Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:26:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there anyway to re-launch YAC to make it fair?  (Read 618 times)
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:41:08 PM

Is it too late to relaunch this coin fairly, at a pre-announced date and time?

And with difficulty not at 0?

I have 20k YAC I mined so I don't care much either way, but it would be nice to see a 'flawless' release for a coin. Has there ever been one?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tytanick
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:41:58 PM

lol,
is yes, we will relaunch bitcoin also Smiley
think my boy !

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:43:36 PM

I have 20k YAC I mined so I don't care much either way, but it would be nice to see a 'flawless' release for a coin. Has there ever been one?

I'm sure it will be relaunched as new alt-coin with a new name any day now!!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:48:38 PM

Bitcoin was already re-launched twice, once as Terracoin and again as Bytecoin.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:50:15 PM

-MarkM-

True. I'll add details and stop assuming people can read my mind. I mean, is the CPU mining only thing still a relevant advantage or have people figured out how to get a lot more juice out of their GPU's with it yet? In which case wouldn't that make a re-launch not as good...
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:51:33 PM

So you want to relaunch YAC making your 20k disappear?

Something don't add up right here.

relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:53:20 PM

-MarkM-

True. I'll add details and stop assuming people can read my mind. I mean, is the CPU mining only thing still a relevant advantage or have people figured out how to get a lot more juice out of their GPU's with it yet? In which case wouldn't that make a re-launch not as good...

That's exactly why a relaunch wouldn't work. Though I've seen no evidence, there's already conspiracy theorists claiming that several have adapted the new scrypt algo to GPUs in private. These people will still complain regardless.

It is non-trivial to port the code to GPUs and while it is *possible* someone has already done it, it's really unlikely.
bitbitcoincoin

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 07:53:39 PM

It's going to be interesting to see if a coin comes out that truly is focused on growing the coin instead of getting rich quick.  If one did you'd see it take off as far as community support is concerned instead of just miner support(there is a big difference).   Every coin outside of bitcoin has been first and foremost about making the developers and earliest adopters money, to truly innovate we need the developers focus to be on something other than immediate financial gratification.  
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 07:55:08 PM

There are so many chains you can still mine with CPUs that making a whole new launch specially for the botnet operators seems kind of redundant. People with CPUs have plenty of coins to mine already.

They had all year to mine BBQcoin along with several others, and even though BBQcoin is now too difficult all the others are still fine for CPUs. (And when they are not, presumably like BBQcoin they will be in the phase where they pay the CPU miners who mined them all along a nice big bonus, probably more than their GPUs were making over the same months.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mr_random (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:06:08 PM

There are so many chains you can still mine with CPUs that making a whole new launch specially for the botnet operators seems kind of redundant. People with CPUs have plenty of coins to mine already.

They had all year to mine BBQcoin along with several others, and even though BBQcoin is now too difficult all the others are still fine for CPUs. (And when they are not, presumably like BBQcoin they will be in the phase where they pay the CPU miners who mined them all along a nice big bonus, probably more than their GPUs were making over the same months.)

-MarkM-

What, in your opinion are the best CPU coins out there. I value your opinion because I've been reading your posts and you seem to have quite a collection of rare/semi-defunct coins you like to mine. I am quite addicted to collecting these alt coins myself but I try to keep it profitable. That said BBQ seems to have been a fluke and even then, it's not exactly setting the world alight selling for 1 cents a pop right now... It paints a nice story all these dedicated CPU BBQ miners finally receiving a handsome payoff for keeping the faith, but I don't think that is what is really occuring? Let me know what you think.

I don't think Litecoin being rebooted as Feathercoin caused any of my Litecoins to disappear.

If you don't believe me btw I am happy to bet 500 litecoin that I have > 15K YAC stored in my two wallets.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 08:19:37 PM

I don't think Litecoin being rebooted as Feathercoin caused any of my Litecoins to disappear.

If you don't believe me btw I am happy to bet 500 litecoin that I have > 15K YAC stored in my two wallets.
Litecoin has never been rebooted. It's been forked and started as something else. A reboot means the blockchain would be restarted from 0, which has happened to the testnet a few times.

Why would you lie about your holding? If it was something worth having like 20k of Bitcoins, that would be a different story.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: