Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:59:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obsidian ODN - CryptoCurrency & Secure Anonymous Messaging  (Read 92744 times)
Sagemark

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:48:16 PM

"That project is not endorsed or supported by the Stratis team.
So, be careful." From Stratisplatform Slack.

Sorry, just going to repost what I said above because apparently people keep missing this. We definitely don't want anyone to think we are directly affiliated with Stratis in any way. We are simply making use of their open source code. Please see below for my last response:

Again, just to reiterate we are not a Stratis side chain, we are in fact a new platform. Because of this, Stratis would have absolutely no reason to back us in any major way. We love Stratis and admire the codebase they have built, that's why we're making use of it and customizing it as we see fit! That's the beauty of crypto after all.

At some point we hope to be able to say to that Stratis team "hey check out this great platform we've built from your base" and who knows maybe some day it leads to collaborations and advancements for both.

Thanks!
MyMoneyShark

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 08/14/17

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:21:01 PM

Sorry, just going to repost what I said above because apparently people keep missing this. We definitely don't want anyone to think we are directly affiliated with Stratis in any way. We are simply making use of their open source code. Please see below for my last response:

Again, just to reiterate we are not a Stratis side chain, we are in fact a new platform. Because of this, Stratis would have absolutely no reason to back us in any major way. We love Stratis and admire the codebase they have built, that's why we're making use of it and customizing it as we see fit! That's the beauty of crypto after all.

At some point we hope to be able to say to that Stratis team "hey check out this great platform we've built from your base" and who knows maybe some day it leads to collaborations and advancements for both.

Thanks!
Thnx, now i get it Smiley
Looking to pre-sale, thinking.
But i didnt get, when pre-sale starts?
And what amount of investments is a minimum?

SpectivVR                                                Crowdsale: 8/14 - 9/4
VR Streaming Platform & Attention Markets                  [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Slack  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Medium  |  Facebook  |  Instagram
Sagemark

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:23:38 PM

Thanks!
Thnx, now i get it Smiley
Looking to pre-sale, thinking.
But i didnt get, when pre-sale starts?
And what amount of investments is a minimum?

I don't suppose we are going to have a minimum actually. As far as start time we're planning on making an announcement for presale sometime today and then get it going 24 hours from that announcement. We'll surely keep everyone updated as we have more definitive answers.
Crypto_Rocki

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:04:54 PM

How to be in tune to do not miss that pre-sale??? Is there any email or other notification provided?
onedeveloper (OP)

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:32:02 PM

How to be in tune to do not miss that pre-sale??? Is there any email or other notification provided?

Presale will be posted in this ANN, the Slack and other relevant social media like Facebook and Twitter (links in the ANN) Smiley
onedeveloper (OP)

Activity: 143

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:34:59 PM

New slack invite link .. don't miss out! Smiley

https://join.slack.com/obsidianproject/shared_invite/MjA4NTI3NjcwNTEzLTE0OTkzNzY5NjAtYjA1Zjc2YjI4OQ
Sagemark

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:05:06 PM

Hey everyone we've added our Presale countdown!

http://obsidianplatform.com/ico.html
szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:46:12 AM

13 hours left to start presale.
superquaid

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:29:58 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 06:22:38 PM by superquaid

Hi there everyone!

Following some excellent questions in our official Obsidian Platform Slack we have decided to share some key Q&A in advance of the pre-sale.

Does the Obsidian Platform have a plan for mainstream adoption?

It is our goal to achieve mainstream adoption of the Obsidian Secure Messenger, that is going beyond crypto space and evolving OSM into a multi-platform application for smartphone use like Signal or WhatsApp. Consequently, the coin that powers the Obsidian network economy must find equally broad adoption as a token for payments in general.

How many initial ODN coins will there be, and how is that effected by PoS rewards?

There will be a total coin emission of 98 million ODN for the ICO. Staking rewards are 10% of the initial amount of coins, i.e. 9.8 million per year. We plan to change the reward model later when we have gathered additional data about the obsidian network economy. Ideally we'd like to come to a zero-inflation and incentify node owners by transaction fees only.

Is ODN "The One Coin To Rule Them All"?

“The One Coin To Rule Them All” - will there be any coin that achieves this feat? We can imagine that the future will see a multitude of widely used coins, such as we see many fiat currencies in the world today. I believe, quick exchange from one currency to the other, perhaps in-wallet, might  be where we are going. Owning a bundle or portfolio of crypto currencies seems economically reasonable to me, as it reduces total risk. It's also possible that crypto currencies take off in such a way, and I hope that, so then one blockchain can never be enough to provide the total capacity needed.

Will ODN have smart contracts like Ethereum?

Stratis will also be implementing a solution for smart contracts, based on dotnet. However, we in general consider that smart contracts, at least on the main chain, are not yet a fully proven concept. We will likely approach this from the side, and they would initially be introduced based on actual use cases, (for OSM in particular), we want to enable with them.

Will ODN be minted in perpetuity?

No. Our current concept is to reduce inflation to zero over the next three years, possibly in less time than that. The high staking reward is in place initially to encourage rapid growth and build a strong foundation network, will the help of a wide range of stakers, large and small.

What is the innovation story for the ODN coin?

A key innovation with our ODN coin is as follows. We believe that we have already chosen an exceptionally good base - Stratis, which is in turn based on Bitcoin. We plan to maintain this connection and steadily pull all proven innovations from these sources to ODN, too. Examples include SegWit and Lightning networks. In addition, we will review the features which may improve our application(s) and services, such as enabling very lightweight mobile wallets in the Obsidian Secure Messenger (OSM).

We really appreciate all the early community involvement which we continue to warmly welcome. Look forward to speaking with you all. Good luck in our ODN pre-sale!

dE7ERV

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 12:42:30 AM

Due to technical difficulties, the presale is delayed by 3 days. They found an issue with the validation rules and are going to recheck everything.
The sale must be secure so they felt compelled to delay the presale.

Get some sleep, european peeps Smiley
frankkkkkkk

Activity: 594
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:36:49 AM

Is this the first Stratis fork?Where can i find the roadmap?
JShade5

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:30:45 AM

Is this the first Stratis fork?Where can i find the roadmap?

https://obsidianplatform.com/#roadmap
MyMoneyShark

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:08:31 PM

Who's supporting your project, guys?
Cant see any company there.
Also button - About us, insnt working, seems strange....
Most of the team, looks to me shady, dunno why.
No linkedIn, to twitters, no nothing.
I feel like i'm loosing my mood about trying to get in.
Or my worries are wrong? N why?

BitcoinTalk  |  Slack  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Medium  |  Facebook  |  Instagram
Sagemark

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:53:20 PM

Who's supporting your project, guys? I don't understand this question. We are funding and developing it ourselves at this time. We are incorporated in the UK and all our legal info is at the bottom of the website. The bottom of this link even has our address of business https://obsidianplatform.com/documents/PrivacyPolicy-ObsidianPlatformLimited.pdf
Cant see any company there.
Also button - About us, insnt working, seems strange.... It is working, it's just a navigation button
Most of the team, looks to me shady, dunno why.
No linkedIn, to twitters, no nothing.
CEO linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/petermcclory/?ppe=1
Some public git from Raides, one of our head devs https://github.com/nitroxido/AutodefPHP
Alan Sheston linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/alansheston/

We do have some members who prefer to stay anonymous (thus is the world of crypto) but for the most part we are very transparent.
I feel like i'm loosing my mood about trying to get in.
Or my worries are wrong? N why?

Answers above. I hope that helps. Join our slack and if you have any questions I'm sure we can help you out.  Grin
kaycyrpto23

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:00:29 PM

i hope you have an official telegram group so that i can join and keep update the ico  Smiley
qzpm

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:11:59 PM

Can you make a telegram? In there we can communicate easily, I am a bit confused using slack
Sagemark

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:22:08 PM

Can you make a telegram? In there we can communicate easily, I am a bit confused using slack

Hey guys we just opened our telegram chat. We'll add it to the main ANN post as soon as we can Smiley

https://t.me/Obsidianplatform

Thanks for the request!
MyMoneyShark

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:39:14 PM

Okay.
I get it.
Ok, pre sale will be started on 10th July?
I'll keep my eye on it.
Still thinking.
But i really like that thing about anonymous messanger.
If i'll use it, my country will not get into my talks then, right?
Kinda telegram? Tongue

dE7ERV

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:02:04 AM

Okay.
I get it.
I'll keep my eye on it.
Still thinking.
Kinda telegram? Tongue

No, the messages will not be stored on the servers, just passed to the recipient. Once it's relayed, it's removed from the servers.
Nobody will be able to read the content of the servers on top of it's high quality encryption
Sagemark

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:30:08 AM

Okay.
I get it.
I'll keep my eye on it.
Still thinking.
Kinda telegram? Tongue

No, the messages will not be stored on the servers, just passed to the recipient. Once it's relayed, it's removed from the servers.
Nobody will be able to read the content of the servers on top of it's high quality encryption

Oh you're good! Want a job?  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: