Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:36:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to mining  (Read 1205 times)
siker (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:40:27 AM

hey there im new to bitcoins, new to mining...

so i have been doing some research, and what not, and would like to try this whole mining thing. i figure i would just play around on my computer and go from there..

so i have been downloading different mining software, and watching tutorials, but nothing seems to be working right. I cant get to the actual mining part. i started with GUI miner. but non of the servers seem to work..

downloaded awesome miner.. and that was wayyyy over my head.

is there a miner that is easy to use, simple and can start mining right away?

Yes i know that it uses power, but i am currently running a few games in the background 24/7 anyways so its nbd to me at this point.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 06:50:37 AM

so i have been doing some research, and what not, and would like to try this whole mining thing. i figure i would just play around on my computer and go from there..

so i have been downloading different mining software, and watching tutorials, but nothing seems to be working right. I cant get to the actual mining part. i started with GUI miner. but non of the servers seem to work..

Yes i know that it uses power, but i am currently running a few games in the background 24/7 anyways so its nbd to me at this point.

There is no point in CPU or GPU mining. If you had a latest gen production server (XEON cores, fast memory,...) equipped with 6 latest gen GPU's, and you let it run 24/7 for a full year, you'd make less than $10/year in BTC...
I did the math a while ago, but i'm to lazy to look up the exact thread... Anyways, mining with your desktop PC 24/7 will make you less than a dollar a year...

All that software you download for mining on your PC has been obsolete for years... Even if the dev recompiled recent versions, there is no way you'd be able to get a single share on a pool, and the odds of mining a block solo are astronomically small (allmost nonexistent)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ruclassic

Activity: 96
Merit: 100

RUcoin - Revolution on Universe

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 10:45:25 AM

There is no point in CPU or GPU mining. If you had a latest gen production server (XEON cores, fast memory,...) equipped with 6 latest gen GPU's, and you let it run 24/7 for a full year, you'd make less than $10/year in BTC...
I did the math a while ago, but i'm to lazy to look up the exact thread... Anyways, mining with your desktop PC 24/7 will make you less than a dollar a year...

All that software you download for mining on your PC has been obsolete for years... Even if the dev recompiled recent versions, there is no way you'd be able to get a single share on a pool, and the odds of mining a block solo are astronomically small (allmost nonexistent)
You can use pool Mining. That one is simple. Also you can mining easily.

● Virtual Reality Industry                                             Get profit from 1st day of ICO.
VR in Psychotherapy | VR in the Military                        ANN Thread|Facebook|Twitter
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:08:50 AM

It does not matter. If you try to mine bitcoin in a pool using your CPU or GPU it'll still take decades before you mined enough BTC to even reach the minimum withdrawal limit. So, eventough it might be simple and easy to mine with your CPU/GPU (wich i doubt, but to be honest, i haven't tried in a very long time), it's defenately not worth the effort.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 01:23:22 PM

It does not matter. If you try to mine bitcoin in a pool using your CPU or GPU it'll still take decades before you mined enough BTC to even reach the minimum withdrawal limit. So, eventough it might be simple and easy to mine with your CPU/GPU (wich i doubt, but to be honest, i haven't tried in a very long time), it's defenately not worth the effort.

This is true, mining in CPU or GPU will take you for a long long time well unless if you have 4 1080 GTX GPU then you have chances but it would take long time if you don't. Also, mining pools now has minimum withdrawal and also they have mining fees that will just waste your time on mining. I myself tried on mining and I downloaded claymore this is kinda complicated but if you search through it its easy to use. I'm mining LBC but it is taking so long for 2 weeks i think i only get 8 LBC because I don't leave my computer running night and day I just turn it on during morning when i'm using it also I'm doing dual mining that's might be also the reason why I'm not getting so much hashrate. Well honestly its not worth it but its a worth a try just for experience.  Wink
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:00:14 PM

I tried my computer. I have an old video card R7 200 series and regular 4-core processor AMD. I got an average of 50-80 cents a day. The temperature of the graphics card doesn't exceed 63 degrees Celsius. So that your calculations are incorrect. This of course does not mean that you can do it your income, but I did it for the truth.
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 03:05:40 PM

I tried my computer. I have an old video card R7 200 series and regular 4-core processor AMD. I got an average of 50-80 cents a day. The temperature of the graphics card doesn't exceed 63 degrees Celsius. So that your calculations are incorrect. This of course does not mean that you can do it your income, but I did it for the truth.

you are in the bitcoin mining subforum... Please prove that you make 50-80 cents/day mining with an old GPU, cause i don't think this is possible...
I did the full math a while back, and even with a xeon server and 6 high end graphic cards, you'd make about $10/year...

If you are mining altcoins, things change, but this is the bitcoin mining subforum...

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Non-specialized_hardware_comparison
R7 : not in the list, but the best graphic card generates 0.8 Gh/s
AMD processor: don't know which one, but the best (an opteron) mines at 0.1 Gh/s

Combined, it would be very hard to believe you're mining at more than 0.9 Gh/s
https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=0.9&p=2600.00&pc=0.0&pf=0.00&d=708659466230.33200000&r=12.50000000&er=2598.40000000&hc=0.00

At this diff, block reward and price, that equals 0.00012 BTC/year... This is $0.3 at current price

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 04:18:04 PM

You can try panda miner. They are easily availed from the online website of the vendor. The miner is complete set up of hardware plus software and you have to just plug and play the miner. The manual comes with full description (as per sites instruction) but you don't really have to go through it as it is claimed to be plug and play kinda miner. I seen their thread on this forum but I will post the link if I find it again. It's Panda miner you try searching on google.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 04:29:33 PM

And I believe antminer s9 will also become obsolete after bitmain releases new miner, which I believe will be in the markets pretty soon.
Right now only ASICS are the ones which can mine bitcoins, gpu/cpu are not even to make ROI.

michaelbatan

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:43:55 PM

I'm new to mining, firstly I have tried to mine the Bitcoin from my PC later I realized it's not a profitable thing due to low harsh rate and the high cost of electricity I was able to get least Satoshi sometime.
sahiaman

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:45:08 PM

due to my past experiences, I can say that the pool mining is the best step for the beginner in bitcoin mining.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 09:32:38 PM

I'm new to mining, firstly I have tried to mine the Bitcoin from my PC later I realized it's not a profitable thing due to low harsh rate and the high cost of electricity I was able to get least Satoshi sometime.
Mining from pc isn't advised at all, the payouts are even less than that of faucets and you will never be able to make considerable amount of money.
If you want to mine from pc, I suggest you to move on to altcoins with other algo.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:13:05 PM

Enough.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: [1]