Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coin hopping question  (Read 438 times)
brainbudt (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:32:16 PM

Hello

I have an idea for a while and I know it could be done easily, but my question is if it's worth it.
That you create a program that check whattomine current profit coin and mine that coin and check it X amount of time so that if a different coin is more profitable then switch to that coin.

please give me your thoughts
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wilkas

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:48:35 PM

You're talking about NiceHash app Smiley
modzer0

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:54:23 PM

I've written my own custom scripts that do exactly this. There are also at least 3 other pieces of software in these very forums that will do auto profit switching for you. miningpoolhub supports auto switching and auto exchange.

Is it worth it? Depends on what you want. You probably need to do something right away with whatever you mine to take advantage of that max profit. Trade it for bitcoin, or other coin of interest, or sell for fiat. miningpoolhub will auto exchange whatever you mine to whatever coin you want. So let's say you're interested in ETH because you think that's going to have a big increase in the future and make you rich, you could mine whatever is most profitable and auto trade it to ETH, so then you might end up with more ETH than if you'd mined ETH directly.

Or trade it all to bitcoin and just leave it, or use it to invest in various other coins.

So my thoughts are it can be worth while, but it really depends on your goals.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:32:59 PM

It depends. Probably the best practice is to stick to one coin, mine it, wait, wait, wait and then sell for huge profit (like ETH/Zcash in the past)
yerfei

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:56:39 PM

Hello

I have an idea for a while and I know it could be done easily, but my question is if it's worth it.
That you create a program that check whattomine current profit coin and mine that coin and check it X amount of time so that if a different coin is more profitable then switch to that coin.

Look for Winminer ,they doing this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.0
iamnewhere

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 08:07:10 PM

Hello

why you want to mine the coin which gives RIGHT NOW the best profit?
till you have something mined to sell it might be dropped already and then you have mined with many others who go for "best" coin (so less outcome anyway for you due to rising difficulty).
You need huge mining power that you can farm like that within few hours like nicehash can do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: