Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:47:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If Jihan's fork wins, will you use it (apart from immediately dumping the coins)?
No, I will stick to genuine Bitcoin no matter what - 28 (66.7%)
No, I will switch to some altcoin (say, Litecoin) - 7 (16.7%)
No, I will leave the cryptoscene for good - 3 (7.1%)
Yes, I will. When money talks, bullshit walks! - 4 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] Will you use Jihancoin?  (Read 1709 times)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:46:34 AM

all  I am going to say is that all this drama and bullshit is just going to kill bitcoin. at some point it no longer will matter if chain splits or not. the merchants and all the rest will simply move to a less dramatic altcoin. why do you think all this time there has been a lot of pump, a lot of advertising the altcoins, .... it is because they all saw "an opening" that we created for them.

Only Bitcoin
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:25:42 AM

Jihan coin? Grow up. You've been tricked. Bitcoin ABC will be the genuine Bitcoin soon as it follows Satoshis vision unlike toxic BScore.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
Cuber Krypton

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:37:39 AM

If JihanCoin garners the majority approval of Chinese Bitcoiners, yes, I will use JihanCoin, and I imagine it will work out splendidly. This Chinese FUD is unwarranted and biased. I imagine if the majority hashpower were in the USA, noone would be fearing centralization.

However, it will not work better for Jihan himself or for Bitcoin as a whole, so I pretty much wish that Bitcoin doesn't lose Jihan's Hashpower.

Since I do not like the fundamental principal behind UASF coercive deployment, leaving Jihan little choice in my view, I would also have a hard time supporting the alternative chain on philosophical grounds.

So yes. I will use Jihancoin.

I do not expect that we will come to that though.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:09:39 AM

Don't you all just luurve push polls, with leading language designed to elicit a favored outcome?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:27:46 AM

No matter what, people will used the most profitable and most efficient coin according to them, if the jihancoin provides more advantage and the value is better then of course people will choose that coin, but if this incident happened I believe the price will fall down sharply and people will choose alt coin to used rather than jihancoin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
RudyCenJia

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:40:00 AM

Anyway, I always use bitcoin, because it is trusted for me and my friend  Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:40:39 AM

If JihanCoin will make me money in the long run and he can convince me that it would remain decentralized, then sure, I would use it.

As it stands right now, I am not yet convinced.

Most people don't give a fuck about decentralization

Bitcoin is already centralized beyond any hope as any PoW coin will eventually be (provided it has any value, of course), and how many people stopped using it just because of this? They are going to stay with Bitcoin "no matter what" (as the poll suggests), but they scarcely understand that this genuine Bitcoin is not a lot better than the Bitcoin wannabe Jihancoin. All they care for are either sheer profits ("buy low, sell high") or future financial power which, as some of them strongly believe, Bitcoin would give them when it becomes the next American dollar

some do, with the new bitmain shitcoin chain you will have 100% centralization, which is not what bitcoin have right now, we are not that centralized at the moment

they also know that is a lot better, otherwise they would buy any shitcoin now and forgets about bitcoin altogether, which will never be the case
AiWanChu

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:57:31 AM

we dont really have a choice now do we
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 07:28:01 AM

If JihanCoin will make me money in the long run and he can convince me that it would remain decentralized, then sure, I would use it.

As it stands right now, I am not yet convinced.

Most people don't give a fuck about decentralization

Bitcoin is already centralized beyond any hope as any PoW coin will eventually be (provided it has any value, of course), and how many people stopped using it just because of this? They are going to stay with Bitcoin "no matter what" (as the poll suggests), but they scarcely understand that this genuine Bitcoin is not a lot better than the Bitcoin wannabe Jihancoin. All they care for are either sheer profits ("buy low, sell high") or future financial power which, as some of them strongly believe, Bitcoin would give them when it becomes the next American dollar

some do, with the new bitmain shitcoin chain you will have 100% centralization, which is not what bitcoin have right now, we are not that centralized at the moment

In fact, Bitcoin is not very different in this respect

With Jihancoin we would have an outright mining monopoly, right now we have a mining cartel which works pretty much in the same way, thus it is essentially six of one and half a dozen of the other. And don't forget that Bitmain also ships around 70% of all state of the art miners these days. So if those people you talk about really existed and they did actually care for decentralization, they should have left Bitcoin long ago in favor of some properly decentralized PoS coin or just good old gold since it is decentralized by nature itself

Don't you all just luurve push polls, with leading language designed to elicit a favored outcome?

You may want to explain what you wanted to say

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:24:40 PM

"Jihancoin", "continue using Bitcoin", "Jihan's fork", ...

If what you call "Jihancoin" amasses the economic majority, those continuing to use what you call "Jihancoin" will "continue using Bitcoin".

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 02:45:37 PM

If what you call "Jihancoin" amasses the economic majority, those continuing to use what you call "Jihancoin" will "continue using Bitcoin".

And so what?

I still don't get your point. How else, in your opinion, should I have dubbed Jihancoin? Just in case, I put the options in the order which as I thought would reflect the number of votes (personally, I voted for altcoins). I've been right about the top two but somehow I expected that more people would choose to call it a day and leave (if Jihancoin took over), but people seem not to be that meticulous and choosy about Bitcoin ideals and values (as many think or want to think). Or should I rather say delusions and falsities now?

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:53:17 PM

And so what?

I still don't get your point. How else, in your opinion, should I have dubbed Jihancoin? Just in case, I put the options in the order which as I thought would reflect the number of votes (personally, I voted for altcoins). I've been right about the top two but somehow I expected that more people would choose to call it a day and leave (if Jihancoin took over), but people seem not to be that meticulous and choosy about Bitcoin ideals and values. Or should I rather say delusions and falsities?

BitmainCoin or JihainCoin is the one that is premined by Bitmain as they have said on their blog (which btw has comments disabled because they woudl get shit on)
Nobody would use it on their right mind.

And JarzikCoin, or frankensegwitcoin, also known as segwit2x fork, has been having problems since day1. In the past hours the testnet has forked due a problem with mined blocks, just read the comments on the btc1 github issues section.

There is no single hardfork proposal worth anyone's time or money. Exchanges that risk it may face massive loses and they will be liable for these loses. On the other hand miners are free to not run segwit2x without no legal consequences because NYC is a joke. Let's see if they are stupid to go through with the hardfork.

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:54:48 PM

A few people would refuse to invest in a highly profitable asset, citing ethical and moral reasons. However, I am not one of them. I don't care much, if Jihancoin can give me good returns. I want to be rich. I am tired of working 12-hours a day.
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:01:15 PM

How else, in your opinion, should I have dubbed Jihancoin?

"Satoshis vision" would be 100% accurate and less immature.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 05:46:14 PM

A few people would refuse to invest in a highly profitable asset, citing ethical and moral reasons. However, I am not one of them. I don't care much, if Jihancoin can give me good returns. I want to be rich. I am tired of working 12-hours a day.
I think most people would agree centralization from this fork would lead to uncertainty and doubt about the future thus lowering the price

We are already there

Now we have a mining cartel which successfully boosted transaction fees "to the moon", then we would have Jihan likely doing essentially the same, so what's the difference? With Jihancoin, at least it would be meaningless to flood the network with spam transactions (well, this is what I think). In any case, with or without Jihan, I don't think that Bitcoin right now is the best option out there if you aim at earning profits via trading or elsewise (which is what most people seem to be looking for anyway)

How else, in your opinion, should I have dubbed Jihancoin?

"Satoshis vision" would be 100% accurate and less immature.

Yeah, maybe you are right. But it is not my invention. As they say, don't shoot the messenger

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: