Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BREAKING NEWS]: Wall Street Predicting Bitcoin To Hit $55,000 In 5 Years  (Read 5256 times)
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:29:01 PM

All this news of high speculation without any basis cannot but amaze me because I don't understand how someone will just sit somewhere do some drawings on the graph and make some predictions on how it will go without even considering several factors and influence outside the control of bitcoin itself. August 1 is coming in which we don't know what the outcome will be for price, someone is here deciding about what will happen to price in the next 5 years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:49:52 PM

Straight of the printing press the paper is still hot and the ink wet as we deliver this story to you this evening.

Top Wall Street strategists see bitcoin 'cannibalizing' gold, worth as much as $55,000.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/07/strategist-tom-lee-weighs-sees-bitcoin-going-as-high-as-55000.html

Updates if we can be bothered to post them...
I see some people replying great news! I won't classify this as great news yet until it happens as these are just mere speculations from someone declaring his or her wishes to the entire globe. Strategist or not, he should tell me if his strategies now allows him to see the future. One thing I'm sure of anyway is that we are heading to the moon and speculations like these too helps!
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:00:55 PM

$55 000 per BTC? Damn!  Cool Grin The 21-Bitcoin-Club members will be literally millionaires!   Roll Eyes

On a more serious note though, Wall Street predicted $5000 per BTC like 3-4 years ago and as we can see we haven't even reached that so I am gonna take their newest prediction with a mine of salt.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:05:36 PM

It is good to see that someone in the Wall Street makes bold predictions on Bitcoin, simply Bitcoin hitting 20,000$ to 55,000$ in the next 5 years is simply big for Bitcoin. What can we translate about it? It means that it is not too late to invest in Bitcoin even in this level as the returns are ten times more in the future. However even if it is predicted by an expert let us not get carried away that Bitcoin is still a volatile currency and we still don't really know the future it will hold for itself. Let us just monitor it frequently.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 02:10:54 PM

$55 000 per BTC? Damn!  Cool Grin The 21-Bitcoin-Club members will be literally millionaires!   Roll Eyes

On a more serious note though, Wall Street predicted $5000 per BTC like 3-4 years ago and as we can see we haven't even reached that so I am gonna take their newest prediction with a mine of salt.

We are very close to $5,000 per coin. If things go as planned in August, then the $5,000 mark is just a formality. These Wall Street analysts are not plain idiots. They know the market, and most of their predictions come true.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:18:59 PM

Straight of the printing press the paper is still hot and the ink wet as we deliver this story to you this evening.

Top Wall Street strategists see bitcoin 'cannibalizing' gold, worth as much as $55,000.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/07/strategist-tom-lee-weighs-sees-bitcoin-going-as-high-as-55000.html

Just one question what is the author of this article high on weed, meth etc? This days people just want to get high and enjoy the popularity of Bitcoins. I think this is the quite high exaggeration at its best. I will be happy if it goes but then I feel it's highly doubtfull I think he may be written 5500 and added one zero by mistake that's what I can infer so far, let's see what others have to say.

whenever price of bitcoin goes up everyone starts to bring out their big guns of speculation and call a different high number. some of them have some good points and some are just throwing numbers. haven't decided which one this is.
but it is not a big thing really to doubt. bitcoin does have the potential of going that high. there is still the same limited number of coins available and the max amount has not changed Smiley
and demand is still rising for this limited supply.

maybe few things gold will be useful for ... wedding rings, electronic circuits, tooth loss, etc ... the financial era is over  Cheesy

"Gold is a chemical element with symbol Au (from Latin: aurum) and atomic number 79. In its purest form, it is a bright, slightly reddish yellow, dense, soft, malleable, and ductile metal. Chemically, gold is a transition metal and a group 11 element" 

Patent1number: ****-****
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:22:41 AM

It might be hard to believe for our bitcoin community as the price is ridiculously high. But the thing is bitcoin community and market cap is very less right now. Bitcoin community being a size of 5 million or less (less than 0.1% of world population). There is huge market available outside. With countries making bitcoin legal and many retailers and merchants accepting bitcoin. Bitcoin will become worldwide phenomenon. Users may rise exponentially. Price will rise with the same pace. $55,000 is possible.
Let us assume that all of the countries will legalize bitcoin in the next few years and as you expect the price will continue to rise exponentially ,but what makes you think that it will attract new people who are yet to start using bitcoin if the price is really high ,i am sure people would not invest in bitcoin for such a high price to use it to purchase goods in the local market. Cheesy
These 7-8 years of bitcoin can answer that very well. How price increased approximately 20,000,000X since 2009 till today. But are there any less numbers of buyers? Definitely a big no. Today people might not able to buy a whole bitcoin. But they can buy in Satoshis and can still earn a good profit by investing in bitcoin. Same will be the case in future.

This is all because of its limited supply and demand will always be there no matter what.
Hence, I believe bitcoin will remain an excellent investment for a reasonably long time.
YouShallNotPass

Activity: 392
Merit: 130

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:34:28 AM

"The way to become rich is to put all your eggs in one basket and then watch your basket." - Andrew Carnegie

Let's see this wolf of wall streets predictions where they could lead us  Grin

Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:26:03 PM

this is so true, three years ago it was worth nothing but look at it now its rate is growing faster, It has already shadowed all other currencies. Like oil and gold which were at a time the biggest resources of economy, now it’s the era of bitcoin and data. Bitcoin will shadow gold and oil in the coming few years. Bitcoin is the future that awaits.
CrewKitten

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:29:10 PM

This would not be surprising, really. Think about it... Bitcoin multiplies by three every time we see a parabolic rise. It would only take a few more of those to get there, and 5 years is certainly enough time. Heck, we could see more than 3x rise, like 6x (previous two parabolic rises). In this case, we could see this figure in just a few years, actually.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:57:53 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 06:26:11 PM by Silberman

Yeah... trust this guy.

http://www.davemanuel.com/2008/08/07/jpmorgan-chase-cos-thomas-lee-stocks-will-rise-much-higher-by-end-of-2008/

PMorgan Chase & Co's Thomas Lee: Stocks Will Rise "Much Higher" by End of 2008

Thomas Lee, the chief equity strategist at JP Morgan Chase & Co., has gone on record twice in the past couple of months, saying that he believes that the S&P 500 will trade "much higher" by the end of 2008. How high? Lee is sticking to a target of 1,450 for the S&P 500, which would be about a 13% gain from today's levels.

Do you remember how this ended?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-06/wall-street-s-most-outspoken-stock-bull-reverses-now-top-bear

It was Lee’s bullishness that made him the least accurate strategist on Wall Street in 2015, when the S&P 500 slid 0.7 percent

This is nothing new analysts are trend followers so when they see some asset is doing good the best thing they can do is to forecast that asset is going to keep doing well,  but as we know there are trend reversals, and when that happens this are the people that end holding the bag with highly overvalued stocks or in the case of crypto tokens.

khan149
Copper Member

Activity: 463
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:33:52 PM

I think after 5years bitcoin hit 1,2000$ but it's my personal opinion.Anything can do after 5years.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:39:32 PM

I'd rather keep encouraging a non-compromised Bitcoin and its continuous decentralization than be seduced with an insane price.
CuriousInvestor

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:02:30 PM

It's funny when the traditional finance world tries to predict crypto...lol.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:10:51 PM

$55,000 that's unrealistic. We are not even getting back at $3,000 at this moment and there are some already speculating $4,000 , $5,000 and others are saying $10,000. This is just attracting new investors, wall street is one of the most known for having investors, businesses that are big. And I guess this is good for us.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
thebpit

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:24:27 PM

crazy that this might actually be true
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:37:48 PM

We always see this strategist and analysis in the news it is something to have some kind of entertainment in their part. Another scenario I see is that this man is hyping up Bitcoin because he is holding some of it and maybe his friends as well, this has happened in the past and will happen until now. So from my perspective even if he is an analysts we still want to do our own research as it is much safer and will create less bias for Bitcoin.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:56:29 AM

I dont see bitcoin price will reach 55,000 dollars each because thay price is very high . Many people said the maximum price of bitcoin will be 10k to 20k dollars each. And I think it will happen 10k dollars in the next few years but 55k dollars is very impossible to happen. 10k dollars is good and enought to make a lot of money if you have thousands of bitcoins for sure you will become rich or millionairr in the future.
An1ks

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:50:47 PM

I think it is a bit overrated. 55000$ it is 23x growth. It is possible at the begining.. But now, it is not possible, I think. This value will be devided between 3-4 Crypto currencies.
michaelmoore1867

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:08:03 PM

I still keep bitcoin in my wallet, I think in five years it will be worth much more than that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: