Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:39:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in Ripple but not in bitcoin?  (Read 1383 times)
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:08:28 PM

You haven't read the replies. Ripple is like digital fiat that can be manipulated and inflated at will. Some banks are already adapting to use blockchain verification with fiat transfers. How is Ripple going to compete with that? The average user will either choose the most valuable crypto (Bitcoin) or a more anonymous one (Ethereum) or Fiat with Blockchain transfers. Ripple has no target audience.

THANK YOU - haven't laughed this hard in awhile 👍
vsyc

Activity: 1037
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:18:41 PM

It really depends on what you are looking for, Ripple will be around for a long time but growth wise has it got much room for huge growth? bitcoin however has a lot of room to grow and for reasons already stated by others ripple has a lot of negatives going for it.

There was no single real reason stated here for Bitcoin to grow, whereas a lot for XRP to grow and even do flippering!
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:10:34 PM

One difference between XRP and other cryptos is that a lot of the progress with XRP happens behind the scenes. Ripple are working with banks, and I'm sure they're subject to a lot of NDAs. This means that when banks start to use XRP, there will be little or no advance notice to the crypto community. Which means that when the big price rise happens, it won't be a gradual thing, it will be almost instantaneous.

So to anyone who believes in XRP as a long-term prospect: don't wait for the price to start rising; get in now, while you still can!
speaktome

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 01:26:09 AM

One difference between XRP and other cryptos is that a lot of the progress with XRP happens behind the scenes. Ripple are working with banks, and I'm sure they're subject to a lot of NDAs. This means that when banks start to use XRP, there will be little or no advance notice to the crypto community. Which means that when the big price rise happens, it won't be a gradual thing, it will be almost instantaneous.

So to anyone who believes in XRP as a long-term prospect: don't wait for the price to start rising; get in now, while you still can!
It may be long term as you mention because what is the price keeps falling after that great increase that had in the last months,until now BTC it looks much stronger of what Ripple does,in addition another point in favor of BTC is the supply unlike of XRP which is huge and can do that  value drop much faster at a given time,however as they well say maybe it's better to wait a little longer if someone decides to enter in that market.

▄██████████▄
           ▄██████████████▄
          █████▀      ▀█████
         ████▀          ▀████
         ▀▀▀   ▄██████▄   ███▌
     ▄▄████   ▐████████▌  ████  ▄▄
   ▄████████   ▀██████▀   ███▌ ████▄
  █████▀▀▀▀▀      ▐█▌     ▀▀▀  ▀█████
 ████▀          ▄█████▄          ▀████
████   ▄█████▄▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█████▄   ███▌
███▌  ▐███████▌   ███   ▐███████▌  ▐██▌
████   ▀█████▀    ▀███   ▀█████▀   ███▌
 ████▄         ▄█▄ ▀███▄         ▄████
  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
    ▀▀████████▀▀       ▀▀████████▀▀
BitCloud  BTDX
A new type of decentralized currency
Most  Profitable  Masternode Coin
▬▬▬    • Wallet  • Details  • Exchanges  •Masternode    ▬▬▬
ANN  Blockexplorer  MN Calculator  ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter  Github  Slack

Sirius receive address:SQusssg3DRrKrEHW26c2skEDYCG7vrj11z
snowcrashed

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 02:38:16 AM

Ripple price is just 0.25 but bitcoin is already expensive,, and since many experts are saying Ripple will be larger than anything ever seen, so do you think it's a good idea to get our hands on this Ripple? Experts suggestion needed. thanks
Both of them do have potential to grow up but Bitcoin is already grown so high that might continue to grow up slowly so that if you are trying to earn big profits, you'd better try to invest in Ripple.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:14:04 PM

Wasn't this coin premined? Didn't the devs take like 20% of the coins? Usually when a coin has a large premine it's a big nono for me.
Somebody could say that BTC is shit because Satoshi is holding a lot, but I prefer an anonymous founder that may never resurface from a group of people holding 1/5 in their pockets. You're free to make your own decisions, but I don't care about XRP and wouldn't put my money in it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
styca

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:37:31 PM

Wasn't this coin premined? Didn't the devs take like 20% of the coins? Usually when a coin has a large premine it's a big nono for me.
Somebody could say that BTC is shit because Satoshi is holding a lot, but I prefer an anonymous founder that may never resurface from a group of people holding 1/5 in their pockets. You're free to make your own decisions, but I don't care about XRP and wouldn't put my money in it.

I used to dismiss XRP. But once I started researching it, and started to understand what Ripple are doing, and how they are going about it, I began to understand, and to become impressed. The market they're aiming for is phenomenally large, and they're going about things in a very professional manner. It's a real-world problem, a fundamental and glaring inefficiency in a huge market, and I think XRP is the answer. Banks will go for the cheapest and most efficient choice. I can't see that Ripple have any real competitors at the moment.

Don't take my word for it, though - I'm just an XRP holder posting on a forum, and so obviously I want the price to increase. But if anyone is even vaguely interested, then do your own research, and make up your own mind. Just don't let this one slip by without even considering it. Do your research. You'll see that XRP is unlike anything else in crypto.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:28:54 PM

I am not interested ripple because of recent thread I gone through Bct . It was saying ripple is not decentralised database as well it's maintained by centralised db and market cap and mining ability.
Bizzicoiner

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:55:40 PM

I am not interested ripple because of recent thread I gone through Bct . It was saying ripple is not decentralised database as well it's maintained by centralised db and market cap and mining ability.

Research beyond this site of morons.

Ripple is the most solid real use coin in existence, btc maximalists and methheads hate it with a passion. They don't live in the real world. They complain about banks but how many of them don't have a bank account of any kind? Politically/stupidity driven decision making at its finest, when really they should step back and be viewing the market objectively.

Ripple tech is live in Asia, Ripple will rise as a matter of fact, market conditions are looking like a big fat shining neon sign saying "last chance to be invest!!!"
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:53:41 PM

Ripple price is just 0.25 but bitcoin is already expensive,, and since many experts are saying Ripple will be larger than anything ever seen, so do you think it's a good idea to get our hands on this Ripple? Experts suggestion needed. thanks

I think the choice of money to invest at this moment is no longer important. Look at the market, it is changing the same trend with bitcoin. I think our current choice is virtual currency and cash, which is where we should choose to go through the storm.

styca

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

Ripple is the most solid real use coin in existence

Yes, exactly! All it takes is a bit of research, and this becomes obvious.
Look at what the Ripple solution offers to international banking, look at the market they're going for, look around and see that there are no viable alternatives to XRP.

I don't understand how people can dismiss XRP so easily.
CRAM0214

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:59:55 PM

Just to address some of the anti-XRP points I see being raised here, I'll provide some explanation, as Ripple is one of the few coins I've researched enough to talk about above a surface level.

First you must understand two things.

1. XRP is targeted at banks. Not you. Banks, the massive financial institutions that will continue to handle the majority of the worlds financial assets for AT LEAST ten more years. They are not stupid. They see blockchain tech and it's potential. They also have no intentions of being left behind. Ripple Labs are the leading group working with them to innovate a blockchain solution to problems they face in sending international wires, and storing multiple cash positions across their banks in different fiat (and in the future, crypto) currencies.

2. Ripple Labs has a massive interest in having XRP increase in value. As many have pointed out, it is totally pre-mined, and 20% is reserved for Ripple Labs to hold. They need that XRP to be valuable. It makes no sense for them to not push for banks to use XRP for transactions. Additionally, 60% of total supply is being put in a smart contract that will keep it out of circulation for at least 4 years, starting in December. Having the coin pre-mined is so that Ripple Labs can work to keep the coin increasing in value at a stable rate once it gains widespread adoption, after those four years. Banks want something stable, which Ripple will be upon widespread adoption. But again, it's in the interest of everyone holding XRP, including Ripple Labs, for them to release those additional coins in a way that helps bring Ripples overall market cap up.

Now, many of you are saying banks will just adopt a more expensive coin, like BTC, to achieve the same thing. This won't happen. XRP is designed to be the most efficient coin for what banks will need to use it for. BTC can handle <10 transactions per second. Ethereum can handle <50. Ripple can handle up to 1000 a second. In addition, each of those transactions settles in less than 4 seconds guaranteed. So there is little chance any substantial backlog of transactions could build up for XRP, unlike BTC. This means Fiat converted XRP can be moved in massive quantities across the globe, instantaneously, at a very low cost. See how this is something banks need? It will drastically reduce their costs associated with moving money between each other, and across borders.

While XRP may not be THE cryptocurrency of the future, it has by far one of the strongest use cases for the next 10 years. Its price right now reflects early adopter interest + some speculation bubble. It's price in 5 years will reflect massive institutions buying XRP en masse to use it to settle cross bank/cross border transactions instantly. So long as XRP remains the preeminent crypto solution for banking, it's price will go up. And, I expect they will maintain their dominant position, given how everyone here (and in crypto in general) seems to think working with banks is a way to guarantee failure. In the very long term? Maybe. But in the coming decade they will be rewarded for helping these giants become more efficient. That reward will be XRP skyrocketing in value relative to it's price today.
Mr Frog

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is the King

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:35:53 PM

Guys.
You can try as hard as you can/want. And maybe you are right, who knows...?

But you will never ever make me change my Bitcoin for Ripple.

I did not post this message, The Russians did it !
CRAM0214

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 08:18:33 PM

Guys.

Instead of changing out BTC for XRP, you could just put some small amount of fiat into XRP, in case we are right. Ethereum too had its nay sayers when it was trading below $10. BTC has had it's naysayers for it's whole existence. Yet anyone who would've put an amount of money in the two would have seen it multiply many time by now. No real harm in doing the same with XRP, even if you keep all the BTC you have. Worst case scenario it goes to zero and you lose *instert small amount here* and you wont care since BTC will appreciate by then anyways.
styca

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 09:24:45 PM

Guys.

Bitcoin and Ripple aren't competitors; they aren't trying to achieve the same thing. Bitcoin is far more general-purpose, whilst Ripple has a very specific use-case. The future has room for both of them, and for other cryptos too. Smart contracts, for example, will surely be huge - so that's Eth or something similar, and again no real overlap with Bitcoin or Ripple.

It's not a winner-takes-all race. I hold Bitcoins, and Ethereum as well, and I'm keeping hold of them long-term - I believe very strongly in both of them (and several other coins), but I believe in XRP too. I've read so many posts on so many threads, and I've yet to see a convincing argument as to why XRP won't succeed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: