Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:09:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what to mine  (Read 1012 times)
cryptouse (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:34:54 PM

what would you recommend to mine for ppl with one one two rigs, who want to mine for a longer time not focused on fast profit ?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcgolong

Activity: 451
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:35:42 PM

what would you recommend to mine for ppl with one one two rigs, who want to mine for a longer time not focused on fast profit ?

This website can help you:

whattomine.com

I don't think there are any fast profits, unless you get lucky and mine a penny coin and that gets pumped.

But it also sounds like you want to take a gamble on penny altcoin, in hopes that it becomes the next big thing in a year or 2.

cryptouse (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 09:46:47 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 10:10:41 PM by cryptouse

This website can help you:

whattomine.com

I don't think there are any fast profits, unless you get lucky and mine a penny coin and that gets pumped.

But it also sounds like you want to take a gamble on penny altcoin, in hopes that it becomes the next big thing in a year or 2.

a little gamble yes, but some coins looks more promising, some are just clones, I am a newbie with this that why I am asking,
I have few types but as a newbie I might be wrong.
I know also that there are some people that know more than me and might give a helpful hand or give some direction.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:13:56 PM

What types of rigs do you have? Whether you have AMD or NVIDIA GPUs will dictate, in many cases at least, which coins are worth mining for you.
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:44:53 PM

First of all: If you are a amateur miner, consider it like a hobby. I'd say Eth, Etc, Zec are the best.
cryptouse (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 10:48:47 PM

First of all: If you are a amateur miner, consider it like a hobby. I'd say Eth, Etc, Zec are the best.
I do consider it thats why I am asking about coins which would be best to mine for a longer time.

What types of rigs do you have? Whether you have AMD or NVIDIA GPUs will dictate, in many cases at least, which coins are worth mining for you.

NV based, for now I was thinking about, Musicoin, Komodo, Digbyte Groestl, Bytecoin.
on second level pascal and sia
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 01:13:46 AM

I do consider it thats why I am asking about coins which would be best to mine for a longer time.

NV based, for now I was thinking about, Musicoin, Komodo, Digbyte Groestl, Bytecoin.
on second level pascal and sia

Musicoin is an Ethash algorithm, so not the best for NVIDIA and Bytecoin is a CPU coin as well as appearing to be a possible scam so I'd avoid that one too personally.  Of the other three I'd probably mine some DGB, although KMD would do well with NVIDIA GPUs and would be a fine option.
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:00:19 AM

Try Winminer  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: