Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:09:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Compare Bitcoin to Other Investment Instruments (Stocks, Real Estates, Etc.)  (Read 1662 times)
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 02:01:15 PM

One thing that I see most clearly is that Bitcoin does not depend on the State or any financial institution. As for other forms of investment such as stocks, real estate, gold investment, Can be interfered by financial institutions or the government. Real estate, share are traditional forms of investment, and Bitcoin has been around for 10 years. It's an electronic currency, encrypted and decentralized, its value of it has now risen quite high but it usually fluctuates. In general, Bitcoin, stocks, real estate are all good investments if we know how

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 07:25:28 PM

One major issue with real estate and stocks are stagnant wages. When wage growth is limited over a period of time, it decreases the buying power of consumers. Low wage growth can lead to decreased purchase of real estate(as fewer consumers have the wages to afford it), which in turn can lower the value of real estate on dwindling demand.

Stagnant wages can also negatively affect the value of stocks. Decreased wages can lead to decrease buying power which in turn negatively affects retail outlets, leading to decreased sales/demand. These variables can contribute towards the value of stocks diminishing on decreasing demand.

Crypto could be a better investment than stocks or real estate being that it isn't truly mainstream, its in a growing phase and demand for it could increase by a substantial portion. Which in turn could translate to higher value.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:18:58 PM

You cannot compare investing in bitcoin with real estate investments. In the case of real estate you will always be a product that maybe will cost less, but will always bring income. With bitcoin it's different. This is a very large income with a much greater risk to remain in General with anything. It seems to me that bitcoin is closer to speculation than investing.
Exactly, comparing bitcoin to the real estate i think the winner is real estate if we're talking about safest long term investment. Bitcoin is a risky investment due to its volatile nature and the price also is unpredictable while real estate it's price is always rising up, safer, and it is good for securing your asset but it needs long time to get profit one more thing is selecting area before investing or buying a real estate, in real estate area is very important you may gain more profit if your real estate are in good place. Bitcoin is better for speculate, i might say better for short term investment.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 08:33:26 PM

You cannot compare investing in bitcoin with real estate investments. In the case of real estate you will always be a product that maybe will cost less, but will always bring income. With bitcoin it's different. This is a very large income with a much greater risk to remain in General with anything. It seems to me that bitcoin is closer to speculation than investing.
Exactly, comparing bitcoin to the real estate i think the winner is real estate if we're talking about safest long term investment. Bitcoin is a risky investment due to its volatile nature and the price also is unpredictable while real estate it's price is always rising up, safer, and it is good for securing your asset but it needs long time to get profit one more thing is selecting area before investing or buying a real estate, in real estate area is very important you may gain more profit if your real estate are in good place. Bitcoin is better for speculate, i might say better for short term investment.

Partly true but Bitcoin has the potential to grow even greater in future and so it's likewise a potential long term investment opportunity because a lot of people are getting to know day by day and it is driven by the demand which comes from these newcomers and for this consistent increased demand to dwindle will take a lot of effort that's why it is reliable for the future just like the real estates.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 11:11:12 PM

What do you think are the main difference/advantage/disadvantage of Bitcoin when you compare it to the most common investment instruments like Stocks, Bonds, Real Estates, etc.
Honestly I have stopped investing into other investments opportunities after started considering bitcoins as a serious investment instrument for safer tomorrow.

I am just holding what I have invested some 5 years back into stocks and real estates as I am fully focusing on bitcoins for regular investing from my day job. When I did the calculations on ROI for certain period of holding, bitcoin alone still standing tall. I believe this is more than enough justification to continue what I am already doing.
That’s true. Bitcoins have no comparison with any other investment instruments. It can all alone provide you with profit which all other investment instruments can do altogether. It has an amazing future as compared to any other instrument. So my advice is to stay stick to it.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:27:56 PM

Hello! Thank you for considering my topic: Compare Bitcoin to Other Investment Instruments (Stocks, Real Estates, Etc.)

What do you think are the main difference/advantage/disadvantage of Bitcoin when you compare it to the most common investment instruments like Stocks, Bonds, Real Estates, etc.

Thank you!
Out of the all other investments,bitcoin is the safest investment as it works on a secured block chain system.We have full control of our investment in bitcoins.Bitcoin price has increased four times within last eight months from $850 to around $3400 today.We could not expect such a huge return from any other assets other than bitcoin.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tobs

Activity: 282
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:01:41 PM

Hello! Thank you for considering my topic: Compare Bitcoin to Other Investment Instruments (Stocks, Real Estates, Etc.)

Thank you!
Out of the all other investments,bitcoin is the safest investment as it works on a secured block chain system.We have full control of our investment in bitcoins.Bitcoin price has increased four times within last eight months from $850 to around $3400 today.We could not expect such a huge return from any other assets other than bitcoin.

Not only this, but also the daily fluctuations in price are high enough that can in few good trades match a return from a year long investment. If one would buy at the price at let's say 2500 and then sell even the same day when it hits 2750 you get a 10% gain basically in a day or two. Bitcoin can just like that definitely smash any banks yearly 5% saving accounts.

But it's also unpredictable enough to be consider a really risky investment so it could be maybe compared to some penny stocks tradings and people who buy that stocks for some cents and sell at dollar, but this kind of trading seems just like altcoin investments. So yeah, traders and rich businessmen from all over the world are probably going to join cryptocurrency world, but I guess they already have done it.
flyingcat

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:18:38 PM

Thank you!
No in my opinion Bitcoin not safe than Gold or Real Estates, most trader are want earning money from Bitcoin market for have them.
Because if you think again about define Bitcoin, it's just a virtual value and still not popular on the world.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:17:31 PM

Thank you!
Yes bitcoin is good, but you are not always sure of the profit you will make; it’s possible you are likely to lose. But with a legit Real Estate investment, you’re sure of a particular percentage/share/profit. But I will still say Bitcoin is the best above all of them, because you’re in control of it.
garmerys

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:35:52 PM

Comparing bitcoin to other markets isn’t too fair. Because everybody is a king in his own lane. In the stocks market there is the big fish in there, so also the CFD and other market. Bitcoin is the big fish in the cryptomarket.
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:39:16 PM

Comparing bitcoin to other markets isn’t too fair. Because everybody is a king in his own lane. In the stocks market there is the big fish in there, so also the CFD and other market. Bitcoin is the big fish in the cryptomarket.
It depends on the field of interest of the investor. If they're into real estates, banking, stocks and bonds. They can tried both the real one with the trusted company and with crypto or btc in the most successful iCO. It will depends if they trust btc enough to invest their money online or they wanted it in a real built company. Bitcoin Advantages is that we do investing in any fields whenever we like with no limits of how much unlike in real once we need to have bunch of money in order to participate.

Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 02:43:47 PM

Investing in Bitcoin is really different from Stock real estates, etc. but can really good in term of ROI. The thing is you need to updated with everything in the ecosystem around bitcoin and follow the trend. To compare with real estate, it's just a buy and forget for 10 years
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2017, 03:07:47 PM

Thank you!

I think there is little comparison between them because bitcoin works in completely different way. There is bitcoin which operates completely virtually and there is stock/bonds/real estates which work on paper and with government regulations. Both are very different set of values and characters with improper comparisons. Due to decentralised nature bitcoin works peer to peer which advantage when considering anonymous transaction with big volumes of money involved. The tax is benefit if we are trading in the bitcoin form and as long as we don't sell the bitcoin for fiat. However, stocks and the stuff are completely named and anyone can track you down for the trades and investment you do. I think the list is very big but the major concerns are about the money volume freedom and anonymous transactions. :-)
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 03:13:38 PM

It is pretty vague to compare everything. For instance not all stocks are created equal, some stocks are good for investments others are only good for short term plays. Also comparing Bitcoin to Real Estate has a lot of differences in Bitcoin you can start with little capital however in Real Estate you need to have a big capital to buy a piece of property. Also real estate investments only appreciates in time, Bitcoin on the other hand fluctuates even if it gets older and older.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:01:34 PM

Thank you!

When comparing, one needs to be mindful of the fact that only likes is compared with likes but for the two categories we have here, I don't see them sharing any similarity because while one category is characterised by  volatility, freedom, decentralisation and even across borders, the others are complete opposite to what we have. So there is no way to compare in my opinion as to which one is better or worse. If you can take the risk, go for it and be sure you are doing so well informed.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 04:58:13 PM

It is pretty vague to compare everything. For instance not all stocks are created equal, some stocks are good for investments others are only good for short term plays. Also comparing Bitcoin to Real Estate has a lot of differences in Bitcoin you can start with little capital however in Real Estate you need to have a big capital to buy a piece of property. Also real estate investments only appreciates in time, Bitcoin on the other hand fluctuates even if it gets older and older.
There is no comparison b/w Bitcoin and real estate it is completely different. Investing in Bitcoin needs just money. But we have to invest in real estate there are many rules and regulations and many paper work formalities heavy risk. Suddenly the land value goes down that's it. Bitcoin is not like that if today the value goes down tomorrow it will recover. And stock exchange i don't believe i saw many of my friends lost money in this stock market.
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:00:28 PM

Investing in Bitcoin is really different from Stock real estates, etc. but can really good in term of ROI. The thing is you need to updated with everything in the ecosystem around bitcoin and follow the trend. To compare with real estate, it's just a buy and forget for 10 years
Real Estate and Gold are really passive income, when we investing to them, we don't need worry about the future of them if us checked carefully the potential (for real estate). This is difference of Bitcoin and asset stable like Real Estate or Gold.
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 05:19:08 PM

Thank you!

It's hard to compare btc with other investment instruments. They have their own charecteristics and most likely that they have little to no similarities at all. When we compare, usually it's about the same thing but one with an additional feature from the other one. In this case of yours, the only thing common with them is "investment" but btc really differ from the others mentioned. Btc is decentralized, unstable and volatile but gives a really great profit. Anyone who wants to have a portion of it can have it either by buying or doing online jobs. While those other investment on the other hand requires big capital and you can't have it in portion. Take for example the real estate, you cannot just do an online job and expect to have one part of it. Can we bought the garage area first then followed by the living room? No.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 08:07:14 PM

What I have understood from your comparison is that bitcoins have a big edge over other investments. No other investment has power of doubling your money in short time than any other form of investment. I will suggest all for investing bigger portion of their savings into bitcoins to have a luxurious lifestyle.
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 08:05:51 AM

Bitcoin is not stable investment and it is running all by means of a decentralised server and involvement of people who are trying to make it better world.

There is little risk while considering bitcoin investment in terms of its volatile nature. The bitcoin is something which may or may not stay for longer time and due to its decentralisation there is fear of government implications regarding its use.

Stocks, bonds, real estate has the real value which is set by government and it has got documented proofs of existence as well as values. It is more reliable trading asset or property which can be sold and bought to anyone in the world whereas bitcoin has less trust when considering global popularity.

It has pros and cons but somehow it's working for now.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀