Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a scam tag.. Yet I didn't scam anyone. WTF?  (Read 1743 times)
CouragedOne (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:30:17 PM

I don't think this is fair.. One person hacked my account yesterday and now I have a scam tag.. yet everyone i talked to said they didnt scam anyone
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bigdaub

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:25:10 PM

What about me?Huh
CouragedOne (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:31:45 PM

What about me?Huh

I am dealing with you. No i didnt scam anyone i am angry about this
bigdaub

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:47:38 PM

What about me?Huh

Here is you chance for public vindication. I sold you $300 in Amazon gift cards for BTC 2.6626 I sent you all the receipts for proof of validity. Send me the BTC and everyone will know.

1NiCDUBW8ma86gQgySACKhg2jhXb7g6zs5
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:35:25 PM

What about me?Huh

Here is you chance for public vindication. I sold you $300 in Amazon gift cards for BTC 2.6626 I sent you all the receipts for proof of validity. Send me the BTC and everyone will know.

Why would you send someone $300 that just joined 4 days ago, with like 20 posts?

You need to go back to school.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:36:39 PM

What about me?Huh

Why would you send someone $300 that just joined 4 days ago, with like 20 posts?

You need to go back to school.
Maybe because he joined just 15 days ago and has like 15 posts.
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 09:54:39 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 11:06:06 PM by Trading

By criticizing the victim and not the scammer, people might be compelling victims to avoid accusing their scammers.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
bigdaub

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 11:46:39 PM

CouragedOne I forgive you for scamming me and hope God blesses you so you won't need to steal from others.

We all been scammed at one time in our lives. It is because we are naturally trusting.  I am fortunate that I can afford to lose $300. I feel for others who are scammed out of more than they can. I will learn from this and move on.

The people in the Bitcoin community are it's most valuable asset. We must always encourage each other in the good times and bad. 
CouragedOne (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:26:31 AM

firstly.. I didnt scam u its ironic after i apply Amazon holds my account for verification. Secondly.. I didnt even scam anyone but yet i get a scam tag.
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:30:30 AM

Without evidence, all declarations of accounts hacked or on hold have little or no value.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
bigdaub

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:24:35 AM

I would like to believe you. How about send the BTC to an escrow  while Amazon clears your account?
CouragedOne (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:09:45 AM

Without evidence, all declarations of accounts hacked or on hold have little or no value.
I have zero evidence my account got hacked. How would I. I had to change my password. That should be evident enough. Now If I send btc for his transaction through escrow.. and prove my account got held because of it.. will i get my funds back?
bigdaub

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:25:26 AM

If it is determined that I sold you fraudulent gift cards then it is only fair for you to get your funds back. I have provided you with the purchase receipts so there is no reason for Amazon to keep your account on hold indefinitely. If you send BTC to an escrow/arbitrator it would be a good faith step to proving you are not a scammer.

Trading, would you act as a escrow/arbitrator for us?
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:52:53 AM

Better use John. I have reputation, but nothing compared to the one of John.
Anyway, I doubt he will send the money to the escrow. His story doesn't convince me. I hope he proves me wrong.

RedRobin2442

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:26:44 PM

Anyway, I doubt he will send the money to the escrow. His story doesn't convince me. I hope he proves me wrong.

Do you ever Smiley

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:32:04 PM

Do you ever Smiley

It's hard to trust anyone with bitcoin, but I would certainly trust trading & john.

They have both showed continues good trades, but who knows even the most reputable member could get their hands on a big amount and scam others, you always have to think, before dealing with bitcoin.

I nearly always ask for documentation, unless it's using bitmit.net or I have a fairly good gut feeling they will pay.
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:00:59 PM

It's hard to trust anyone with bitcoin, but I would certainly trust trading & john.

Thanks, Welsh.
Anyway, I don't want to act as an escrow. Too much risks and even concern. Every time someone trusts me, I wonder want can go wrong with this damn addresses or networks that can make me look bad and force me to compensate the person.

bigdaub

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:05:06 PM

CouragedOne, do you agree to use John as a escrow? If so I will PM John and ask.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:16:01 PM

Do you ever Smiley

They have both showed continues good trades, but who knows even the most reputable member could get their hands on a big amount and scam others, you always have to think, before dealing with bitcoin.

I nearly always ask for documentation, unless it's using bitmit.net or I have a fairly good gut feeling they will pay.

I held over 10k BTC of escrow coins at one point last month for a brief period, but thankfully I'm down to around 3-4k now. My escrow coins come and go fast, and will always stay in the same unique address issued just for this tx until the escrow is released, so I'm not running a ponzi here. Wink

My plans are not to hold more than 5k BTC worth of escrows at one point, as that's probably the manageable level of escrows for me.

CouragedOne, do you agree to use John as a escrow? If so I will PM John and ask.

He did started an escrow tx with me, but went silent after I sent him and his buyer the escrow contract. He's probably just getting my escrow contract so that he could edit it and send it out to other users. I've got reports by people who said that a few scammers were running around PM'ing fake escrow contracts that were apparently 'issued by me'.  Undecided
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:23:34 PM

you have like 50 posts... make a new account.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: