Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:38:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you plan to sell your new gpus?  (Voting closed: July 15, 2017, 08:17:29 PM)
yes - 7 (16.3%)
no - 33 (76.7%)
maybe - 3 (7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is planning to sell their new gpus?  (Read 2213 times)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 12:22:24 AM

Give it a month, the bloodbath has Bearly begun.

This is a good quote, lets hope it does not come to that hehe. If it comes to that then many noobs will sell their gpu's to buy a nice cozy fabricated coffin and then commit suicide and then rest in peace hehe

fabricated coffins will likely reach its all time high very soon ehhe

If you noobs dont want to come to that then remember to hold your coins.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 1699

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:05:41 AM

Its still very profitable

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
gokayc

Activity: 406
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:23:57 AM

I see many people are selling their rigs after this crash. Most of them are new for mining. They don't know anything about mining. Before they start mining they were thinking that they just plug in and then start earning money, every month same amount. they didn't know how mining is difficult especially if you are new in this world. Now of course they are trying to sell their mining rig and get out of this difficult situation.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
whitrzac

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

90*c is good, right?

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:58:24 AM

Not me, building a LAN and charging all of the section 8 neighborhood kids $5 to play rocket league which I got like 20 free codes for.

Making two times the cash I was mining.

May parlay some of that profit into a Candy/Gumball machine.

You sr, are a genius.
namjey

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:16:38 AM

I am selling it right now. Before it's too late!!! Seems like mining fun is over.
ltcsprite

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:22:26 AM

I am selling it right now. Before it's too late!!! Seems like mining fun is over.

What do you have for sale, pal?
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:29:14 AM

Not me, building a LAN and charging all of the section 8 neighborhood kids $5 to play rocket league which I got like 20 free codes for.

Making two times the cash I was mining.

May parlay some of that profit into a Candy/Gumball machine.

You sr, are a genius.

Haha, that's a good idea. We've got a bunch of rocket league codes just wasting space too. We're in the country though, so unless I can teach skunks, coyotes, and deer to play video games that plan might not work for us. lol 

*We are still mining away just fine to clarify.*
Raziel__

Activity: 76

Geniuses are always branded as crazy

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 11:41:11 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 08:44:20 PM by Raziel__

I see many people are selling their rigs after this crash. Most of them are new for mining. They don't know anything about mining. Before they start mining they were thinking that they just plug in and then start earning money, every month same amount. they didn't know how mining is difficult especially if you are new in this world. Now of course they are trying to sell their mining rig and get out of this difficult situation.

Not true at all, people aren't selling because of crash, and they aren't new for mining either. You will see in a month why are people selling now at a price of 350/400$ per card, rather than at a price of 50/100$ per card.

Good luck.

This is madness. Prepare yourself miners, winter is here!
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 02:36:42 PM

I sold my RX480 gpus and received 477 USD for each gpu. Now, I plan to go with either 1080tis (Already have 2 msi gaming x), or I may invest in buying coins.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:06:25 PM

I made a point of NOT buying massively overpriced cards - and the cards I have bought all have "other uses" planned for them if mining profitability drops too far.

I suspect it's not going to get much if any worse than last summer though, folks will give up 'cause their high power cost makes it unprofitable for THEM in fairly high quantities long before it becomes unprofitable for ME.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Plumbus

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:29:22 PM

Already sold all my AMD cards. Keeping all my nvidia cards though
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:45:00 PM

I'm seriously considering shedding some AMDs now, the prices are still decent and with summer electricity prices it's depressing.  Not going to ditch my nvidias though, and will probably flip the money I get from the AMDs into a few 1080tis.  There's definitely still profit potential, and we're probably losing in the long term by selling now even at these inflated prices, but I want to downsize my footprints and consolidate into cards that will be more viable long-term, plus having 1080tis in rigs plus my main desktop will make me feel less bad whenever I want to play a game.  I feel dirty knowing I'm losing money just to be entertained for a few hours.
dandreark1

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 07:54:06 PM

sell gpu's?  Huh
12 x 1070's on the way Smiley

don't fret. I love my OC'd 1070's
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1284

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2017, 08:06:04 PM

I think it's a good strategy if you sell AMDs right now and buy Nvidias because use less power and there is no problem with the hashrates

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████