Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining $5.80 per day on a single 1070?  (Read 5347 times)
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

All coins make the same amount of profit per day. People use monitors that monitor profitability and they switch to the most profitable coin to make an extra %'s.

No secret to this. Unless the coin is unlisted and then nobody mines it, but that's a gamble.

They don't all really earn the same amount. If you choose the right one and the value goes up dramatically then it's more profitable. I remember getting in on Zetacoin years ago and making a tidy profit on that, and that was back in the old Block Erupter days Smiley

What you are talking about is speculation.

But at the current market rates and current difficulties all coins have the same profitability.
No it doesnt since coins do have different values and do have different difficulties on mining it which means profits or earnings cant really be the same and also it depends on which GPU would you use. $5.80 per days on 1070  seems fine to me and i assume hes mining ETH or ZEC (no one knows since he didnt mentioned in the very fist place). Just try out another coin and simply compare them you will see what i mean.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:14:23 AM

All coins make the same amount of profit per day. People use monitors that monitor profitability and they switch to the most profitable coin to make an extra %'s.

No secret to this. Unless the coin is unlisted and then nobody mines it, but that's a gamble.

I don't get the "jump to mining the currently profitable coin" technique... seems like over time that would be less profitable because it relies on ability to mine coin faster than the difficulty rises with the value, and that's an ability most people don't have unless they're using large mining operations or have lots of cloud hashing power.

How many coins you can mine in how much time on your hardware seems to be the most relevant factor in deciding what to mine, then you calculate how much profit the coin you can mine the fastest will net you for that period of time based on the current difficulty trend in order to determine whether it's worth it over time or not.  

It makes no sense to mine based on what coin is the most profitable to sell on an exchange, that's only immediately relevant for those who already have coins to sell. If you're still trying to mine that coin rather than exchange it, the current price, while indicative of future trending value, may be entirely wrong in determining what coin to mine in the present.  The value and difficulty will rise and fall long before you have a chance to sell unless you're selling the same day you mine them which also seems like a bad strategy for a coin with a rising value (which is presumably what's happening based on the initial premise of this method).  

I guess a sucker's born every minute though.
cshelswell

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 03:32:16 AM

They don't all really earn the same amount. If you choose the right one and the value goes up dramatically then it's more profitable. I remember getting in on Zetacoin years ago and making a tidy profit on that, and that was back in the old Block Erupter days Smiley

yeah, remeber that too, 10 blockerupters mining solo Smiley

Haha yeah it was awesome, couldn't stop the ZET's rolling in Smiley - didn't last too long before other folk jumped on it though

bmf2017

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 04:51:21 PM

No it doesnt since coins do have different values and do have different difficulties on mining it which means profits or earnings cant really be the same and also it depends on which GPU would you use. $5.80 per days on 1070  seems fine to me and i assume hes mining ETH or ZEC (no one knows since he didnt mentioned in the very fist place). Just try out another coin and simply compare them you will see what i mean.

5.80 per card?   really???

This doesn't add up at all, it just doesn't.

one 1070 at 25MH/s, right now whattomine shows feathercoin at 3.08 a dayu.

He is claiming almost 2x that.    Seeing how many coins are not shown in the what to mine math, i see how this is possible now, but its a tedious exercise to figure this out I assume, though well worth it assuming you can actually discover a better one to mine,  but you can't know until you actually sample mine and see how it turns out right?
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

Last month it was $5.

Whattomine does not count OC but you're right, no way he doubled stock.

Ambros

Activity: 653

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:37:44 PM

5.80 per card?   really???

This doesn't add up at all, it just doesn't.

one 1070 at 25MH/s, right now whattomine shows feathercoin at 3.08 a dayu.

He is claiming almost 2x that.    Seeing how many coins are not shown in the what to mine math, i see how this is possible now, but its a tedious exercise to figure this out I assume, though well worth it assuming you can actually discover a better one to mine,  but you can't know until you actually sample mine and see how it turns out right?

Sometimes you spot a coin that is not listed and you mine more than double than the best coin on whattomine or other calculators. That's how it works Cheesy
Anyway right not the profitability is decreased, but since a few days ago 5$ were normal
oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 06:55:38 PM

i think know what coin he has been mining if he's not just Bs'ing haha as i have been mining one with same profitbility, tho i could have swore PoW only started around March for my coin...

there's coins, you just gotta find them, and their usually Nvidia algo dominate (in my experience)

Also, keep in mind we dont really SAY these coins publically, as it causes a doggypile on it (as you can understand), which destroys all profits

also, the MOST profitable coins are NEVER on what to mine  Cool   --  remember that    (unless your a big farm then just stick to main coins haha)

Do you find such coins in Russian forums or what Smiley

Still searching and searching. One day maybe...
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:24:49 PM

in 3 weeks or so, a single gtx 1070 will be making $0.75 per day and then you will remember when it was making $5.80, I do hope you mined ropecoin, that will be very valuable hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Ambros

Activity: 653

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:31:46 PM

in 3 weeks or so, a single gtx 1070 will be making $0.75 per day and then you will remember when it was making $5.80, I do hope you mined ropecoin, that will be very valuable hehe

What's your predictions based on?
Beucase I really doubt it. It would be 1/3 of what's doing today, that means the difficulty tripled or price reduced by three times.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:35:08 PM

I'm down to $5 per 1080ti...

Same here.
Alternative

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

$5.80 a day before power costs sound doable to me for sure if you're on the right coin. $5.80 per day after power costs is still probably doable, although although if he's been mining the same coin since Jan. I doubt it's been $5.80 the entire time.... there are certainly plenty of coins that aren't well known so I am inclined to say his story is definitely plausible.

Yeah, that is possible, but as you pointed it out, he for sure has not been doing it for a long time, and in case he just started, that will not last long for sure !
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:39:43 PM

What's your predictions based on?
Beucase I really doubt it. It would be 1/3 of what's doing today, that means the difficulty tripled or price reduced by three times.

Based on common sense, reality, you trolls should stop living a lie, a fantasied world. Keep watching and you will learn something after this.

bmf2017

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:08:57 PM

why?  because of vega?

it will take longer than 3 weeks for enough vega's to start mining but when they do forget it...
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:11:16 PM

A lot of these doomsayers are probably full of shit. It will continue to decline but 2013 was due to a massive crash after a massive bubble. We are looking at more growth in the future with Korea and India both making cryptos legal tender.

In more realistic tough times, like this last winter, we're looking at 15 month roi and just scraping by if you pay to much for electricity.

badream

Activity: 291
Merit: 155

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:16:34 PM

Actually my lucky msi 1070 with samsung memory at 2400mhz can do 3$/day at its best with a 32mh/s hasrate.
I'd like to know how to reach 5$/day profit but i guess it's not possible!

2 weeks ago i was able to do that Sad

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:21:39 PM

Yes, gtx 1070 is making $5.80 per minute and the coin is mining is nvidiacoin hehe, the reality is with this saturated market only nvidia is earning. Funny thing is, Nvidia launched a new coin, the gtx1070coin and you trolls are all buying hehe, nvidia keep dumping it on you trolls. hehe

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:46:47 PM

Hey everyone! I found Metroid's soulmate:

cshelswell

Activity: 615

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 10:52:48 PM

Not sure how much this would add up to a day but I did find this article on mining on a 1060 they seemed to think it was pretty efficient http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-cryptocurrency-mining-65w-detailed/

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:29:32 PM

(1) So if on WhatToMine I see some more profitable coin in the Top 50, does it mean I should start mining it and later exchange it for BTC? It always marks ETH green, even if it has smaller profit.

(2) Where to find coins for mining except on WTM? Thanks

Most profit with private kernels.

1. Nexus
2. SPreadcoin
3. Cryptonite

0.05btc...

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 11:54:13 PM

based on what hes said I have cut it down to one of these.

viacoin burst zcoin dubaicoin namecoin asch/xas emercoin nexus peercoin verge syscoin bitcoindark gamecredits bitconnect

Burst doesn't use GPUs to mine with, to any significant degree. It's all about HD capacity.

Namecoin is SHA256. NOT GPU Mineable.

Gamecredits has been bouncing around all over, he's NOT been consistantly pulling $5 per 1070 but it has done better than that OCCASIONALLY the last couple months.

Can't speak to the others offhand.

For most NVidia cards, ETH is a POOR choice to mine - the 1070 does OK on ETH but it usually does better on several other choices most of the time even though it's probably the BEST Nvidia card to use on ETH.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: