U.K - 2 (2.9%)
Germany - 1 (1.4%)
Netherlands - 2 (2.9%)
Australia - 1 (1.4%)
Poland - 1 (1.4%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What country are you from?  (Read 1562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
HeroC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:03:12 AM

Title says it all. What country are you from? No special reason, just curious. If you have a request, reply below.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:20:54 AM

Europe counts as a country now?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:23:07 AM

The choice of Nigeria also seems odd.
HeroC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:29:28 AM

The Europe area, there are a lot of small countries, so I just put it into one.

The choice of Nigeria also seems odd.

I was reading an article about them hacking so I figured whatever and put it in there. If it gets no votes I'll replace it with something later.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 02:35:34 AM

HeroC,

Why not instead have a list based on the top 10 of bitcoin-qt download countries on sourceforge , plus "others"?

HeroC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:44:05 PM

HeroC,

Why not instead have a list based on the top 10 of bitcoin-qt download countries on sourceforge , plus "others"?

Can't seem to find that.  I thought that was just for the project managers.  Ill take a look around, thanks for the feedback!
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:55:18 PM

It seems that the bitcoin community is mostly from america & brazil.

I have yet to find a meetup within the united kingdom, esecially within driving distance from me.
I will be moving out in the states soon, any suggestions where to go?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:56:51 PM

I have yet to find a meetup within the united kingdom, esecially within driving distance from me.

San Francisco appears to be a hot spot for BTC activity--at least, I think it was San Francisco...

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:59:03 PM

San Francisco appears to be a hot spot for BTC activity--at least, I think it was San Francisco...

I have already been to san francisco on holidays and I loved the area, that is actually one place where I was thinking of moving anyway...hmm decisions.

Thanks for that!
solex
Legendary

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:20:36 PM

HeroC,

Can't seem to find that.  I thought that was just for the project managers.  Ill take a look around, thanks for the feedback!

Interesting country stats here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/stats/map?dates=2013-01-01+to+2013-05-04

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:00:44 PM

I'm also finding the groupings a bit weird.  Maybe if you're going to do "Europe" as a group you could also add in general groups for Asia, Oceania, South America, etc.  It's a bit odd to name two Asian countries but not name a couple of European countries.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 01:24:57 AM

Can you plz put in Bulgaria?

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 01:28:34 AM

I'm also finding the groupings a bit weird.  Maybe if you're going to do "Europe" as a group you could also add in general groups for Asia, Oceania, South America, etc.  It's a bit odd to name two Asian countries but not name a couple of European countries.

I'm pretty sure this person must be American to make such a stupid poll.
HeroC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:48:30 AM

Can you plz put in Bulgaria?

Added.

I changed it to 'other European countries' and added some popular european countries.

I'm pretty sure this person must be American to make such a stupid poll.

Yes, I am American. I am not stupid. Why is asking about the demographics of bitcoin so stupid? I am sure you were curious at least once about this. No need to post things like this.
Adamlm

Activity: 822

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 08:29:31 AM

Poland!
Please add it to the poll, it's in the middle of the continent and has over 35 mil. inhabitants so should be listed I think

Peter Lambert

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:04:38 PM

Yes, I am American. I am not stupid. Why is asking about the demographics of bitcoin so stupid? I am sure you were curious at least once about this. No need to post things like this.

The question of the poll is not stupid, the haphazard and unsystematic choices for answers are the stupid part.

Maybe it would be better to stick with continental regions, since there are so many choices for country you leave lots out.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:48:42 PM

What country are you from?
  • USA
  • Bengladesh
  • Honk-Kong
  • Tanzania
  • Bosnia
  • Other countries

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 01:56:53 PM

• USA
  • Bengladesh
  • Honk-Kong
  • Tanzania
  • Bosnia
  • Other countries

The poll should take some sort of reason for listing countries. You could do the largest countries: China, India, USA, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Other.

I guess If you wanted to include Europe better in the poll, you could use the EU as a single entity, it would go between India and the USA.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 02:03:50 PM

• USA
  • Bengladesh
  • Honk-Kong
  • Tanzania
  • Bosnia
  • Other countries

The poll should take some sort of reason for listing countries. You could do the largest countries: China, India, USA, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia, Japan, Mexico, Other.

I guess If you wanted to include Europe better in the poll, you could use the EU as a single entity, it would go between India and the USA.
When talking about Bitcoin I think Internet access is pretty significant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Internet_users

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 03:04:34 PM

• USA
  • Bengladesh
  • Honk-Kong
  • Tanzania
  • Bosnia
  • Other countries

When talking about Bitcoin I think Internet access is pretty significant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_Internet_users

I don't know if it's really that significant, though. Canada is pretty low on the list, but clearly a hub for Bitcoin use. A lot of this is cultural.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: