Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:47:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable  (Read 13325 times)
Sar elok

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:27:22 AM

Could just be the conventional currency bitcoin if any institution/authority which guarantees the legalize bitcoin and world bank acknowledge
Pamela Jobelle

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:09:09 AM

The reason to this price fluctuation is also a reason why bitcoin is so popular and often used today, and it is the decentralisation of bitcoin. The downside of this of course would be the static prices and this is why bitcoin is not ready yet to make the leap to being able to be used in real life as well as online.
doloresdeleon07

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:44:10 AM

Yes, Bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world, but it can be an alternative for those people who prefer it, for those people who understand that even it is not as stable as currency it is worth it, those who appreciate Bitcoin. Currency is already a convenient and well established means of transaction from the most most wealthiest to the most common person, so yes Bitcoin cannot replace currency in the near future.
Angletim

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:50:30 AM

bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world because price is not stable.

currency should be more stable.

you may reply me. currency is not stable also but you should think 

USD currency price is up and down 1-2% in 1 month.

bitcoin price is up and down 20% in 1 month.

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

bitcoin can become stock but cannot become currency
I don't agree with you. Now the price of the bitcoin is not stable, but when the bitcoin accepted by all countries, the value of the bitcoin has won the acceptance of people around the world, its price will rise, when it reaches a certain price, it would have remained stable.
om_iyo

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:09:01 PM

I just imagine... if I have a company that all capital use bitcoin asset; no dollar. And we are in mixed economic condition century, using altcoin, dollar, Yen currency, etc. How can I calculate for product price list if all assets are not stable?? If it pushes to be stable, who has this authority? No one can do it. Because market is one and only one have authority controlled. So, it means, it wouldn't be currency, but it able to be goods, asset, or something else.

So, if the question is can it replace currency?? I think no.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:14:22 PM

At the moment Bitcoin is just a parody of a currency. Even though the concept behind is great, there is far too much way to go to make it truly efficient and scalable.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:33:06 PM

I believe that with the passage of time bitcoin will be able to become a real currency and its price will be stable. This will happen approximately when all bitcoins will be mined.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rampage101

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:52:21 PM

While bitcoin is too young to be used as a currency. Now it is more relevant as an investment. And in the future it is possible to stabilize the price of bitcoin. Only time will tell.

markint

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:00:18 PM

Actually that would not affect too much the importance of bitcoin if we consider that regardless of the utility it may have as a currency, it can still have an excellent performance as a store of value or as a means of payment, although I am convinced that once the market find a balance point could reach a maturity that allows a much lower volatility in the price of bitcoin, making the performance of the cryptocurrency market can be comparable to the performance of traditional markets.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:10:47 PM

Bitcoin cannot replace currency in the world even when the price is stable because it is not a money at all you can convert it also to money. Money and bitcoin are different, you use bitcoin in selected store only unlike money,  and bitcoin still unknown in other stores. And even it will be known not all are willing to risk on bitcoin.
Personally, I think Bitcoin can replace cash, used to buy goods, exchange. For this to happen I think people need to develop more applications that meet the needs of people. If the bitcoin price is stable, we can use them as a deposit in the bank. Buy bitcoin merchandise through bitcoin card issuance.

Yes you are right. The same thing as what you said, if we think and analysed the situation of our life today we must go to  the better option and that is using bitcoin. I have a strong feeling that bitcoin can replace money. Even though bitcoin is not stable.

stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 10:13:05 PM

At the moment Bitcoin is just a parody of a currency. Even though the concept behind is great, there is far too much way to go to make it truly efficient and scalable.
That is what they said about the internet in the 90s, that it would never scale, that it would never work, now look. Btw the concept isn't just great, it is out of this world and believe me we will scale slowly and effective for the next 10 years so that Bitcoin is seen and recognized as international currency. Btw out of the 200 currencies in the world Bitcoin is already better than 30 of them, give it time and it will be top 25.

Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:50:06 PM

I do not agree with the topic name. I believe that the price is not stable, because now bitcoin is a coin for speculation. Unfortunately now no one perceives this asset as an idea, only as a goal to earn quickly!
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:07:23 PM

Yes, indeed, the large volatility of bitcoin is one of the important reasons why it can not be the main currency of a particular state, since the state needs to tie its economy to a stable currency. However, as a kind of world digital money, bitcoin, in principle, can be used. This will already depend on the desire of specific states. Recently, information appeared that Russia supplied grain to Turkey in December last year. Russia received its money, say, when the bitcoin rate was about $ 20,000. However, then his rate fell to 6,000 dollars. How to look at such a deal in Turkey, when, after paying bitcoin at such a high cost, bitcoin has fallen in price by more than three times? Obviously, such a bitcoat volatility will significantly influence the position of the states in this regard.
madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:43:51 PM

Of course, bitcoin is able to make the banks disappear! After all, the idea of bitcoin is very strong, in fact, it is designed to exclude the intermediary (banks) in the transfer between people!
alphaomega.f

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:00:34 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 01:34:54 PM by alphaomega.f

one of its characteristics that puts it at a disadvantage whenever replacing it as a currency used worldwide or on some nations. just think of workers that gets their salary in terms of bitcoin. its good yes, but only when the price is high because it will never be worth it to receive your salary in its lowesr value just because it's value is dependent on the volatility of bitcoin.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:18:45 PM

In general, Bitcoin currently exists as an alternative currency, especially digital currency.

although the use of Bitcoin and cryptocurreny has increased internationally.

I think, bitcoin is still difficult to replace the role of conventional currency
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:31:47 PM

what will people think if they just change USD to bitcoin then their money down 10% in 10 minutes?

Well to be honest, my thoughts about bitcoin replacing fiat will never happened because of the sudden dropping value of bitcoin. I know that it is very valuable in the world of crypto but in a certain country, the seniors and other people there doesn't have any idea and cares when it comes to crypto coins. The bitcoin is not stable and the continously dropping of value is veyr scary because anytime, anyone will might end up with an empty wallet.

Useacoin

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 10:01:50 PM

No currencies have a stable value, USD, for example, is always changing in value - mostly downwards. But because 1 USD will also be worth 1 USD tomorrow, people don't notice this. Bitcoin is however very volatile and wouldn't be suitable as a currency atm. If bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies really do become truly mainstream then  the same logic applies, 1 bitcoin = 1 bitcoin tomorrow, no matter what. The USD is just not swinging in value fast enough for people to notice in their everyday life, only when looking years back noticing everything has become 40% more expensive in the last 10 years
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:05:36 PM

I believe that with the passage of time bitcoin will be able to become a real currency and its price will be stable. This will happen approximately when all bitcoins will be mined.
Bitcoin cannot replace currencyin the world  not just because of price fluctuations. The different currency that we have right now is powerful; it cannot be replaced in just a blast; Bitcoin can be a currency but it cannot replace the currency in the world.
reynilynedago

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:41:14 PM

Sadly but true. Bitcoin is very unstable that although it is classified as a currency it couldn't serve the purpose. There are numerous reasons as to why bitcoin's value is very unstable. Most of which is caused by bitcoin's high volatility rate. Which causes a lot if value fluctuations that makes bitcoin's value fairly unstable. Another is the oftentimes unmet demands for bitcoin which dramatically increases the price but only for a while.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: