: The buying window opens now and doesnt have an end as of now.

D: If there is more demand than the actual batch can hold, then the additional bitcoins move to the next batch, to order an additional 10k chip, given they are in stock. The coins moved to the next batch can be refunded of course if the buyer doesnt want to wait for the next batch.

14. Confirmation of order
No personal confirmation will be given. If you want to check wait for the next list with orders and search your address. If somethings not right inform me. But the list is the confirmation.

15. Who should buy and who should not
A: Please note that this chip distribution is meant for DIY folks and for users that know where to let the chips be assembled into a miner. That is, if you want to build your own mining boards, either from scratch or based on the reference design Avalon announced to release in May. Of course you can let the chips be forwarded to a developer of your choice.  (burnin, allten, or whoever decides to work on a ASIC product). Even though they will have some chips to sell their miners you can give them your chips to let them implement in a miner.

B: You can order chips either if you plan to develop your own mining board, or want to buy a ready-to-mine assembled from other developers / manufacturers. In the latter case, with your order you secure the chips from the current batch and decide where to send them for assembly when they arrive.

16. Escrow
I did not offer escrow for 2 reasons: as soon as the payments fill up to 782.1 BTC, I'll order another batch. No idea how long the chips will be in stock, but I would like to act fast.
The second reason is that i dont see how an escrow could provide higher security here. I worked with john as an escrow in the past though.

17. Shipment
A: The chips will be forwarded to your desired address as soon as I receive them and you paid the fiat component mentioned above.
Example:

Batch 1 Order 95 20 Chips to burnin 30 Chips to <your address>
or
Batch 2 Order 102 3 Chips dont ship
Batch 3 Order 105 27 Chips + Batch 2 Order 102 3 Chips to burnin
or
Batch 2 Order 107 40 Chips I will come to pick up.

Simple write me so that i know where your chips should be going to. Of course you have to have the sending address verified for the order.

I will put a list to the shipments to the assembler. This list contains the batchnumber, the ordernumber, the sending address and the amount of chips that are shipped from this order.

B: Orders of >=1000 chips are sent first. All chips, regardless of the amount, will be sent as fast as possible and help will be hired to make this happen.

18. Communication
I live in Germany (Timezone). Ill try to communicate as fast as possible. Of course i dont have time everytime. Please be patient when im not around for some time.

Thank you!
Sebastian

Batch 1 Orderstatus: Click
Batch 2 Orderstatus: Click
Batch 3 Orderstatus: Click
Batch 4 Orderstatus: Click
Batch 5 Orderstatus: Click

Batch 6 Orderstatus:

Quote from: Orderstatus
IDChipsBTCAddressTarget address known?Billing address known?Notice
1Bgu2w4vBTXDDkpWkjAeomVnRRYASnCaJVburnin
1BefZzAfDHVEesTFnSz2jG4vs7GGoVofMkburninYesMultiple Order J
1AeFFz4p7c6xHbMFMyzpuPH9gaz3H4zJz9burninMultiple Order D
1AvL64tDVNSkbzqhgTP8dwasNcURWRzxhAburninYesMultiple Order B
1GoMqAt2CSghfrnFj7BEu8Ue4vA4XE3dwCburninYes
19ibed8sA2W4SZosmSmcmf4ZfqyvsKDyfYes
1LatypiKvNsaZQdMQA6ittE6Qrj7MFUis3NoBuyer needed the BTC back
1PCQqbmQ6U9nG1jVymtjgeUSZ4bTT3gzwburninMultiple Order H
1KANw49tdE1kLPSiL4KM3n3x8jQ6gT7TWeburnin
1AxhMXRdhhMXzC97SAbPFYGHFzpPdU2ihjburninYes
1NZACqz5Qfmr8UCF29pQ3XtsnTmCZVqC9hNo
1E7k154NLskRqyQ52C7MoCzGuS6EErhDKCYes
16bhjcHuAYNYu6G7frhVfnSPNhnfmmz3jSburninMultiple Order A
Refund-Transaction
14Y6NZMwVxJTTr1LwXNfcDJdF2vd8CMmwuburninMultiple Order O
1CcEpy5y3SmVdsFSGzJ2MQmKQDdq99QAMLburnin
17AAr4dEDhgKfpZB7cC4x5Fk35Nm3A1AE9burninMultiple Order A
12evUi8h6qeG7zaWDducSPeV77P8xkHkr6NoYes
1CZH4mhiVHMJPosRYu4CxHbthKyXfx549SYesMultiple Order E
13BdkS5soix3NsLLthpo23C7V7f9sbZG5nburninYes
16jYgW3cC7zzZm4qjpPd94zK8JMF1hxmj1YesYes
1F9nGbyrpEmoEsm7tf4vHDzJ8iapujJpGDburnin
1Kj9zgzFvZX74eBzyj5ydwvC7XA63FriX7burninMultiple Order K
1EvaWzQGmyBLdjVVohf3z8MTAEXEMWLKwTburninYes
1wiwngJfZNsExRkGtiMfMjrn5okWo6QcyNo
1P8niZboav11mkgF47NxD819Ft4v1oGS4aYesYesMultiple Order M
1AjBad8PT1czn7dco1zTKQJ1XM3g7cH61DburninMultiple Order I
1Q4gbrQ52oe3MyyUM9jKvz75TBuD5W4Nf1burnin
1AvL64tDVNSkbzqhgTP8dwasNcURWRzxhAburninMultiple Order B
15EPFsrwq9ixCnVAWjBoGPb5fA65DJko6EburninYes
Refund-Transaction
16eHusLmxV6g3qgTd6csn8bZNJhNbNLBnpburninYes
1GqPXsFpzgSNmaDZm2DGrSMDj6jniEcoBpburninYesMultiple Order C
1NLHTKFVrLEursfqYxcxGxqEiRGTeCiG7EYesYes
Refund-Transaction
Refund-Transaction
Refund-Transaction
12hRignRGeLZ3asDoWiXa8nP13yNav3HU3burninMultiple Order G
1NQSNHxZEZf2CNLMVWMcs5B1UGByKMNvdfburnin
1itod1vPdh4rCtaJiewNQjd4JnfZw7ZTNburninMultiple Order L
1N3wvo9hpVrbKrLYuHPsjLKTswzq7eYnZfburninMultiple Order F
12ELcUWQf6DjNthwiNGJxVivGx74WeKmvvburnin
1N3e6pH7SrUZUnMfws3Qv8HsGatbZ7HaFKburnin
1GqPXsFpzgSNmaDZm2DGrSMDj6jniEcoBpburninMultiple Order C
1AeFFz4p7c6xHbMFMyzpuPH9gaz3H4zJz9burninMultiple Order D
1KSgRTMWb1drrWu6kZ3qQJPugBNBSTWwhPYesMultiple Order E
17ataVjw6y8ysXn2gVzesGuhLed9xZRyRnburninMultiple Order G
19Z8ZyYUJJySwLt3WHfE3jEgRQQ7p3H1BJburninSold 42 Chips to order 92
1AjBad8PT1czn7dco1zTKQJ1XM3g7cH61DburninMultiple Order I
Refund-Transaction
1Jnb3Y1dAetThbFXj6XCyUi9KxgJt5N5wSstrombom
1PCQqbmQ6U9nG1jVymtjgeUSZ4bTT3gzwburninMultiple Order H
1BefZzAfDHVEesTFnSz2jG4vs7GGoVofMkburninMultiple Order J
1B3dPNk7tCcqAZ59pG2zfduTPfpnB8ZyxGburninSold 40 Chips to order 80, 20 to 81, 40 o 93
1GhFA8Pvsxf7Rx8ztuxNhaNutSqL9xt4ouYesYesMultiple Order N
1QH7ugYM9RvgPvCefxgcmnZkipcbJm3N2HNoYesSold 64 Chips to order 83, 60 to 84, 16 to 85, 40 an 86, 20 an 87, 30 to 88, 10 to 88, 40 to 89, 40 to 90, 50 to 91, 20 to 94, 40 to 95, 20 to 96, 40 to 97
1itod1vPdh4rCtaJiewNQjd4JnfZw7ZTNburninMultiple Order L
17ataVjw6y8ysXn2gVzesGuhLed9xZRyRnburninMultiple Order G
12mXxKahdYnV8oCRu6CDSsZ5uExcgs4yYcYes
1GT2PdkbK3TkoB522aMGQHbd8ARvXhLT8ZYesYes
1LD49ExSFQrfG4RF9uSQWnejZtMPVH9fKHburninYes
1EG4KLZGx6giH1ioAHjubD1cnPfAaiJAcaburninYes
1HTZXyDkkPc9myRCChc8kgA5YPorVK5AFWburnin
1HyzziJ2Xq3fegJZht8d2qwsdH8iRQGcL2Yes
1P8niZboav11mkgF47NxD819Ft4v1oGS4aNoMultiple Order M
1C7BAEUku7JRYwGY9ePHk5nt65bzVCW93vburninYes
1P7kcoticq5xGs4TXx2M6N2BGiewCiXW5rYes
1GhFA8Pvsxf7Rx8ztuxNhaNutSqL9xt4ouYesMultiple Order N
19Z8ZyYUJJySwLt3WHfE3jEgRQQ7p3H1BJburninSold 5 Chips to order 78, 10 to 79, 4 to 82
1KLonyMjBsKgqEmji2E1hE52E4aWHiAxYMYesYesBought  5 Chips from Order 77
14Y6NZMwVxJTTr1LwXNfcDJdF2vd8CMmwuburninBought  10 Chips from Order 77: ultiple Order O
16Pvy7Fh1NUTLj46SXs8k4r7CYy6F2saqjburninBought  40 Chips from Order 57
1MDAnBAVjgcYFHbvUkups9pvcFcZFCUPYUburninYesBought  20 Chips from Order 57
1F1gQtEjAxikkC3TB4GsvziiVRrhHTcYKfYesBought  4 Chips from Order 77
1K1LpqHmTeLtbEt4hXW1uC4UpCZKy9jTPburninYesBought  64 Chips from Order 60
1UeA47cbbbpti4wVWR7hfifLjcMH4P2JjburninBought  60 Chips from Order 60
1BC7gU2vXi6RHVDwHRkJs2qzTY2VQyFKUEYesYesBought  16 Chips from Order 60
1P8BGAqbAe7euZ9ozsieoCJ9AfCc9QZct3burninBought  40 Chips from Order 60
14nMckbsrtMoYYnz2MK7wWoyjc97jVtkedburninBought  20 Chips from Order 60
1E7k154NLskRqyQ52C7MoCzGuS6EErhDKCYesBought  30 Chips from Order 60
1GhFA8Pvsxf7Rx8ztuxNhaNutSqL9xt4ouYesBought  10 Chips from Order 60
1CuV5ZjBvsH8ttvRJu8pj72nrjoTjDgxKvburninYesBought  40 Chips from Order 60
1KgbforwfrYoBYT5QZdn2419qUJaPr8EwaYesBought  50 Chips from Order 60
17i6bo5CRUqPBYGsryLeBaHWBxsH8n9cASburninYesBought  42 Chips from Order 51
17W9uEE1TvPXJaRJX7rZ1FXKbZf4XtHA8qburninYesBought  40 Chips from Order 57
1GhFA8Pvsxf7Rx8ztuxNhaNutSqL9xt4ouYesBought  20 Chips from Order 60
1JTzPEsZQ3qiDcR3fBw4FTGu3LCbgk7dtoburninYesBought  40 Chips from Order 60
1Cku8ZcZ2GqE1wjXJqm9G3mUQJBHTkWyYgburninBought  20 Chips from Order 60
1PHxxakUhb8REw2HcYYsm6X7foJRBC9pGnYesBought  40 Chips from Order 60

Sum:   6000 Chips/ 4000 open

Chiptargets:
Without target:
burnin:
sensei:
szym00:
evilscoop:
strombom:
rypedx:
marto74:
Wait for next batch:
More known targets:

If the billing address is known is only shown once per user in all batches at the first order of the groupbuymember.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:06:22 PM

what is the timeline for shipping?
because Zefir's order status:
#10105    April 24, 2013    Processing    ฿782.10 for 1 item
#10037    April 20, 2013    Chips ordered    ฿782.10 for 1 item
#9921    April 20, 2013    Chips ordered    ฿782.10 for 1 item
#9725    April 16, 2013    Chips ordered    ฿782.10 for 1 item
(means: are we (how) long after 4th batch?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.0
TIA
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 07:13:10 PM

what is the timeline for shipping?
because Zefir's order status:
#10105    April 24, 2013    Processing    ฿782.10 for 1 item
#10037    April 20, 2013    Chips ordered    ฿782.10 for 1 item
#9921    April 20, 2013    Chips ordered    ฿782.10 for 1 item
#9725    April 16, 2013    Chips ordered    ฿782.10 for 1 item
(means: are we (how) long after 4th batch?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.0
TIA

The timeline for shipping is, according to avalon: "the lead time on the chips is 9 to 10 weeks." That means after a batch is paid it will take this time until the chips would be able to send out to the address you chose.
Zefir observed that avalon is waiting some days until it buys a new batch of chips at the foundry. Collecting several orders of 10k chips. So as soon as the BTC needed to buy the batch are ready ill order. The same way zefir is doing it since batch 2.
I suggest using zefirs group buy as long as possible. For further orders this group buy is offered.

conv3rsion

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:57:56 PM

I'm happy that you are doing a buy, but I really got to wonder if Burnin can handle all of the volume that is coming his way.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:54:57 PM

Fair warning: I understand 10% is good compensation, but if you have a day job, reconsider it, as you will be overwhelmed with orders and managing and shipping will be a nightmare. Also since you have allowed 1 chip increment, good luck with that.

Also remember, people will pay you 10%, but then bitch for slightest mistake that may happen unknowingly. So again, best of luck.

However, if you do not have a day job / you are a student - this is the ultimate job you can have. Congrats for that.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 10:53:36 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 11:09:07 PM by SebastianJu

I'm happy that you are doing a buy, but I really got to wonder if Burnin can handle all of the volume that is coming his way.

In fact i wonder that too. Maybe it would be a good idea to visit him and see what he is doing. I might even bring the first batch of chips, ordered here, to him personally.
Someone claimed that he will create 500 units weekly. Im not sure that this is true, but maybe he has some workers with him at the time assembly is started.

But i think it will take some time anyway until the first miners are developed. It can happen that at the time when the chips arrive some other solutions are available. Or that burnin prooved that he can handle it.

I plan to give him a number of chips too from zefirs group buy. At the moment its quite possible i visit him when the chips arrive to check out his "lab". Smiley

Fair warning: I understand 10% is good compensation, but if you have a day job, reconsider it, as you will be overwhelmed with orders and managing and shipping will be a nightmare. Also since you have allowed 1 chip increment, good luck with that.

Also remember, people will pay you 10%, but then bitch for slightest mistake that may happen unknowingly. So again, best of luck.

However, if you do not have a day job / you are a student - this is the ultimate job you can have. Congrats for that.

Thank you. I hope i thought this through good enough. Zefir told me that he has around 300 customers now, i think i can manage this and more. Im in a position to use my jobs time relatively free, because i work from home 95% of the time and i dont have much time to work. It will work out as far as i see it now.
Packaging and all can be bought beforehand. Getting a database with addresses and printing them and so on... i think its manageable. I can get helping hands too if time is of essence. And i have an idea how to get even more helping hands if needed. So i dont really fear the amount of work. But thanks for the warning.

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 05:16:35 AM

Have you already bought and pay for the chips yourself?     or you are just collecting funds to buy the chip?

Remember zsfir bought the chip himself and re-sell to the members.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 06:42:47 AM

Have you already bought and pay for the chips yourself?     or you are just collecting funds to buy the chip?

Remember zsfir bought the chip himself and re-sell to the members.

zefir only bought the first batch of chips. Starting from the second batch he collected the needed BTC first. Ill handle it the same way. Collect until chips are paid for.

Hiroaki

Activity: 404
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 11:09:06 PM

I was also considering to organize a group buy with some friends, but I found we would have a "competitive disadvantage" due to import taxes.
Will you buy the chips as a private person? I assume you will have to pay 19 % import taxes to Germany...
Thus chip price will be ~0.094 BTC (excl. shipping, assembly, pcb)...

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 11:14:08 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 11:40:24 PM by SebastianJu

I was also considering to organize a group buy with some friends, but I found we would have a "competitive disadvantage" due to import taxes.
Will you buy the chips as a private person? I assume you will have to pay 19 % import taxes to Germany...
Thus chip price will be ~0.094 BTC (excl. shipping, assembly, pcb)...

Ill buy them as a private person. In case customs keep the chips the needed fee will be collected like described in point 10C. The fiat fees has to be collected anyway (in btc possible) and the address has to be get so if this fee appears all can be done in one rush.
Ill send you a pm with info about this. It will most probably not be that hard like you think it will be.

f.baasch75

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 03:44:06 PM

as far as I know there will be no import fees from customs - import tax for sure 19%, but no fees
I'm working in a company who imports led tubes and other things from china, which have low fees.
I couldn't find fees concerning chips.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 05:16:57 PM

as far as I know there will be no import fees from customs - import tax for sure 19%, but no fees
I'm working in a company who imports led tubes and other things from china, which have low fees.
I couldn't find fees concerning chips.

Thats correct. I have read the same that no import fees will be done most probably. The import tax wont be much most probably at the end. PM me if you want to get more info...

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 11:04:23 PM

Looks like zefirs group buy ended now. Feel free to use this groupbuy now. Its the same groupbuy like in german subforum to collect more orders.

mazza

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:14:53 AM

burnin will be using companies he has worked with before:

To the ones concerned about production capability:
I can scale it appropriately to demand.
It will be contracted to companies in germany i've worked with for years that meet highest quality standards.
(Avionic and Military)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg1985997#msg1985997

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:06:38 PM

Avalon added a new paragraph to the description that says that samplechips are sent out 4 weeks after ordering. Its unknown how many chips that will be. I suggest that the chips are sent out to the buyers that ordered the biggest amount of chips. If one doesnt need such chip because he doesnt create his own device then the next biggest buyer can get this chip. Everyone gets only one chip so that as many as possible can get one.

Is this acceptable or do you have other suggestions to handle this?

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 10:59:43 PM

I created a thread with miner-developers that want to create miners from Avalon asics. The list is incomplete yet but i hope developers will add themselves as soon as they have an offer. List of Avalon-Asic-Miner-Developers

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:49:20 AM

how many had bought in the group buy?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 06:13:46 AM

Now the first step is taken. Nobody wanted to be the first buyer, thats done now. Lets fill up this batch fast so that it can be ordered...

Batch 1 Orderstatus:

Quote from: Orderstatus
IDChipsBTCAddressNote
0011109.4612HMTWSXTX9aQCBU6kRAZU5MwgNmGr8HjS

Sum:   110 Chips/ 9890 open

I would suggest to move the discussion about the example chips to the time when they reach. At that point we know how many example chips are there and if the reference design of avalon is sufficient or if the example chips has to be used to let create a own miner-design.
Until then no buyer can be sure that he will get an example chip. Even when he bought many chips.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 08:54:11 AM

Like i describe in first post, if someone orders he has to send me a pm or write a forum post about it. Otherwise i dont know who to contact.

Kernel32

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

If you can't do something smart,do something right

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:48:16 AM

The progress is steady and better than I hoped for. The other half should go even better.

European miners are very ASIC-hungry, as they are also the first ones to get togeather a group-buy for the USB Asic Erupter over here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195037.0. I might do some advertising there since a lot of guys are looking for acctual mining device, not novelty product that it mostly is.

I might also do some more spamming over here to keep our cause in the higher places.

1FqMyFU9CH3WST6oRsw6ZjJNZ5ScXANzqi
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: