Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 05:32:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 70K USD loan with BTC as collateral  (Read 1424 times)
roughlyright (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:18:36 PM

I am planning on starting a new business in Bitcoin. I like to put about 100K USD worth of bitcoin as collateral. I currently live in USA.

I like to deposit the BTC at a escrow service and open to Multi-sig wallets to secure the BTC. I prefer to get a interest only loan, if that is possible.

I am looking for interest in the range between 6-7%.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:30:35 PM

I am planning on starting a new business in Bitcoin. I like to put about 100K USD worth of bitcoin as collateral. I currently live in USA.

I like to deposit the BTC at a escrow service and open to Multi-sig wallets to secure the BTC. I prefer to get a interest only loan, if that is possible.

You currently live in US but you don't know to write a one sentence straight in English.
What are you are trying to say here? Roll Eyes

yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 10:41:39 PM

Before going any further, would you mind posting a message signed by the address holding the $100k worth of BTC ?
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 11:02:12 PM

Before going any further, would you mind posting a message signed by the address holding the $100k worth of BTC ?

+1

Also, if OP could possibly clear up, any reason why you do not want to invest your coins into your business instead of asking for a loan? Could you also state what your business is going to be dealing with, etc?

EDIT: I also did a search on your email in your profile (   jaysrao@gmail.com; https://i.imgur.com/CLthksX.png) and I see places showing you dont live in the US. Also, are you asking for a USD loan with btc being held as collateral?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2337

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:09:49 AM

What happens if the value of the BTC declines below 70k? What range of time do you intend on having the loan due in? You state you are interested in an interest rate in the 6-7% range, is this per year (most likely), per month, per day (obviously no), etc?
Brob12321

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:21:58 AM

You are a fool for asking for 70K on a bitcoin forum.  My guess you are just a troll using an alt to have fun seeing how people respond. 
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:15:33 AM

You are a fool for asking for 70K on a bitcoin forum.  My guess you are just a troll using an alt to have fun seeing how people respond. 
I guess the only situation to getting this kind of thing is either the forum restricts newbies from creating a thread in this part of the forum or anyone who opens a thread where a newbie asks for a loan, should just ignore without even uttering anything and by the time we do that, all this might reduce because a newbie knows for sure that he is just trolling and is not anywhere close to receiving any loan.
roughlyright (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:52:22 AM

You currently live in US but you don't know to write a one sentence straight in English.

That is weird  Grin Why don't you tell me what is wrong with my sentences, dear Professor?
roughlyright (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:08:22 AM

What happens if the value of the BTC declines below 70k? What range of time do you intend on having the loan due in? You state you are interested in an interest rate in the 6-7% range, is this per year (most likely), per month, per day (obviously no), etc?

I will be happy to post new collateral into the Escrow account, if the BTC value declines below 70K. I am looking for a 2 year term-loan, with a annual interest rate between 6-7% range. Please PM me if you have any other questions.
roughlyright (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:28:25 AM

I guess the only situation to getting this kind of thing is either the forum restricts newbies from creating a thread in this part of the forum or anyone who opens a thread where a newbie asks for a loan, should just ignore without even uttering anything and by the time we do that, all this might reduce because a newbie knows for sure that he is just trolling and is not anywhere close to receiving any loan.

It is a terrible assumption to think that every new member to the Forum is Troll. The reason I am looking for the loan, is if I sell I have to pay capital gains tax in US. I am long term bullish on Bitcoin and do not want to sell them and create a bigger tax bill for me. I will be happy to borrow in Fiat and hoard my BTC anyday. Hope that helps to clarify my post.

Roughly Right
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:35:49 AM

That is weird  Grin Why don't you tell me what is wrong with my sentences, dear Professor?

Oh, you think that is weird?! Check this out.

1. You want to start a new business in BTC. What does that mean? lol For starting it you will put aroung 38BTC as collateral. But you want to start it in BTC...lol2
Don't discuss that you don't live in US! lol3
2. Multi-sig wallets? For "securing" better what, the BTC that the escrow will hold until you repay?! You understand that you will give the collateral and if you fail to repay, the escrow will give it to the lender? You are the borrower, you know the word right? lol4
3. What is the "interest only loan? Huh lol5
4. You are looking for an interest 6% per year for a BTC loan? BOUAHAHAHAHA!!!!
5. Please man, show us and sign the wallet that you have this money, i will die from laughing!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 10:59:15 AM

You replied to everyone else, like a troll hidden behind a bush, but when you are given an opportunity to prove your words and show us you are really serious about the business, you just ignored it.
Meh ...

The reason I am looking for the loan, is if I sell I have to pay capital gains tax in US. I am long term bullish on Bitcoin and do not want to sell them
^^^^^^^^^
Show us you have them by posting a message identifying you as the address owner, and signed by the said address. Nobody will consider dealing with you without that.
Tipstar

Activity: 1792
Merit: 281

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 11:12:00 AM

Hi,  If you need 70K fiat exchange that amount of BTC. As you are in USA you can do it easily with a trusted exchange like coinbase and on the plus point you don't have to pay the interest.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:06:59 PM

It is a terrible assumption to think that every new member to the Forum is Troll. The reason I am looking for the loan, is if I sell I have to pay capital gains tax in US. I am long term bullish on Bitcoin and do not want to sell them and create a bigger tax bill for me. I will be happy to borrow in Fiat and hoard my BTC anyday. Hope that helps to clarify my post.

Roughly Right

FACTS not assumptions: U R A TROLL; U HAVE 0 BTC; This is just another ALT giving the forum shits n giggles

Your ENTIRE posts are just bullshit capital gains LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

GTFO and go play with your Monopoly money

But thanks for the entertainment  Grin

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2337

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:32:33 PM

I will be happy to post new collateral into the Escrow account, if the BTC value declines below 70K. I am looking for a 2 year term-loan, with a annual interest rate between 6-7% range. Please PM me if you have any other questions.
Just an FYI, the current market lending rate for USD is roughly 0.04% per day on Bitfinex, and after they take their fee, this works out to 0.034% per day. This works out to be ~12.4% per year, and a lender's USD would not be tied up for 2 years. Granted, it is possible that lending rates may decline from current levels in the future, so a lender may not be able to get this high of an interest rate for two years. It is also possible that a potential lender may feel more comfortable lending out USD with a specific escrow agent rather than an exchange such as Bitfinex.

Another key point is that if USD was lent out on Bitfinex (or another exchange in which customers can lend out USD), the borrower's position would be automatically liquidated once the value of the collateral falls below a certain threshold. This is less risky than the lender potentially having to wait for the borrower to deposit additional collateral. I am not sure how to overcome this issue. 

I don't think the OP's story that he wants to avoid long term capital gains is unreasonable, although I have not seen evidence that he is in fact holding the claimed amount of BTC.
roughlyright (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:26:06 PM

You replied to everyone else, like a troll hidden behind a bush, but when you are given an opportunity to prove your words and show us you are really serious about the business, you just ignored it.
Meh ...

The reason I am looking for the loan, is if I sell I have to pay capital gains tax in US. I am long term bullish on Bitcoin and do not want to sell them
^^^^^^^^^
Show us you have them by posting a message identifying you as the address owner, and signed by the said address. Nobody will consider dealing with you without that.

Sure. I hear you. I hold my coins at Coinbase. Coinbase does not give out Account statements. What proof you need from Coinbase?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:43:25 PM

Coinbase allows you to sign messages to prove ownership of a certain address. https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1526413

Obviously, this will only hold value when the address you are signing from has really the $100K coin worth as balance. If you can't sign from any addresses that contain these coins you're talking about, it simply doesn't exist.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:58:18 PM

Meh ...

^^^^^^^^^

Sure. I hear you. I hold my coins at Coinbase. Coinbase does not give out Account statements. What proof you need from Coinbase?

Sign a message with the address that has $100k worth of bitcoin.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:34:46 PM

Sign a message with the address that has $100k worth of bitcoin.

You have been provided a way to sign the from the account you claimed to have 100k worth of btc and if you cannot do the bolded part then you have just confirmed my earlier statement that newbies like you should not be restricted from posting on certain parts of the forum like this.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:40:29 PM

Although I don't buy his story, then let's see if OP can signed a message.

Sometimes Coinbase sign message is not working. Refer on this thread on other way to sign message on Coinbase.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: