Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A request to BTB (Bitbar) holders  (Read 4244 times)
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:00:42 PM

I mined about a quarter of a bitbar, which after getting 520 confirms, will probably get in my wallet in about 2.5 days. I hope bitbar's trading value isn't 0 by then.

I am not really one to shit on any altcoin (Ill mine anything that makes a profit, as long as their is a reasonable chance that someone will buy it) but what is the rationale for saying bitbars are just as valuable (or greater) than bitcoin? The only reasons I see posted is that:

"bar" sounds more valuable than "coin"
it also has "bit" in the name, just like bitcoin
a high resolution picture of gold bars was posted in a bitbar thread

Besides just hoping something you hold becomes valuable, what real reasons is there to expect bitbars to be valuable and worth holding to maturity? Again, I'm really not shitting on this alt, I just want to know if there is more to it than just having a different type of name and moving the decimal point a few places to seem rarer than most of other cryptos.

For starters, it is the first non-premined scrypt hybrid PoS+PoW network in existence, hows that for value? Anyone that is claiming "premine" is either ignorant or is going nuts over 60 blocks of accidental pre-mine.

Now, yes a lot of BTB were created on the first day and in the hands of early adopters, but that's the same thing with nearly every single coin, Bitcoin included. Without early adopters, the coin would be difficult to gain any traction, awareness or promotion. Bitcoin early adopters are now multi-millionaires, how's that for early adopter scam?

Thanks for sharing this here it is supporting for my request. I was fighting alone with fools here. I started a thread because People are selling really low as its just an ordinary coin. Biggest fools
I just have .194BTB but i know how value able it is and people are selling 3 to four for sooooo low price.

Lol I'm gonna buy .2 BTB just to have more than you
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:01:04 PM

Actually, it is only a few trying to dump down the BTB price.  If people are smart enough they will see a lot of people tried to do the same thing with btc on mtgox. They made a lot of 0.01 BTC sell order to decrease price and vice versa.

that's just a market order.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
nawazish1 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:04:45 PM

I mined about a quarter of a bitbar, which after getting 520 confirms, will probably get in my wallet in about 2.5 days. I hope bitbar's trading value isn't 0 by then.

I am not really one to shit on any altcoin (Ill mine anything that makes a profit, as long as their is a reasonable chance that someone will buy it) but what is the rationale for saying bitbars are just as valuable (or greater) than bitcoin? The only reasons I see posted is that:

"bar" sounds more valuable than "coin"
it also has "bit" in the name, just like bitcoin
a high resolution picture of gold bars was posted in a bitbar thread

Besides just hoping something you hold becomes valuable, what real reasons is there to expect bitbars to be valuable and worth holding to maturity? Again, I'm really not shitting on this alt, I just want to know if there is more to it than just having a different type of name and moving the decimal point a few places to seem rarer than most of other cryptos.

For starters, it is the first non-premined scrypt hybrid PoS+PoW network in existence, hows that for value? Anyone that is claiming "premine" is either ignorant or is going nuts over 60 blocks of accidental pre-mine.

Now, yes a lot of BTB were created on the first day and in the hands of early adopters, but that's the same thing with nearly every single coin, Bitcoin included. Without early adopters, the coin would be difficult to gain any traction, awareness or promotion. Bitcoin early adopters are now multi-millionaires, how's that for early adopter scam?

Thanks for sharing this here it is supporting for my request. I was fighting alone with fools here. I started a thread because People are selling really low as its just an ordinary coin. Biggest fools
I just have .194BTB but i know how value able it is and people are selling 3 to four for sooooo low price.

Lol I'm gonna buy .2 BTB just to have more than you

Then go buy them before u are too late.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
computerparts

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:05:49 PM

The majority of people didn't jump on the BTB wagon until it was live on an exchange, but for the people that were mining a week ago that hold the majority now (actually a day or two ago) is the best time to sell. Mine for a week, sell 85% at peak of interest, admire your profit and hold the other 15% as insurance just incase things pickup.

I'd gladly take a money tree over a pocket full of money seeds any day.

It's people like you that made me rich. The world needs more people like you.  Grin
Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:09:26 PM

The majority of people didn't jump on the BTB wagon until it was live on an exchange, but for the people that were mining a week ago that hold the majority now (actually a day or two ago) is the best time to sell. Mine for a week, sell 85% at peak of interest, admire your profit and hold the other 15% as insurance just incase things pickup.

It's people like you that made me rich. The world needs more people like you.  Grin
`

Yes, there are always people that selling out panic low. what we now see is just normal.
Future will lead BTB. Its so different then any other coins.

vinne81

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:21:24 PM

`

Yes, there are always people that selling out panic low. what we now see is just normal.
Future will lead BTB. Its so different then any other coins.

Why is it different Huh
Sou

Activity: 210

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:32:48 PM

The currant BTB market = people selling, people holding, and no one buying - that is an objective observation.

Why should people buy BTB?

Is it actually solving any actual problems?

What is it's role in crypto?

I would like your honest answers, please.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:48:17 PM

The currant BTB market = people selling, people holding, and no one buying - that is an objective observation.

I would like your honest answers, please.

BTB has a place among the ones that are so fool to believe that missed "the early adopters" train for BTC. They are so fucking stupid that they do not realize they are still early adopter, because Bitcoin has such a huge potential and it's still so tiny, than it can just go bust or grow many orders of magnitude.

So, this is how it works: greed fuels the need to be a super "early adopter". Scammers best friend is fools greed. The scammers release a new cryptocurrency which solves absolutely nothing and which only purpose is to get profit. This alt crypto is premined HARD, a couple of folks get the most of the coins that will ever exist, and they promote their ponzi hard. Fools rush to be the "first in", but the fact is that they are very late to the party - they are the very last in, as 95% of the coins are in the hands of the "developer" and his folks. Everybody wants to be part of the "pump". And as soon as the coin reaches a major exchange, the "developer" and his friends finally dump all his coins, making BTB worth 0.

Answering more concretely to your question: BTB is solving a very important problem. The problem is "how do I take fool's money as quick as possible"?

TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:16:19 PM

Once people have forgotten about the 0 difficulty ready-set-mine-mine-mine scam where insiders got most of the bars ever mined, they should increase alot in value. Lets hope they forget. I'm holding my bitbars for now.

Ha ha ha, yeah that's a great attitude. Lets bury the fact that it's a total scam and pretend that the turd is worth anything.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:17:40 PM

BTB future: The coin will die. People will stop mining as it is not profitable anymore, so the blockchain will not propagate transactions which will cause more people to stop mining until it is dead. The end.
balu

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:20:27 PM

Lucky thing is that it will readjust way quicker than FTC and similar coins. I'm really curious how the difficulty calculating mechanism will deal with such a drop in hashrate.
mr_right

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:24:02 PM

i have a solution for you, make a buy order for 10btc, it'll boost the price
nawazish1 (OP)

PXC Research Team

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:30:09 PM

BTB future: The coin will die. People will stop mining as it is not profitable anymore, so the blockchain will not propagate transactions which will cause more people to stop mining until it is dead. The end.

The same way BTC will end. So why its price is $112. You just helped me dude. thanks

Legend21

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:33:22 PM

BTER.com mayble 80 -100 visitors on the BTB. Wait till other exchanges acept and more people read about the system.

Its only matter of time. The begin price is always overrated.
Sou

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:47:15 PM

The same way BTC will end. So why its price is $112. You just helped me dude. thanks

But, still...

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:53:48 PM

But, still...

If nothing else it's an interesting economics experiment - make a coin super scarce to mine, if people decide it has value what happens to the price. It is kind of cool seeing an alt crypto selling for $50... will be interesting to see where it ends up a week from now, price seems quite volatile.
Sou

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:54:52 PM

BTER.com mayble 80 -100 visitors on the BTB. Wait till other exchanges acept and more people read about the system.

Its only matter of time. The begin price is always overrated.

Why is it only a matter of time? What will they "read about the system" that will increase its adoption?

Buying now because "its only a matter of time" before it increases in price seems illogical if, it only increase in price if people buy now.
nawazish1 (OP)

PXC Research Team

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:54:57 PM

But, still...

What do you want cryptos to do they r not real money and r all going to die in the end so go for the profit not the crypto itself. What kind of problems you want to be solved by them even BTC is still not helping in anything rather then investment. And investment can be done on any crypto.

Sou

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:58:25 PM

But, still...

If nothing else it's an interesting economics experiment - make a coin super scarce to mine, if people decide it has value what happens to the price. It is kind of cool seeing an alt crypto selling for $50... will be interesting to see where it ends up a week from now, price seems quite volatile.

I agree with you, it has been incredible interesting. There is a lot to be learned about mass psychology, and what thought patterns drive an economy. It fascinating to say the least.
Sou

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:11:07 PM

But, still...

What do you want cryptos to do they r not real money and r all going to die in the end so go for the profit not the crypto itself. What kind of problems you want to be solved by them even BTC is still not helping in anything rather then investment. And investment can be done on any crypto.

"What do you want cryptos to do they r not real money and r all going to die in the end so go for the profit not the crypto itself"

Actually, they seem to be a logical progression in the evolution of money. As the world around us changes and the internet becomes a more and more integrated part in society advancing every facit of the daily life it only makes sense that it would have its role in the evolution of money as well.

"What kind of problems you want to be solved by them even BTC is still not helping in anything rather then investment."

Well, simply take note of all the flaws in the modern financial system - you know the ones that people are rioting against all over the world. The ones that benefit the few while crushing the many...BTC can solve some of those.

"And investment can be done on any crypto"

That is true. I believe that it has been done with BTB. Both the team behind its development as well the miners have all invested their time and resources, for which they profit for now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: