Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BQC][POOL][DYNAMIC PPLNS][STRATUM] Silverwolf's BBQ Pool [UPGRADED !]  (Read 5393 times)
SNAZ31

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:00:48 PM

And to silverwolf... Still haven't got round to doing that tweaking, grrrrrr, why do I never have any time when I need it! lol...

Any way donation is now set. Smiley

How about implimenting an indicator for the donators? As they do with other pools I have seen...

And I had another idea regarding the BBQ's... We need to start up a middle man service ala bitcoin. So that people can spend them, I think it would be a great boost for the coin and make it more profitable to mine. I am looking for people to join up with to start such a service... Would you be interested? Is there anyone that is interested?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the1silverwolf (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:17:04 PM

Hey, I've been mining all day with 1.2 MH/s, and I've only got ~120 BQC.

I'll research that for you when I get into the office.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:19:02 PM

I just got two credits into my account for 12.43750000 each. Was that a payment mistake or what?

My name is mfngimp

Lol, there was an issue while I was upgrading the FTC pool preparing to launch it.  It resulted in one FTC block being paid to the BBQ pool users (twice) because I missed changing one line in the script.  I've fixed it already, but since there was enough coins in the BBQ reserve to cover the payouts I just left them in place.

Call it a small bonus !

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:25:26 PM

You could also proportion it by the amount of time spent actively contributing to the pool. To give the most loyal a little extra, you could also weigh it towards those who have the most hours. This could also discourage people from joining just for the contest and leaving right after.

I came up with this spreadsheet to demonstrate what I mean:

Hopefully that makes some sense to you.

That's a good idea as well.  Let me think on it and I'll get started on the next contest shortly.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:03:50 PM

Wolf, here's what I found.  I pulled the information from the database for your userId for yesterday's date (05/23/2013)

During this time your hash rate varied a decent bit, and there was a period where you did not connect at all.  Here's the chart :

Yesterday you submitted shares for 39 blocks here is the breakdown :

I've uploaded the spreadsheet that contains the raw data if you'd like to review it.  You can download it here : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6PMWmOuapNuVEYtRng0enNLU0U/edit?usp=sharing

Based upon what I am seeing here I would have expected you to be paid about 204 coins for yesterdays work and you were actually paid a little over 208 coins yesterday.

It looks to me like you were paid correctly, I don't think you were aware that your miners were offline for approx 7 hours yesterday.  Take a look at the data (it's in LibreOffice format) and let me know if you need anything else or if you see anything here that I've missed.

Thanks.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:32:23 PM

Wolf, here's what I found.  I pulled the information from the database for your userId for yesterday's date (05/23/2013)

During this time your hash rate varied a decent bit, and there was a period where you did not connect at all.  Here's the chart :

Yesterday you submitted shares for 39 blocks here is the breakdown :

I've uploaded the spreadsheet that contains the raw data if you'd like to review it.  You can download it here : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6PMWmOuapNuVEYtRng0enNLU0U/edit?usp=sharing

Based upon what I am seeing here I would have expected you to be paid about 204 coins for yesterdays work and you were actually paid a little over 208 coins yesterday.

It looks to me like you were paid correctly, I don't think you were aware that your miners were offline for approx 7 hours yesterday.  Take a look at the data (it's in LibreOffice format) and let me know if you need anything else or if you see anything here that I've missed.

Thanks.

Strange. My backup pool doesn't have any BQC in it either... Thanks for looking into it.

Anytime man.  Your internet may have gone down for a while.  I know that mine does that on occasion.  They can be frustratingly unreliable sometimes.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:01:09 PM

Love the pool

Love the contest even more (especially since my computer is about as fast as a Commodore 64...and it takes me a week to get 1 BBQ Coin)

Fingers crossed-hoping I win
The previous contest ended.  I will be planning the next one shortly though!  Stick around.

This pool is great, Im getting shares faster than any other pool that I have used prior
That's the reason we keep the share difficulty at 15 - 16, so that slower miners can get a fair shake at accepted shares.  It also increases the load on the server so I have to keep the pool fairly small until such time as I can get Vardiff implemented. 

Unfortunately, Vardiff requires SERIOUS modification to all of the existing code which is why it's not implemented yet. 

Frankly I'd rather have smallish pools anyhow, it's easier to keep up with, you get to know the miners better, and it's better for the coin (any coin really) to have lots of small pools instead of only a few really large ones.  Options are a good thing.

--
the1silverwolf
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:24:01 PM

Im one of those small miners (laptop which i can only run at night) i can't thank-you enough for your pool. Yours is the only one that gets me some good coin. Keep up the great work!
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:46:56 PM

Im one of those small miners (laptop which i can only run at night) i can't thank-you enough for your pool. Yours is the only one that gets me some good coin. Keep up the great work!

Well thank you !  I'm glad you like it !

--
the1silverwolf
FullLife

Activity: 503

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:50:26 PM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:31:13 PM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

What problems have you been having ?

--
the1silverwolf
FullLife

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:36:25 AM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

Payouts were nowhere near what they were supposed to be on the other pools, even after mining for 2-3 days straight.  I've already earned almost as much mining for 8 hrs. here that I did mining for 24 hrs. at the last pool I tried lol.

This pool is great, please keep up the good work Smiley.
SNAZ31

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 01:02:55 PM

Hey there, finally got down to sorting my cards out and I think they are doing okay now... Can I just post my stats and ask you to look over them for me incase something is no good...

cgminer with 2 7970's

Clock 950
Mem 1680 (it hasn't crashed but wondering if I may cause damage?)
fan speed 75%
Temps 75

Hashrate 666 (dun dun duuuuun) when pc not in use and 640 ish when in use...

card 2

clock 990
mem 1664
fan speed 65%
temps 76

Hashrate 692

This seems to be the best and most stable I can get it... I have no pci risers yet else I'm sure I could get those temps down some or even eek a little more out of the cards.

I am getting some artifacting on screen with firefox but movies and such play fine.

Do you think this is okay to leave for long periods?

If anyone would like to know more about how I got this please ask. Smiley

the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 09:48:46 PM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:06:26 PM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

Okay cool, thing is I have always gotten artifacts while I'm mining, no matter which miner I use, youtube vids won't play properly either, the picture keeps freezing... Do you think more ram could solve this? I only have 4gb of system ram at the moment and I see from the task manager that I only have a small ammount free, although it says I am using 46% or something, still don't get that. Does that take into account virtual memory or something?

Is there a way to turn the intensity down within cgminer or does it have to be done in the conf/.bat file?

Also how come I can change a conf to a txt and then edit it but I can't change a .bat and do the same... Is there a way to edit a .bat?

Oh and yeah I was gonna say, turning the mem speed down wouldn't do anything surely? Because no matter what I set the mem speed to cgminer will use it to it's fullest right? Leaving no room for anything else, only thing you could do is turn the intesity down? I used to do that in guiminer when I watched a film as I used to get screen tearing and artifacts. Turning the intensity down solved that.

With cgminer though I no longer get any problems with video playback, except for online videos.

I saw a thread before about using on board graphics for running the OS/GUI, do you know if that is possible? I believe there was something you could possibly do in the bios though I'm not sure.
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:22:15 AM

To our miner "byltz", there is something wrong with your configuration.  You are getting 74% stales/invalids.

Check your settings.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:24:17 AM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

Okay cool, thing is I have always gotten artifacts while I'm mining, no matter which miner I use, youtube vids won't play properly either, the picture keeps freezing... Do you think more ram could solve this? I only have 4gb of system ram at the moment and I see from the task manager that I only have a small ammount free, although it says I am using 46% or something, still don't get that. Does that take into account virtual memory or something?

Is there a way to turn the intensity down within cgminer or does it have to be done in the conf/.bat file?

Also how come I can change a conf to a txt and then edit it but I can't change a .bat and do the same... Is there a way to edit a .bat?

Oh and yeah I was gonna say, turning the mem speed down wouldn't do anything surely? Because no matter what I set the mem speed to cgminer will use it to it's fullest right? Leaving no room for anything else, only thing you could do is turn the intesity down? I used to do that in guiminer when I watched a film as I used to get screen tearing and artifacts. Turning the intensity down solved that.

With cgminer though I no longer get any problems with video playback, except for online videos.

I saw a thread before about using on board graphics for running the OS/GUI, do you know if that is possible? I believe there was something you could possibly do in the bios though I'm not sure.

When running cgminer, press G to change the gpu settings.  You can try different settings here before typing them into the configure file.  They will take effect as soon as you change them but will be not be saved.

The memory speed will certainly make a difference.  Cgminer will run it at whatever speed you set it at, too fast and you'll get artifacts, rejects, or crashes.

running your desktop off the built in graphics and just using the cards to mine is possible, but it's sometimes hard to get working properly.

you can edit a bat file by right clicking it and choosing "Edit" from the menu.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:29:50 AM

I joined this pool today.  This is about the 4th or 5th pool I've tried, hopefully I'll have better luck with this one.

Payouts were nowhere near what they were supposed to be on the other pools, even after mining for 2-3 days straight.  I've already earned almost as much mining for 8 hrs. here that I did mining for 24 hrs. at the last pool I tried lol.

There are many things which can effect payouts, but after a day or so you should be getting your full payouts regardless of where you are mining if it's PPLNS.

The other pools you tried may not have fixed the bugs in the mmcFE payout logic, it's a real pain to get it right but if you don't, you'll end up overpaying some users and underpaying others.

How's my pool working out for you so far ?

--
the1silverwolf
SNAZ31

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:41:39 AM

If you are getting artifacts you might want to turn the mem speed down a bit.  Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

When running cgminer, press G to change the gpu settings.  You can try different settings here before typing them into the configure file.  They will take effect as soon as you change them but will be not be saved.

The memory speed will certainly make a difference.  Cgminer will run it at whatever speed you set it at, too fast and you'll get artifacts, rejects, or crashes.

running your desktop off the built in graphics and just using the cards to mine is possible, but it's sometimes hard to get working properly.

you can edit a bat file by right clicking it and choosing "Edit" from the menu.

Silly me, didn't see the intensity option before! doh! lol...

Well just had a play with both intensity (going down to 10) and mem clock speeds (going down to 1300) on the main gpu (display gpu) and nothing helps, the videos still jerk and such. The sound plays okay but image freezes and jerks. Just checked I have the latest flash and I do... As a control I disabled the gpu and youtube ran fine...

This is very odd, I have not come across this problem before. The only thing I can think is a ram issue or maybe a driver issue. Grrrrrr, well I will have to live with it I guess, I so want to get a dedicated miner! lol... One day, cheers for your help any way.
FullLife

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:52:30 PM

There are many things which can effect payouts, but after a day or so you should be getting your full payouts regardless of where you are mining if it's PPLNS.

The other pools you tried may not have fixed the bugs in the mmcFE payout logic, it's a real pain to get it right but if you don't, you'll end up overpaying some users and underpaying others.

How's my pool working out for you so far ?

So far the pool is great!  Earning what I'm supposed to be earning, low % of stales, everything is running smoothly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: