Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:50:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sensitive market at this moment.  (Read 2327 times)
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:29:40 PM

It is not about this moment. Altcoin market has always been sensitive. It is not regulated thus pump and dumps are quite frequent. It has low marketcap as compared to other monetary system. Thus, prone to high volatility. Also, it is decentralised thus anyone can buy and sell at any price. Thus creating more volatility. Altcoin market will remain like this only.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:41:17 PM

There are various reasons for it-
1. Bitcoin is complete dominance in Crypto trading. Other coins work subsidiary to it. So if BTC rises, other coins rise. If BTC falls, other coins fall too.
2. Bitcoin is currently under possible fork. So this and next week will see major downfall in its sending/receiving. Most of the exchanges will be closed in this time period. So we could see more downfall in prices of every coin. Be ready!

But every crypto enthusiast is sure enough that BTC and other coins will reach new ATH in coming years. This is just temporary break downs. Else cryptocurrencies are continuously going towards MOON. Cheesy
naughty1

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:55:53 PM

It is not about this moment. Altcoin market has always been sensitive. It is not regulated thus pump and dumps are quite frequent. It has low marketcap as compared to other monetary system. Thus, prone to high volatility. Also, it is decentralised thus anyone can buy and sell at any price. Thus creating more volatility. Altcoin market will remain like this only.

Indeed, the altcoin market is very sensitive, in particular, it is heavily influenced by bitcoin, any changes to the bitcoin will directly affect the entire altcoin market, their value will be minimized fast.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:32:14 PM

yeah I don't really like the idea why alt has to sufferred from bitcoin crash, people should really need to start making a crypto coin that not pegged to bitcoin lol.

Blah blah
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:42:16 PM

yeah I don't really like the idea why alt has to sufferred from bitcoin crash, people should really need to start making a crypto coin that not pegged to bitcoin lol.

Unfortunately that is the situation of things when all coin claim to be the next bitcoin and developers come and claim its better than bitcoin but they fail to understand that to meet bitcoin means they have to create a niche for themselves and start expressing their values in relation to fiat and not bitcoin which is difficulty to do. They also forget that anyone holding  their coin is also holding bitcoin but not the other way round. There is no independence yet.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 05:51:29 PM

Unfortunately that is the situation of things when all coin claim to be the next bitcoin and developers come and claim its better than bitcoin but they fail to understand that to meet bitcoin means they have to create a niche for themselves and start expressing their values in relation to fiat and not bitcoin which is difficulty to do. They also forget that anyone holding  their coin is also holding bitcoin but not the other way round. There is no independence yet

I have already explained what altcoins essentially need

But it seems the right time to repeat my message. What other coins actually need (apart from being decent enough on technical grounds) is to show long-term profitability on par with Bitcoin (or still better exceeding it). Bitcoin has been the most popular coin simply because it was (and basically still is) giving people what they wanted, i.e. profits. But not just short-term profits (which many altcoins surpass Bitcoin at), but profits which could be obtained by holding Bitcoin for many months or even years. If any altcoin is able to repeat this feat, it will make a strong competitor to Bitcoin

skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:51:39 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 10:06:58 PM by skyline247

I respect your opinion but 2020 is too much time for Bitcoin to reach $5K mark, I believe that bitcoin will reach $5K in next year itself and in the year 2020, the price is not going to be anywhere below $20K. Yes, this is my personal opinion and might be completely wrong. I agree with you that crypto market is sensitive at this moment and I think the reason is that, it is not yet established and there is a lack of awareness among the users. Recent price fall under pressure of 1 Aug event clearly highlighted that aspect but still, I am optimistic about the average maturity of crypto user will be much higher than that of today.

Bitcoin will reach $5k before the end of this year. If not, in 2018 surely. The crypto market will continue being chaotic until the mass public adopts it, which will not be for some time yet.
  Look at personal computers. They were first brought to the market in the 70's, but it wasn't until the mid-90''s that many households began getting them. If a similar trend happens with crypto, we can expect it to take until the mid 2020's to gain significant traction. Until then, get used to the chaos.
dejavvu

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:57:43 PM

In my opinion all altcoins are a bubble created to make easy money off greedy people. While some of them offer some good things on paper(like contracts in Eth), the main purpose is to pump and dump. This crypto business is still in its infancy and so many things are going to change and so many people are going get crashed during this process.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:21:49 PM

In my opinion all altcoins are a bubble created to make easy money off greedy people. While some of them offer some good things on paper(like contracts in Eth), the main purpose is to pump and dump. This crypto business is still in its infancy and so many things are going to change and so many people are going get crashed during this process.
Not all altcoins, what is the basis of your statement, check on the top 5 markets of altcoins especially the Ethereum
who were able to compete with bitcoins in terms of marketcap. Ethereum is the most traded altcoins in the market nowadays
and some experts believe it will overtake bitcoin in the future in terms of profitability.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:32:54 PM

Not all altcoins, what is the basis of your statement, check on the top 5 markets of altcoins especially the Ethereum
who were able to compete with bitcoins in terms of marketcap. Ethereum is the most traded altcoins in the market nowadays
and some experts believe it will overtake bitcoin in the future in terms of profitability.
Well you have a point and yeah not all altcoin are just bubble created and useless.. some of the altcoin which is in the good in rankings in coinmarketcap those are useful in some other ways or accepted in other shop online .. unlike other altcoin that are just use for scamming people..
So for now if you want to hold an altcoin for a long time the best recommended are those in the rankings like you said ethereum lite coin XMR and other altcoin are in top 20 altcoin ..
dejavvu

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:41:57 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 11:56:55 PM by dejavvu

Read my reply again, I said "some of them offer some good things on paper(like contracts in Eth)" but again this does not change the fact that everybody wants to jump on the wagon created by Bitcoin. Pretty much every alt coin promises something that Bitcoin doesn't have. That's their selling point after all. The thing is though do we really need those things they promise? I'm not against Eth btw, I'm following it closely.

I also don't think marketcap is a good metric for coin strength.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:35:02 AM

Read my reply again, I said "some of them offer some good things on paper(like contracts in Eth)" but again this does not change the fact that everybody wants to jump on the wagon created by Bitcoin. Pretty much every alt coin promises something that Bitcoin doesn't have. That's their selling point after all. The thing is though do we really need those things they promise? I'm not against Eth btw, I'm following it closely.

I wonder if a coin will come along that offers everything all of the altcoins do, and more. Think about early social media such as MySpace. Clearly it was missing something or it would still be around... and now we have Facebook. Eventually a coin might appear with far more features and ease-of-use then BTC and everyone will jump ship just like Facebook.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dejavvu

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:14:34 AM

I wonder if a coin will come along that offers everything all of the altcoins do, and more. Think about early social media such as MySpace. Clearly it was missing something or it would still be around... and now we have Facebook. Eventually a coin might appear with far more features and ease-of-use then BTC and everyone will jump ship just like Facebook.

Yeah, what you say is very true about facebook replacing myspace and I think it is definitely possible that something similar can happen in crypto space too. We just don't know what we will need in the future. Even with Bitcoin, nobody probably predicted that it would come to this point and this is probably just the beginning in this long journey.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 05:17:02 AM

The market becomes sensitive because of people that are using it. They are panicked real quick and starts selling everything they have got. The circulation of bitcoin in current situation then increases a lot in the market and drops the value dramatically. That is well know trouble by us. The only way to change the sensitivity of market is by changing the views against market drops. Sudden reaction will always make bitcoin or other coins weak loosing the value.

Only crypto newbies get panicked, whales stayed cold to the price's fall. But what to do? I think that's the only way how newbies can learn the market and become big players or experts one day.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 05:38:07 AM

I respect your opinion but 2020 is too much time for Bitcoin to reach $5K mark, I believe that bitcoin will reach $5K in next year itself and in the year 2020, the price is not going to be anywhere below $20K. Yes, this is my personal opinion and might be completely wrong. I agree with you that crypto market is sensitive at this moment and I think the reason is that, it is not yet established and there is a lack of awareness among the users. Recent price fall under pressure of 1 Aug event clearly highlighted that aspect but still, I am optimistic about the average maturity of crypto user will be much higher than that of today.

Bitcoin will reach $5k before the end of this year. If not, in 2018 surely. The crypto market will continue being chaotic until the mass public adopts it, which will not be for some time yet.
  Look at personal computers. They were first brought to the market in the 70's, but it wasn't until the mid-90''s that many households began getting them. If a similar trend happens with crypto, we can expect it to take until the mid 2020's to gain significant traction. Until then, get used to the chaos.

Agree, but since Bitcoin has the only requirement of good connectivity, there is already a huge ground available for the growth. Yes, technically it will remain chaotic for next few years. A large part of the population is already using digital wallets for their fiat funds and thus using Bitcoin won't be a big issue for them. Thus the evolution of computers was a foundation for the upcoming technologies like blockchain.
alexsamudra

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 07:42:18 AM

The market is sensitive because the users are so many, so all will feel panic quickly they offer their products. Bitcoin has a good market for the market in this situation that will bring it down in the market dramatically.
jonosutio

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:39:20 AM

So many of the market users who are sensitive, and now unhealthy, we will not do much.
What's with this guy do you leave bitcoin ??
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:47:13 AM

Of course market cap is not a very good basis for saying a coin has strength. Yes, not all but most of them are really for pumping and dumping. Simply for profit and greediness of some of the traders. You will get lucky of you bought coins that are going to be pump and later on dump by some groups. You just need to go with the flow.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:07:16 PM

The high demand for Bitcoin is provided mostly by speculators

It is just another way to say that the high prices that we see today are due to speculators trading, though at another, more technical level. Obviously, the market price is ultimately determined by the balance of supply and demand. So when we say that speculators bid up the price, it essentially means that it is their bids that massively increase demand. Simplistically, the supply of bitcoins is provided by miners while the demand for bitcoins by speculators. If the latter withdraw their bids, the price will instantly crash since the supply of bitcoins will massively exceed the demand for them, and it will be rebalanced at much lower levels (i.e. prices)

Maybe it's too early for this kind of thinking but I have an impression that there are more people who buy bitcoin in order to just invest their money not for trading. As I said, maybe it's too early for this now, but in the future there will be hundreds of thousands traders and dozens of millions of investors or just users of bitcoin and demand from the latter will dominate in determining the price of bitcoin

This doesn't change anything in particular

Speculators are not just those who buy today only to sell tomorrow. These are any people who are hoping to earn profits by buying low and selling high no matter how long it takes to wait for the price to rise. Indeed, such people most likely won't be called speculators since buying and holding for longer terms is considered as "investing", but, as to me, it is all six of one and half a dozen of the other, especially in respect to purely financial (read speculative) assets like Bitcoin (where you can only mostly via rise in price)

Alright, then we all are speculators in a way, even not being traders. Smiley

Yeah, I'm not joking, it's true, because even holding we hope for the price to rise, and in fact if this happens we sell at the higher price later, like all speculators do.
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:19:23 PM

You are right bitcoin market became sensitive this past few weeks maybe because more and more users are engaging in crypto-currency and somewhat bitcoin need some adjustments I think this would last up to the end of this year. There might be fluctuations but somehow it's a good chance for investment and trading we just have to trust in bitcoin and continue using it
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: