Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:26:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can the Most Powerful Computer on Earth Hack Bitcoin?  (Read 1669 times)
Alfiah

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 02:25:50 PM

I am not sure. even a computer with high spec can't hack a password easily and taking a long time. but it is also be possible, because technology is always growing every day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:29:55 PM

I've read an article on a website
which states that the Quantum computer does not exist
it is just fiction and almost impossible to transform into the real world
but I do not know Quantum computers exist or not, because I'm not a technology maniac

even if it does exist, I think the future of Bitcoin will be dangerous and can be worthless

dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:11:07 PM

If you are talking about the majority attack - it is currently impossible, and it will stay that way forever I think.
If you are talking about hacking the SHA-256 algorithm which is the basis of Bitcoin cryptography (and more or less and cryptography these days) then - yes, the moment quantum computing becomes commercial, SHA-256 algorithm will become outdated. However, don't worry:
1. There isn't a real working quantum computer existing anywhere in the world. There are a few quasi-quantum computers, not yet proven to be the real thing (Google labs, Microsoft labs,... and more and more joining the race), since the problem of producing a physical qubit has not yet been solved.
2. SHA-256 algorithm will be replaced with something else long before it becomes obsolete.

adpinbr

Activity: 1008
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:20:17 PM

I don't think that computer hardware has something to do with hacking the system of bitcoin. It is more on a software thing and I think in order to hack bitcoin you must have access to its system or codes of the blockchain and in order to have that you must've worked for bitcoin and if that happens it will give a huge wound to bitcoin as a cryptocurrency.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:45:06 PM

Its posible i guess because what we are talking now is supercomputer and this type of computer is used in military basis in my opinion there is a posibility and hkw or we dont know how to do it but there are some genius who are capable of doing things like hacking a cryptocurrency. But we may expect that some precautions might be taken much before such disasters occur. Thats why we should take care of our account at the same time make sure to keep your account safe and protected.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:57:38 PM

It can be hacked by this so called supercomputers but it will take years like 30-40 years on continuous bruteforce attack and its not sure if it will succeed or not no any supercomputers can easily hack bitcoins but human brains can do it over time lets just wait. 

Jacata98

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:59:32 PM

I believe that at the moment no computer can crack the bitcoins encryption keys
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:09:02 PM

Some say Quantum Computing will be able to hack into Blockchains and eventually, all crypto. But today, I read something about using quantum computing to secure the blockchain. Linking the article here
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/quantum-blockchain-time-machine-to-keep-future-blockchains-secure/
bitadviser

Activity: 203
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:17:32 PM

The person who can hack bitcoin can hack the whole banking system, so there is a stupid question, what do u choose to hack if u had a chance, crypto market is still small compared to the world market.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:25:11 PM

Some say Quantum Computing will be able to hack into Blockchains and eventually, all crypto. But today, I read something about using quantum computing to secure the blockchain. Linking the article here
https://www.bitcoinmarketinsider.com/quantum-blockchain-time-machine-to-keep-future-blockchains-secure/
I believe that it can be hacked too but I do believe that the team behind this invention are doing their part for them to protect and secure bitcoin so that we will all can sleep in peace knowing that our coins are safe.

Gatot84

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:51:09 PM

I think this the strongest computer on earth can not hack the bitcoin. With blockchain security changing almost every second or every transaction is done in it (maybe it's wrong or right) so you need to solve the security code with one by one in it. Cool
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:39:07 PM

Hacking Bitcoin is very hard to do because of its peculiar characteristics. While the "supercomputer" advances, Bitcoin also was being more stable. The development for the "supercomputer" still continues and I think it is hard for the computers to develop as fast as Bitcoin.
Yes exactly hacking bitcoin is very hard as it has a lot of well developed and strongly safe wallets which makes it unique and safe among all other inventions, so I think no super computer can ever hack bitcoin, power of bitcoin is higher than everything and it will remain the same for decades. Bitcoin has a wallet which keeps it safe for long time without any trouble of hacking and stealing.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:29:51 PM

Let me be clear - there is no functional quantum computers on this planet.
And there will be no such technology in at least next 50 years, dont bother thinking about that.

When there will be a quantum computer, it will be able to hack btc.

That is certainly true, mate. While it may take quite some time before quantum computers become practical in the mainstream world, they could threaten the security of Bitcoin if the pioneer cryptocurrency doesn't implement a Quantum-resistant algorithm. Of course, given that Bitcoin has a wealth of talented developers, such issues might not happen in the future, as upgrades are implemented into the Bitcoin protocol.

I believe that as Bitcoin grows stronger each day, it will become resilient in a way, where no external forces can penetrate its immutable ledger. In the moment, a few cryptocurrencies have already implemented Quantum-resistance such as Nexus and QRL. While they're quite ahead of Bitcoin in protecting their ledgers against quantum attacks, I'm sure that Bitcoin will not delay in implementing a new algorithm which serves such purpose.

In the end, as mining hashrate grows, and the number of full nodes becomes greater, Bitcoin will become a truly unstoppable cryptocurrency against Quantum attacks or any other attack we could think of. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:53:06 PM

Let me avoid the technical aspects to make things easy for all readers.

So someone said that America's NSA has this great computer(quantum computer) that could easily hack Bitcoin private keys. I really doubt his claim but I know for sure that certain computers  like the most powerful Super Computers are within the reach of some of this Intelligence organizations.
Do you think such computers can crack any security codes put in place to make Bitcoin very secure?
I think the blockchain technology is too strong to be hacked. There has been previous unsuccessful attempts to hack and that has created much awareness and vigilance against such attempts. I don't think having powerful machines(quantum computer) can easily crack security codes.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:16:52 PM

nothing is impossible, but even with the most powerful computer on earth to hack bitcoin as you said, it is not that easy. needs a lot of time and efforts, knowledge and skill about bitcoin.
adpinbr

Activity: 1008
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:24:12 PM

I think so and if quantum computing does exist I think that it can easily breach bitcoin, but to be positive here I also think that bitcoin will not let itself down, every year bitcoin develops, they get better and the security keeps on getting better, I just hope that in the future this won't happen but if it does, it may be the end of bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
berrieswithwine

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:39:46 AM

This is my understanding, someone correct me if I'm wrong. In order for someone to carry out malicious attacks on a blockchain their computing power would have to atleast be more then the hashrate of the network in question. Centralization whether that's considered 51% of computing power. But I was also thinking.. what if someone gets a node to send out malicious software to every node to scramble it. I'm sure people would catch on rather quickly as full saturation of such may take awhile.
raldix00

Activity: 136

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:58:41 AM

For me yes even its not a powerful computer in this earth. They can still hack bitcoin. But i think bitcoin will not gonna make it happen. They always update there security and improve. Thats why im comfort in bitcoin other than other crypto currency
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 04:20:40 PM

I read an article where the author very clearly explained that there is no such computer that could hack the bitcoin)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 10:43:57 PM

I read an article where the author very clearly explained that there is no such computer that could hack the bitcoin)

Well, given that Bitcoin has increased exponentially in hashrate over the course of days, it has become a resilient cryptocurrency against external attacks. As such, I believe that no computer not even a Quantum computer can hack and/or disrupt the Bitcoin network due to this factor. Of course, it might break the encryption of private keys and decipher them, but it could all easily be fixed by implementing a Quantum-resistant algorithm just like some altcoins have done today.

Therefore, Bitcoin can be capable of resisting attacks even from the most powerful computer on the world. The bigger the network's hashrate, the better as attacks will become more expensive to execute. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: