Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable  (Read 13325 times)
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:48:49 AM

Yes i really agree with your point currently bitcoin is traded not using to purchase and it is like stock but using this  to buy other stocks then it is getting real  money value . Because normal trading you cannot buy stock exchange of another sock . It is the beauty of bitcoin it can be treated as money as well as stock .

After many years of people Bitcoin community now countries are legalizing it as legal currency which we can buy anything. But it will take some time to accept other countries also. Bitcoin has started his journey with a low amount and it has reached more than what we expect. Still, there is a huge chance to people who can still buy it and hold for long term investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:01:41 AM

bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable.

currency should be more stable.

you may reply me. currency is not stable also but you should think  

USD currency price is up and down 1-2% in 1 month.

bitcoin price is up and down 20% in 1 month.

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

bitcoin can become stock but cannot become currency

I guess that it is completely true that bitcoin is a volatile currency. However you have to understand that a part of it is because it has a extremely small market capitalization. People think that billions of dollars is a lot but if the whole world was to use it that would end up being less than $10 per person on bitcoin.

Bitcoin currently cannot replace fiat currencies because it does not have a large enough supporter base. Once enough merchants and users start accepting bitcoin then bitcoin will stabilize itself and take over the economy as the dominant world currency.

It's not as simple as just pegging bitcoin to USD, not only is that impsosible to do but it is also very very dumb as bitcoin is a free market currency in the first place with no central authority.

Smiley
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:06:50 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin just is a "crypto", as coins using when play games, but the community of Bitcoin large more. Why I said that? Because the price of Bitcoin can't confirm as the price currency USD or other currency on the world's, it always fluctuations and by the faith of user Bitcoin set this price. As when you play game by admin set the value this item, but sometime user can sell it on flea market with other price expensive or cheap depending function this item good or bad, and Bitcoin with me like that.
olliejjc16

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:24:44 AM

Bitcoin is a long term store of value now like gold, it will never be adopted as an actual currency that will be used widespread across the world due to its volatility. However its value as a long term store of value is more than enough to ensure its long term growth.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:34:06 AM

Yes, maybe Bitcoin cannot replace the currency in the world but it can be a universal currency. Sounds complicated? What I mean is that Bitcoin cannot stand alone as the only currency being use by the people worldwide but it can be a universal currency that act as a medium of exchange or means of remittance in the future.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:34:14 AM

You are right.Bitcoin is a decentralized currency uncontrolled by any one.So it reflects its original value with increase or decrease in demand.so,being unstable in price,it could not be used as a primary currency.Being unstable is the main reason for companies not accepting bitcoin payments.But it could be used as a secondary currency.

28days_ever

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:43:28 AM

Bitcoin can not replace a regular currency, not because of too unstable prices, but because it exists only on the Internet, and access to the Internet is not available to all people.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:47:19 AM

It sadly not stable and nowadays bitcoin has started being used for many illegal things and accepting the currency will spoil the economy as people can easily use their corrupt funds freely if somehow government is able to make any proper regulation then bitcoin can be accepted  but still even after all this there is still no guarantee that bitcoin will be able to be a part of out community
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:02:06 PM

Does Bitcoin need to replace any currency? I don't think it does.. .
Bitcoin is one of many currencies available to you and i to use. Diversity is the beauty of life... anyone attempting to make it the World's currency is 100% the enemy. There should be freedom to choose whatever currency you wish to use. So don't worry, it can never be World currency.
karanggatak

Activity: 1106
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:34:52 PM

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

agree with you, but its still possible to replace. and than many country reject, and not recognize as a valid payment.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 12:59:09 PM

Stability will come in when this curve here keeps up:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg20371579#msg20371579

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
J Gambler

Activity: 910

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:07:39 PM

Yes i believe that it could not be happen. Or it can be happen but it took a years to replace it. In order for a thing to replaced it needed to be as like or as what does the previous thing has. And one of the thing is the price of it is not yet stable and not all the people can have it because it is a digital currency. This is only my opinion.

Y U MAD AT ME
tinhyeumaunang

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:05:52 PM

Bitcoin is a long way from becoming a currency you can live your life in. You also only have 7 transactions a second. But that doesn't mean Bitcoin isn't immensely valuable as a medium-term and long-term store of value
The trading of bitcoin is not handled quickly, as you have said. And of course bitcoin can't replace conventional money because the price is not stable. Transactions with bitcoin are always spending time waiting, so this is the risk.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob ◆ The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █    [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]    █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
webcrypt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:41:49 PM

1- Fist off governments will never give up controls of the nations currency. "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws"- Rothschild

Governments spend billions of dollars every year to protect their control on the currency they have armies, media, well funded agencies and decades of experience at their disposal.

2- Bitcoins decentralized structure will most likely never be stable. Decentralized structures always have conflicts, splits, take overs etc.

3- Bitcoins are not backed by anything tangible. It is like making a tiny sea shell from an obscure island a currency, it will only be worth what people think it is worth at the moment.
Governments print money from thin air but... they also have massive armies, infrastructure, agricultural production, etc to back it up.   

Bitcoin is a nice little trading medium you can turn fiat into this medium do your transactions then turn it back into fiat. As far as becoming more then that,, doubt it. Governments might take over the technology and implement it on a mass scale but they are never just going to give control of that to a small group of miners or a open source software group. That is not the way governments work.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:05:34 PM

this is not about being a stable currency and although if bitcoin stable i think bitcoin will never became an replace traditional currency such as dollar and i do realize that also if bitcoin users have ambition to replace dollar then they have to deal with the government as their primary opponent because government in this world won't let bitcoin taking over other currency who admitted by them so let them all walk side by side instead of being an opponent
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:47:35 PM

this is not about being a stable currency and although if bitcoin stable i think bitcoin will never became an replace traditional currency such as dollar and i do realize that also if bitcoin users have ambition to replace dollar then they have to deal with the government as their primary opponent because government in this world won't let bitcoin taking over other currency who admitted by them so let them all walk side by side instead of being an opponent

Extreme bitcoin price fluctuations are actually a major attraction for bitcoin, but currently the main factor of bitcoin is unacceptable by government because of price volatility, this is considered to be very harmful to economic equities and potentially leads to social disparities and crime. Decentralization should be centrally managed, difficult to explain, fiat is a perfect example and bitcoin is only potential for common currency like euro.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

Change is inevitable in an all way round because it is present in everything. Bitcoin is just starting to established and maintained that is why its price is not yet that stable. That thing also happens within other currencies on the first time they were established due to adjustments and improvement because no currency is that perfect when first established. That what is also happening within bitcoin because it is still new, it undergo certain adaptation and maintenance that is why the price value is still unstable but as time passes by, it can be stable due to the fact that it already have adapted and evolve. So we cannot say yet that bitcoin cannot be a currency just because it is unstable.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:38:27 PM

Yes i really agree with your point currently bitcoin is traded not using to purchase and it is like stock but using this  to buy other stocks then it is getting real  money value . Because normal trading you cannot buy stock exchange of another sock . It is the beauty of bitcoin it can be treated as money as well as stock .
yes you are right and I am agree with your point that bitcoin as a currency the bitcoin currency changes its value and importance with time there is a system that decide the value and importance of the bitcoin no one knows the price of the bitcoin will increase or decrease and how much it will increase how much the price will pump up.

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:45:52 PM

This just became my favourite quote w bitcoin..for now...😉

"Skepticism is always a wise default position to start one’s inquiry, but if no knowledge is being acquired, skepticism quickly morphs into stubborn ignorance." ~ Max Keiser
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:50:08 PM

It's not stable because it's used globally. Bitcoin in China is same as Bitcoin in US or anywhere else. If everyone in the world was using $, it would not be stable either. You never have to convert it to something else (other than fiat).

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: