Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:52:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Drop of hashrate for Polaris cards incoming  (Read 13859 times)
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:55:55 AM

"upgrade" to 1070s which, by the way, aren't really any better than RX470/570

The GTX 1070 is slightly better than any RX series on ETH - but it shines a LOT better on other coins like ZEC.
 It will also have better resale value down the road once the current "shortage-driven gouge pricing" collapses.

IMO if you can sell off an RX 470/480/570/580 for close to the cost of a GTX 1070 you ARE doing yourself a long-term favor by moving up that way while you can.

On the other hand, finding GTX 1070s at anywhere near MSRP has gotten almost as difficult the last 2 weeks as finding RX 470/480/570/580 for the last 2 months or so has been....

Keep in mind that while ETH might command a small majority of all GPUs currently in use, it's NOT all of crypto or even close - and a lot of other coins perform MUCH better on NVidia hardware at this time.

I can understand the "already have the card, just keep it going" concept though, and not saying there is anything WRONG with that.

I do agree man, just feel like the few extra hashes aren't worth the hassle of flooding the local market with some used 470s, too many people are already trying to take advantage of the shortage.

I just received 6 MSI RX570 4G Gaming X I ordered end of may and I got another 7 that are supposed to arrive in about a week. Got the cards for ~200$. From what I can see, some large stocks of AMD cards are starting to arrive, I'd say mid-july will be a nice time to shop for some GPUs again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
comp

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:59:14 AM

The GTX 1070 is slightly better than any RX series on ETH - but it shines a LOT better on other coins like ZEC.
 It will also have better resale value down the road once the current "shortage-driven gouge pricing" collapses.

IMO if you can sell off an RX 470/480/570/580 for close to the cost of a GTX 1070 you ARE doing yourself a long-term favor by moving up that way while you can.

On the other hand, finding GTX 1070s at anywhere near MSRP has gotten almost as difficult the last 2 weeks as finding RX 470/480/570/580 for the last 2 months or so has been....

Keep in mind that while ETH might command a small majority of all GPUs currently in use, it's NOT all of crypto or even close - and a lot of other coins perform MUCH better on NVidia hardware at this time.

I can understand the "already have the card, just keep it going" concept though, and not saying there is anything WRONG with that.

I do agree man, just feel like the few extra hashes aren't worth the hassle of flooding the local market with some used 470s, too many people are already trying to take advantage of the shortage.

I just received 6 MSI RX570 4G Gaming X I ordered end of may and I got another 7 that are supposed to arrive in about a week. Got the cards for ~200$. From what I can see, some large stocks of AMD cards are starting to arrive, I'd say mid-july will be a nice time to shop for some GPUs again!

Why would you want to extend rigs when the era of mining is just about coming to and end?
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:02:30 AM

Your order in May just arrived. It is a long wait.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
JustCauseBIH

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 08:06:57 AM

One era stop, another kicks in Smiley
chohav

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:00:34 AM

Coming to an end? Can't count the times I've read this.
How do you know it's coming to an end? Because ETH price is going down?
Even if this is the end of mining, I am sure you can't know it.
comp

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:42:07 AM

Overcapacity of miners looking for something else to mine after ETH mining becomes first unprofitable and next not possible to mine. With as a result very rapid difficulty rises for other coins that are not matched by insane gains for these coins which will render mining these coins unprofitable in no time if this rise is not accompanied by rapid coin value growth.

The space is satturated, both with hashing power and coins. No trippling of market caps so not sure where you think mining profitability is coming from (in case of no free electricity)

There is no major pow coin on the horizon to replace ETH with a chance to follow the same bubblepath as ETH. Hypes usually kill themselves which also holds for the mining hype.
chohav

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 10:44:40 AM

Overcapacity of miners looking for something else to mine after ETH mining becomes first unprofitable and next not possible to mine. With as a result very rapid difficulty rises for other coins that are not matched by insane gains for these coins which will render mining these coins unprofitable in no time if this rise is not accompanied by rapid coin value growth.

The space is satturated, both with hashing power and coins. No trippling of market caps so not sure where you think mining profitability is coming from (in case of no free electricity)

There is no major pow coin on the horizon to replace ETH with a chance to follow the same bubblepath as ETH. Hypes usually kill themselves which also holds for the mining hype.

Yep, not the first time we have overcapacity of miners. Not the first time when profit is going down rapidly. Not the first there isn't any good POW alternative.
And we see this since 2011 almost every year.
comp

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:29:19 AM

Yep, not the first time we have overcapacity of miners. Not the first time when profit is going down rapidly. Not the first there isn't any good POW alternative.
And we see this since 2011 almost every year.

Problem of humans is that they think the future will be the same as the past. That is certainly the case when money is at stake
Raziel87

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:50:04 AM

all the cries about Ethereum.. DAG bomb.. F*** Ethereum.. mine something else. If it's not the hashrate drop then it's the POS switch..  Lips sealed if it's not that then it's something else.
comp

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 11:56:01 AM

all the cries about Ethereum.. DAG bomb.. F*** Ethereum.. mine something else. If it's not the hashrate drop then it's the POS switch..  Lips sealed if it's not that then it's something else.

It's not about ethereum it's the hashpower that starts to run that will kill mining profitability in no time for all other coins.
Raziel87

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:03:46 PM

It's not about ethereum it's the hashpower that starts to run that will kill mining profitability in no time for all other coins.

True, market is super saturated... Good thing i'm into other coins besides Eth. aww.. my poor GPU rig which will run out soon I guess  Roll Eyes
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:21:16 PM

I like all this, eth price going to hell, noobs buying millions of usd in hardware and difficulty is rising, profit is 250% down, ice age coming, reduction coming, and in few weeks profit will be 1000% down so all this means that noobs will finally have a reason to commit suicide.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Arnoldent

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 12:28:05 PM

I like all this, eth price going to hell, noobs buying millions of usd in hardware and difficulty is rising, profit is 250% down, ice age coming, reduction coming, and in few weeks profit will be 1000% down so all this means that noobs will finally have a reason to commit suicide.

If it affects most people, then it is not a problem.
JustCauseBIH

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:33:10 PM

@metroid is spamer, ignore him Smiley

He probably have rig or two, and does not want any new "noobs" in mining world, cuz that mean less $$ for his ass. I bet he is crying every time he see diff increase and eth price change Cheesy
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 05:19:28 PM

Yeah, everybody mine ETH as much as you can :3

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:37:58 PM

Yeah, everybody mine ETH as much as you can :3

No thanks, my "more NVidia than not" farm makes quite a bit more mining other stuff on the NVidia cards.

The R9 290s though like ETH....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: