Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:00:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Excavator GUI by cTnko - Miner Interface for beginners and advanced users [0.9]  (Read 11353 times)
cTnko (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:18:32 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 12:50:28 PM by cTnko

Hi everyone, since my Excavator GUI gained enough traction between users, i am creating its own official thread.

Excavator by NiceHash download link - https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases
Excavator GUI by cTnko download link - https://github.com/cTn-dev/Excavator-GUI/releases

Excavator GUI was built for Excavator GPU miner by NiceHash to allow easier configuration and leverage the advanced functionality this miner offers.

Screenshots

Youtube Videos
Introduction to mining with Excavator GUI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMeigyZYwPw
Backup Pools and Overclocking Profiles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2eh2UMeAjU
Mining Ethereum on suprnova.cc - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV89l1M9y7U

Why should i use Excavator with GUI instead of just the console version?
- You don't have to use command file at all, you don't have to restart the miner for the new settings to take effect.
- Flexibility, you are able to add/remove jobs, devices & workers on the fly.
- Easy read-out of hashrate and shares for every worker and every job
- GPU monitoring for temperature, gpu and mcu usage, TDP % and Watt usage
- Backup pools support (if primary pool goes down, GUI can automatically switch to a backup pool/s)
- You can setup Overclock for your hardware on the fly
- You can define Overclocking Profiles that get applied when specific job is started
- Adding GPU to a job will automatically spawn recommended amount of workers for best utilization (great for beginners)
- Much more, check the https://github.com/cTn-dev/Excavator-GUI for more info.

Limitations
daggerhashimoto is currently only supported on nicehash and suprnova (this is Excavator limitation, not GUI limitation)
Excavator GUI doesn't work on Windows 10 Education (reason currently unknown)

Disclaimer
Excavator GUI contains 1% developer fee
The developer fee only gets applied after extensive period of time, any short time mining sessions won't be affected by this fee at all.
There will be a clear visual indication in the GUI when the 1% fee will be mined.
If you don't agree with this, please don't use it!

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:21:13 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 12:50:53 PM by cTnko

Changelog
Code:
29.07.2017 @ 0.9
- Added lyra2rev2 algorithm support for nvidia cards
- Updated NWJS to version 0.24.0

24.07.2017 @ 0.8
- Added instability monitoring/protection related to Overclocking
- Added "Reset Statistics" for a worker button (advanced feature)
- Backup Pools functionality is now only visible when advanced settings are enabled
- Minor style changes

13.07.2017 @ 0.7
- Added "Display Advanced Settings" checkbox in settings area (enabling various advanced features)
- Excavator Local IP address is now configurable (advanced feature)
- Excavator Authorization Token is now configurable (advanced feature)
- Added Configuration Backup / Restore functionality (advanced feature)
- Updated NW.js to version 0.23.6
- Bugfix (Unsupported Overclocking options are no longer visible on AMD cards)

09.07.2017 @ 0.6
- Possible Bugfix/Workaround for excessive daggerhashimoto share rejects

09.07.2017 @ 0.5
- AMD Support enabled by default (Excavator won't communicate if there are no supported devices detected)
- AMD Support can now only be disabled when an NVIDIA GPU is detected in the system
- Fix typo in Threshold

08.07.2017 @ 0.4
- Added Settings section
- Added "Start Excavator GUI on Windows Startup" functionality (disabled by default)
- Excavator console & file logging levels are now configurable in the GUI
- Excavator AMD support is now configurable in the GUI (disabled by default)
- Backup Pool threshold is now configurable (15-300 seconds)
- Job share counters will now reset only when necessary
- AMD Support disabled by default (Can be enabled in Settings section)
- Adjusted some input fields to allow more clearer setup for suprnova

06.07.2017 @ 0.3
- Added Backup Pools functionality (unlimited amount of backup pools for each job)
- Added Overclocking Profiles functionality (unlimited amount of profiles)
- Bugfixes & Small UI enhancements

03.07.2017 @ 0.2
- Added confirmation dialogs for job/pool/wallet removal
- Fix Overclocking fan speed always showing as auto
- Potential fix for worker UI blocks occasionally disappearing

02.07.2017 @ 0.1
- First public release
zorvalth

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:48:17 AM

worker.reset button for tests might be helpful because the speed of dagger level slow because of the dag creation in the beginning. Also algo/worker params support will be nice.
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:11:32 PM

worker.reset button for tests might be helpful because the speed of dagger level slow because of the dag creation in the beginning. Also algo/worker params support will be nice.

Regarding the reset button, i am thinking of adding "advanced settings" checkbox in settings, that would enable button like this, since the UI is quickly becoming more and more complex, which i am not a big fan of.
I want it as simple as possible for the newbie miner, but also feature packed for all the experienced miners.

Regarding the worker parameters, are there any specific algos that you tend to tweak the parameters a lot? (I am trying to establish how critical this feature would be and which algos need to get the support first, as every algo usually take different type of parameters, it would take a while to properly implement all of them).
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:24:18 PM

I have pushed an small update out for AMD users, since i received reports where GUI wouldn't load due to "no supported device detected", this condition appears to block the API communication.
AMD Support is enabled by default.
The AMD Support enabled/disabled option will now only be visible for machines that have at least one NVIDIA GPU installed, this should prevent AMD users from locking them selves out.

I have also uploaded a short video explaining how to setup the GUI for mining on suprnova - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV89l1M9y7U (since daggerhashimoto in excavator only supports nicehash and suprnova pools).

Please keep the bug reports and feature ideas coming!

Happy Mining
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:51:38 PM

Hi guys, i am currently investigating reports of excessive share rejects while running daggerhashimoto for several hours, have any of you experienced such behavior?
If yes, could you please enable Excavator File Logging (0 - Full Logging) in Settings section, let it mine and when the problem occurs again, shut down the GUI and send me the log file.

Thank you!
Fat_Shady

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:42:36 PM

Hi!

I am new to this thing. I have successfully used your GUI. It is basically my first day today of mining. I have added my wallet ID as well already and everything is in order. Question is, I came from Nicehash miner and it automatically send me the money to my wallet. Is that the same case as this one? Will my earning automatically go to my wallet? I am a noob here. Thanks for reading and hopefully for responding.
Romeo26222

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 07:59:18 PM

Very nice job here..
I have a question
when I choose to start the GUI with windows, will it run the job automatically or not?
because if it will not run the job it will be useless in case of power cut and pc restarts..
regards
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:25:12 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 10:35:49 PM by cTnko

Hi!

I am new to this thing. I have successfully used your GUI. It is basically my first day today of mining. I have added my wallet ID as well already and everything is in order. Question is, I came from Nicehash miner and it automatically send me the money to my wallet. Is that the same case as this one? Will my earning automatically go to my wallet? I am a noob here. Thanks for reading and hopefully for responding.

Hi, the payout depends on the pool that you are using (its the pool that sends you the money not the mining app), i am guessing you are mining on nicehash pool? If yo set your bitcoin wallet in the app and started the job without any issues, everything should be in order (you can check the excavator console to see if you got authenticated correctly).

Once you reach the minimal payout threshold the pool should send money to your wallet automatically.
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:28:59 PM

Very nice job here..
I have a question
when I choose to start the GUI with windows, will it run the job automatically or not?
because if it will not run the job it will be useless in case of power cut and pc restarts..
regards

Hi, if the GUI was mining (had active job/s) it will automatically resume the jobs when the power cut or pc restart occurs.
You can test it by having at least one job running, close the app, it will close both the gui and excavator, then start the app again, it should automatically start any jobs that were active before.

In other words, don't worry about it, everything is being taken care of on the restart/autostart end :-)
Romeo26222

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:54:59 AM

Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards

Hi, if the GUI was mining (had active job/s) it will automatically resume the jobs when the power cut or pc restart occurs.
You can test it by having at least one job running, close the app, it will close both the gui and excavator, then start the app again, it should automatically start any jobs that were active before.

In other words, don't worry about it, everything is being taken care of on the restart/autostart end :-)

good, I already tried and it works
one other thing, I want to change the web api port from 127.0.0.1 to my local rig ip address so I can access it remotely from other pc, I can do this from the excavator bat file but from your GUI I can't find that option..
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:35:33 AM

Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards

one other thing, I want to change the web api port from 127.0.0.1 to my local rig ip address so I can access it remotely from other pc, I can do this from the excavator bat file but from your GUI I can't find that option..

You are correct (currently this isn't possible), because inserting the API address manually could create a miss-configuration (if the IP changed) that would render the GUI completely disabled.
However, i could try to implement this in a way where the GUI would fetch your local IP address and allow you to either use the 127.0.0.1 or the local IP.
Would you be ok with something like that ?
Romeo26222

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:41:45 AM

Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards

You are correct (currently this isn't possible), because inserting the API address manually could create a miss-configuration (if the IP changed) that would render the GUI completely disabled.
However, i could try to implement this in a way where the GUI would fetch your local IP address and allow you to either use the 127.0.0.1 or the local IP.

yes this will be great because this is the only issue making me not able to use your software..
one other thing,when the miner starts mining the 1% for you, does it mine with all the GPU and disconnects the mining to my pool or it just use some of the hashing power towards you and keep mining both ways..
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:51:59 AM

Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards

yes this will be great because this is the only issue making me not able to use your software..
one other thing,when the miner starts mining the 1% for you, does it mine with all the GPU and disconnects the mining to my pool or it just use some of the hashing power towards you and keep mining both ways..

Ill try to look into the the local IP feature then, if it will be possible it will be most likely released with the import/export GUI configuration feature that people requested.

The 1% fee uses all GPUs that were mining, it disconnects from the mining pool for a little over a minute and when its done it connects back.
So the hashing values you see in the overview area are always displaying 100% of what the hardware can push out.
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:19:32 PM

@Romeo26222 regarding the local IP settings, when you use it (with just the regular Excavator) can you instantly access it from a second pc on the network, or does it require some tinkering in firewall, etc?

As i am testing it right now and i can't seem to access the second PC even though the IP and port is bound correctly (always times out).
aGeoM

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:11:24 PM

Hi

First I want to tank you, for you work.

Now, some issues I found, in versinos 0.3,0.5 and 0.6, have to do with the hardware page, meaning the overclock, I have 2 AMD GPUs an RX560 and RX580, as soon as I start the GUI, it interferes with my fan settings, putting them on AUTO or something (e.q WattMan set fan 100% it overwrite fan speed but settings on WatMan still at 100%), any setting on your overclock page does not work. Any way to disable or have overclock working. I don't need the overclock function since I use Wattman, but would be nice.

How can I recover setting from a old version to the new one?

Thanks
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:26:40 PM

Hi

First I want to tank you, for you work.

Now, some issues I found, in versinos 0.3,0.5 and 0.6, have to do with the hardware page, meaning the overclock, I have 2 AMD GPUs an RX560 and RX580, as soon as I start the GUI, it interferes with my fan settings, putting them on AUTO or something (e.q WattMan set fan 100% it overwrite fan speed but settings on WatMan still at 100%), any setting on your overclock page does not work. Any way to disable or have overclock working. I don't need the overclock function since I use Wattman, but would be nice.

How can I recover setting from a old version to the new one?

Thanks

Hi, the fan speed bug is actually caused by excavator it self (i was told it will be fixed in v1.2.11 alpha, which most of AMD users are waiting for).
Regarding the overclock settings in hardware page, the UI shouldn't show the overclocking options when you are just using AMD cards (since Excavator doesn't support overclocking on AMD cards yet).

Would you be so kind to take a screenshot of the hardware section for me?

Regarding the settings recovery, i am currently working on an backup / restore functionality which should be released in the next couple of days.
Romeo26222

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:35:32 PM

@Romeo26222 regarding the local IP settings, when you use it (with just the regular Excavator) can you instantly access it from a second pc on the network, or does it require some tinkering in firewall, etc?

As i am testing it right now and i can't seem to access the second PC even though the IP and port is bound correctly (always times out).

Yes I can access it directly from the network
and I made a port forward and no-ip address on my router so I can also access the API from the web also..
check here
http://romeo26222.hopto.org:42000/
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:54:46 PM

Yes I can access it directly from the network
and I made a port forward and no-ip address on my router so I can also access the API from the web also..
check here
http://romeo26222.hopto.org:42000/

That's a smart way of using it, i guess my antivirus/antimalware must be interfering somehow in my case, i will investigate further, thank you for the info!

This is how it will be adjusted in the next release :-)

aGeoM

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:26:08 PM

Hi, the fan speed bug is actually caused by excavator it self (i was told it will be fixed in v1.2.11 alpha, which most of AMD users are waiting for).
Regarding the overclock settings in hardware page, the UI shouldn't show the overclocking options when you are just using AMD cards (since Excavator doesn't support overclocking on AMD cards yet).

Regarding the settings recovery, i am currently working on an backup / restore functionality which should be released in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the reply.

I can take a SS of the hardware page, it's the same as I saw in your youtube videos, CPU delta, Mem delta, TDP % and Fan. The problem ATM is I can't run your GUI without Excavator.exe or even a fake one Smiley, because it starts with your GUI and it messes with my fan control, the way to fix is DDU to clean drivers configuration and new driver install. Maybe (it's just an opinion) GUI should only start excavator when a job starts, anyway if it is important the SS I will stop mining and do what ever is needed to take it and post here.

I'm glad to see the configurations backup option will be available in the next release.

All the best...
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:34:56 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I can take a SS of the hardware page, it's the same as I saw in your youtube videos, CPU delta, Mem delta, TDP % and Fan. The problem ATM is I can't run your GUI without Excavator.exe or even a fake one Smiley, because it starts with your GUI and it messes with my fan control, the way to fix is DDU to clean drivers configuration and new driver install. Maybe (it's just an opinion) GUI should only start excavator when a job starts, anyway if it is important the SS I will stop mining and do what ever is needed to take it and post here.

I'm glad to see the configurations backup option will be available in the next release.

All the best...

Ou, i didn't know its that much trouble to recover from the 0 fun bug, sorry to heart that Sad
In this case, could you please just list how the name of your cards are shown in the hardware section?

For example on my machine:
0 - GeForce GTX 1080
1 - GeForce GTX 1070

I am trying to find out the exact naming scheme excavator uses for AMD cards, since the current verification (that should disable overclocking on AMD cards) is failing, i will check the names reported by excavator and enable/disable overclocking based on that.
aGeoM

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:51:34 PM

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/8512233GUIExcavator.jpg

cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 04:57:22 PM

Awesome! Thank you that's super helpful.
One more thing, could you please run this command in your browser and paste the output here? (regular Excavator is enough for this, no need to run the Excavator GUI).

Obviously replace the address/port if you changed them.
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:38080/api?command={%22id%22:1,%22method%22:%22device.list%22,%22params%22:[]}

I am trying to find out if there is a bug in Excavator API.
aGeoM

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:22:36 PM

Don't know how to do it, but...

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/4527497Excavator.jpg
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:34:37 PM

Don't know how to do it, but...

Ou, you run it in your browser, as you remember, if you start the default excavator, after 5 seconds it opens an "info" web page in your browser.
You just paste the command i posted in your URL bar and press enter.

It should return something looking like this, this is the data i am looking for.

Code:
{"devices":[{"device_id":0,"name":"GeForce GTX 980 Ti","gpgpu_type":1,"details":{"cuda_id":0,"sm_major":5,"sm_minor":2,"bus_id":1}}],"id":1,"error":null}
aGeoM

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:49:23 PM

Code:
{"devices":[{"device_id":0,"name":"AMD Radeon RX 560 Series","gpgpu_type":2,"details":{"dev_id":0,"platform_id":0,"bus_id":34}},{"device_id":1,"name":"AMD Radeon RX 580 Series","gpgpu_type":2,"details":{"dev_id":1,"platform_id":0,"bus_id":35}}],"id":1,"error":null}

I got it, never run it like that, lol
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:53:17 PM

Code:
{"devices":[{"device_id":0,"name":"AMD Radeon RX 560 Series","gpgpu_type":2,"details":{"dev_id":0,"platform_id":0,"bus_id":34}},{"device_id":1,"name":"AMD Radeon RX 580 Series","gpgpu_type":2,"details":{"dev_id":1,"platform_id":0,"bus_id":35}}],"id":1,"error":null}

I got it, never run it like that, lol

Heh :-)
From the data it looks like the bug is in my GUI (not properly disabling/hiding the OC functionality), ill try to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks again!
aGeoM

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:11:06 PM

Welcome

But this time when I just ran the excavator the fans went messed up again, a reset drivers with reboot it is not enough, I had to DDU. Sad

Let's hope for the excalator new version...
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:16:54 PM

Welcome

But this time when I just ran the excavator the fans went messed up again, a reset drivers with reboot it is not enough, I had to DDU. Sad

Let's hope for the excalator new version...

Yeah, that's definitely an really really ugly bug.
I just asked about thew new version here - https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues/30
Hopefully it will be released soon.

The backup/restore functionality is fully implemented (i am currently testing it), also the local IP configuration that @Romeo26222 requested was implemented.
I also added support for configurable authorization token to go with it, as i think that is a must have when binding to local IP (for security reasons).

Screenshot:
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:32:46 PM

Hi everyone, i am happy to announce that i just released version 0.7 of the GUI, implementing another set of nice features.

The primary new feature is Backup/Restore functionality which was requested both here on the forums and on github.
It allows you to create a backup of your configuration which you can later use to restore, i recommend using this feature when you are upgrading to a new version of Excavator GUI, to make the transition faster.
I would still consider the feature as "experimental" but so far i haven't ran into any issues while testing it. (If you do, please report it either here or on github page).
To access this functionality go to Settings section and check the "Display Advanced Settings" checkbox, new UI will be displayed afterwards.

Second new "feature" is the ability to change the ip address and authorization token of Excavator process which is managed by the Excavator GUI.
This feature was requested by @Romeo26222 on this forum, hopefully it was implemented in a way that will satisfy his or anyone else's needs to configure those launch parameters.
Both Local IP address & Authorization Token can be found in Settings section after checking the "Display Advanced Settings" checkbox.

This build also contains small bugfix which previously allowed AMD users to interact with Overclocking UI (which currently doesn't support AMD cards).
Big thanks to @aGeoM which provided the info necessary to hunt this bug down.

That's it for this update, enjoy & happy mining!

Changelog:
Code:
13.07.2017 @ 0.7
- Added "Display Advanced Settings" checkbox in settings area (enabling various advanced features)
- Excavator Local IP address is now configurable (advanced feature)
- Excavator Authorization Token is now configurable (advanced feature)
- Added Configuration Backup / Restore functionality (advanced feature)
- Updated NW.js to version 0.23.6
- Bugfix (Unsupported Overclocking options are no longer visible on AMD cards)
aGeoM

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:02:20 AM

Tested

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/2484282GUIExcavator2.jpg

Suggestion, possibility to edit pools.

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/3680030GUIExcavator3.jpg
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:10:55 AM

Tested

Suggestion, possibility to edit pools.

Awesome, so other than the fan speed acting up due to Excavator it self, the GUI is working correctly now?

Regarding the pool edit, its on the todo list, i will also add a little bit of extra validation to make it little bit less prone to input errors.
aGeoM

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 12:55:19 AM

Yes, it is OK. I like the simplicity on configurations, Pools, Wallet, Jobs, adding cards to Jobs and Auto Configuration to workers related to coins.  Cool

Great.
namjey

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:15:50 AM

Just wanted to clarify.
The devfee of 1% is for excavator GUI developer(cTnko).
Is there additional devfee to excavator miner itself(nicehash)??
zorvalth

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:28:52 AM

Do you think its possible to add some kind of auto profit switcher as it is mostly nicehash miner?
Romeo26222

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:40:53 AM

@cTnko
thanks so much for this incredible update.
I am thinking about another feature if you can add that will be a life changer
I am thinking of remote managing and controlling of the miner, as you know we can open the port and redirect it to our local pc, so I want to open the GUI on my laptop at work and it will connect to my RIG at home and gives me statistics of the mining and I can also give it commands to make like overclocking or switching pools etc..
can this be achieved?
my guessing is that you need to add an option to specify the location of the excavator instead of using the local folder we can redirect it to the remote folder location at the RIG pc..
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:44:21 AM

Just wanted to clarify.
The devfee of 1% is for excavator GUI developer(cTnko).
Is there additional devfee to excavator miner itself(nicehash)??

Hi, no, there are no additional fees in the excavator miner it self.

@zorvalth

While i definitely think this is possible (as long there is a suitable API for fetching the profitability for each algorithm), i am currently "not sold" on the whole profitability switching idea.
Unless someone can provide some strong points for it + math proving its long time effectiveness that would convince me to start working on it.
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:00:43 AM

@cTnko
thanks so much for this incredible update.
I am thinking about another feature if you can add that will be a life changer
I am thinking of remote managing and controlling of the miner, as you know we can open the port and redirect it to our local pc, so I want to open the GUI on my laptop at work and it will connect to my RIG at home and gives me statistics of the mining and I can also give it commands to make like overclocking or switching pools etc..
can this be achieved?
my guessing is that you need to add an option to specify the location of the excavator instead of using the local folder we can redirect it to the remote folder location at the RIG pc..

I am glad you are liking the update :-)

About the "remote management", i am indeed planning to start working on something similar (although not exactly what you described).
I am still waiting to see if more users will start using the GUI, as currently only couple of users are using it and this feature would take some serious time to implement.

Please keep in mind that this is all at theoretical stage now, i haven't started writing the code for it, so the functionality may change.
I was thinking of having a "remote" section in the GUI, but, it would be a so called master-slave configuration for local network (obviously if you would forward the ports the way you did, you could control the rigs over the internet as well).
What i mean by master-slave configuration is, that for example, you would have 10 rigs that have only the regular Excavator running, but one machine on the network would be running the GUI which would control them all (start/stop the jobs, apply overclocking etc).
Right now, if one GUI is running and controlling one machine, it wouldn't take kindly to another GUI trying to remotely change settings (it would work, but it would create a temporary miss-configuration) which will create issue for long time running GUI process on the machine which could only be fixed by restarting the GUI (removing the miss-configuration).

Obviously this feature set would be heavily affected by ideas from you guys, as i don't have mining rigs, not even a proper mining rig, so i have no clue when it comes to what features you require to manage all the rigs.
zorvalth

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:31:48 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 11:16:52 AM by zorvalth

@cTnko, you have all needed information in the nicehash api itself. There is no even a complicated math included you just need to fetch the current profitability for each algo and multiply it by the user hashrate. The only other thing is to maybe let user add watts and electricity price for each algo, but even without it its ok, the watts are close for each algos

Example:
here is the stats: https://api.nicehash.com/api?method=stats.global.current
at this moment the eth profitability is: price":"0.0311 BTC/GH/Day

if the user have lets say 150mh that means 0.150GH * 0.0311 = 0.004665 btc per day ~ 11.23 usd/day

cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:18:36 PM

@cTnko, you have all needed information in the nicehash api itself. There is no even a complicated math included you just need to fetch the current profitability for each algo and multiply it by the user hashrate. The only other thing is to maybe let user add watts and electricity price for each algo, but even without it its ok, the watts are close for each algos

Example:
here is the stats: https://api.nicehash.com/api?method=stats.global.current
at this moment the eth profitability is: price":"0.0311 BTC/GH/Day

if the user have lets say 150mh that means 0.150GH * 0.0311 = 0.004665 btc per day ~ 11.23 usd/day

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=api

Thanks, i will have a deeper look at the API.
Do you by any chance know, what does the "ltc" mean? Are the values compared to litecoin price?
The API documentation could certainly be more detailed.

profitability_above_ltc : "8.27" - profitability above what?
price : "0.1683" - price in what, for what?
profitability_ltc : "0.1554" - uhmm?
algo : 0 - yeah at least this one is clear as they provide a list of algorithm IDs
speed : "27.0678" - speed of what? total pool speed?

Code:
{"result":{"stats":[{"profitability_above_ltc":"34.30","price":"0.0482","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":0,"speed":"929.51381496"},{"price":"0.4025","profitability_btc":"0.3548","profitability_above_btc":"13.42","algo":1,"speed":"53493928.62033118"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0000","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":2,"speed":"0.00000000"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"193.37","price":"0.0070","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":3,"speed":"1187.48301215"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-42.06","price":"0.0032","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":4,"speed":"19.61202792"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"1489.36","price":"0.0011","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":5,"speed":"77.67202709"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-1.06","price":"0.0071","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":6,"speed":"43.41975650"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"582.06","price":"0.0175","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":7,"speed":"13.20372064"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"733.24","price":"0.6648","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":8,"speed":"0.21202950"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"136.55","price":"0.0485","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":9,"speed":"0.48081807"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0000","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":10,"speed":"0.00000000"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"169.71","price":"0.0061","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":11,"speed":"109.88701219"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"169.85","price":"0.0046","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":12,"speed":"17.64033086"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0000","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":13,"speed":"0.00000000"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"819.31","price":"0.0194","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":14,"speed":"639.78940011"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0000","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":15,"speed":"0.00000000"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"662832.70","price":"0.0680","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":16,"speed":"2.39433600"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0000","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":17,"speed":"0.00000000"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0000","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":18,"speed":"0.00000000"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0003","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":19,"speed":"0.00016870"},{"price":"0.0312","algo":20,"speed":"3377.46379927","profitability_eth":"0.0227","profitability_above_eth":"37.57"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"1437814.75","price":"0.2717","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":21,"speed":"54613.64625313"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.6956","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":22,"speed":"0.01264866"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"2.4919","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":23,"speed":"1723.50315956"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"1.8703","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":24,"speed":"0.02088755"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.3684","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":25,"speed":"1446.59769438"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.0520","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":26,"speed":"1.69908912"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.2536","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":27,"speed":"1415.50665240"},{"profitability_above_ltc":"-100.00","price":"0.1681","profitability_ltc":"0.0359","algo":28,"speed":"238.40915660"}]},"method":"stats.global.current"}
zorvalth

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

I have never carfed about both profitabilty values but the other 3 are clear:

Algo 20 is dagger(eth). From here https://www.nicehash.com/api?method=stats.global.current the eth stats are:

{"price":"0.0313","algo":20,"speed":"3343.53403830","profitability_eth":"0.0226","profitability_above_eth":"38.68"}

You can figure it out the rest from the stats page of each algo:

Price is the one yo uneed - 0.0313 BTC per GH per Day
algo is explained in the main page
speed is the hashing speed of the algo in nicehash in GH for ether : 3343 GH - you dont really need this.

for auto profit switch you just need the price of the algos in excavator.
namjey

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:42:06 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 07:03:18 PM by namjey

Hey cTnko, I have been using your miner for 1 day and have some problems!

I got 484 rejects out of 2930 accepted shares!! I am mining LBC on suprnova. If i just use ccminer reject rate is way lower(around 10 out of 1000)
This is what i get:
[14:00:47][0x000035cc][info] net | Share #479 rejected
                                reason: low difficulty share of 132.21903125193825

Here is ss:

What's wrong with this?? Can anybody tell me how to fix this??
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:39:41 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 08:49:58 PM by cTnko

Hey cTnko, I have been using your miner for 1 day and have some problems!

I got 484 rejects out of 2930 accepted shares!! I am mining LBC on suprnova. If i just use ccminer reject rate is way lower(around 10 out of 1000)
This is what i get:
[14:00:47][0x000035cc][info] net | Share #479 rejected
                                reason: low difficulty share of 132.21903125193825

Here is ss:

What's wrong with this?? Can anybody tell me how to fix this??

That's definitely very high amount of rejects (i can confirm that i had big amount of rejects last time i tested lbry).
Have you tried using the standalone excavator (without the GUI) to see if the reject rate is also this high? (just to determinate if GUI is causing the problem or not)

IF anyone could shine some light on the lbry parameters that don't result in such a high reject rate, i could make them defaults for lbry under the hood of my GUI.
namjey

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:51:32 AM

can you share sample code for batch file to run excavator miner? I can try out and give you feedback!
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:47:54 AM

can you share sample code for batch file to run excavator miner? I can try out and give you feedback!

Thanks for doing this, go to the default_command_file.json and replace it with the code below.
Don't forget to change the pool address, port, wallet and worker name (i renamed them in the file so you would spot them easily).

Code:
[
{"time":0,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.add","params":["lbry","poolAddress:poolPort","wallet.workerName"]}
]},
{"time":3,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.add","params":["0","0"]}
]},
{"time":10,"loop":10,"commands":[
{"id":1,"method":"worker.print.speed","params":["0"]},
{"id":1,"method":"algorithm.print.speeds","params":["0"]}
]}
]

Now, for this test i am expecting that the pool that you are using is able to count the rejected shares (because the Excavator console won't show a counter).
If it doesn't, after few hours of running, you can do this, go to your web browser, and paste this into your URL bar:

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:38080/api?command={%22id%22:1,%22method%22:%22algorithm.list%22,%22params%22:[]}

It will output an json string that will contain share info (among other information)
{"total_shares":1,"total_accepted":1,"total_rejected":0,"last_efficiency":1.0}
aGeoM

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 01:37:34 PM

I didn't test Excavator command line, to help you cause the fan probles on AMD cards, as soon as they release a new version, I will do it.

Cheers
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 11:09:33 PM

I didn't test Excavator command line, to help you cause the fan probles on AMD cards, as soon as they release a new version, I will do it.

Cheers

That's ok, i am waiting for the excavator update as well, as i am running into quite a few "random" issues related to excavator lately.
slejvi

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 05:25:37 PM

nice work man  Grin i hope that you Will support  this gui
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:49:41 PM

Hi everyone, i just released a small update - version 0.8
The major change in this build is added "crash" monitoring (GUI will monitor if excavator became unstable), if this happens GUI will temporarily postpone any overclocking routines applied in the GUI for 1 minute.
This should prevent an infinite crash loop of death when you set your Overclock too high resulting in excavator permanently restarting.
This release also added small "~" button to every worker (when advanced settings are enabled) which can be used to reset worker statistics.
This is useful for when you are fine tuning the overclock and want to see the new hashrate as soon as possible, especially useful if you are using daggerhashimoto which always delays the statistics due to DAG generation.
Backup pool functionality is now hidden by default (to make the UI more simple for novice users), you can bring the button back by enabling advanced settings.

That's it for this release, enjoy & happy mining!

Changelog:
Code:
24.07.2017 @ 0.8
- Added instability monitoring/protection related to Overclocking
- Added "Reset Statistics" for a worker button (advanced feature)
- Backup Pools functionality is now only visible when advanced settings are enabled
- Minor style changes
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 10:35:55 PM

Hi guys, the new version of excavator is finally out (most importantly including bugfix for a bug that was causing 0 RPM fans on AMD cards).
Get it here: https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/releases/tag/v1.2.11a

I will also release a new version of the GUI today/tomorrow with lyra2rev2 support.
Runaque

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:39:41 AM

Using the Excavator GUI screwed up my MSI Afterburner. It removed the control over vore voltage, power limit and temperature limit. Now I'm also unable to use my overclock profiles I saved in Afterburner. If I select a profile and confirm it you hear the fan speeding up for a second and then slow down to its speed is was running by itself. I can do it in Wattman, but it won't remember the settings after rebooting the PC.
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 02:45:27 PM

Using the Excavator GUI screwed up my MSI Afterburner. It removed the control over vore voltage, power limit and temperature limit. Now I'm also unable to use my overclock profiles I saved in Afterburner. If I select a profile and confirm it you hear the fan speeding up for a second and then slow down to its speed is was running by itself. I can do it in Wattman, but it won't remember the settings after rebooting the PC.

Which GPUs were affected by this problem, also have you tinkered with the overclocking inside of the GUI ?
aGeoM

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:35:09 PM

I'm back Smiley

AMD fan problem solved.
10 Min run seams ok.

Tanks.
Runaque

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:40:31 AM

Which GPUs were affected by this problem, also have you tinkered with the overclocking inside of the GUI ?

I'm using two Sapphire R9 380 4Gb Nitro GPU's and I haven't touched the overclocking in the GUI.
Runaque

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:35:39 AM

It seems since I ran the Excavator GUI that Claymore doesn't read out the temperatures of the GPU's anymore. All I see is GPU0 t=0C fan=0% for bot GPU's.
Daywalker22

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:38:29 PM

Hey,
It is also possible to set something like auto switch? Like nicehash has?
Or you can only mine in a direct pool?
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:26:50 PM

It seems since I ran the Excavator GUI that Claymore doesn't read out the temperatures of the GPU's anymore. All I see is GPU0 t=0C fan=0% for bot GPU's.

I guess this should go away after you reboot the machine, this is definitely a bug in the Excavator and you should report it
Here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777827.new#new
or here https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/issues

@Daywalker22 If you are asking about profitability switching, no that is not supported right now.
rascao

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:38:04 PM

cTnko

i am starting to use your GUI, but the OC feature is not working for me on my 1080`s evga dt. it change the TDP and fan speeds but the memori clocks or gpu clocks arent working i am using the lastes driver for nvidia
cTnko (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:12:34 PM

cTnko

i am starting to use your GUI, but the OC feature is not working for me on my 1080`s evga dt. it change the TDP and fan speeds but the memori clocks or gpu clocks arent working i am using the lastes driver for nvidia

That's interesting and definitely shouldn't be happening, which driver version are you currently running ?
Have you also tried setting the overclock through the config file (with just regular excavator, without the GUI)?
That should tell us more (if the issue is on the GUI side or excavator side).
Jake76er

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:45:07 AM

Just wanted to say thank you for an excellent piece of software. I consider myself to be somewhat intelligent, but COULD NOT get any of the nvidia miners to work for more than a few seconds before exiting. Your software works perfectly, and I'm mining Zcash like a champ.

-Jake
GeForce1

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:24:00 PM

Great software, would love to see an update, including some of the more popular algorithms.

I hope this would be possible as your software is literally the best GUI i have seen for any miner. period.
Please update this project!
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:02:52 AM

very good sofwtare indeed.
Any plan to integrate the gui by adding other mining software on the AMD side ?

Then , an explanation needed: what exactly are the efficiency on the top right corner ?
How can you calculate the power from Nvidia if there is no sensor ?

JukNi

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:19:14 PM

Hopefully this awesome GUI gets update to latest excavator. This is so easy and fast to use.
For developer: Put your BTC address I would like to donate for Excavator GUI by cTnko program developer(s)
xinxilas

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:49:06 AM

This can be used with the latest Nicehash Excavator yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: