Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:31:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ok to buy bitcoins on ebay?  (Read 2207 times)
ayurvedicurea2growtaller (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 05:48:30 PM

Hi... there are some good deals on ebay and I am wondering if it's ok to buy bitcoins on ebay platform? Anyone who bought there could you please share your experience? Also what if the seller don't send the bitcoins after you paid? Will ebay help? What about their ebay purchase protection policy?
ranreichman

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Snip CEO

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2017, 05:53:32 PM

I'd really watch out because sellers have no good reason to sell Bitcoin on eBay, they're taking a huge risk. If they transfer the Bitcoin they can't take it back, while the buyer can dispute the deal.

ayurvedicurea2growtaller (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:15:15 PM

but there are many good deals on ebay.com. I think paypal has buyer protection. IDK if someone who has experience with this could let us know the pros and cons of buying bitcion from ebay.com??
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:16:23 PM

Hi... there are some good deals on ebay and I am wondering if it's ok to buy bitcoins on ebay platform? Anyone who bought there could you please share your experience? Also what if the seller don't send the bitcoins after you paid? Will ebay help? What about their ebay purchase protection policy?

Never buy bitcoins on ebay, it is a never ending scam circus on there. If you want to get bitcoins find other ways and never use paypal or a credit card because they can get your money and run and you will receive no bitcoins.

Look into some exchange or local bitcoins, there are no other ways if you want to buy with fiat.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:02:04 PM

I wouldn't suggest that, there are other platforms where you can buy bitcoins and get more protected. I don't think ebay will take some action in case of some problems with sellers, trading bitcoin is not part of the usual business. Rather choose localbitcoins, it's better and.more safe.

malaj
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 08:05:23 PM

Avoid ebay at all costs. All Bitcoin sellers there are scammers.
Use a real Bitcoin exchange site such as Coinbase and Gemini.
Pkuwag

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:27:47 AM

it's impossible
had you seen any goods as Bitcoins sold on ebay?
mattermaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 05:57:47 AM

but there are many good deals on ebay.com. I think paypal has buyer protection. IDK if someone who has experience with this could let us know the pros and cons of buying bitcion from ebay.com??
Paypal's buyer protection does not protect you for being scammed over there.
No one suggests you to buy bitcoins on ebay. Also i have personally never dealt with bitcoins on ebay. Choose any specific platform to protect yourself.

coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:24:14 AM

Don't be stupid  with the Bitcoin trading at shopping sites .
First of all you need to go through the simple understanding that how much we face the problems during the buy of the goods from shopping sites because many times we got scammed of no shipping of products even we paid but after one or more month long term
Dispute they return our money .
So here first of all you need to get make knowledge from the experienced person and then try to buy , but if you can get Bitcoin easily in your local or at escrow sites like LBC.com then why not try to buy from there .
So overall if you want make your first but then try with maximum of 5 to10$ of the value of the Bitcoin  ( because the owner of ebay.in is now Flipkart and in that case of any problem you will face long term dispute because three parties will be against to you , so more Better is to go at localbitcoins.com where everything is P2P  with small fee escrow service .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
passionsurf

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:44:38 PM

I don't think ebay allows digital coin transactions. I used to try selling dogecoin on ebay back in 2014 and it was about that time that ebay passed regulation that forbade selling digital coins. If a listing is against ebay's rules, then ebay will delete the listing if they see it. This means that all record of such transaction will be lost, and you have no accountability to make sure you get what you paid for. Don't buy bitcoin or any altcoin on ebay, it's too risky.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 10:38:46 AM

Why go through ebay when you can directly buy though your btc wallet? I haven't yet heard of anyone selling btcs there and i'd think twice before even considering buying there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:39:23 PM

Avoid ebay at all costs. All Bitcoin sellers there are scammers.
Use a real Bitcoin exchange site such as Coinbase and Gemini.
i personally do not like to use ebay for buying bitcoin, i personally using our local exchange from where i really bitcoin in a good way without any scamming for error. although i am trading coin for some years but never find any problem.
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532

Presale is live!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:12:55 AM

I don't think ebay allows digital coin transactions. I used to try selling dogecoin on ebay back in 2014 and it was about that time that ebay passed regulation that forbade selling digital coins. If a listing is against ebay's rules, then ebay will delete the listing if they see it. This means that all record of such transaction will be lost, and you have no accountability to make sure you get what you paid for. Don't buy bitcoin or any altcoin on ebay, it's too risky.

They used to allow it, but due to the sheer amount of people who were scamming and abusing the fact that Bitcoin transactions are non-reversible, they changed their TOS to disallow it. I personally think this was smart considering that some people were paying up to 50% above market rate for Bitcoins. This is just not right. As much as PayPal needs to reform their model when it comes to disputes, this happens to be a good move by them.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:12:49 AM

How to buy Bitcoin on Ebay? interesting.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:21:19 AM

i never try to buy bitcoin on ebay because i don't know how to do, i prefer to buy in localbitcoin or buy from my friend as local exchange. if you still want to buy on ebay, you need to make sure that you can find recommended seller and will not scam you. if the seller don't send the bitcoin to you then it means you get scam and you can not do anything to gets your money back. so its better to use another third party service that really help us and they can give guarantee for helping user.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 10:47:49 AM

Even if eBay is committing me buyer's protection, I wouldn't buy Bitcoins from such platform especially if there are multiple advanced and secure dedicated platforms for buying bitcoins. Ebay would be perfect to buy bitcoins in 2010 or similar period when there were not many exchanges for buying bitcoins online but since the situation has dramatically changed, we have 10 times better options to buy bitcoins online.
BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:33:35 AM

Ebay has a big chance of risk i would prefer to buy to the trusted sellers.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:44:09 AM

Of all the many choices where to buy Bitcoin...why would you get it from eBay? Again, there are now many ways to obtain Bitcoin which can be considered as safer and more convenient compared to eBay. Always be careful and always listen to what others can be saying. You don't want to just throw the money which you earned the hard way.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:46:12 AM

Right now we have got lots of access to buy and sell bitcoin through different trading and exchange platforms. EBay haven't gained much popularity with bitcoin. So it's good to focus on the primary options rather than focusing on ebay and other platforms.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:23:10 AM

I think there is no assurance of transactions about bitcoin in ebay. If you want to buy bitcoin there are many access of bitcoin in different exchange platform. There are much more safe platform for bitcoin not to ebay. Be careful always for you to not lose your money. Buy to the trusted sellers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: