Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BQC][POOL][DYNAMIC PPLNS][STRATUM] Silverwolf's BBQ Pool [UPGRADED !]  (Read 5393 times)
the1silverwolf (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:31:26 AM

Also if the share difficulty just increased its probably time for me to stop mining. Im barely mining anything with my old computers as it is. But I will be back when my new box is finished being built

I only increased it slightly, 31 is still very low.  Give it a try and see how it works for you first Smiley  You should get roughly half as many shares as with the old 16 setting, but each one will count for twice as much as before.

I've been thinking about a way to have a port for slower miners with a lower difficulty and a separate port for faster ones with a higher one.  When I work out all the details I will work on making it available.

Vardiff would be better but that's....well...complicated to implement with this environment.

--
the1silverwolf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
egersh

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:39:44 AM

Yes I fully understand what the new graph means, I just prefer having the difficulty graph there to know what it was throughout the day without doing some math calculation (which I would have to spend time to dig up in the first place). That difficulty graph was one of the reasons I chose this pool over the others, and I definitely prefer it better. Wink

Pretty sure I can add it back.  I'll put it on the list and work on it when I have a chance.

That would be much appreciated, thanks silverwolf. Keep up the excellent work, I can tell you really put a lot of effort into these pools of yours.
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:27:35 PM

Also if the share difficulty just increased its probably time for me to stop mining. Im barely mining anything with my old computers as it is. But I will be back when my new box is finished being built

I only increased it slightly, 31 is still very low.  Give it a try and see how it works for you first Smiley  You should get roughly half as many shares as with the old 16 setting, but each one will count for twice as much as before.

I've been thinking about a way to have a port for slower miners with a lower difficulty and a separate port for faster ones with a higher one.  When I work out all the details I will work on making it available.

Vardiff would be better but that's....well...complicated to implement with this environment.

I did notice that I am getting about half as many shares as before. However, I dont think they are quite as near twice the value. But that is ok. My computers suck, I havent even tweaked them yet, and I dont think you should have to specially create or make any concessions for people like me that have really slow equipment. Its a nice thought but you may just be too generous

I think slower miners should want to get or create a better rig and not be catered to. If they are, they are going to expect that with all pools and it removes the incentive to either get new equipment or even tweak (or learn to tweak) what they currently have access to.

Believe me, I would benefit immensely if you made any concessions for slower miners but I dont believe you should just based on the principle of the matter Smiley

the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:08:37 AM

Yes I fully understand what the new graph means, I just prefer having the difficulty graph there to know what it was throughout the day without doing some math calculation (which I would have to spend time to dig up in the first place). That difficulty graph was one of the reasons I chose this pool over the others, and I definitely prefer it better. Wink

Pretty sure I can add it back.  I'll put it on the list and work on it when I have a chance.

First I tried adding the difficulty back onto the graph as a third item.  It worked, but looked stupid because it exactly mirrored the movement of the zero variance line. (and I mean exactly.  It's the same line.)

So, I took it back out of the graph and added a Difficulty column to the "Last 50 Blocks Found" Table under the graph.

This looks fine and it's information people may find handy so I've updated all my other pools with it.

Hopefully this, along with the zero variance line will give you what you need.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:51:01 AM

I did notice that I am getting about half as many shares as before. However, I don't think they are quite as near twice the value

Sure they are, since the share difficulty doubled everyone on the pool is getting about half the number of shares as before.

Strictly speaking I guess each share has no value.  It's not like PPS where you get paid by the share.  Instead you get a % of the block value by counting how many of the lastNshares were from you.

So, you see it doesn't matter what the share difficulty is really.  The lastNshares value doubles when the share difficulty doubles.

Sort of like this:

Code:
200 Shares (yours) / 2000 (lastNshares) = 10 % of the block value is yours
vs
100 Shares (yours) / 1000 (lastNshares) = 10 % of the block value is yours

Either way you get the same percentage.

There is more to it than that of course, but it gives you some idea of how it works.

I dont think you should have to specially create or make any concessions for people like me that have really slow equipment. Its a nice thought but you may just be too generous

I think slower miners should want to get or create a better rig and not be catered to. If they are, they are going to expect that with all pools and it removes the incentive to either get new equipment or even tweak (or learn to tweak) what they currently have access to.

Well, if I did implement a lower difficulty share port for slower miners, you wouldn't earn any more coins.  As I would have to change the way the scoring works.  I would set the slow port to a fraction of the difficulty of the fast port and shares submitted to the slow port would only count for that fraction of the big ones.

For example if the fast port is Diff 60 and the slow port is Diff 15 than it would take 4 shares submitted to the slower port to equal 1 share submitted to the faster one.

That's the only way to do it right.  It would only make a difference if the miner in question was too slow (or nearly too slow) to get shares at all, other than that payouts would be the same.  

As long as you are getting shares fairly regularly it wouldn't make much difference, the variance might be slightly lower.

The only reason to do something like that would be to allow for even higher difficulty shares on the faster port (Doubling the share difficulty almost cuts the server load in half, because it's now processing half as many shares as before) while still allowing for slower miners to use the pool and get something.  I would imagine that most miners would be on the fast port.

I may or may not implement something like it, I would rather have a full-on Vardiff implementation but the stratum server I am using doesn't support it.

Believe me, I would benefit immensely if you made any concessions for slower miners but I dont believe you should just based on the principle of the matter Smiley

If the share difficulty were to be set so high that you couldn't get any shares at all, or got shares very sporadically it would be a great help, other than that it just wouldn't do much.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:09:00 PM

Most of our new users are not donating anything, so I've set a 1% pool fee to help cover the costs of the server.

This will allow me to keep the pool running and to continue improving it.

Thank You.

--
the1silverwolf
FullLife

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:50:03 PM

I had to switch to another pool because I was earning more with their share difficulty.  Now that yours is the same (31), I'm back here.  It's weird how much your earnings are affected when share difficulty isn't set to something that's optimal for your hardware.
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:59:21 PM

I had to switch to another pool because I was earning more with their share difficulty.  Now that yours is the same (31), I'm back here.  It's weird how much your earnings are affected when share difficulty isn't set to something that's optimal for your hardware.

+1  Sad
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 06:15:32 AM

hmm, under optimum conditions the small change I made shouldn't make much, if any, difference at all in your payout.

I suppose if the stale rate is high or if your pretty far away from the server (network lag) than it might increase it.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 02:27:25 AM

Manual withdrawal functionality has been reworked to prevent exploitation and has been enabled again.

How it works now :

When you click the "Cash Out" button, instead of sending the money immediately it "Schedules" the withdrawal request.

Withdrawal requests are processed every minute when the cronjob runs.

Enjoy

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 11:34:49 PM

All operating pools exiting BETA status as the code is working well and quite stable.

Argentum          http://swmining.mine.nu/arg
StableCoin1       http://silverwolf.ath.cx/sbc
StableCoin2       http://swmining.mine.nu/sbc
BBQ Coin          http://silverwolf.ath.cx/bbq
Worldcoin         http://silverwolf.ath.cx/wdc
Junkcoin           http://swmining.mine.nu/jkc

--
the1silverwolf
martinusbat

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 09:37:52 AM

just joined with a HD7950 Flex OC 3gb working @450kHash/s ... Can't manage to make it faster without crashing - CGminer 3.1.1
Looks like bitcoin mining is over, dead. with ASICs coming revenues droped (divided by 6 in a 2 months).

very low difficulty, few people => high revenues.
For the moment, far better than litecoins too.

Thank you !
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:20:26 PM

just joined with a HD7950 Flex OC 3gb working @450kHash/s ... Can't manage to make it faster without crashing - CGminer 3.1.1
Looks like bitcoin mining is over, dead. with ASICs coming revenues droped (divided by 6 in a 2 months).

very low difficulty, few people => high revenues.
For the moment, far better than litecoins too.

Thank you !

Glad to have you with us!

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:20:50 PM

We still have plenty of slots open on the server, come and get some BBQ would ya ?

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 08:23:11 PM

Here's a guide for overclocking the 7950 & 7970 written I believe by the developer of cgminer (I copied and pasted it when I found it at some point).  It is fairly in-depth and is a slow process, but will yield the very best results possible with your hardware.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14JJOGkO2t6Oh9CtIsX1Tb5rMfKJsqygkgXDh-uk1D7g/edit?usp=sharing

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 02:01:20 AM

I have good news.  I'm putting the finishing bits on a VARDIFF implementation for the BBQ Pool!

A Custom VARDIFF implementation matches your miners with the perfect ShareDifficulty for their hash rate.

It should be online in a week or two.

--
the1silverwolf
GoldBit89

Activity: 526

Its all about the Gold

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 04:21:25 AM

I have good news.  I'm putting the finishing bits on a VARDIFF implementation for the BBQ Pool!

A Custom VARDIFF implementation matches your miners with the perfect ShareDifficulty for their hash rate.

It should be online in a week or two.

SWEET BBQ !!! Thanks.

FTC  6nvzqqaCEizThvgMeC86MGzhAxGzKEtNH8 |WDC WckDxipCes2eBmxrUYEhrUfNNRZexKuYjR  |BQC bSDm3XvauqWWnqrxfimw5wdHVDQDp2U8XU
BOT EjcroqeMpZT4hphY4xYDzTQakwutpnufQR |BTG geLUGuJkhnvuft77ND6VrMvc8vxySKZBUz |LTC  LhXbJMzCqLEzGBKgB2n73oce448BxX1dc4
BTC 1JPzHugtBtPwXgwMqt9rtdwRxxWyaZvk61  |ETH 0xA6cCD2Fb3AC2450646F8D8ebeb14f084F392ACFf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2013, 02:01:04 PM

I apologize for my recent lack of response on the forums and the support tickets.  I've been in and out of the hospital this week.

I'll do my best to get caught up this weekend.

Thanks for your patience.

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:09:47 PM

Opened up additional server slots!

Get your account before they fill up !!!!

--
the1silverwolf
the1silverwolf (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 03:04:15 AM

WE HAVE RESOLVED THE ISSUES WITH THE PAYMENTS ON THE BBQ_POOL.

ALL MISSED PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN ISSUED

LOVE,

JAMIE
SUPPORT TEAM

--
the1silverwolf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: