Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:33:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin be a more secured way of handling cash?  (Read 2454 times)
likeBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:32:01 PM

That is fake,  the one who told you that was probably one of those guys who is always trying to spread fud.
Maybe it is not the best ways to hold cash, it would be 100 times more safer if you hold all those bitcoins in a paper wallet or just in a hardware one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PECULIUM First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

/ WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:22:34 PM

There's been news going around saying that you need to put in a certain address to able to steal that account. I was wondering if that's fake and bitcoin is a secured way of handling cash.

I really don't understand your questions dude. What certain address you mean? That is a fake news from my perspective. The only way you will able to steal bitcoin is that if you know that private keys on that bitcoin address. And its really hard to hack a private keys to begin with. So it's good thing that you ask around and don't believed anything you see or hear in the web right now, specially about bitcoins. Everyone is really riding the popularity of bitcoin such that they will write or post anything about it even if it is not true. And yes, bitcoin is more secured way of handling your money because you have total control over it if you have the private keys. And you have to secure your accounts with a strong password as well so that hackers will have a difficulty guessing it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
malia tring

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:32:54 PM

if I think personally, not because bitcoin prices are unstable, different from cash, if bitcoin for example the price of today is 230 million, not necessarily tomorrow its price will be same tomorrow may rise again or down, if cash if we today save 150 million, clear tomorrow its money will be equal to the number of yesterday that we save.
AltheaHeart14

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:25:46 AM

Bitcoin is much safer than holding cash, cash is easy to steal' bitcoin required a password to access your account and wallet,  just put a strong password ao the hacker of account theif cannot still it from you😊

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
miltonpogi

Activity: 245
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

I agree in this statement because if you have secured wallet for bitcoin it is safe rather than handling your money .Many people close to scammers, because they have money on hand but it will make difference when your money is in a more secured wallet and you know that your money can grow, but always remember that price of bitcoin has normal fluctuating process so you are required to consider it before making a move.

tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:44:05 AM

There's been news going around saying that you need to put in a certain address to able to steal that account. I was wondering if that's fake and bitcoin is a secured way of handling cash.

For me bitcoin is much secure than handling cash because in bitcoin we cannot get and get suddenly buy what we want than you have cash as always. It is just the same that you are saving your money for the future use and not in the sudden wants. So it is better, right? Then in bitcoin it is kinda an investment because you cannot purchase easily because you are thinking to earn and gain more. In my own case in cash I kept on buying and I do not mind anymore that I left few amount unlike in bitcoin I kept and spend it for what is need.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
darefreads

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

Yes for me and I also see that it is like the other bank that every month it has a increase rate but it also have a decreasing amount of price but sure it will increase that's why I push myself to put my money to bitcoin to increase my money.
jojowar

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:24:48 AM

Yes, bitcoin are more secured way of holding cash than the others like ATMs or having cash in your pocket. Before you open a crypto/bitcoin wallet, you must know the two important password unlike ATMs it is only one. In ATM you can easily withdraw cash but in bitcoin, you have to convert bitcoin into cash before you can withdraw it.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 02:41:25 PM

Yes for me and I also see that it is like the other bank that every month it has a increase rate but it also have a decreasing amount of price but sure it will increase that's why I push myself to put my money to bitcoin to increase my money.

Bank will always give you interest and your amount will increasing every time but doo you think it will stay that way? Value of our money will not increasing everytime and this is going to happen, your money increasing but the value will keep on dropping because of market increasing. Yet if you adopt bitcoin into securing our cash, I think it has bigger options whether what to do with our coin because it can be changed to every coin that you want to
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 03:33:13 PM

About your question in the title I would say yes. Bitcoin is a secure way of handling cash because it is decentralized and we have the full control of our funds with the help of private keys that will allow us to access whenever and wherever we want to make transactions. Don't be fooled by hearsay or FUD mate do your due deligence. Situational awareness helps you on everytime you arr going to make a transactions if you are in doubt, don't. But of course keep your private key in a safe place and you will never regret it believe me. Your Bitcoins will not be stolen if you are responsible for it's safety.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:55:49 PM

Of course!
Compared to cash, when holding it, we still have to keep our physical wallets carefully and thoroughly because someone might just snatch it from you, but in bitcoin, anytime/ anywhere you are safe to have it. Besides it is more convinient because it can be used as investment as well.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:08:59 PM

Of course!
Compared to cash, when holding it, we still have to keep our physical wallets carefully and thoroughly because someone might just snatch it from you, but in bitcoin, anytime/ anywhere you are safe to have it. Besides it is more convinient because it can be used as investment as well.
Exactly.And in my area,only few of us here knows bitcoin so well so no one would really dare stealing my account since they don't know the real value of bitcoin.Maybe if i will convert it to fiat money,there will be high chances that i will be snatched or robbed.And besides,i don't let anyone knows my private keys since it is very fragile and valuable for me.In the end,it's really up to the user how well did you handle your digital cash to avoid any bad incidents.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:25:14 PM

Well i think bitcoin's network is safe there are no issue of hacking into it, so bitcoins be a more secure way of handling cash
the risk losing bitcoins and cash money depend on their users. If they can put the private key on the safe place,
they will not be losing bitcoins so do with cash money and all of user's bitcoins and cash money has responsibility to secure their bitcoins and cash money. Never blame bitcoins or cash money because of the risk losing value.

It is safe, generally speaking. However, there is always that security risk when pertaining to hacking because most of the transactions related to the cryptocurrency market is always using the internet. Unfortunately,  that is the same vehicles that hackers use to steal information or holdings to be used to their advantage. So as users, what we can do is to try to safeguard our holdings with every measure available.

iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:59:14 PM

Bitcoin is much safer than holding cash, cash is easy to steal' bitcoin required a password to access your account and wallet,  just put a strong password ao the hacker of account theif cannot still it from you😊
I think all things are at risk, storing bitcoins online or physically has its own risks, if you keep bitcoin in the wallet of course there are risks like hackers who might be able to steal your data and password, if you keep your bitcoin in physical like paper money it might be stolen by someone, both equally risky, the most important is how you add security for it, because the wallet can become more secure than cash if you want to add like authentication in your wallet,,
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:36:02 AM

Bitcoin is much safer than holding cash, cash is easy to steal' bitcoin required a password to access your account and wallet,  just put a strong password ao the hacker of account theif cannot still it from you😊
I think all things are at risk, storing bitcoins online or physically has its own risks, if you keep bitcoin in the wallet of course there are risks like hackers who might be able to steal your data and password, if you keep your bitcoin in physical like paper money it might be stolen by someone, both equally risky, the most important is how you add security for it, because the wallet can become more secure than cash if you want to add like authentication in your wallet,,
Risk is found everywhere, but more the risk more will be the possibilities to make bigger money. For that perfect example is our bitcoin, because one who fear of losing can never make an earning from bitcoin. So for handling cash it needs to two factors need to be preferred equally, one is the convenience and second thing is the security.

Shanmatthew

Activity: 243

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:14:26 AM

Btc can be more secure if the user itself know how to handle his/her property properly. One must ensure to keep his/her privacy private. Must keep all tge information to his/herself and to let others know about it or it might leak.
Twinscoin2017

Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:42:38 AM

Btc can be more secure if the user itself know how to handle his/her property properly. One must ensure to keep his/her privacy private. Must keep all tge information to his/herself and to let others know about it or it might leak.
Yes i agree on that I believe that bitcoin is more secure than handling a physical money or cash because cash can be perish on your pocket while bitcoin has a lot of private keys and password and if we are really prudent  and responsible enoughf to keep everything in a private way I think we can really secure things.
Mamaecrypto

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 01:49:49 AM

As long as you keep a good hold of your private keybthere is nothing to worry about. Make sure you keep your money away from exchanges and online wallet services, especially large amounts. I think in the long run cryptocurrency in general will prove to be a much better way of handling cash. I just got handed a scratched $50.00 bill the other day. It was a large change with bunch of bills and i was carrying my 1 year old and of course didnt notice. Went to pay for coffee this morning with the bill that is almost split apart and the clerk did not accept it. Only the bank took it. Cash is so outdated! To me it has become a dirty inconvenience.

Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:53:45 AM

Yeah, bitcoins so far was safe while there are some unsafe things that can be done in your own hands. I mean that improper handling or negligence as much as possible to be avoided. Having a safe wallet or bitcoin core wallet, hardware wallet and protecting your own funds from the hackers that is the main problems in a bitcoin wallet.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
barontamago

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:11:04 AM

Well if your talking about private keys yes then can access your account and can steal.all.of your token. But starting for scratch they cant steal your money dude.  There are some riches or called whales. They use some tools to get a high security for them selves. Just be wise on how you use your private key. Stop wandering.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: