Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:05:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we push the actual use of Bitcoin ?  (Read 8603 times)
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:44:00 PM

I and many others just hold their bitcoins and wait till it gets worth more. But that is not how a currency should work. A currency is meant to be used in daily trades for groceries and so on.

My question is how can we push the actual use of the bitcoin and what is nessacary to do that ?

I think first, we should wait till the scaling problem is hopefully solved in near future, because right now even if I had f.e. a grocery store, I would not accept Bitcoin as payment becasue of the confirmation time of the tx (I would hand out some coupons which can be bought for BTC)

After this problem is solved this would be my ideas, I hope you help me gather more:

• Convince organisations like amnesty international to accept bitcoin as donations
  • Convince big internet companies like amazon to accept payments via bitcoin, this should take a while but with some petitions they might consider it (propably better starting with some smaller companies)
  • Start accepting bitcoins yourself, not only on the interent but for example if you are a student and do some private tutoring, and have a small ad for you on a blackboard somewhere, you could print a "Bitcoin accepted" on it.
The main thing is legalization of bitcoin all over the world, as more countries will begin to legalize bitcoins the more its actual use will begin. Retailers, stores and restaurants etc. only accept payment method which is legalized by their government, so if the bitcoin will become legally acceptable by government then the bitcoin market will extend and we will see more retailers and stores.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

Of course this depends on the infrastructure and support of wallet providers, if they work with malls, supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and provide ATM bitcoin and so the use of bitcoin will be more massive.
as far as I can imagine completely everything that Bitcoin can link and the whole range of services for a person, then I can only assume that all online payments can be very well combined with a crypto currency, unlike offline. I think that in the near future we will see in a very good service related to Bitcoin from every businessman who wants to participate in the world of cryptography.
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:11:09 PM

Of course this depends on the infrastructure and support of wallet providers, if they work with malls, supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and provide ATM bitcoin and so the use of bitcoin will be more massive.
as far as I can imagine completely everything that Bitcoin can link and the whole range of services for a person, then I can only assume that all online payments can be very well combined with a crypto currency, unlike offline. I think that in the near future we will see in a very good service related to Bitcoin from every businessman who wants to participate in the world of cryptography.

Yes I think one way to push is by making payments on line to be with bitcoin, this will even push faster. Also, evangeling bitcoin always to people. Shops should put sign board too, media stations should talk about it more too.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:46:24 PM

Yes I think one way to push is by making payments on line to be with bitcoin, this will even push faster. Also, evangeling bitcoin always to people. Shops should put sign board too, media stations should talk about it more too.
Well lets hope this would be happen in the future. We can push the actual use of bitcoin also by introducing bitcoin to other people to grow its community. By massive adoptions and accepting bitcoin as payment in these way this will bring to push the usage of bitcoin.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:56:48 PM

Well lets hope this would be happen in the future. We can push the actual use of bitcoin also by introducing bitcoin to other people to grow its community. By massive adoptions and accepting bitcoin as payment in these way this will bring to push the usage of bitcoin.

The pushing will depend mostly on the merchants, we must find s way if convincing them to accept Bitcoin in their shops for grocery and other petty items we use for our daily lives.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:29:03 PM

we need to persuaded people to use it. if its become primary needs, bitcoin prices goind to rise up to the top
We cannot persuade people to use bitcoin, people will have to understand by themselves that bitcoin is their best choice and the only way to do that is for bitcoin to improve, the transaction fee of bitcoin is too high and the confirmation time is too slow if that improves people are going to start using bitcoin because it is going to be the best option for them and at that point wide adoption is going to become a real possibility.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:27:26 PM

We can not push anything to people to use bitcoin, this is because bitcoin is banned in different countries, if we push then I'm worried about breaking the law and we'll be imprisoned.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:20:25 AM

There is no need of a pushing, let it grow on the gradual manner as it's now. If this needs to be promoted already several advertising might have been done, but in reality the growth is enormous and trustful through word of mouth rather than other means of promotion.
Exactly,it could be gradually. We can't push other people if they don't want it, is just a matter of changing a habit from old to new. But not in a simplest way, it will take time in order to change.
Even though we have a lot of promotions be made but still it depend in our hands and in our own decision. Maybe not now, probably in the future.
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:41:46 AM

The pushing will depend mostly on the merchants, we must find s way if convincing them to accept Bitcoin in their shops for grocery and other petty items we use for our daily lives.

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but merchants aren't the issue. They aren't going to want to accept cryptos while there's so much volatility and all their expenses are in fiat.

In order to increase the ability for people to actually use cryptos, you either have to have payment processors be able to accept cryptos and convert them so that merchants receive fiat, or the conversion has to happen at the consumer level.

The latter is probably more likely since people who already own cryptos are willing to take the volatility risk and it can be more of a grassroots effort rather than trying to get an institution on board. Services like 10x or Centra are the solution since they allow you to pay for every day goods using crypto.

Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:45:27 AM

We can not push anything to people to use bitcoin, this is because bitcoin is banned in different countries, if we push then I'm worried about breaking the law and we'll be imprisoned.
That's the reason why bitcoin cannot be adopted in all countries, there will be some hindrance like china banning ICOs and exchanges, this is a big effect in the market on a negative side but let's also look at the brighter side because some countries are adopting. When majority will support this means it will continue to progress and when big merchants like amazon will finally use bitcoin, it's going to be a big news and it will boost the confidence of the investors and users.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:24:11 AM

That's the reason why bitcoin cannot be adopted in all countries, there will be some hindrance like china banning ICOs and exchanges, this is a big effect in the market on a negative side but let's also look at the brighter side because some countries are adopting. When majority will support this means it will continue to progress and when big merchants like amazon will finally use bitcoin, it's going to be a big news and it will boost the confidence of the investors and users.
If the legalization of bitcoin will become true in most of the major countries then the other big companies will eventually trust bitcoin too because they are just waiting for the possible reaction of the major countries and if they will see that the major countries is trusting and accepting bitcoin and the big companies will do it also because it means that there will be a new traffic and it will help their company to become more profitable because of bitcoin.
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:24:37 AM

User adoption and keep on spreading the word.
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:59:31 AM

User adoption and keep on spreading the word.

maybe it's one that can popularize bitcoin to everybody, but I'm just trying to socialize to my friends and my environment who do not have a job and a steady income, I always try to give direction to them to learn about bitcoin and how to get bitcoin well.
jayhawk1

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:50:51 AM

What would also help is the growth of services like 10x and Centra Tech. These allow people to use crypto currencies anywhere Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
Yes they are helping in pushing bitcoin upward in good manners and this will bring business for them as there are also other means to spread awareness about bitcoin through proper channels and by telling people its benefits by sponsoring seminars and multinational exhibitions this can also spread bitcoin till the last corner of world and that will be awesome.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:43:12 PM

However it is very remarkable that in the countries on which bitcoin is forbidden, people understand very clearly the importance of bitcoin as a protection against the state, in a country like Venezuela dealing with bitcoin is forbidden but it is very obvious to their citizens the importance of bitcoin, they do not have access to dollars so the only thing they can do to protect themselves of inflation is to get bitcoin.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 07:50:14 AM

There is no need of a pushing, let it grow on the gradual manner as it's now. If this needs to be promoted already several advertising might have been done, but in reality the growth is enormous and trustful through word of mouth rather than other means of promotion.
Exactly,it could be gradually. We can't push other people if they don't want it, is just a matter of changing a habit from old to new. But not in a simplest way, it will take time in order to change.
Even though we have a lot of promotions be made but still it depend in our hands and in our own decision. Maybe not now, probably in the future.
No one can actually push someone to come and invest in Bitcoin. It is all the choice of that person. I think what all we can do is to tell others especially our friends and family members about this Bitcoin and all the stuff related to Bitcoin. After that, it is all and all their choice to whether invest in Bitcoin or not.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:15:08 AM

However it is very remarkable that in the countries on which bitcoin is forbidden, people understand very clearly the importance of bitcoin as a protection against the state, in a country like Venezuela dealing with bitcoin is forbidden but it is very obvious to their citizens the importance of bitcoin, they do not have access to dollars so the only thing they can do to protect themselves of inflation is to get bitcoin.
You are right. People can appreciate only that to lose. When we hear news about that in any country banned the use of bitcoin in no way pushes us to action. It's bad. Miners, developers, and users long ago need to develop a common strategy for the development of bitcoin. The actual use must be one of the main goals. Necessary condition for this.
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:19:00 AM

Don't push it because it will come on time its not only as applicable now but in the next few years it would probably happen. Instead of pushing bitcoin it is much better to push ourselves to.make many bitcoins as much because we don't know if its the last time that we can make more bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:29:30 AM

Yes of course we do not have the power to encourage them to use bitcoin because if the bitcoin legality factor is still illegal in this country, it certainly can give them direction about bitcoin function and how to use it.
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:30:59 AM

Awareness is the key to allow Bitcoin to flourish and have it used diversely. My country is considered a third world country and only a few of us is knowledgeable about Bitcoin. If Bitcoin is to be used by many, then its actual use can be considered. Despite being dependent on money alone, people will learn about Bitcoin which could exemplify its use.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: