Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does 'Pump and Dump' means in crypto trading ?  (Read 6639 times)
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:59:02 PM

Pump and Dump is a current understanding of value in a market having people easily describe in a certain way which every traders are using that word with react to the present happening. Which pump describe as good market value/surprisingly up while dump is too bad value of coins dropping together.
Pump and dump is just a term in cryptocurrency that only defines what is the current situations of the coin in the market. Pump and dump is just simply a movement of prices in the market which pump means getting a high value of a coin and a dump means getting a value of coin lower. I don't have any idea if is there any meaning of pump and dump here in crypto.
Faxmate

Activity: 1071
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:22:09 AM

Pump and Dump is a current understanding of value in a market having people easily describe in a certain way which every traders are using that word with react to the present happening. Which pump describe as good market value/surprisingly up while dump is too bad value of coins dropping together.
Yes pump means price is high and dump mean price is down, just like as it happens in our real life crypto currency also use to increase and decrease, but pump mean people are buying more coin which is making price high, and dumping mean people are selling coins which is making price fall , but now situation remain for long time as people use it as an advantage they buy at dump and sell at pump which make profit for the investors.3
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:09:53 PM

When price suddenly decrease or increase without any reason there happen pump and dump, because the cryptomarket volume is very little. However, you can not see it in Forex because the market is close to 100 trillion dollars and there is no one who can pump or dump any currency.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:38:12 AM

Pump is mean the price of the coins/token going up drasticly by short times, and this is because many trader bought it at the same times, and dump its mean going down by fast. There are many pump dump group and they usually chooce coins that has low volume, and this trading methode is very risky, and usually only the admin of pump dump group will make big profit because they buy earlier before they give signal to other trader.
This pump and dump carries a very much significant importance not only in the world of the trading but also in the entire crypto market as this is the only thing which then results in the loss of money or gain of money based on how good you are in dealing the things. If you can make the best possible use of these two moments, then you can surely earn a huge amount of money later.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:09:09 PM

Pump and Dump is another term in the movements that happens in the cryptocurrency.
It is a high amount or value of the investment during the condition of the market is in demand while dump happens when the price of it is in the available price is low and affordable.
SolomonSollarsNSense

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 01:10:40 PM

Pump and dump are tokens that is not utilized by the platform which is only used for crowdsale. Once the price shoots up, you should be ready to sell your tokens because when people starts to dump, it will never pump up again.
right, when pumping happens we must immediately sell it, because you will wait very long, even the price will go down and down. for that leave greed so that we do not regret later
It is difficult to predict the right time to invest money in bitcoin or to sell it in right time, For that we need to study the market regularly and should also get the expert opinion. Pump and dump is always there but very little people can get benefit from it.
big_bankir

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:40:24 PM

PUMP is an expression used for traders and it means a sharp increase in the rate of any crypto currency asset due to the large volume of purchase orders. DUMP is the exact opposite of the definition of PUMP.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:48:17 PM

If someone invites you to join this kind of group, I would stay away from them, they would ask you to pay for a fee to provide you with a signal when to Buy and when to Sell. Its not good in trading. You see a sudden price increase of a coin that has been idle for quite sometime and for no reason price suddenly jumps up. They will start dumping when they reached their goal. Its manipulation.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 11:52:00 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2018, 12:32:29 AM by odolvlobo

PUMP is an expression used for traders and it means a sharp increase in the rate of any crypto currency asset due to the large volume of purchase orders. DUMP is the exact opposite of the definition of PUMP.

Perhaps, but "pump and dump" is a kind of scam. A "pump" group is a pump-and-dump scam where the members of the group are the intended victims.

Read this:
https://www.cftc.gov/sites/default/files/idc/groups/public/%40customerprotection/documents/file/customeradvisory_pumpdump0218.pdf

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
lushlife

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:24:59 AM

Pump means the price is going higher
Dump means the price is going lower

Good news that the groupchat has been removed, Pump and Dump groups causes chaos,
many traders specially newbies has been FOMOd because of P&D groups, so never participate
in any P&D groups.
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:26:11 PM

I think pump and dump is the bitcoin price movement that happens sometimes rise very high and sometimes go down very deep so it creates the name of dump and pump, so take advantage of this very moment to buy as much bitcoin as you can.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

hi all.,

i am not a day trader , so i dont know much about these terms.,

there was trollbox on polo where people used to say pump and dump specific coins. but trollbox is gone now.,

from basic understanding dump means DROP,
does the PUMP means buy ?

Pumping means the market prices are continuously increasing because people are in hype of investing while dumping means most of the investors are selling their coins again that makes the price to drop.
BCSHonda

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:48:03 PM

Good news that the groupchat has been removed, Pump and Dump groups causes chaos,
many traders specially newbies has been FOMOd because of P&D groups, so never participate
in any P&D groups.
Pump and Dump in the cryptocurrency market are alluding to the very strong value changes of some of the coins in this market. I think Pump / dump is made by wealthy whale investors wanting to dominate the market as they want. I'm not really interested in this kind of cryptocurrency market.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:42:27 AM

in any P&D groups.
Pump and Dump in the cryptocurrency market are alluding to the very strong value changes of some of the coins in this market. I think Pump / dump is made by wealthy whale investors wanting to dominate the market as they want. I'm not really interested in this kind of cryptocurrency market.

Yeah more than p/d groups, i think manipulators like whales can make any coin's value craziy high or plunge deep to attract most the time newbies in exchanges. Many of us have been victims of such i'm sure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
laravuemaster

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:04:14 PM

hi all.,

there was trollbox on polo where people used to say pump and dump specific coins. but trollbox is gone now.,

Pumping means the market price is starting to increase again due to hype in the market or good news while dump means the prices in the market is currently decreasing or dying.

Raiwenkai

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:59:50 PM

Pump means the token's amount increased don't buy if the tokens are pumping and dump means the decreasing so it is the best time to buy, buy low and sell it high.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:14:36 PM

I think pump and dump is the bitcoin price movement that happens sometimes rise very high and sometimes go down very deep so it creates the name of dump and pump, so take advantage of this very moment to buy as much bitcoin as you can.
Pumps and dumps are processes when crypto prices move very quickly and out of control, there is usually a price manipulation done by a person or a group in order to take advantage. The process of pum and dump is what sometimes makes a great sense of panic for many traders. This kind of incident is unpredictable and can happen anytime. For me this is a scary thing because not all traders are ready to accept this condition. But the trick that I will share is when there is a process like this then keep the emotions that we have because with it we can get much better results. Patience is something that can steer us away from far greater losses.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1274
Merit: 356

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:21:02 PM

hi all.,

In my own observation according to my experienced. Dump means that the price is down and pump means that the price is up. And that is the really meaning of pump and dump. So don't buy if you read some comments that the coin will going to dump and you can go buy if you read some comments that the coin will pump. But its up to you if you follow their comments.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:47:05 PM

hi all.,

Pump and dump are two continuous processes that help us to make a profit, knowing when to buy and sell, in addition to what is the impact and position of the price.

With the crypto market at the moment it is hard to see, you can see that bitcoin prices are constantly decreasing and are constantly dump strong. At this point you should limit the transaction.

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:05:03 PM

hi all.,

Pumping means the market price is starting to increase again due to hype in the market or good news while dump means the prices in the market is currently decreasing or dying.
For me pumping means time to sell and dumping means time to hold, because in pumping we get profit for selling and in dumping we get a chance to hold our coin and try to buy some more for saving it long term, it is actually call volatile nature of bitcoin and fluctuation of the price, normally we see price rising and but sometime it decreases so at Dump or decreasing price we should try to buy some more bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: