Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable  (Read 13325 times)
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:47:06 PM

The more money that flows into Bitcoin, the more stable the price becomes. It is a very simple concept. You cannot affect the price all that much if there is over a trillion dollars in market cap. It is common sense. But when the market cap was only a few million it was very easy to change the prce, even for just  a millionaire, and there are lots and lots of millionaires around the world.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:55:36 PM

Yes, I think Bitcoin is suitable for an asset or investment asset like stocks. It is not suiable for payment because the low transaction speed
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:01:24 AM

Yes, bitcoin can not change local money because of the unstable price of it, but it can be one of the currency that can help local money to manipulate the things that bitcoin can do. the fact that bitcoin can preferable in term of paying online transaction than converting local money with highest fee.
DRAWDE_3691

Activity: 168

Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:18:43 AM

bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable.

currency should be more stable.

you may reply me. currency is not stable also but you should think  

USD currency price is up and down 1-2% in 1 month.

bitcoin price is up and down 20% in 1 month.

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

bitcoin can become stock but cannot become currency

I am more sure that bitcoin cannot really replace bitcoin. Some, or should I say many features of bitcoins are still lacking to match what currency can do. Being unstable is one main reason why it can't

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   ESCROWCOIN  ●  Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world    ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⦿  Discord  ⦿  Twitter  ⦿  Telegram  ⦿
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ⦿  BUY NOW   ⦿  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 12:30:27 AM

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

Yes bitcoin cannot replace real currency anymore but bitcoin have a big role in the future like gold because the value is amazing than gold we all know that bitcoin is not stable and it is so volatile so just hold it and someday you will get more money.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:37:53 AM

Bitcoin cannot replace real currency because bitcoin is unstable price and the feature of it is for digital transaction. Also bitcoin has a limited function and you cannot used it without internet connection. Unlike, real currency the used of it is valuable in different way and a lot of used even in without internet. Real currency have a acceptability feature of any person.
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:24:59 PM

I also have to agree that bitcoin can't replace currencies in the world yet. Maybe tech will go on and we can see a much better bitcoin in the future and everyone will be able to pay with it as they wish but there are way to many dificulties to solve until that happens. Maybe another crypto will do that we will not know that until it's done.
My opinion is way contradicting to you bitcoin has all potential to replace world currency and its decentralization is the best benefit that no one can control it and this can create a unity situation in the world where every region will care about each other and the import export business will be quite easy and the transferring of funds is also and ease and the best thing the investor of bitcoin can earn sitting at home.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:31:48 PM

Yes It cant be raplace our current currency because bitcoin is not stable. But if bitcoin could be stable maybe in the future bitcoin is our currency.
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:45:17 PM

He can not replace the fiat money, not because the price is not stable, but what is it is a deflationary coin! and people do not tend to spend it! all of our current economy is built on inflation is its engine! bitcoin is rather an excellent tool for investing, saving and accumulating capital, and not for everyday needs! in the place of fiat will come what is an alternative coin, it is not yet known which one) crypto-dollar for example)
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:36:43 PM

He can not replace the fiat money, not because the price is not stable, but what is it is a deflationary coin! and people do not tend to spend it! all of our current economy is built on inflation is its engine! bitcoin is rather an excellent tool for investing, saving and accumulating capital, and not for everyday needs! in the place of fiat will come what is an alternative coin, it is not yet known which one) crypto-dollar for example)

That is right - using bitcoin to buy for just small things are quite not that wise because the price of bitcoin has really a good potential of increasing its price as time goes by. It is just really good for investment I think.
triads

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:38:37 AM

That is right - using bitcoin to buy for just small things are quite not that wise because the price of bitcoin has really a good potential of increasing its price as time goes by. It is just really good for investment I think.

Yes, Bitcoin is not good for buying small things. But that's not because the price fluctuates. It's because the entire structure of the crypto (in it's current form) is not scalable. The current transaction fee for BTC is $25... that's absurd for buying anything less than about $1000. And that high transaction fee is a direct result of the network being overloaded.
Renai0925

Activity: 268

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:49:17 AM

I kinda agree with you there. Bitcoin is not ready to replace the fiat money because, as you stated, of its volatility. But why do we even think of cryptocurrency replacing the fiat money? It's enough that both co-exist because both have their advantage and disadvantages. For a start, not everybody in the whole world have access to the internet, nor as tech-savvy as us.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
Deepiefface10

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:15:11 AM

it can’t replace paper money for that reason but unstable price make it best investment and this is one of important use of bitcoin.
many use bitcoin as investment more than currency

█ BSHA3 █
Bitcoin Codebase Using SHA3-256 Algorithm
▬▬ The first sha3d crypto ▬▬
https://bsha3.com
kallen11

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:33:05 AM

for me bitcoin cannot replace any currency because of its high value and your right the price is not really stable

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
sungaiyangderas

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:40:02 AM

I am surprised why people think that bitcoin can be a legitimate currency. Bitcoin is still in its early stages as we all know since then. Although bitcoin is very easy to change, but I think it can be regarded as one of the advantages or advantages against fiat.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:44:21 PM

I am surprised why people think that bitcoin can be a legitimate currency. Bitcoin is still in its early stages as we all know since then. Although bitcoin is very easy to change, but I think it can be regarded as one of the advantages or advantages against fiat.

I think bitcoin is already a legitimate currency in so far as how people use it at the moment - trading, gambling, and some purchases. However, in so far as government regulation to declare it as legitimate, I don't think so bitcoin needs that because right from the very beginning, bitcoin is designed not to be controlled or regulated by any government in the whole world.
VBCryp@

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:14:52 AM

I think bitcoin has been a legitimate currency so far as the way people use it at the moment - business, shopping ... however bitcoin can not change its currency, in the world. Because, not everyone has the tools to use Bitcoin. As we all know, Bitcoin requires internet connection, good internet understanding and technology. But if bitcoin could be stable maybe in the future bitcoin is our currency.
belladon

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:17:36 AM

Bitcoin is definitely far from being a widely used currency but I do think it is the a step in the right direction.  It would be great if it could be used as currency sooner rather than later.
Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:19:56 AM

But I hope i

Yeah for now bitcoin can't replace all the currency because of the situation. But I hope soon it became stable and it will came the time that all of us well like bitcoin so much. And the first currency that we used is bitcoin because of the higher value of this.
usechain

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:26:15 AM

I think you are absolutely right. In fact, nothing is impossible. Many countries will re-measure the status of bitcoin at different stages. It has just started to consider bitcoin as a speculative product, and then defines bitcoin as a product Know that today there are already some countries that recognize bitcoin as a virtual digital currency, bitcoin has been changing, maybe bitcoin in the future one day can really become the legal tender, all this is unknown.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: